Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 08:26 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wed. 20 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-20-2010, 08:39 AM   #2  

Default Carrying over some messages from yesterday/early this morning

Sorry for the delay in setting up today's thread. I'm feeling sick and slept in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
In my starter pack, I also got a mix match of stuff. I have some of the soy nuts. Now are these somehow specially formulated? Or can I just buy regular old soy nuts at the health food store?
I haven't opened any yet, nor do I have the packaging to see what they are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
I too would love to know. $3.50/lb at my health food store vs $4/pack.
Bulk food soy nuts in the health food/grocery store are the same. People have substituted 1/3 cup soy nuts for a packet. Just get the plain ones, the IP packet nuts have flavors that are consistent with the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Hey everyone... since the new daily thread isn't up yet.. I'm posting here. Also.. oddly enough I'm up at 6:30am.

Ive been super busy lately and haven't really had a chance to come to the forum much, but eh you guys couldn't get rid of me if you tried.

Ive been unsuccessful with losing pounds the last two week. My coach wasn't sure what was up either. We figured its either my body adjusting, the big C and TOM all attacking at once... Well little does she know, how this week is going. Tomorrow as in Thursday, is my 5th weigh in and I gotta say, I'm looking forward to the shocked expression on my coach's face. Hehe.

Ill be lurking here and there, but I hope everyone has a good rest of the week. PS, is it just me or does Halloween candy just look bleh?
Glad you're back for at least a moment and that you're having a good week! Let us know about your WI tomorrow.

Rocky Monarch Thanks for posting that link. It's interesting to see what height/weight combos look like.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-20-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:47 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Sorry for the delay in setting up today's thread. I'm feeling sick and slept in.
Good for you for sleeping in! I hope you feel better quickly!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #4  

Just wanted to say thanks to svelting for answering about the soynuts. I believe the soy nuts the store sells are salted, so yay! an easy way to get some salt.

Also, hope you feel better quickly!!!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Wed Morning to All!!

Had a great day yesterday!! Went to a bigger center with my DSIL (who is also on IP), we took our salads with us and ate them in the car. LOL.

My NSV was I bought 2 new bras.....DOWN from a 38DD, to 36D and Now 34C!!!! I love this!!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-20-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Had a great day yesterday!! Went to a bigger center with my DSIL (who is also on IP), we took our salads with us and ate them in the car. LOL.

My NSV was I bought 2 new bras.....DOWN from a 38DD, to 36D and Now 34C!!!! I love this!!!!

ABSOLUTELY FUN! YAY!
I cannot wait. I bought myself some nice bras from La Senza last spring, which obviously no longer fit. I am anxious for them to fit.
Congrats!

PS...I eat my salad in the vehicle all the time. Not easy, but do-able. My partner laughs at me every time I try and eat something new on the run!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #7  

I'm still in the process of working on finding things for the diet that fit my taste buds. I was told no cheese, but does anyone know if soy cheese counts? That would greatly increase the recipes I can do if we can use it.

And journey... Grats! Hadn't even thought of that as a benefit before coming to this site and looking forward to that myself!
Old 10-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Just checking in. I go for my first appoinment on Monday and will pick up my starter pack then. This week I'm following the suggestion to cut back on my carbs and start getting my kitchen into an IP friendly zone. Hubby and I just got back from a belated honeymoon cruise (we were married in December) so our cabinets are already pretty bare. I'm hoping to stock up on legal veggies this weekend and maybe scope out some WF products. I'm really excited about this plan. It seem like something totally doable.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:42 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Had my WI this morning and I'm down 4.4 pounds during TOM, so I pretty pleased!

I had a really good conversation with my coach and we both felt that it wouldn't be a bad thing for me to have some phase 2 days, particularly during the travel I'm going to be doing and the holidays. I've actually already had a couple, just because of life. Since phase 2 is still a weight loss phase and I'm still in this for quite a while, it gives me some flexibility and cuts the expense a little. I still expect that most of my days will be phase 1, but we'll see.

