Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #16  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! Survived two days of 40 mph winds here in Iowa. Brrrr! At least my leaves are gone from my yard. Yesterday it was so cold and windy that I didn't walk my dog for the first time in months. Tired it the first day with this wind and made it, but it wasn't fun.

I see quite a few of us are toying with a certain weight hurdle that we are having trouble getting over. I too, am one of those. I am so close to the 150's but I swear my mind is telling me that I can't do it. Last night I decided to read back through my journal. I was amazed at when I looked back, there were times when I was struggling and really upset with my weight lost. Then a few weeks later, I was down 12 pounds. Started thinking, stay the course, it is working. Stay off the scale at home and let the plan work. It will.

I am just short of 25 pounds gone and hope to hit it this week. Never have I lost that much weight in such a short period of time. Just keep telling yourselves to stay the course. In a couple of months we can all look back to this point and smile when we see that we got over those silly numbers in our heads by what the scale will tell us then. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:22 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Fellow IPers.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day! My little guy is gone to his first of 3 Halloween parties, so a free morning for Mommy, EXCEPT that I am frustrated by the 16 yr old kid that WON'T get out of bed! I have better things to do with my morning than to holler at him to get up! GRRRRRRR! (my rant for the day)

Did I miss something? Where is Carla? She is sure missed!

Have a great day!

Susan
Old 10-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #18  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good morning! Survived two days of 40 mph winds here in Iowa. Brrrr! At least my leaves are gone from my yard. Yesterday it was so cold and windy that I didn't walk my dog for the first time in months. Tired it the first day with this wind and made it, but it wasn't fun.

I see quite a few of us are toying with a certain weight hurdle that we are having trouble getting over. I too, am one of those. I am so close to the 150's but I swear my mind is telling me that I can't do it. Last night I decided to read back through my journal. I was amazed at when I looked back, there were times when I was struggling and really upset with my weight lost. Then a few weeks later, I was down 12 pounds. Started thinking, stay the course, it is working. Stay off the scale at home and let the plan work. It will.

I am just short of 25 pounds gone and hope to hit it this week. Never have I lost that much weight in such a short period of time. Just keep telling yourselves to stay the course. In a couple of months we can all look back to this point and smile when we see that we got over those silly numbers in our heads by what the scale will tell us then. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Have a great day everyone!
Weren't those winds crazy? I had to grab onto my 13 year old to help her walk upwind through the parking lot and they actually caused me to stall going forward for a bit! I turned on the heater this morning---I am not looking forward to winter!

Journaling is a great way to remind us where we have been and that we get over those humps. I'm sure you'll be under 150 and looking back at it before you know.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/202/160

Height: 5'6.5"

Good morning all. I just had my 3rd weigh in (at home) and down another 4#. I am so close to being out of the 200's I can taste it! I am going to be so glad if this is the last week of them.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:11 AM   #20  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

I know there has been talk before about the reformulation of the Chocolate Pudding. This is my snack every evening, with a little WF Chocolate sauce drizzled on it. Well, I think my new box this week is the new stuff and if tasted TERRIBLE. I noticed right away it poured out of the shaker easier, but it was bland and not sweet, just BLECH! This is a real bummer as I'll have to figure out a new evening treat now. Suggestions?
By the way, these are the nutrition facts for up here in Canada:
110 calories
.5 fat
15 mg cholesterol
7 carbs (with 4 sugar)

Have a great IP day everyone!
Hi Kaarin,

Yes it does look like we have the same start and height!
I am on week 3 right now so I hope to catch up with your success weight loss!!
I really like the bbq chips or the chocolate drink(cold or hot with peppermint extract).
Have a great day
Lisa
Old 10-28-2010, 11:20 AM   #21  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
I have the RTU chocolate pudding most evenings. I know it is a little more expensive but you do get 8 in the box instead of 7 and the convenience of having it ready on hand in the fridge whenever I want it plus the great taste make it worth it for me. It's also very convenient for travel.

Don't worry and don't weigh yourself! You're doing great! You'll start noticing the changes in your body very soon.
Hi Mamadancer!

I am very new,, 3rd week on IP and just found this web site.
I am curious what is RTU?
Lisa
Old 10-28-2010, 11:23 AM   #22  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
Thanks for the input! I hope everyone has a great day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good morning!

Grrrrr~! My scale has been stuck at 200 pounds for 5 days! Its really making me work to get to that elusive ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I know any day now I will see that Wonderful ONEderland!!!!!

To everyone else.. have a great day!

Candace

Hang in there you two! Just remember how much you have lost so far. Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good morning Fellow IPers.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous day! My little guy is gone to his first of 3 Halloween parties, so a free morning for Mommy, EXCEPT that I am frustrated by the 16 yr old kid that WON'T get out of bed! I have better things to do with my morning than to holler at him to get up! GRRRRRRR! (my rant for the day)

Did I miss something? Where is Carla? She is sure missed!

Have a great day!

Susan
One word for the 16 yr WATER!

Last edited by paygirl; 10-28-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Snuck a peek at the scale this morning and it looks like I'm down a little over three lbs since Tuesday. I'm not going to get on the scale again until Tuesday - my official one week weigh-in. Didn't seem to be as hungry yesterday. I had some of my homemade chicken stock yesterday afternoon and that seemed to get rid of any urges to eat. This morning I started out the day with the vanilla pudding made into a shake with a little SF DaVincis Gingerbread syrup added in. Super yummy! I've also been drinking a lot of hot herbal tea which keeps my belly full.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5'0"

Good Morning everyone!!
I'm still new and using how to navigate the website!!! WI tomorrow hoping to hit the 20lb mark!! Can't wait to try the big mac recipe!!! Thanks for the posting of recipes it's a great lifeline!!!

Have a great day all!!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #25  

Since I plan on skipping all of the holiday meals, I ordered SF DaVincis Eggnog flavored. I'm hoping that this, in a vanilla pudding, will satisfy my annual crave for a little eggnog or an eggnog milkshake from Jack in the Box. Has anyone tried this flavor?
Old 10-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
Hi Mamadancer!

I am very new,, 3rd week on IP and just found this web site.
I am curious what is RTU?
Lisa
smileylisa!.. glad you found us...

I think RTU=ready to use...

hugs
Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #27  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
Thanks for the input! I hope everyone has a great day.
I did and it stays slow for a couple days after weigh-in of the 4th weigh-in but then woosh...4 pounds by the end of the next week.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM   #28  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

1st...has anyone heard from Carla...I miss all her wisdom?

2nd....I did it...today down 30 pounds exactly (6 weeks and 2 days)...Yipee!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

SJackson - If you are still wondering about coffee creamer choices. This is my daily morning coffee. 16oz coffee, three pumps SF Da Vinci Caramel coffee flavoring, and one packet Chocolate Drink Mix. Shake 'er up while holding the lid closed on the IP shaker. Release the built up pressure of the hot coffee by very slowly unscrewing the top (VERY SLOWLY). Tighten back up and pour out into your favorite giant starbucks coffee mug. Close your eyes and pretend your not at work! haha. Very yummy.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #30  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Hello fellow IPers!!! WOW lots of pounds (and inches) lost - good work everyone!! It feels great, doesn't it??

I hope everyone has a

I miss Carla and her enormously helpful words of advice too!!

I also miss MOTHER DUCK!! our Cheerleader!! So, here is a little cheer for Mother Duck (not as good as one of hers tho!!)
Mother Duck, we miss you here
without you we have NO CHEER!!
Sometimes we grumble,
sometimes we cry
but always come back
and TRY TRY TRY!!
Mother Duck, you're on our team
so please come back
we'll soon be lean!!!
Closed Thread