Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM   #46  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyomingGuy View Post
Hello,

This is my first post. I am on week 4 and have lost 28 lbs. I started at 295 lbs. My question is about horseradish. Does any use it? reguar or creamy? Is it ok to use? Thanks, I am looking forward to participating.

Eric
Welcome Eric!

I would say no to the cream style, it has sugar in it. Not sure about the regular but I think it would be ok if it has no sugar listed on the label or carbs. Always best to ask your coach to make sure though.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

I know there has been talk before about the reformulation of the Chocolate Pudding. This is my snack every evening, with a little WF Chocolate sauce drizzled on it. Well, I think my new box this week is the new stuff and if tasted TERRIBLE. I noticed right away it poured out of the shaker easier, but it was bland and not sweet, just BLECH! This is a real bummer as I'll have to figure out a new evening treat now. Suggestions?
By the way, these are the nutrition facts for up here in Canada:
110 calories
.5 fat
15 mg cholesterol
7 carbs (with 4 sugar)

Have a great IP day everyone!
You could try adding different flavorings....DV caramel, Cherry crystal light, CV Creme de menthe.....or try using vanilla and add WF chocolate syrup and/or Splenda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joellio View Post
Good morning... Hope everyone is doing great I have my 2nd WI tomorrow. Excited and a little scared. Did great in my 1st week lost 8.4 and this time I don't know I'm not cheating but I am not really noticing a difference (although I really didn't notice a difference the previous week either). Do you guys weight yourselves everyday. I walk by my scale everyday and resist the urge to get on because I don't want to obsess about progress. I'm trying to just incorporate the plan in my daily life without making it the only thing in my life... that way I'm not constantly thinking about foods I can't have and just focus on being on the path to being healthier... does that make sence?
It makes perfect sense to me!! We had this discussion last week, I think....about not obsessing about the home scale. Since I travel so much of the time, and don't have a home scale anyway, I only weigh in occasionally, which means I am never disappointed! Of course, when I get to the other phases, I will have to monitor much more carefully!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Good morning! Survived two days of 40 mph winds here in Iowa. Brrrr! At least my leaves are gone from my yard. Yesterday it was so cold and windy that I didn't walk my dog for the first time in months. Tired it the first day with this wind and made it, but it wasn't fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Weren't those winds crazy? I had to grab onto my 13 year old to help her walk upwind through the parking lot and they actually caused me to stall going forward for a bit! I turned on the heater this morning---I am not looking forward this winter!
Glad the wind left here!! Don't you wonder where all those leaves end up?? (At least out in the country!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chan3 View Post
Good morning all. I just had my 3rd weigh in (at home) and down another 4#. I am so close to being out of the 200's I can taste it! I am going to be so glad if this is the last week of them.
Onderland is just ahead for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

Snuck a peek at the scale this morning and it looks like I'm down a little over three lbs since Tuesday. I'm not going to get on the scale again until Tuesday - my official one week weigh-in. Didn't seem to be as hungry yesterday. I had some of my homemade chicken stock yesterday afternoon and that seemed to get rid of any urges to eat. This morning I started out the day with the vanilla pudding made into a shake with a little SF DaVincis Gingerbread syrup added in. Super yummy! I've also been drinking a lot of hot herbal tea which keeps my belly full.
Mmmm the Gingerbread syrup sounds good!! Just some cinnamon in the vanilla is one of my favorites--cold or warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobolexus View Post
Good Morning everyone!!
I'm still new and using how to navigate the website!!! WI tomorrow hoping to hit the 20lb mark!! Can't wait to try the big mac recipe!!! Thanks for the posting of recipes it's a great lifeline!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
I also miss MOTHER DUCK!! our Cheerleader!!
Me too!! Anone heard from Mother Duck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyonIP View Post
Hi all, if you read my post yesterday I had a REALLY bad craving for all junk and resisted it. I was wondering if it gets easier. It was a very big deal for me since every diet I've been on, I would have cheated. I just know with this it will throw me off 3 days and I don't want to loose that. I just felt like a drug addict yesterday wanting drugs so bad, only it was wanting sugar and carbs, but I don't do drugs so I think thats what it would be like! I am so proud of myself not giving in and this morning I showed I weigh 199! (even on TOM) I sure hope this gets easier!
Great news on the weight loss!! And on not cheating! About your other question...I just finished making a Red Velvet cake (hubby's favorite) for his birthday AND frosting it! I did NOT cheat, not even one lick! And believe me (true confessions here) normally I would be licking everything...batter, beaters, spatula...well, you get the picture. Years of bad habits will not disappear overnight!! TWICE I almost did it without thinking....just a habit. I think it is easier now because of the continued success I have had on IP. Be strict, but kind with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
The big mac in a bowl was a huge success today! I added some cucumber to up the veggies a little but it was good!

