Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #16  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Yesterday I went through my closet and dresser (for the 4th time since starting IP) and got another black garbage bag full of "too big" clothes! That's the 4th bag! I never knew I had so many clothes! And a lot were clothes that were too small at my biggest! Good thing I kept all my "skinny" clothes! I knew I would be wearing them again. I have gone through them a bit and gotten rid of things that I know I would never wear again. It's exciting! My dresser is pretty well empty now and the closet is full of mostly Brandon's clothes! Can't wait to go on a shopping spree when I reach my goal. For now, I always head to the clearance sections or Value Village. No sense paying a lot of money for something I'm only going to wear for a month or two.

We are planning a week vacation when Brandon gets home, so I have already bought several discounted tank tops, since I won't be able to find much in stores at the end of December. Can't beat $2 for a shirt, or $3 for a sun dress!! Can't wait for swim suit shopping the week before we leave! I never thought I would look forward to that!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! Just stopping by to wish everyone a great day!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:32 AM   #18  
Started IP Oct 11,2010

S/C/G: 229.8/181/147

Height: 5.4"

One of the best piece of advise I have learned and have now accepted: "Throw your scale away" . Some people get in a habit of getting on the scale 10 times a day which can be disappointing if you don't see the loss. We can sabotage our selves this way.

Just a friendly tip I am passing on, it may help you feel more at ease and not a prisoner of the dreaded scale!
Have a great day everyone.
I am so happy I was given this web site from my IP coach.

Last edited by smileylisa; 10-27-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/bee01/lb/229/147/217/.png[/img] [/url]
Old 10-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Different NSV

My future DDIL gave me a big bag of clothes for me to shrink into!!! Yeah more nice skinny clothes
Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Still living in "That 70's Show"..5 days at 170.5 argh! My body has not seen the 160's in forever and is really puttin up a fight.

Off to Costco today to see what mischief I can get into there.

Have a great IP day all.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Still living in "That 70's Show"..5 days at 170.5 argh! My body has not seen the 160's in forever and is really puttin up a fight.

Off to Costco today to see what mischief I can get into there.

Have a great IP day all.
Are we starring in the same role???? LOL! I am stuck, at EXACTLY the same place!

Friday, better have the show cancelled! :P
Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/153/135

Height: 5'5

I am sooo excited!!! S/C/G 185/170/135 Wk1- 9lbs Wk2- 6lbs...... 15 pounds in 2 weeks yay! I cant wait to start working out a bit more now. Been doing some light cardio at the gym a few times per week. Not expecting such bit losses in the next few weeks I hear week 3 has been a low loss week for many. Keepin on track and looking to be in the 150's by Thanksgiving :-)

Hope yall have a great day and thanks for all the great information and support!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 AM   #23  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Weigh in this morning... down 3.1 pounds! That means, I'm out of the 230's--though barely and I met my goal for the Halloween challenge!!!

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. I'm thinking about what I want to set as my next goal...

Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Had an okay day yesterday (Day 1 on IP for me), the problem is that I'm so used to eating mindlessly in the hour between when I get home and when my DH gets home. I popped a handful of chex mix in my mouth without even thinking about it! I spit as much out as I could but had already swallowed a little bit. I swear my brain was just not in gear. Hopefully it wasn't enough to keep me from getting into ketosis in the next couple of days. So mad at myself. I thought I'd de-carbed my kitchen pretty well over the weekend.

I think I'm going to move my snack to mid-afternoon instead of after dinner. I think maybe if I have something before I leave work it will help keep me in check. I'm also wondering about splitting up my protein serving for the next couple of days. Will do a seperate post on that though.
Old 10-27-2010, 11:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

Had an okay day yesterday (Day 1 on IP for me), the problem is that I'm so used to eating mindlessly in the hour between when I get home and when my DH gets home. I popped a handful of chex mix in my mouth without even thinking about it! I spit as much out as I could but had already swallowed a little bit. I swear my brain was just not in gear. Hopefully it wasn't enough to keep me from getting into ketosis in the next couple of days. So mad at myself. I thought I'd de-carbed my kitchen pretty well over the weekend.

I think I'm going to move my snack to mid-afternoon instead of after dinner. I think maybe if I have something before I leave work it will help keep me in check. I'm also wondering about splitting up my protein serving for the next couple of days. Will do a seperate post on that though.
Are you really hungry in the afternoon? If so have an extra packet! If not, it's just a bad habit....like we all have! I just caught myself doing something similar cleaning up the dinner dishes last night, and I have been on IP 6 weeks!! Don't beat yourself up.....it takes us a longer time to reset our minds than it does our pancreas!
Old 10-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #26  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning everyone. I been toying with 200lb mark for a number of weeks now. For the last 10 years I have yo-yo'd between 200 and 230 and it seems that every time I get to 200 something horrible happens in life and I eat my way through the emotions. This time, since I'm on a diet that is so effective, I know I can do it. But I have this mental block about 200lbs. It's stinkin' thinkin'. I know I have more control over my body than the scale does. And if you are all wondering it there is in fact an emotional event that occurred at the same time I hit 200lbs, the answer is, yes. My mom has terminal cancer and she is now at the stage where doctors are just trying to make her comfortable. She is only 56.

So I decided when I started IP last June that I would go to a couselor at the same time because I needed help to get through the 200lb thing. Well, here I am. I've been toying with about 2.5lbs for the last month or so. Down, up, down, up.

In an attempt to make this obsession stop I've made a plan with my IP coach. I will come in every week to measure and weigh in. I will have the chart with my measurements only. She will have the chart with my weight. Only she gets to see the weight. If my weight goes down, she gives a thumbs up. If the weight stays the same or goes up, thumbs down. This way I know I'm on the right track and whether or not I need to make adjustments. I need to get under 200 and through the 190s then I think I can do the rest without obsessing anymore.

Anyone have further thoughts on this or a similar experience?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Hi Everyone!!! So many upbeat, positive posts this morning; thanks!

I had a fabulous early morning run (4:30am!) It felt so wonderful running WITHOUT any flabby fat jostling around. Plus, gotta admit, I love the way I looked in my little, itty bitty running tights and jacket. My physical therapist told me to take it easy for the first couple of weeks, which is going to be hard, but I know in the long run I have to in order to avoid re-injurying myself. Patience and going slow are two things I'm not good at...

Being healthy is just so... perfect.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:13 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Have a question for anyone who wants to answer. Yesterday I went to lunch and had small hamburger patty plain,and my veggies - but the only salad available was really yucky looking, so I passed. Last night after I got in from the barn I fixed my steamed veggies, IP chicken soup and forgot about the salad. Just wondering how important of a role the salad plays - I did not feel hungry for lack of food? Do I need to make sure I eat the lettuce? Just wondering....
Old 10-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #29  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Shrinkingsusie-I just went through my closet and gave most of my "Dress" cloths to my sister-she was thrilled. I have been able to fit into my M tops now with lots of room-will be trying the smalls soon!!

Yeah to everyone loosing inches and weight!!!!

natchamp-so sorry to hear about your mom!! My heart goes out to you. I have a mental block with 130. I haven't been to 130 in many years!! I am bound and determined this week (wk#3) that darn scale will move. I have been extra good, getting my water ect... so we will see
Old 10-27-2010, 12:29 PM   #30  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Hi Everyone!!! So many upbeat, positive posts this morning; thanks!

I had a fabulous early morning run (4:30am!) It felt so wonderful running WITHOUT any flabby fat jostling around. Plus, gotta admit, I love the way I looked in my little, itty bitty running tights and jacket. My physical therapist told me to take it easy for the first couple of weeks, which is going to be hard, but I know in the long run I have to in order to avoid re-injurying myself. Patience and going slow are two things I'm not good at...

Being healthy is just so... perfect.

OMG-I am so jealous!!!!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!
Closed Thread