Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 06:51 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Fri. 29 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

TGIF
Old 10-29-2010, 07:23 AM   #2  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default Taking antibiotics while on the IP Program

Can anyone tell me if taking antibiotics affects your weight loss on the program? Someone told me that they contain sugar?

Any comments?

Thanks!
L
Old 10-29-2010, 07:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quick stop in, I'm on my way to work!

WI#4

4 pounds and 2 inches.

Total 20 pounds, and 24 1/2 inches!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #4  

Default Carrying on from last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Can anyone tell me if they know of ANY kind of cheese that "might" be legal and can be eaten during Phase 1? I am missing my cheese terribly!
Lorrie Ain't no program-friendly cheese. There is a cheese-like food product available in the US but I don't think that we can get it here in Canada. And if there was a program friendly-cheese (0 carbs, 0 calories, 0 fat) would it really satisfy your hankering for it?

If I may, I'd like to encourage to just miss cheese. The producers will still be making great cheeses when you've reached your goal. And, you may find that you don't need as much of it as you once did to satisfy your cheese appetite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I have been doing well so far, 40lbs in 9wks, but the inches aren't moving as quickly. I know I'm losing because I've gone from a tight 16 to a loose 12 in pants, but my measurements (in losses) seems to be much lower then others who have posted. I have lost a total of 20 inches. My coach does 5 measurements-chest(ribcage), waist, hips, thigh & upper arm. Is this the same for everyone? Does my loss seem average or low?
2-3 sizes in a little over 2 months!!! I'll say that you're doing well!

Your body is dropping fat and inches in the perfect way for YOUR body. My question for you: If you didn't know how other people's measurements had changed or are changing, how would you feel about losing 20 inches of FAT from those areas?

Wondering about what it takes to be successful on IP? Read JessicaCourez's, our most recent Phaser-Outer, advice. Just click the blue arrow next to her name to jump to her brilliant post from last night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Everything I needed to know about life I learned while on IP. Or…. Secrets to Success while on IP.
Really, go read it. No, now!

A few NSVs for me:
  1. keratosis pilaris is clearing up (bumpy skin on arms and thighs)
  2. ankle once swollen from a fall is now not swollen. Bye bye old fat lady ankle--I won't miss you!
  3. 4 words: bikini underwear looks okay!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! Just popped in to wish everyone a great day!
Old 10-29-2010, 07:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Yay! After a week of being stuck at the same weight, the scale finally moved down a pound - I'll take it!

By the way, what is the recommended max number of carbohydrates per day?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #7  
Sheila E.

While you were sleeping...

We had a ton of inches and pounds lost yesterday throughout the chat. Congrats to everyone on their losses and NSVs!!!

Pegsi bought a little black dress (albeit for a funeral)...and her honey found quite sexy. As TravelingSticher put it "How Pegsi got her groove back"

A must read: Several of you suggested that we bring attention to JessicaCourez's post: Everything I needed to know about life I learned while on IP

JonathanandZeus asked is there a legal IP cheese out there...Ladyvrod suggested the "they call it cheese-stuff" grated parmesan

Mamadancer wants to know how many places your coach measures you because her inches lost aren't measuring up to others.
My coach uses the IP manual worksheets for measuring which requires 11 measurements:
For Women: Neck, Shoulders, Underarm, Chest, Thorax, Waist, Hips, Thigh, Knee, Calf, and Ankle.
For Men: Neck, Shoulders, Chest, Thorax, Waist, Thigh
JonathanandZeus was also curious...does anyone know the affects antibiotics have on IP? and do they contain sugar?

Welcome WyomingGuy! It is nice to see another male among us. (Hey [Salesgod], I don't think you are going to get away with tromping around the forums in nothing but a speedo now :P )

The trending topic and meal of the week seems to be big mac in a bowl. Has anyone not had it for dinner this week?

And as we hit the candy-filled halloween weekend...remember you are stronger than any candy that crosses your path. Does that little piece of candy really taste as good as healthy feels???

Last edited by EatAnts; 10-29-2010 at 08:17 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Good morning...I'm going to a very fancy wedding Saturday....but I am not going to stray from my program..it means to much to me...so I already have a plan..I already asked the bride what they are seving..I will eat the meat and salad...I will also take some decaf Mango Tea and Stevia to make my taste buds happy..and an IP snack for later in the evening...
they have an open bar..but my lips are going to say no no no...and I will dance the night away in my new dress..that actually looks pretty good on me..I think my husband will be impressed...
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #9  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
I have a hx of neck, shoulder, and upper back pain due to a fall on ice about 9 years ago. The past couple of years the problem has improved immensely. When I'd get a flare-up, it had been passing by the next day. Last week and this week it has been much worse.

