3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Mon. 25 Oct. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/215697-ip-daily-chat-mon-25-oct-2010-a.html)

EatAnts 10-25-2010 06:07 AM

IP Daily Chat - Mon. 25 Oct. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!

PS. A word of thanks to I'm Svelting for taking care of the Daily Posts for us for so long. You've made the forum a better place. Thank you!!!

100ButterflyKisses 10-25-2010 07:23 AM

Morning all! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Couple of questions here and one happy moment. Happy moment first... I always lose belts so I have a ton (different sizes)... well, on one of them, it is now too big! I have to cut an extra hole if I want to keep it!!! :)

First question: (saw this on w/e thread but no answer) What are water chestnuts considered for our purposes? Unlimited, occasional, or restricted?

Second question: If I missed a packet last night how badly does that affect someone? I always read its the same as cheating... (bummed because packed all my food and was prepared all football day, but stayed longer than expected and forgot to eat a bar when I got home)

and a side note.... yesterday was NOT a good day to be a broncos fan!!!

JudoGirl 10-25-2010 07:25 AM

week 2

I weigh in on Wed mornings...this is going to be my second weigh in...
the first week i lost 10 lbs...so we shall see...
I found the Walden Farms dressings and the Honey Mustard is really good...
today I am going to work on getting some really good stretching in...:dancer:

Medicmom734 10-25-2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses (Post 3536932)

First question: (saw this on w/e thread but no answer) What are water chestnuts considered for our purposes? Unlimited, occasional, or restricted?

I am pretty sure they are on the unlimited list. I answered your weekend thread, but it wasn't until late last night! (Gotta love night shift)

Well, I saw 169.3 on my scale yesterday, the first time I have seen 160's in a year! YAY!

I had the Salt and Vinegar chips last night. Took them to work as a snack. Yup, one word. YUCK! :p I am gonna see if I can trade the other 2 packs in. I couldn't even eat the package, and ended up eating a handful of soy nuts in replacement. I hate to throw the bag out, but highly doubt that I will eat them. My coach uses them crunched up in her burgers instead of crumbs, I might use them for cooking.

Oh, my stats from my new scale.....

Body Fat - 55 LBS (that's more fat than my 4 year old weighs)
Body Fat - 33% (when my X went to depot, his body fat was only 6% :O)
Body Water - 48 LBS (thought it would be 80, considering how much I pee)
Bone Mass - 6.5% (apparently within normal range, good thing coming from a family hx of Osteoporosis)
BMI - 29.08 (much lower than I expected it to be)

(I love this new scale)
I am on days off for 4! :carrot: Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday! :hug:

sassykimann 10-25-2010 08:35 AM

Good morning all!

I am having my first WI after being off IP for about 45 days and my scale is showing a 12 pound loss so Im excited to see what their scale says.

Medic mom..I love the salt and vinegar chips though I must say the bbq ones are wayyyy better. I use a handful in my salads to give them some flavour since I dont use dressings.

Have a great day everyone

JonathanandZeus 10-25-2010 08:37 AM

Another start to another week ... time is just flying by!

Does anyone have any good home-made salad dressing recipes?

I have tried almost all of the WF ones, but just can't stomach them.

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L

JonathanandZeus 10-25-2010 08:39 AM

Awesome job Sassy!

I have not tried the S&V chips, but I do love the BBQ ones, but try to stay away from them as they are restricted. Never thought of throwing them into salads --- great idea!

Keep up the good work!

rubyh 10-25-2010 08:40 AM

First weigh in today. Can't wait to see what the scale says!

Medicmom734 10-25-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus (Post 3537024)

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L

I use this one quite a bit, but its better with some spinach

2 TBS Oilve Oil
2 TBS Apple Cidar Vinegar
1 packet of splenda
2 TSP Minced Garlic

I often X4 this recipe and keep it in a little bottle. This amount should do one or a little more salads.

NOTE - Kraft Italian FAT FREE dressing is 0 Fat 1 CARB and 1 Sugar (just for those days when all the others seem blah. I know its out of protocol, but it takes less than a half a TBS to add some nice zest to a salad.

100ButterflyKisses 10-25-2010 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3537011)
I am pretty sure they are on the unlimited list. I answered your weekend thread, but it wasn't until late last night! (Gotta love night shift)

Thank you! Thought I read all the posts but must have read them too quickly :o
Sorry about that, glad you didn't mind answering twice!

mompattie 10-25-2010 09:15 AM

Good morning Fellow Gorgeous IPers!!!

