Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
I like to add fresh veges to the omelette packet and the soups. What I don't add in to recipes, I add to the salads. Sometimes I cook a vege to eat as a side to my fresh fish or meat. I measure my cup or whatever I want to eat and then I save the rest of the cooked veges for my salad the next day. I have so many choices of veges for the omelette, soups or salads, that I find myself adding a great variety to them. Veges can also be added into lettuce wraps with ground turkey or on top of lean beef in a lettuce wrap. The more you try the more you will learn what you like and how you like them cooked and combined. With a variety you won't get bored easily. I also like to munch on pickles (no sugar variety - I like Claussen Brand) or celery or cukes as between meal snacks. You can count them as your two cups too.
Thank you for you answer to my veggie question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
hi,
I just had to post my new discovery: roasted celery root (celeriac). Peel (need a knife, not a peeler) and cut into 1 inch cubes. Toss in EVOO and roast, after done, add big chunky sea salt. Nummy!

I put them at 350 for about 30 minutes, I think it would be better to do about 20 and then may 2-3 under the broiler so they brown up. I cannot tell you how good these are: they have the faint sweet taste of a potato and then the salty (and crunchy if you buy some chunky salt). AMAZING and its an unrestricted veggie! I may never eat another potato as long as I live! (and from an Irish girl, that's saying something!)
I am going to have to try this recipe out this week! Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Thanks! Interesting.

cmsgrrl: There is an entire thread on traveling while on IP, you should check it out. I've done lots of road trips, here's what I do:

*Get a smallish cooler, and then think about all the food you'd normally eat that day and just pack it up. On a normal day where I'll be gone alld ay, I'll pack 4 cups of veggies, two salads, eggs, (or other source of protein), chicken, etc. I add water bottles, RTD shakes, ice, and put it in the back of the car.
*I make sure to leave nothing to chance -- you MAY find food you can eat, you may not, which is why you just need to make sure your food needs are met, even if you don't.
*I've often packed a separate thing with my shaker, packets etc, but sometimes not.
Whatever you'd normally eat, add an extra protein shake. It may come in handy if something happens and you come home later than expected. (Learned that one the hard way).

Good luck, and have fun!
I will pack all of the food I would normally eat in a day the night before - just so I won't be late! All very good tips - thank you.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:31 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Another start to another week ... time is just flying by!

Does anyone have any good home-made salad dressing recipes?

I have tried almost all of the WF ones, but just can't stomach them.

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L
I just had this on the weekend

olive oil
mccormicks greek spices
sea salt

I just made enough for one salad but I tell ya it was delicious!! play around with some spices, mccormicks has a lot of mixed spices and they are all 0-0-0!!! May try the tex mex as a dressing too!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Happy Monday everyone! Glad to see that we all seem to be pretty upbeat today! I am having a very productive day so far ... love the energy boost IP seems to have given me.

So my WI on Saturday was 179.6, so down another 2 pounds. Given that I had a couple of planned cheats last week (anniversary dinner/wine and cheese victory celebration at work), I am happy with that.

Here is a dressing we have been making that I think is delicious, not only on salad, but drizzled on tuna (or any fish), or chicken:

2 TBS Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb
1 tsp spicy mustard
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup water
2 TBS rice vinegar
salt and pepper to taste.

You can play around with the vinegar to get the right flavor for you. It's awesome!

I hope everyone has a great week! We are leaving for Wisconsin Dells on Thursday, so I know this weekend will have a couple of planned cheats, but I am still optimistic that I can stay on plan for the most part.

Michelle
Old 10-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good afternoon all!

I have been lurking thru out the weekend.. just didn't have a chance to post!

Melanie-- kick kick! you are so close! Keep going!!

Coastal-- so glad you are back with us!

Motherduck -- haven't heard from you in awhile?

Im Svelting -- I think you are now trying your new plan! Best of luck and keep us posted!

To everyone else! Great job sticking with this new life -- IP!

NSV for me: I have lost 41 pounds.. and was given the opportunity to have a vodka and water and TURNED IT DOWN! It wasn't that hard actually, as I feel so healthy, I just don't want to let myself down!

I have a question tho.. I just got a treadmill.. would 30 mins a day take me out of ketosis? I haven't done ANY exercise yet.. but feel like I need to start toning up a little (a lot really!!)... just wondering...

Take care my friends! So glad you are all here with me!

Oh and I am 1 freaking pound from ONEderland!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by candace5; 10-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:49 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

I'm curious about the Wii Fitness boards. Are they worth it? What exercise routines do you do with them? And how different is it from simply using an exercise fitness DVD? Basically, are they worth the money if you actually use it for something other than weighing yourself? Hmmmm, does the Wii only take your weight, or does it do all of the fancy BMI, fat, muscle, water, bone calculations also?

Thanks in advance!

MarionM - you could also bring along canned chicken and WJ sauces for flavor/dipping (just remember to bring along a can opener).

Congratulations to everyone on the smaller size clothing NSV's! Isn't it great being able to wear smaller clothes (plus, not to mention how much better your body looks in regular sizes).

