Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 PM   #31  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natchamp View Post
SJackson - If you are still wondering about coffee creamer choices. This is my daily morning coffee. 16oz coffee, three pumps SF Da Vinci Caramel coffee flavoring, and one packet Chocolate Drink Mix. Shake 'er up while holding the lid closed on the IP shaker. Release the built up pressure of the hot coffee by very slowly unscrewing the top (VERY SLOWLY). Tighten back up and pour out into your favorite giant starbucks coffee mug. Close your eyes and pretend your not at work! haha. Very yummy.
Ha, very good idea (the pretending I'm not at work). I just started putting the WF Caramel in my coffee and it's very good. I just need to back off of the creamer I guess. I did go without the creamer this morning and it's really not bad without it. Just one of those habits that I need to break. I also put Stevia in mine, but with the caramel syrup, I only need a little bit of the Stevia. Thank you!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM   #32  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Hello fellow IPers!!! WOW lots of pounds (and inches) lost - good work everyone!! It feels great, doesn't it??

I hope everyone has a

I miss Carla and her enormously helpful words of advice too!!

I also miss MOTHER DUCK!! our Cheerleader!! So, here is a little cheer for Mother Duck (not as good as one of hers tho!!)
Mother Duck, we miss you here
without you we have NO CHEER!!
Sometimes we grumble,
sometimes we cry
but always come back
and TRY TRY TRY!!
Mother Duck, you're on our team
so please come back
we'll soon be lean!!!
HA HA HA....love your cheer!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #33  

Hi all, if you read my post yesterday I had a REALLY bad craving for all junk and resisted it. I was wondering if it gets easier. It was a very big deal for me since every diet I've been on, I would have cheated. I just know with this it will throw me off 3 days and I don't want to loose that. I just felt like a drug addict yesterday wanting drugs so bad, only it was wanting sugar and carbs, but I don't do drugs so I think thats what it would be like! I am so proud of myself not giving in and this morning I showed I weigh 199! (even on TOM) I sure hope this gets easier!

Good job to everyone who is doing this. Its motivating and an inspiration to read every day (a few times a day even) Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Good afternoon everyone!
First I'd like to celebrate some good news! According to my Naked Weigh In, I hit 30 pounds lost! Finally!

Now the bad news....at yesterday's weigh in I lost a whopping 0! I was prepared for the news (because of my scale addiction), but it is still frustrating.

So, Clarice41, Candace5 and all of you other slow or stalled losers I feel your pain. Like I told you before and I told my coach, I haven't cheated, I drink 120 ounces of water every day, and I have tried eliminating restricteds. My coach asked if I'd been hungry. Funny thing is that "Yes" I have been hungry the last two weeks. Prior to that I was Never hungry. I get hungry (with hunger pangs and stomach growling) at about 9:00 and again at about 3:00. 3:00 is when I have an IP bar. My coach told me that she thinks for some reason I need more nutrition right now and I should add a packet if I get hungry at 9:00. My body is going into starvation mode and not giving up the weight and if I add another packet this will stop. Has anyone else ever tried this? I'll let you know if it works!

Salesgod I just also received an answer to your age old question - Green Cabbage - Yes or No! According to the director of our IP Program, the answer is Yes. She said she personally asked IP this question and they told her that Red Cabbage is better for you due to higher levels of Vitamin C and other nutrients but green cabbage is fine. The director said she lost 50 pounds and was eating green cabbage 3 times a week.

Kaarin I think it's funny how everyone's tastes are so different. I love the new pudding. I think it tastes more like dark chocolate - my fav! Have you tried adding splenda to the pudding? I just added splenda for the first time to a chocolate drink with cherry/pomegranite Crystal Light (a recipe I found in the recipe threads)! So good! Tastes like chocolate covered cherries!

About Carla - I think she is lost in the recipe threads! Last I heard, she was trying to get them organized for us! Carla - come back!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi Everyone! Some days I think these boards keep me going, both because of the inspiration and because I can commiserate with those who get stuck. One of my favorite things is reading contributions from people who have made it to phase 4 - helps me remember that I can do it too.

Once again I am stalled - it does seem to be part of my pattern. Since I do eat two snacks a day, I know I have made a conscious choice to lose a little slower in order not to go crazy and binge, which I have done on other programs. So far my cravings have always been satisfied by knowing I could have something to eat - an IP bar or packet, within a couple of hours, and I can drink water till then! Only once in three months have I strayed and had a small dark chocolate bar; definitely driven by an internal chemical imbalance. (I have always thought of chocolate as my recreational drug of choice, and am grateful that IP has several chocolate selections on this program.)

Anyway, with the post-Halloween challenge coming up, and my deep desire to accelerate my losses a bit, I have come up with an excel spreadsheet food diary. It's very simple but covers the basics and can be printed out in landscape format. It has room for saying what you ate and the amount of calories, fats, carbs, etc.