I have been on the IP diet for 6 weeks and sticking to it about 99%. Does anyone know if there have been any side effects reported on the IP diet for some people getting muscle irritation/muscular pain. I know that muscle wasting will cause a release of lactic acid which can or is irritating to muscles.
Mary, I can relate to your pain. I was hit at 95+ mph in 1998. I have constant back, neck, and shoulder pain. Since being on IP I have been able on to cut back on daily NSAIDs until the last 10 days. When the weather makes major shift in temperature and/or humidity, my body screams in pain for a few weeks until it adjusts to the new season. Keeping hydrated and staying away from caffeine as much as possible will be your best friend (especially if you have spinal damage too).

I, also, agree with someone (sorry I forgot who posted this) yesterday who said that they think the weight loss is relieving pressure on different points of our body. Any changes in how we carry ourselves will affect your back and neck for a bit until it adjusts. This is good pain and will subside as your body settles. I don't think the pain is related to our body but the weight we are removing from our body and the change of seasons.

I hope you feel better soon. Hang in there.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #10  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #11  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Oh, Thank you God for getting me to Friday. I am exhausted - breaking one of the 3 major rules about staying on plan - (Don't let yourself get too hungry, too tired, or too angry). Well - I am breaking another rule I talk about all of the time and that is expectations. I weigh tomorrow and I want to lose two pounds so that I hit my 100 pound lose. I have actually thought about waiting another week to weigh so that I know I will have hit it. They are just numbers, but one of my bench marks. My first one was to get under 200. My second one was to lose a 100 pounds, and my third one will be to get below 160 (my body defiant weight). They are just numbers and if I don't make it I will come back here and tell all of you. I have done everything I am suppose to, so the numbers will be what they will be.

Have a great day and I hope you all can sleep in tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #12  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Thanks for your reply Svelting --- I was 99% sure there wasn't a cheese out there, but I guess I just needed the confirmation --- thanks! Will pass on the cheese for now :-)
Old 10-29-2010, 08:49 AM   #13  
THE ONE AND ONLY!

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'8

What does everyone plan on eating for Thanksgiving? I want to still make what family loves but I need to find some things that I will actually be allowed to eat!
Old 10-29-2010, 08:52 AM   #14  
THE ONE AND ONLY!

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'8

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Thanks for your reply Svelting --- I was 99% sure there wasn't a cheese out there, but I guess I just needed the confirmation --- thanks! Will pass on the cheese for now :-)
I know that my coach told me that I could have 1oz of milk a day, so maybe you could have 1 oz of cheese? I noticed on some of the recipes here on 3FC that 1 oz of cheese is listed in a few of them. Hope that helped! I <3 cheese too!! haha
Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #15  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Oh, Thank you God for getting me to Friday. I am exhausted - breaking one of the 3 major rules about staying on plan - (Don't let yourself get too hungry, too tired, or too angry). Well - I am breaking another rule I talk about all of the time and that is expectations. I weigh tomorrow and I want to lose two pounds so that I hit my 100 pound lose. I have actually thought about waiting another week to weigh so that I know I will have hit it. They are just numbers, but one of my bench marks. My first one was to get under 200. My second one was to lose a 100 pounds, and my third one will be to get below 160 (my body defiant weight). They are just numbers and if I don't make it I will come back here and tell all of you. I have done everything I am suppose to, so the numbers will be what they will be.

Have a great day and I hope you all can sleep in tomorrow.
Rosemary- Huge congratulations to YOU!! Let's be serious- 98 or 100--it doesn't matter.... That's a really monumental accomplishment. You must feel amazing... and I like all your 5 lb "exercising" bunnies!

Jessica- what I learned on IP is that 1. when we are given the tools we need , we are way stronger and much more disciplined than we ever thought. And 2.that I give food too much power. Food is just food. When you forget about it and find something else to focus on, it doesn't control you. My sugar cravings are still there and still drive me crazy BUT I don't give in to them like I used to. 3. that I've wasted a lot of life waiting for IP to come along while I was standing on the sidelines in way too many things & must therefore, never let myself go back AND 4. that now I need to do what I've said for years-- if I could just lose this weight.....fill in the blank. I'd be happy. I'd exercise more. I'd learn to play golf. and on and on. So guess what, I don't have an excuse anymore!!!
Loved your post Jessica
P.S. 5. That having this board is part of the key to success so big thanks to all of the friends I've chatted with here the last 8 months.(still want it to go back to WEEKLY, however, as Christine suggested yesterday)

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 10-29-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread