Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wed. 27 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-27-2010, 07:03 AM   #2  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Everyone!
Congrats to all the scale losses yesterday!!
Because of all the talk about the Big Mac recipe yesterday I will be making this for dinner tonight! can't wait!! Yes it is only 7am, it will be a long day

Have a great day everyone looking forward to reading everyone's posts!
Old 10-27-2010, 07:31 AM   #3  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Good morning, ladies and gents (including the speedo sporting man paying as for as little material as possible these days :P ). Happy Hump day! (yeah, I had a little trouble believing it myself this morning when I originally posted today's thread as Tuesday...again. Note to self: check the date before posting things at 3:30am)

Congrats on everyone's great losses and NSV.

What you missed while you were sleeping...
WannaBeHotMum had a rough start to her day yesterday but recovered to get herself back on track the rest of the day. Yay on your NSV!
Sparkle7 just ordered miracle noodles and wants to know who has the scoop on them.
The good, the bad, and the sparkly NSVs all in one: JessicaCourez and Pegsi had their rings sized up, found IP, ditched the "sausage fingers", and now need their rings sized down.

Last edited by EatAnts; 10-27-2010 at 07:36 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quick hello , drinking my glass of whey....and then I'm out the door.. I made the Big Mac in a Bowl last night ( added a small cut up tomato) but used ground Bison instead- it was the best! Bison is lower than chicken for cholestrol.. and I'm having THOSE issues. Happy Wed everyone!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:03 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Wednesday everyone! Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Good morning everyone! With all the talk of the Big Mac in a Bowl recipe yesterday, I made it for dinner last night: YUMMMMMM! I make a taco salad much the same way, love the WF Thousand Island dressing.

I am in a rut. Keeping on plan, but scale isn't budging much the last two weeks. Pretty disappointing, as I'm only 5 pounds away from my original goal. I've decided with the holidays approaching, I would try to lose another 10 for a cushion, and to get an even better BMI. Hopefully, I'll see some movement on the scale at this weeks WI.

Love reading about everyone's losses and NSVs! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:48 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Default Question for you all ....

Are there any clinics out there that sell by the packet vs. by the box? I would love to try more items, but my clinic sells only by the box and no returns of opened boxes. It makes it an expensive oops! if I purchase something I don't like. (much like the creepy crepes I got a couple of weeks ago)

I've asked my doctor to consider putting together "sampler packs" much like the first round of food we got. They say they are considering it. Even if once a month I could purchase a "snacks" sampler (bars, ridges, soy nuts, etc.) or a pudding sampler, etc. I'm told that there is a support group once a month and that people bring their unwanted packets there to trade, but the timing hasn't worked out for me. I am compiling an impressive mound of packets that I don't particularly care for.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:06 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning all.

I am up and the house is still really quiet. The weather has finally caught up with the season and its miserable out.

I am lucky on the ring front. As many pounds as I gained, my hands didn't, was worried when I started to lose, but they are not losing anymore. Its so weird, cause I thought for sure!

I am fitting some of my nicer bras, around the middle, but the cup size is too small. Oh my, I hope I am not keeping these large things! LOL!

I am still bleeding. It has been almost 3 weeks now, and I am getting tired of it. Bleh. Wishing that would sort itself out.

I have weighed this round, and it goes up then down then up then down. I won't get on the scale until weigh in on Friday now, hoping to see atleast another 3 pounds, cause its not loooking very good so far this week.

I made my Mom a birthday dinner last night. It was fabulous. My whole family ate an IP friendly meal and hardly noticed! I made grilled trout, cauliflower rice (which is so yummy BTW) and asparagus and salad. I added garlic toast for them and of course the birthday cake.
The hardest thing that I had to deal with? The garlic toast. I wanted it so bad. I didn't have any!

I got a whole bunch of new stuff yesterday! My coach (who is just starting out) just got all her stuff, so it was the first time I could "shop" I have been ordering to my friend who started her out just over the phone. I am excited to try some new things. I got the cereal and the oatmeal, as well as some different drinks!

Wow, I have a lot more to say when everyone is still sleeping!

Hope everyone has a great day! Today is election day, I must brave the cold and go and vote!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Are there any clinics out there that sell by the packet vs. by the box? I would love to try more items, but my clinic sells only by the box and no returns of opened boxes. It makes it an expensive oops! if I purchase something I don't like. (much like the creepy crepes I got a couple of weeks ago)

I've asked my doctor to consider putting together "sampler packs" much like the first round of food we got. They say they are considering it. Even if once a month I could purchase a "snacks" sampler (bars, ridges, soy nuts, etc.) or a pudding sampler, etc. I'm told that there is a support group once a month and that people bring their unwanted packets there to trade, but the timing hasn't worked out for me. I am compiling an impressive mound of packets that I don't particularly care for.
My clinic sells everything individually. My coach said that head office is coming down on them because the ingredients are not listed on the individual packets. She has decided to scan the nutrition info and put a sticker on each pack. She is very helpful.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/180/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning all.

I am up and the house is still really quiet. The weather has finally caught up with the season and its miserable out.

I am lucky on the ring front. As many pounds as I gained, my hands didn't, was worried when I started to lose, but they are not losing anymore. Its so weird, cause I thought for sure!

I am fitting some of my nicer bras, around the middle, but the cup size is too small. Oh my, I hope I am not keeping these large things!
I hear you on the bra front. 2 weeks ago I thought I was going to need a custom fit but now I'm filling out and not spilling out of them. Can't wait the buy/ fit in to my old bras!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:27 AM   #11  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

@Sparkle7....I do like the miracle noodles....1/2 a package is a serving. Rinse them well, then cut them up (I use kitchen shears), finally throw them into whatever you are making! I had them 2 nights ago, then had leftovers yesterday for lunch! Yummy....and filling!

The scale hasn't mooooooved much this week. However, I was surprised to see a 2 lb loss over the weekend (it was spent in Denver and on the go). I suspect it is almost TOM which would explain the sloooowwww down.

Nervous for this Saturday....my skin tight black tank dress is looming and lurking. Ugh. So not happy with this year's choice of costume. Next year, yes....this year no. I will survive next to the 110 lb-ers. I won't look awful. I won't look lumpy (thank you Spanx!).

Have a great IP day! Students beckon.....ohhhh, to be in bed sleeping off this WIND and cold!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 176/156/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeHotMum View Post
Hi everyone,

Hope you have all had a great day. Mine started out pretty rough. My son woke up at 4am and didn't want to go back to sleep. So I have come to the conclusion that lack of sleep = poor choices Althought I did eat off program in the morning, I managed to get back on track for the afternoon and dinner. To me that is a NSV because normally I would have just continued eating junk for the rest of the day but instead I ran 5 miles on the treadmill and watched the Biggest Loser. My motivation is back up!
You are right that lack of sleep = poor choices. I was told that when we are tired our bodies just want a quick 'wake-me-up' which of course equals carbs or sugar. That makes it so hard for us when we are tired. I know that is when I struggle the most. Of course those of us with young kiddies are often feeling that way! :-)

I guess like anything else, being aware of the times/situations that are difficult for us can sometimes make it easier.

Congrats on not letting it ruin your whole day though!!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:47 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Wed. Morning Everyone!!!

Woke up to a cold windy dark day....municipal elections today, so must venture out to vote!!
A good day to have leek soup for lunch and with all the talk of Big Mac in a Bowl sounds good for supper!!!

Have a great IP day everyone!!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:50 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
Had my week 5 WI yesterday - down only 3 lbs (was hoping for 4-5) but also down 5 more inches, and they were mostly from waist and hips!!! So I was VERY happy about that. In total that's 21 lbs and 24 inches in just over 5 weeks. Amazing! Gotta love IP! I have two friends at work who are just about ready to join up.
I have been doing very little exercise - just a little on my Wii a few times a week. My coach thinks if I can get in even a few walks a week it will bump up my weekly losses. That is my goal this week - get out and walk!
Old 10-27-2010, 09:54 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Good morning!

Greeting to all! Today is my WI.....after lunch. I am hopeful, since it has been 2 weeks since my last WI. I'll report in later.

Deb
Closed Thread