Thank you to the inventive mind!
I tried it last night too! I highly recommend it, with lots of dressing and dill pickles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrchristian View Post
I have a hx of neck, shoulder, and upper back pain due to a fall on ice about 9 years ago. The past couple of years the problem has improved immensely. When I'd get a flare-up, it had been passing by the next day. Last week and this week it has been much worse.

I have been on the IP diet for 6 weeks and sticking to it about 99%. Does anyone know if there have been any side effects reported on the IP diet for some people getting muscle irritation/muscular pain. I know that muscle wasting will cause a release of lactic acid which can or is irritating to muscles. I use 3 to 4 (mostly 3) IP products a day and have chicken, fish , shrimp, or 2 eggs for dinner w/at least 2 cups of permitted veggies.
I have fibromyalgia, and after 6 weeks have had no obvious increase in muscle pain. Muscle wasting should not occur on IP, because of the high-quality protein used, and that is part of the genius of this diet. Besides making sure you have enough salt and water as someone suggested, you could try taking (with Dr or coach approval) an extra Calcium with potassium. But I also agree this could be due to how your body is changing!
Hang in there--muscle pain is no fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
The snack bar in our office, which sat empty for a month due to construction, has just been restocked. It's 15 feet from my cube. Anyone have a ankle shackle to spare?
I can check with some of my law enforcement friends if you need!

Quote:
Hello,

This is my first post. I am on week 4 and have lost 28 lbs. I started at 295 lbs. My question is about horseradish. Does any use it? reguar or creamy? Is it ok to use? Thanks, I am looking forward to participating.

Eric
Glad you are here! Salesgod will be glad to have another male on the board. I don't know about horseradish....should have 0 calories, 0 sugars, 0 fats to work on IP. Check the label carefully. If it is not "legal" check out the recipe threads for sauces/recipes. Or try some of the spice combinations out there. Good luck!
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hello,

Eric
Not sure...I would think plain would be fine...Definately not creamy
Old 10-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #49  

Thumbs up Horseradish

Quote:
This is my first post. I am on week 4 and have lost 28 lbs. I started at 295 lbs. My question is about horseradish. Does any use it? reguar or creamy? Is it ok to use?
Eric, welcome! Your best bet with horseradish is to get an actual horseradish root and grate it. 1 teaspoon of fresh horseradish is a 0 fat, <0.5 carb, close to 0 calories. I'd avoid the prepared (bottled) versions because they often have oils or sweeteners (including sugar).

There are nutrition data sites you can use to check out different foods to see how they compare with those listed on the Ideal Protein Phase "x" sheets, including these two:

Linden's preferred site: USDA Nutrition Database

showgirlaz uses nutritiondata dot com

(The links are also in the Tips for Newbies sticky thread, post #53)

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-28-2010 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #50  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Happy Thursday peeps! (I always have to stop myself from saying 'ladies' because I know there are boys here. ) Well, WI #3, down 3 lbs and 2 inches. I keep hoping that I'm going to have an amazing week of a huge loss, but what I have to remember is that each week is an amazing week becuase the number on the scale is going down and I feel better. Not to mention this is the week that people started to notice that I was losing weight! I was thrilled to change my avatar today too. :-) 10 lbs gone forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I remember seeing a recipe where you can use the crepe packets to make "crackers". I haven't tried it yet, but it sounded yummy.
I did this with my crepes. It made a good vehicle for my pushing-IP-boundaries chicken salad. I'm not making the chicken salad any more, but the crackers are nice to have.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #51  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

Thanks for the warm welcome and encouraging words!

Ketoses I probably spelled wrong! Cant find a thread/info on this, can someone help me out??

Lisa
Old 10-28-2010, 09:00 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Welcome Eric.

Is there a rule against having a weekly thread or does it have to be a daily thread?

I'm hoping that if there were a weekly thread people could connect more!

Christine
Old 10-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #53  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

I believe they have a daily thread because it caps at 500 posts.....
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #54  

Christine, we started doing a daily thread in August at the request of the forum moderators. A weekly thread was getting very long and we started to hit the maximum # of posts -- 500 -- before the end of the week. Threads that long are easier for the seasoned folks, but it can be very overwhelming for new peeps. So unless the number of posts drops dramatically, we'll probably be doing daily threads.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #55  

Dang I knew there was some reason it wasn't a weekly thread!!!

Thank you for replying I'm svelting.

Last edited by cmsgrrl; 10-28-2010 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:31 PM   #56  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
Thanks for the input! I hope everyone has a great day.
This message has been going around the boards for a couple of days, "stay off your home scale". We set expectations for ourselves, get disappointed, obsess about the weight, and at our one week weigh in we have lost. We put ourselves through a lot of heart ache. Stay off of the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Good morning!

Grrrrr~! My scale has been stuck at 200 pounds for 5 days! Its really making me work to get to that elusive ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! However, I know any day now I will see that Wonderful ONEderland!!!!!

To everyone else.. have a great day!

Candace
Read the above and believe in the process.

Quote:
Hello,

Eric
Welcome - good luck with the horseradish??? Great to have another male on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Christine, we started doing a daily thread in August at the request of the forum moderators. A weekly thread was getting very long and we started to hit the maximum # of posts -- 500 -- before the end of the week. Threads that long are easier for the seasoned folks, but it can be very overwhelming for new peeps. So unless the number of posts drops dramatically, we'll probably be doing daily threads.
I started reading the threads in June and it was very overwhelming. After the forum was changed to daily threads it has been a much more intimate setting. Thanks Svelting - You contribute a lot to the boards and I want you to know that I appreciate it.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 10-28-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #57  

I just wanted to take the time and thank everyone here for all of their support and knowledge. Thanks guys!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Well yesterday sucked... Wednesday weigh in!
Weight on tuesday (at home) 148
Weight on Wednesday (at home and clinic) 150
Weight on Thursday (at home) 148
So I am going with the 148 because that was just to weird and random and I always lose 2 lbs a week!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #59  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a question for those of you who have been doing the IP diet for a while. I have been on it for 5 weeks and 2 days. I have lost 23 lbs-which, don't get me wrong is great, but last weigh in I only lost 1.4 lbs and my coach said it might be my "1 week not to lose". He warned me of this at the beginning. Anyway since then, my scales still have not budged! I'm getting worried that I may be plateauing already-isn't it too soon for a platuea? I had hopes of reaching my goal weight before Christmas. I haven't cheated one second (although I sure have had a few "unclean" thoughts-pizza, italian bread, etc). I guess what I'm asking is is this normal for everyone? Did your weight loss slow down alot after the first 4 weeks?
Thanks for the input! I hope everyone has a great day.
Hey Clarice --- I just completed my 9th week on the program and I have had huge success with my weigh-in's each week. I have lost a total of 43-1/2 pounds and 32-1/2" which I am thrilled about!

But at this week's weigh-in, I hit the dreaded "brick wall" that my coach had been telling me about since the beginning. I only lost 0.2 pounds. It's a loss, but I was devastated!

I have been exercising more on the treadmill, on the approval of my coach, and she told me that I might have built some muscle this past week and, hence, the reason for the scale not moving too much.

She told me to keep plugging away, with the excercise, and that my body was just talking a break to figure out all I have been throwing at it.

I am hoping for more of a loss next week, but I am not gonna lose sleep over it!

Hope this helps you out!
L

P.S. I haven't cheated either
Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

My whole family loved the Big Mac in a Bowl...yea!!! I am so excited to find something everybody agrees on.

My first week I lost 9 lbs, the second only 1 lb, the third was 5 lbs...so for those who are questioning the slow loss...it seems to be okay and come off the next week. I also have a problem with checking the home scale all the time and it is just depressing...I can be down 5 lbs and the next day it will show no loss so...boo to the home scale lol

I am so excited to be doing IP and can't wait to be out of the 170s. 15 lbs in three weeks is great so I know that hopefully in another two weeks I will have moved into the 160s. I am excited about the new mini-goal before Christmas...it will be my first mini goal and I think it will be good for my motivation

Well...I am going to crash...hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow
Closed Thread