If there is a way to upload this I would be happy to share it as a file with the forum.

Prior to this I had just counted on the IP packets to keep me headed in the right direction, but by entering the food values, I see there is a significant difference in various items, and that the program can be tweaked to make it work better.

I am sure this is not new information to those of you who have been far more diligent in tracking your intake, but it sure is a revelation to me!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey JollyCrewzer My progress seems to be the same as ours!! wondering if being hungry is my problem????? The whole green cabbage thing is a big no no at my IP place. I wonder why??? I've been earing bok choy in it's place and it's delicious.

And congrats on your 30!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #37  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

The big mac in a bowl was a huge success today! I added some cucumber to up the veggies a little but it was good!

Thank you to the inventive mind!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #38  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Height: 5' 8"

Default A thank you ...

I just would like to thank all of you for replying to my thread about the low weight loss I had this week.

I feel so much better after having read your responses!

Thanks again --- nice to have made friends on here!

Lorrie
Old 10-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 208.8/186.8/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Home from work today

I have a hx of neck, shoulder, and upper back pain due to a fall on ice about 9 years ago. The past couple of years the problem has improved immensely. When I'd get a flare-up, it had been passing by the next day. Last week and this week it has been much worse.

I have been on the IP diet for 6 weeks and sticking to it about 99%. Does anyone know if there have been any side effects reported on the IP diet for some people getting muscle irritation/muscular pain. I know that muscle wasting will cause a release of lactic acid which can or is irritating to muscles. I use 3 to 4 (mostly 3) IP products a day and have chicken, fish , shrimp, or 2 eggs for dinner w/at least 2 cups of permitted veggies.

Well, the chiropractor's office just called to say they can take me in a half hour.

gtg,
Mary
Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 PM   #40  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
I have a hx of neck, shoulder, and upper back pain due to a fall on ice about 9 years ago. The past couple of years the problem has improved immensely. When I'd get a flare-up, it had been passing by the next day. Last week and this week it has been much worse.

I have been on the IP diet for 6 weeks and sticking to it about 99%. Does anyone know if there have been any side effects reported on the IP diet for some people getting muscle irritation/muscular pain. I know that muscle wasting will cause a release of lactic acid which can or is irritating to muscles. I use 3 to 4 (mostly 3) IP products a day and have chicken, fish , shrimp, or 2 eggs for dinner w/at least 2 cups of permitted veggies.

Well, the chiropractor's office just called to say they can take me in a half hour.

gtg,
Mary
Mary, I have had a back problem (2 collapsed discs) for many years and what I have discovered is that as my weight changes, sometimes the pain increases for awhile while my body adjust to those changes. My back is really sensitive, even doing something as simple as changing the style of the bra I'm wearing can set it off. I haven't found this worsened by IP, but I have needed to get a few adjustments in 4 months I've been on it as my weight has changed.

I have found that with my ankle, where I've had 3 reconstructive surgeries, I have found the pain has lessened. I chalk that up to carrying 70 pounds less on it though.

Hopefully, your chiro can give you some relief.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #41  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Mamadancer!

I am very new,, 3rd week on IP and just found this web site.
I am curious what is RTU?
Lisa
Ready-to-use. It comes in cups like any other pre-made pudding. Welcome to IP Lisa!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:42 PM   #42  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

The snack bar in our office, which sat empty for a month due to construction, has just been restocked. It's 15 feet from my cube. Anyone have a ankle shackle to spare?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
The snack bar in our office, which sat empty for a month due to construction, has just been restocked. It's 15 feet from my cube. Anyone have a ankle shackle to spare?
Your loss is great and I know you can ignore that temptation! It's sometimes easier said than done... I'm so glad our snacks aren't near my office. I'm just on week 3 and hope I can keep up my resistance to such temptations.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #44  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
Mary
I liked the idea that another poster stated. It may be your body adjusting to new weight distribution. Myself, I suffered from joint and back problems, which I now know what directly related to the weight. I've had a few car accidents that have caused weakened areas in my back and neck, but they hurt less and less as I lose the weight. I hope it's just a tweak that the chiro can adjust, but it may also be just a change in the body.

Also don't forget your salt. Low sodium levels will cause muscle aches too.

I'm happy with my weight loss so far because my body is stronger. If someone startled me or if I stepped off a stair funny my back would pop out of place. That doesn't happen anymore.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 295/255/210

Height: 6'4''

Default Horseradish

Hello,

This is my first post. I am on week 4 and have lost 28 lbs. I started at 295 lbs. My question is about horseradish. Does any use it? reguar or creamy? Is it ok to use? Thanks, I am looking forward to participating.

Eric
Closed Thread