Its a cool and rainy day here in Saskatchewan! I'm onto my 12th day of IP and I'm awake this morning with a TON of energy!! I love IP so far, no hunger, no cravings, and lots of energy!

DH and I took the kidlets to the City yesterday for a day of shopping and fun - stopped at McDon. for lunch - I had my chocolate RTD shake and a side salad (took off the cheese and carrots), with my WF dressing! I packed along some cucumber slices as well. I was dreading going in there, as I thought, "how on earth am I going to resist those fries?" It was so easy!!!! I looked at them, and didn't even want one at all!!! I looked at those fries with NOTHING, NADA, ZIPPO. Awesome feeling!

We made for supper last night a BBQ steak, MODIFIED cesar salad that my DH and I split (4 TBSP EVOO, dry mustard, garlic, worchestershire, lemon juice, wee bit of anchovy paste), and grilled asparagus! It was devine, and I didn't even feel like I was on a "diet".

Hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed day!

SJackson 10-25-2010 09:18 AM

Salad Dressing

Quote:

Thanks!
L

I like to make mine using:

Light Olive oil
White vinegar
Soy Sauce
Stevia
Crushed chili (McCormick)
Garlic power and/or crushed fresh garlic

I don't measure it, because I have a small Tupperware container and I just put a little of this and a little of that until I like the taste. I like the taste a little more on the vinegar side.

Coastalcrafter 10-25-2010 09:39 AM

Good morning All!!

Eats Ants- I love the little story you shared! Thanks!!

I'm Svelting- Thanks for the welcome back and the rest of you too who thought of me... and thanks for the articles on Chol levels- so helpful...

I WILL have to read past posts but not today-

Oh I have missed this 'support group"...

A coworker lost almost 40 lbs ( her goal) on IP, it took her a year, she looks great! She has a few pounds left to go..(She introduced me to it..)

I'll check in tommorrow...
angel blessings!!

kaarin 10-25-2010 09:42 AM

Happy Monday morning everybody!

EatAnts - thanks again for taking on the daily thread opening/closing etc. This forum is so fabulous, but we all have lives outside of 3FatChicks, so having one more thing to do in your day isn't always easy. We all appreciate it!!!

My favourite dressing is on the recipes thread (from soon2be I think) and it's easy.

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dijon mustard
splenda and sea salt to taste

I like this one because I'm not a vinegar fan.

I get to wear some new, smaller sized clothes to work today - that's always fun. It seems more people notice the weight loss when you wear something new.
My Wii Fit is saying I'm 209 this morning. I'm shooting for 208 at my WI tomorrow so we will see. Onederland here I come! Haven't been there for almost 15 years!
Have a great week everyone! :D

melaniestf 10-25-2010 09:51 AM

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

This weekend I hit the 30 lbs weight loss mark and I should be overjoyed....but I'm not. I am more that half way to my goal and should make my goal by Christmas which is exacly what I wanted....So, I don't undersand why I'm not jumping for joy. I feel like the 17 lbs I have left are going to be really hard....maybe I'm just scared of the goal....I've never actually reached a weight loss goal....in all the times I've tried....maybe I'm just second guessing myself....maybe I don't believe that I can really do it...

Can you guys PLEASE give me a swift kick in the as*.
Thanks

Journeysend 10-25-2010 09:56 AM

Happy Dance for NSV!!!

Was in the city over the weekend and went shopping!!!

:D:D bought 2 prs slacks ... size 12 and 1 pr. TA DA..size 11!! I was so happy I couldn't stop smiling for hours:):) Then the next day went shopping some more, bought 2 tops Size med and TA DA 1 top size SMALL!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EatAnts 10-25-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaarin (Post 3537139)
EatAnts - thanks again for taking on the daily thread opening/closing etc. This forum is so fabulous, but we all have lives outside of 3FatChicks, so having one more thing to do in your day isn't always easy. We all appreciate it!!!

You're welcome, but don't give me all the credit....there will be a few of us trading off to keep things going smoothly but not putting all the pressure on one person to make sure things are squared away each day.

Marionm 10-25-2010 10:00 AM

I am going to be driving (12 hours) to Colorado on the 5th, staying with friends a day and then, another 3.5 hours south to my parents for a night and then another 4 hours south to Albuquerque where I will be at the hospital with my dad while he has knee replacement surgery. We are anticipating that he will be there about 5-6 days before we can head back to their home and my aunt will come in as the relief caregiver and I should be able to head home.

