Old 11-05-2010, 12:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Default have to be pulled back onto the wagon ...

So I have been "off the wagon" so to say for a couple weeks... I haven't gained a pound and still managed to lose an inch or two here and there.... I have ten more pounds to go... I should be really happy to be were I am.... from a size 12 to a size 6. Not everyone can or should be a size 0 right?? Maybe I should just put my arm out and hopefully pull myself back on to a passing wagon and get rid of those last ten pounds....
I don't feel frustrated but don't see myself as a size 6 yet... I have issues.
Maybe need to get serious about phase 1 again and see how it goes... anyone else in this low carb "pickle" of a situation?
If I haven't gained should I leave as is?
sillyputty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 01:56 AM   #2  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I am in the same place as you. I have fallen off the wagon and I'm trying to get back on. I feel like I'm looking okay and getting close to my goal. So what do I do...... sabotage myself.

Maybe we can check in here on this thread daily with what we have done to stick with the program each day. Maybe the accountability will keep us on track.

You are so close to your goal you will make it!

Last edited by Kristin135; 11-05-2010 at 01:57 AM.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I too have "fallen off the wagon" now for about 4-5 weeks. I have been able to stay about the same weight, but am not losing. I am dealing with a lot of personal and family concerns right now and find it hard not to turn to food for comfort. I would like to find it within myself to stay on the plan again. If I can help anyone else, I would love to and I know that I need support right now too. I will check back here later. I hope you all have a great IP day!
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:04 AM   #4  

Awww sillyputty, Kristen and tle sorry to hear that getting back on IP is a struggle.

With the IP Phase 1 program, work on very short time horizons. Can you commit to just one day? When I've been a little sloppy with the protocol, that's what I've done to get back on track -- one meal, not even a day, at a time and journalling it.

You could start a thread with a food journal for a couple of weeks for the accountability. Of course that'll only work if you commit to telling the truth to yourself.

It can take a while to fully adjust to a change in your body size. Do you have the "bandwidth" to work on the mental/emotional side of this?

What are you doing for exercise, if anything? I ask because something like yoga, Pilates, or bodyweight exercises (pushups, squats etc.) require you to be mindful of your body and they can help to bust up your old brain patterns and establish a new set of connections!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-05-2010 at 07:40 PM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #5  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Oh, so glad to hear you all talking... right there with you. I have done the same! I'm maintaining and losing some inches, but hovering in the same 2-3 lb range for the past three weeks. I know I need to do better, but I can't seem to figure out that losing this weight is most important to me! And then we go out of town today for three days for a family wedding, and I cringe thinking about the bad decisions I might make. You're right- Svelting- one small decision at a time helps me. I'm going to commit to one food choice at a time, and I KNOW I can do it.

Still... helps to know there are others who get a little behind! Good luck, all!
OnMyWayForGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 250/224/170

Height: 5'4

I've been having the same issues. Not really off the wagon so to speak, but I find myself adding a little bite of cheese in here or there....it is not anything carby or sugary at all! Mainly it is CHEESE!! I have been thinking alot lately about life after I reach goal....I still have at least 35lbs to go mind you! But I just wonder what will consume my every thought once it is not losing weight!
Getting the weight off/ Dieting seems to have become my life's mission. I have always put things off...just til I lose weight....and know I am closing in on that not being an excuse for me!
I wonder if I will know the person I am at that weight? Im kinda scared...honestly.

And that leaves me to wonder.....am I beginning a sef-sabotage
Stormcrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #7  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

I am going to start an accountability thread. We can post our journals and what we are doing to stay on track each day.

I really think that would tremendously help me to have that type of accountability.
Kristin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:28 PM   #8  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
If I haven't gained should I leave as is?
No. I actually lost 3 lbs at my Monday WI after eating Halloween candy on Sunday. Well, I guess it had not processed yet because now I'm up 3 lbs. again. I think if you want to lose more, you need to Phase I it for a while.

I'm just soooooo happy to see that there are people on 3FC IP Plan who have fallen off the wagon. By reading most of the posts, I was of the opinion that everyone was a perfect angel all the time -- sticking with the protocol through thick & thin. I felt horrible about my cheats until I have found this topic. Thanks.
RhondaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Great idea Kristin135. I would post there too!
Thanks!

Last edited by tle1103; 11-05-2010 at 03:47 PM.
tle1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #10  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I'm just soooooo happy to see that there are people on 3FC IP Plan who have fallen off the wagon. By reading most of the posts, I was of the opinion that everyone was a perfect angel all the time -- sticking with the protocol through thick & thin. I felt horrible about my cheats until I have found this topic. Thanks.
You should read the Oops thread! It'll make you feel better. We're all human. We've all screwed up. :-)
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I am going back to my "one day at a time" plan. I can stay on plan for one day. Then I'll re-do that the next day!
in4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You should read the Oops thread! It'll make you feel better. We're all human. We've all screwed up. :-)
The Oops thread is great if read in a certain frame of mind. For people who are easily swayed by the thoughts of off-program foods, some of the posts will be a little too specific or too graphic about the "oopses." Just a warning -- know thyself. Or maybe it's akin to the tip "never go shopping on an empty stomach." "Don't read the oops thread if you're hungry, dissatisfied. Have your favourite IP packet and veggies, then read the oops thread."
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #13  

Thanks ladies..... I do need to get on track because I don't feel I am exactly where I should be.... I find this weight loss has really messed with my mind and perception. I see other women the exact size as me and I can't get passed the idea that I am that size too. In my mind I don't feel as though I have lost when it is obvious I have...it's hard to wrap my head around this all. I must take it one day at a time. I commend those who have stuck with this for such a long time.... I don't even want to know what I have spent on this diet either... I think I need to stick to the protocol and find alternative products. Very much appreciated ladies... your comments are very comforting.
Any one else struggling with the mental part of losing wieght so quickly and how that has changed your life?
Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #14  
here I am again :(

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5

wow it seems like everytime one gets closer to the final goal, we get too anxious and begin trying things we shouldn't. I am doing something similar, and know that feeling. I feel good with how I look know though I want to fit into a smaller size and reach a healthy BMI. I only ahve 18 lbs to go and sometimes tend to act like I reach my goal already, even though I haven't make terrible mistakes yet. If I cheat I eat almonds, or xtra IP packs, and still lose well, but I know it would be more if I just stick to plan. My advice if you cheat make healthy choices, even though is not worth it because you are right in the corner. just keep going until you reach your final goal, dont give up and be positive, because if you are still undecided about of wether or not you shall stay that way it means you have to finish what you;ve started beat those last 10!!.
biggirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #15  

I agree!