And to those needing a good kick in the BUTT: Don't loose track of what you're doing and why you're doing it. Yes, the exciting and all new "honeymoon" phase is beginning to draw to an end. Seeing how quickly you lost in the beginning has lost some of what makes the protocol so simple to follow, has also begun to wear off. Now the real, long term commitment begins. You start focusing upon how the changes you're making are going to affect/impact you for the rest of your life. Rocky Monarch has contributed quite a few excellent posts about how this isn't a diet, but instead a complete change in how we'll be eating and handling temptations, for many of us, the rest of our lives. Now that you're well into phase 1, don't get complacent or lazy. It's important to still follow the protocol - as closely as possible. If you don't, you jeopardize slowing down you're weight loss, thus prolonging your time spent on phase 1. Psychologically you know you're getting closer to your goal. Stay motivated! If you need to shake up your attitude, do it. Just remember, you're worth the time and effort (and $$$). (end of kick in the butt)

Hope everyone's Monday is off to a great start!

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-25-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:24 PM   #36  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Happy Monday all! Another week begins on this journey of ours! WI this morning - another 3lbs and 4" forever gone! I also bought a new pair of pants this weekend-size 12! (My teenage daughters told me my droopy butt was getting embarrassing)

Candace5-my coach told me to not excercise for the first 2 weeks but after that excercise is encouraged.

makeitmatter-I love my wii fit! It shows weight, BMI and wii fit age. You can set short-term weight loss goals and it talks to you. There is a variety of excercises-aerobic, strength, yoga and balance. It also keeps track of how long you work out for at each time. I like it better than using a dvd because I can vary the excercises I choose to do and I love the feedback it gives me.

Question-I'm doing great on weight-loss but seem to be really slow on inches. Is this due to not enough excercise?
Old 10-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #37  
THE ONE AND ONLY!

S/C/G: 203/203/140

Height: 5'8

Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 250/227/180

Height: 64 ins

Hope everyone is having a good Monday! I really feel this website is great for keeping us all accountable. I am so glad that I got signed up. Well lets all have a great week and get the pounds off. We will then feel great.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #39  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Krystal, welcome to IP! I'm the only one in my house on the diet. My husband is very supportive and he does all the cooking for himself and our 3 kids. I won't say that it isn't hard at times (especially when he is making perogies or pizza!) but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I plan meals that I will look forward to (like the IP version of the Big Mac) then I usually cook my meal while they are eating. This let's us take turns in the kitchen and I don't have to watch them eat.
Your husband can share your complete meal.(the one without a protien pack) You will figure out what works for you. Just remember why you decided to do this.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
Hi everyone, my name is Krystal and I will be starting the IP program next week. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on how to handle being the only one in the house on the diet. My husband has been very supportive with the idea of doing the program and has said that he will make his own meals so it won't be so hard for me, but I'm still really worried! I know that I am strong but I think possibly 4-5 months of no sugar, bread, or pasta may just kill me.
My husband was the same way and then he saw how healthy I was getting and how much happier I was, so now he is eating pretty much the same way with a few variations that he makes himself! the first 3 days are really the hardest after that you really dont get those cravings anymore! I just cleaned out my cupboards of all of the pastas and what not and I didnt feel bad (taking most of it to the shelter ) For pasta you could try the miracle noodles i just ordered them so I will let you know what they are like, as for sugar you can have stevia or splenda so that helps there and the bread meh you wont miss it! lol good luck and hope to hear your progress!!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:05 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Hi Krystal, welcome to IP! I'm the only one in my house on the diet. My husband is very supportive and he does all the cooking for himself and our 3 kids. I won't say that it isn't hard at times (especially when he is making perogies or pizza!) but it isn't as hard as I thought it would be. I plan meals that I will look forward to (like the IP version of the Big Mac) then I usually cook my meal while they are eating. This let's us take turns in the kitchen and I don't have to watch them eat.
Your husband can share your complete meal.(the one without a protien pack) You will figure out what works for you. Just remember why you decided to do this.

Good luck!
I love love love the big mac in a bowl!! one of mine and my hubbies favorite meals!!
Old 10-25-2010, 03:08 PM   #42  

Hello, my name is Sue and this is my first post. I just started the Ideal Protein diet last Wednesday. So far it has gone ok. According to my scales, I have lost 8 pounds. My only problem is that I am already tired of salad. Any suggestions?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #43  

Today marks my 2nd week on IP and I'm down 10 lb. now. At first I was pretty bummed since I read about others having initial drastic drops of 10+ lbs a week, but then I realized that 10 lbs in 2 weeks is fabulous! A friend of mine is ecstatic that she's lost 25 lbs in 6 months with her diet... that's almost half what I lost in 2 weeks! What an awesome program we're on!!!

And MimiSue.... for help with salads, check the recipe section for ideas on how to spice it up. Also, I've seen several posts recently about one that apparently tastes like a big mac! Good luck.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:09 PM   #44  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeQueLoca View Post
Welcome Krystal, you have found the best group of friends ever on this forum. We are all right there with you and know exactly what you are going through. I am also the only one in my house that is doing the program. I have 2 skinny kids at home, one 19 the other 20. When I first started, I would cook my dinner and while I was eating they would either cook theirs or bring home carry out from some place. As time has gone on, they have requested that I cook " one of my meals" for them because it smelled so good. Most nights we now enjoy eating the same things. I can even surprise them sometimes and make them a side of pasta or rice with no temptation to nibble on it at all. After the first couple of days you will find that you don't even miss the sugar, brea, or pasta.
Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 10-25-2010, 04:18 PM   #45  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Another start to another week ... time is just flying by!

Does anyone have any good home-made salad dressing recipes?

I have tried almost all of the WF ones, but just can't stomach them.

I have an oil and vinegar one, but it's getting boring and am looking for some new ones!

Thanks!
L
2 Tbsp Yellow Mustard
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
Fresh ground pepper
Splenda and a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to taste. (I usually use about 1/3 packet of Splenda).
Closed Thread