It seems pretty straight forward, but when my dad had hip replacement surgery he was supposed to be in the hospital a week and ended up being there 6 weeks due to complications from the anesthesia. My mom isn't going to the hospital because she had pneumonia and has been on oxygen ever since and can't seem to get off and therefore can't stay 4 hours from home with the oxygen, so I'm leaving my 17 year old and 13 year old at home to take care of her.

Anyway, my point in this is that I know this has to possibility to be a rather difficult and stressful trip and I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible to stay on plan. (Did I mention I have two new classes that begin on the 1st?) I figure I can probably get simple meats and veggies at the hospital or live on cucumbers but has anyone used any kind of turkey jerky or turkey sausage or anything like that for their meats? I don't want it to be a regular thing, but I'd like to have something on hand that I can just grab if stuff gets too crazy. I'm not a big fish fan, so eating 7oz of tuna just doesn't seem really likely without a whole bunch of mayonnaise and crackers! ;) I will have a cooler there though.

Thoughts and tips are most appreciated!

Pinky 10-25-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
L

I still use the oil and vinegar as my base, but add different ingredients to it to change things up. The Club House seasonings Parmesan and Herbs or just plain yellow mustard make for great tasting additions to the oil & vinegar dressing.

Traveling Stitcher 10-25-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marionm (Post 3537183)
I am going to be driving (12 hours) to Colorado on the 5th, staying with friends a day and then, another 3.5 hours south to my parents for a night and then another 4 hours south to Albuquerque where I will be at the hospital with my dad while he has knee replacement surgery. We are anticipating that he will be there about 5-6 days before we can head back to their home and my aunt will come in as the relief caregiver and I should be able to head home.

It seems pretty straight forward, but when my dad had hip replacement surgery he was supposed to be in the hospital a week and ended up being there 6 weeks due to complications from the anesthesia. My mom isn't going to the hospital because she had pneumonia and has been on oxygen ever since and can't seem to get off and therefore can't stay 4 hours from home with the oxygen, so I'm leaving my 17 year old and 13 year old at home to take care of her.

Anyway, my point in this is that I know this has to possibility to be a rather difficult and stressful trip and I'm trying to be prepared as much as possible to stay on plan. (Did I mention I have two new classes that begin on the 1st?) I figure I can probably get simple meats and veggies at the hospital or live on cucumbers but has anyone used any kind of turkey jerky or turkey sausage or anything like that for their meats? I don't want it to be a regular thing, but I'd like to have something on hand that I can just grab if stuff gets too crazy. I'm not a big fish fan, so eating 7oz of tuna just doesn't seem really likely without a whole bunch of mayonnaise and crackers! ;) I will have a cooler there though.

Thoughts and tips are most appreciated!

Good morning! It is wonderful that you are taking a cooler. It gives many more possibilities:
* You can buy in many groceries pre-cooked/grilled chicken or beef strips to put on salads;
* You could consider pre-roasting some chicken, turkey, or other meat at home, weighing out portions, and freezing to take with you;
* Hard-boiled eggs can do in a pinch;
* Of course, taking packets, bars, RTDs--and take more with you than you think you need! (the voice of experience) :dizzy:
* Many hospitals and groceries have great salad bars;
* Cucumbers are a great back-up plan!
* WF packets of salad dressing;
* My experience in Arizona is that it is a very DRY, arid environment. Plus there may be altitude differences from where you are. Water will be extremely important.

Hoping and praying all goes well!:hug:

Debbie

Journeysend 10-25-2010 11:01 AM

Raspberry Vinegarette Dressing

Quote:

Thanks!
L

I LOVE this dressing, you can adjust the ingredients to your own specific taste!!

3 tsp. of the WF Raspberry Fruit Spread
2 tsp of Olive oil (I use the light one)
1 tsp of vinegar

I have an electric hand blender,

Blend the fruit spread just to break it up a litte
Add the oil and vinegar and blend.
It will turn a pinkish colour

This is enough for one salad, I usually make up enough for 4 or 5 salads at a time and put it in a jar. Just let sit on counter.
This is very YUMMY!!

Medicmom734 10-25-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melaniestf (Post 3537163)
WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME???

This weekend I hit the 30 lbs weight loss mark and I should be overjoyed....but I'm not. I am more that half way to my goal and should make my goal by Christmas which is exacly what I wanted....So, I don't undersand why I'm not jumping for joy. I feel like the 17 lbs I have left are going to be really hard....maybe I'm just scared of the goal....I've never actually reached a weight loss goal....in all the times I've tried....maybe I'm just second guessing myself....maybe I don't believe that I can really do it...

Can you guys PLEASE give me a swift kick in the as*.
Thanks

***KICK***

I see my goal as being so far away, and feel like I am not getting where I want to be, I share this kick with you! ;-)
You are doing AWESOME! Keep it up!

shrinkingsusie 10-25-2010 11:12 AM

WI today -7.2 since last Monday... That's the 6.3 that I gained in the previous two weeks plus .9! I'll gladly take it! So glad I'm back on track and back on my way to a skinnier me!!

ladyvrod 10-25-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Thanks!
L

I use a little sesame oil (great flavor) and tamari sauce. (like soy sauce less carbs) it has a different flavor to beat the boredom.

paygirl 10-25-2010 12:13 PM

Hi Everyone,
I haven't posted in about a week or so, so I am getting back on track.
Nice to read everyone's posts.

Marionm 10-25-2010 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher (Post 3537281)
Good morning! It is wonderful that you are taking a cooler. It gives many more possibilities:
* You can buy in many groceries pre-cooked/grilled chicken or beef strips to put on salads;
* You could consider pre-roasting some chicken, turkey, or other meat at home, weighing out portions, and freezing to take with you;
* Hard-boiled eggs can do in a pinch;
* Of course, taking packets, bars, RTDs--and take more with you than you think you need! (the voice of experience) :dizzy:
* Many hospitals and groceries have great salad bars;
* Cucumbers are a great back-up plan!
* WF packets of salad dressing;
* My experience in Arizona is that it is a very DRY, arid environment. Plus there may be altitude differences from where you are. Water will be extremely important.

Hoping and praying all goes well!:hug:

Debbie

Good ideas Debbie!

I have never even tried the RTD's because I'm just not a shake person and I couldn't see spending the extra money for something I figured there was a good chance I wouldn't like. I do pretty well with the blue/pom, lemonade and orange drink and they mix up pretty easy. I have plenty of bars and I ordered some of the Pure Protein gelatin to take as well because it stays set easier than the IP gelatin.

We used to live in Denver, so I'm kind of used to the altitude changes. Mom and Dad's home is at 6200ft and I think Albuquerque,NM is lower than that, but not a lot. That's why I've allowed an extra day on the way in before I'm become a caregiver. Though I do have to laugh because the girls and I are going dancing at 9 PM the night we are driving in--which means after a 12 hour drive and it being 10 PM our time! I like to pretend I'm a teenager sometimes!

carlasherea 10-25-2010 12:46 PM

Soooo.....starting Phase 1 again is BRUTAL!!! I haven't been able to stick with the protocol this time. I've been doing more of Phase 2 with a few cheats here and there. My mom is the reason I started Phase 1 to give her some support in her first few weeks. She did AMAZING her first week. She is following the plan to a "T" and it paid off. She lost 9.2 lbs her first week and is absolutely glowing!!!!

I'm a very proud daughter! I'm going to change my profile picture to one of me and mom so you can put a face with who I am talking about!

JollyCrewzer 10-25-2010 12:47 PM

ShrinkingSusie and Mrs. Diettrich I was also told that Aspartame was OK to use. The Nurse Practitioner at the doctor's office even wrote on the sheet that Stevia, Splenda and Nutrasweet were allowed. Just no Sweet 'n Low (saccharin). After reading everyone's comments about not being allowed to have aspartame, about 2 weeks ago, I quit drinking my flavored sparkling water and quit chewing sugar-free gum with aspartame . It did not make a difference in my weight loss at all.

KrystinOnAMission I started having the bars at about week 4, then decided to quit them to see if my weight loss increased any. The week I was off the bars, I lost 2 pounds and the week I went back on the bars I lost 2.5 pounds. So, I believe my coach now when she says they won't slow me down. But, everyone is different so it is worth a try!

Sometimes, I think that no matter what you do to try to speed up your weight loss, you are still going to lose at the rate that your body is comfortable losing at. I've increased my water from 68 ounces to 120 ounces, quit using aspartame products, quit all restricted veggies and products, worked out and not worked out - no difference. I am still losing 1 - 2.5 pounds a week.

I also need one of those swift KICKS that Melaniestf asked for! I'm right there with you. I have 17 pounds to go until phase 2. I should be thrilled about the 28 I lost but instead I keep thinking about how slow this is going and how long it will take to lose the rest!

I think we all just need to focus on the positive and think about how much healthier we are and concentrate on following the program one day at a time - we will get there!

Since I don't see any scale victories this week, I'm excited about my NSV. My college age DD recently lost weight and went from a Junior's 13 down to a 7. She just gave me all of her Junior 13's and 11's. I can actually wear some of them and I can zip up and fasten ALL of them! Wooohoooo, I never thought I would be comfortable in Junior sizes again!

lilblackdress 10-25-2010 01:02 PM

WI today and down 4lbs! I didn't do anything different than I do any other week but I am ecstatic. The only thing that could have been better would have been down one more pound to 'officially' have lost 50lbs. NSV yesterday, went through the old chest and am now wearing my old 14 Levi's comfortably (the kind that have no stretch or give!). Woohoo!

rubyh 10-25-2010 01:16 PM

First weigh in today - 3 lbs 8 inches. If I can keep steady - I'll be a happy camper!

cmsgrrl 10-25-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SallyM (Post 3536578)
I like to add fresh veges to the omelette packet and the soups. What I don't add in to recipes, I add to the salads. Sometimes I cook a vege to eat as a side to my fresh fish or meat. I measure my cup or whatever I want to eat and then I save the rest of the cooked veges for my salad the next day. I have so many choices of veges for the omelette, soups or salads, that I find myself adding a great variety to them. Veges can also be added into lettuce wraps with ground turkey or on top of lean beef in a lettuce wrap. The more you try the more you will learn what you like and how you like them cooked and combined. With a variety you won't get bored easily. I also like to munch on pickles (no sugar variety - I like Claussen Brand) or celery or cukes as between meal snacks. You can count them as your two cups too.

Thank you for you answer to my veggie question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3536668)
hi,
I just had to post my new discovery: roasted celery root (celeriac). Peel (need a knife, not a peeler) and cut into 1 inch cubes. Toss in EVOO and roast, after done, add big chunky sea salt. Nummy!

I put them at 350 for about 30 minutes, I think it would be better to do about 20 and then may 2-3 under the broiler so they brown up. I cannot tell you how good these are: they have the faint sweet taste of a potato and then the salty (and crunchy if you buy some chunky salt). AMAZING and its an unrestricted veggie! I may never eat another potato as long as I live! (and from an Irish girl, that's saying something!)

I am going to have to try this recipe out this week! Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3536712)
Thanks! Interesting.

cmsgrrl: There is an entire thread on traveling while on IP, you should check it out. I've done lots of road trips, here's what I do:

*Get a smallish cooler, and then think about all the food you'd normally eat that day and just pack it up. On a normal day where I'll be gone alld ay, I'll pack 4 cups of veggies, two salads, eggs, (or other source of protein), chicken, etc. I add water bottles, RTD shakes, ice, and put it in the back of the car.
*I make sure to leave nothing to chance -- you MAY find food you can eat, you may not, which is why you just need to make sure your food needs are met, even if you don't.
*I've often packed a separate thing with my shaker, packets etc, but sometimes not.
Whatever you'd normally eat, add an extra protein shake. It may come in handy if something happens and you come home later than expected. (Learned that one the hard way).

Good luck, and have fun!

I will pack all of the food I would normally eat in a day the night before - just so I won't be late! All very good tips - thank you.

livelaughlove1981 10-25-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
L

I just had this on the weekend

olive oil
mccormicks greek spices
sea salt

I just made enough for one salad but I tell ya it was delicious!! play around with some spices, mccormicks has a lot of mixed spices and they are all 0-0-0!!! May try the tex mex as a dressing too! :love:

Mfun 10-25-2010 01:39 PM

Happy Monday everyone! Glad to see that we all seem to be pretty upbeat today! I am having a very productive day so far ... love the energy boost IP seems to have given me.

So my WI on Saturday was 179.6, so down another 2 pounds. Given that I had a couple of planned cheats last week (anniversary dinner/wine and cheese victory celebration at work), I am happy with that.

Here is a dressing we have been making that I think is delicious, not only on salad, but drizzled on tuna (or any fish), or chicken:

2 TBS Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
1 tsp spicy mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 TBS rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste.

You can play around with the vinegar to get the right flavor for you. It's awesome!

I hope everyone has a great week! We are leaving for Wisconsin Dells on Thursday, so I know this weekend will have a couple of planned cheats, but I am still optimistic that I can stay on plan for the most part.

Michelle :D

candace5 10-25-2010 01:44 PM

Good afternoon all!

I have been lurking thru out the weekend.. just didn't have a chance to post!

Melanie-- kick kick! you are so close! Keep going!!

Coastal-- so glad you are back with us!

Motherduck -- haven't heard from you in awhile?