I really appreciate having a coach that I can talk with and treats me like an adult who is really working to make life changes.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:54 AM   #10  

Quote:
I'm still in the process of working on finding things for the diet that fit my taste buds. I was told no cheese, but does anyone know if soy cheese counts? That would greatly increase the recipes I can do if we can use it.
Sorry to tell you -- cheese and soy cheese are off the program. The Phase 1 guidelines are to only add items that are 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat grams per serving. There is a grocery store parmesan (parmesan-like?) product available in the U.S. I think it's with green on the packaging and it's made by Kraft. Don't take my word for it! I could be wrong -- check the package first!

A little bit of tough love for you: I know you're still early in the adjustment period to the diet but give your best to stick to the program as it's written. Ideal Protein is a lot easier when we stop looking for the "wiggle room." Bottom line: Lay the foundation and then look for the wiggle room. Does that make sense? Once you know how your body responds to the program, you may find that you're perfectly happy with the diet as is and don't need to adjust or modify it. And on the other hand, you may find that you need to make add some things. It'll be hard for you to know if you don't follow the protocol closely for a couple of weeks.

Check out the recipe threads and ideas for modifying your packets to mix things up. Hard as it may be for you to believe, many on IP begin to crave the packages as is, and are reluctant to let go them to move on to Phase 3 and maintenance!

Ok, now back to snoozing for me.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-20-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 324.4/277.6/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Sorry to tell you -- cheese and soy cheese are off the program. The Phase 1 guidelines are to only add items that are 0 calories, 0 carbs, 0 fat grams per serving. There is a grocery store parmesan (parmesan-like?) product available in the U.S. I think it's with green on the packaging and it's made by Kraft. Don't take my word for it! I could be wrong -- check the package first!

A little bit of tough love for you: I know you're still early in the adjustment period to the diet but give your best to stick to the program as it's written. Ideal Protein is a lot easier when we stop looking for the "wiggle room." Bottom line: Lay the foundation and then look for the wiggle room. Does that make sense? Once you know how your body responds to the program, you may find that you're perfectly happy with the diet as is and don't need to adjust or modify it. And on the other hand, you may find that you need to make add some things. It'll be hard for you to know if you don't follow the protocol closely for a couple of weeks.

Check out the recipe threads and ideas for modifying your packets to mix things up. Hard as it may be for you to believe, many on IP begin to crave the packages as is, and are reluctant to let go them to move on to Phase 3 and maintenance!

Ok, now back to snoozing for me.

My sisters coach said we were allowed 1 oz of cheese if we do not have the milk in our coffee, I asked my coach, who asked her mentor and they said that was allowed. I wouldnt do it everyday but I find the light babybel cheese is enough cheese for me and it is less than an ounce too. I sometimes cut it up and throw it into my salad for a different taste and it hasnt hurt my weightloss either.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
I am so sorry you are feeling poorly! Thank you for taking the time to do this when you aren't feeling like yourself. I hope getting the rest you need is all it will take for you to feel better.

Quote:

That's GREAT!!! I am so happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
ABSOLUTELY FUN! YAY!
I cannot wait. I bought myself some nice bras from La Senza last spring, which obviously no longer fit. I am anxious for them to fit.
Congrats!

PS...I eat my salad in the vehicle all the time. Not easy, but do-able. My partner laughs at me every time I try and eat something new on the run!
Like you and Journeysend, I have eaten many salads in the car. I figure if I can buy it at a fast food joint and eat it in the car, I can make it, take it and do the same!

Quote:
As I'm Svelting said, nope. It is not on protocol. NOW, if you read old posts you will find out about people who have used the Kraft grated parmesan successfully and those who used soy cheese or "tofu" based cheese successfully. My coach allowed me to substitute 1 oz of a zero carb low fat cheese for my 1oz of skim milk per day. There are little tweaks you will hear about. They are NOT part of the program. Until you have done as I'm Svelting suggests and followed the program as written it will be hard for you to tell if a tweak you make is harmful or slowing you down.

If you go to www.trantiendiet.com and look at the recipes you will find some ideas that may make food a little more interesting. Remember anything that is not written on the plan sheet should be treated as a luxury and used very sparingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

Just checking in. I go for my first appoinment on Monday and will pick up my starter pack then. This week I'm following the suggestion to cut back on my carbs and start getting my kitchen into an IP friendly zone. Hubby and I just got back from a belated honeymoon cruise (we were married in December) so our cabinets are already pretty bare. I'm hoping to stock up on legal veggies this weekend and maybe scope out some WF products. I'm really excited about this plan. It seem like something totally doable.
Good for you!! I love the new picture too!