Im Svelting -- I think you are now trying your new plan! Best of luck and keep us posted!

To everyone else! Great job sticking with this new life -- IP!

NSV for me: I have lost 41 pounds.. and was given the opportunity to have a vodka and water and TURNED IT DOWN! It wasn't that hard actually, as I feel so healthy, I just don't want to let myself down!

I have a question tho.. I just got a treadmill.. would 30 mins a day take me out of ketosis? I haven't done ANY exercise yet.. but feel like I need to start toning up a little (a lot really!!)... just wondering...

Take care my friends! So glad you are all here with me! :hug:

Oh and I am 1 freaking pound from ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!

makeitmatter 10-25-2010 01:49 PM

I'm curious about the Wii Fitness boards. Are they worth it? What exercise routines do you do with them? And how different is it from simply using an exercise fitness DVD? Basically, are they worth the money if you actually use it for something other than weighing yourself? Hmmmm, does the Wii only take your weight, or does it do all of the fancy BMI, fat, muscle, water, bone calculations also?

Thanks in advance!

MarionM - you could also bring along canned chicken and WJ sauces for flavor/dipping (just remember to bring along a can opener).

Congratulations to everyone on the smaller size clothing NSV's! Isn't it great being able to wear smaller clothes (plus, not to mention how much better your body looks in regular sizes).

And to those needing a good kick in the BUTT: Don't loose track of what you're doing and why you're doing it. Yes, the exciting and all new "honeymoon" phase is beginning to draw to an end. Seeing how quickly you lost in the beginning has lost some of what makes the protocol so simple to follow, has also begun to wear off. Now the real, long term commitment begins. You start focusing upon how the changes you're making are going to affect/impact you for the rest of your life. Rocky Monarch has contributed quite a few excellent posts about how this isn't a diet, but instead a complete change in how we'll be eating and handling temptations, for many of us, the rest of our lives. Now that you're well into phase 1, don't get complacent or lazy. It's important to still follow the protocol - as closely as possible. If you don't, you jeopardize slowing down you're weight loss, thus prolonging your time spent on phase 1. Psychologically you know you're getting closer to your goal. Stay motivated! If you need to shake up your attitude, do it. Just remember, you're worth the time and effort (and $$$). (end of kick in the butt)

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start!

Mamadancer 10-25-2010 02:24 PM

Happy Monday all! Another week begins on this journey of ours! WI this morning - another 3lbs and 4" forever gone! :dance: I also bought a new pair of pants this weekend-size 12! (My teenage daughters told me my droopy butt was getting embarrassing)

Candace5-my coach told me to not excercise for the first 2 weeks but after that excercise is encouraged.

makeitmatter-I love my wii fit! It shows weight, BMI and wii fit age. You can set short-term weight loss goals and it talks to you. There is a variety of excercises-aerobic, strength, yoga and balance. It also keeps track of how long you work out for at each time. I like it better than using a dvd because I can vary the excercises I choose to do and I love the feedback it gives me.

Question-I'm doing great on weight-loss but seem to be really slow on inches. Is this due to not enough excercise?

AyeQueLoca 10-25-2010 02:40 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.

Trying in Iowa 10-25-2010 02:44 PM

Hope everyone is having a good Monday! I really feel this website is great for keeping us all accountable. I am so glad that I got signed up. Well lets all have a great week and get the pounds off. We will then feel great.

Mamadancer 10-25-2010 02:53 PM

Hi Krystal, welcome to IP! I'm the only one in my house on the diet. My husband is very supportive and he does all the cooking for himself and our 3 kids. I won't say that it isn't hard at times (especially when he is making perogies or pizza!) but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I plan meals that I will look forward to (like the IP version of the Big Mac) then I usually cook my meal while they are eating. This let's us take turns in the kitchen and I don't have to watch them eat.
Your husband can share your complete meal.(the one without a protien pack) You will figure out what works for you. Just remember why you decided to do this.

Good luck!

livelaughlove1981 10-25-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca (Post 3537671)
Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.

My husband was the same way and then he saw how healthy I was getting and how much happier I was, so now he is eating pretty much the same way with a few variations that he makes himself! the first 3 days are really the hardest after that you really dont get those cravings anymore! I just cleaned out my cupboards of all of the pastas and what not and I didnt feel bad (taking most of it to the shelter :) ) For pasta you could try the miracle noodles i just ordered them so I will let you know what they are like, as for sugar you can have stevia or splenda so that helps there and the bread meh you wont miss it! lol good luck and hope to hear your progress!!