I hope you weighed yourself at home before you started cutting out the carbs. If you have great, if not do it today! If you do "pre-work" you will already start reducing the fluids, glucose and, glycogen in your body. It may make things easier but, you will also lose the tracking of how much you have lost and you may not have that really big first week weight loss. Just weigh yourself at home so you have an idea of how much you changed from the "beginning".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Had my WI this morning and I'm down 4.4 pounds during TOM, so I pretty pleased!

I had a really good conversation with my coach and we both felt that it wouldn't be a bad thing for me to have some phase 2 days, particularly during the travel I'm going to be doing and the holidays. I've actually already had a couple, just because of life. Since phase 2 is still a weight loss phase and I'm still in this for quite a while, it gives me some flexibility and cuts the expense a little. I still expect that most of my days will be phase 1, but we'll see.

I really appreciate having a coach that I can talk with and treats me like an adult who is really working to make life changes.
That is FANTASTIC!!! Way to GO!! It sounds like you have a really compassionate coach. That is very helpful as you do this program.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 PM   #13  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:

Oh Journeysend, I am so thrilled for you!!
I come from a family of big busted women and I remember the deep grooves in my mother's shoulders from her huge chest. I've only lost about 10 pounds so far but can see and feel a difference there too. I have two smaller bras that I had at the back of my drawer and they fit. So I have been wearing one while washing the other. Such a good feeling, especially on the back, no? I am so happy for you!!!! You're doing such a wonderful job!!
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Hi Everyone!

Thank you sssooooooooo much Carla, Linden, Cmsgrrl, Rocky Monarch, and Jessica C. for taking the time to respond to my post yesterday. Your words are definitely appreciated and gave me A LOT to think about. I truly love and appreciate the knowledge and advice which is given on this forum!!!

I'm in a rush and don't have time to type out a good reply, but I just wanted everyone to know I appreciate you! Being able to "think out loud" and to work through (and receive) clarity is irreplaceable.

Hopefully, I'll have the proper time later today to address specific points you all brought up.

Tell then, hope everyone is having an "on plan ideal type of day!" Goofy, I know, but you all know what I mean.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Hello everyone,

I've been a little quiet the past few days - super busy at work - but I've been reading all the posts and trying to keep up with everyone.

Welcome to all the newcomers! I am fairly new myself, having stated on October 2, so still learning the ropes.

Carla, I just have to give you a shout out because all of your posts are so insightful and informative, and I learn more from you every day - thank you.

I saw the posts about picky eaters. I am one, too. One way I found to help get my veggies in is to make soups with them. I use fat free broth or stock, fill it up with approved veggies, lots of spices and seasoning, and then let it simmer away for a few hours. Divvy it up into containers (I measure how many cups of veggies I started with to know how many 2-cup veggie portions I have), and I am good to go. However, I am also finding that I am developing a taste for different things that I never thought I would eat, esp. without them drowning in sauce. So hang in there ... try something new every few days ... it really isn't hard to stick to once you get through a week or so.

So speaking for myself, I had a planned cheat day on Sunday when my husband and I went out for our 13th wedding anniversary. Really didn't do too badly except for a couple of restricted veggies, and then I went and had dessert. However, I got back on track the next day and I am optimistic that my next WI on Saturday will still be okay. Aside from that, I have discovered that I am both a boredom eater, and a stress eater. And work is very busy and stressful right now!! I plan to muscle through! I am adapting well as far as sticking to the diet, but right now life is very busy, working lots of extra hours plus a long commute, and three children at home (4 if you count the 43-year old - hee). I am just finding it a little difficult to find the time to organize and plan ahead as much as I want to. But, it will get better.

Well, I just realized I am rambling on, so thank you all for listening to me vent ... I really do cherish this forum and the advice and camaraderie here.

Hope everyone is having a great week!

Michelle
Closed Thread