Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #46  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
The clinic I am working with has had their teenage son use the program. He did it quite successfully.

Without more information I am not sure what else to say. If they just started 4 or 5 days ago, she may still be adjusting or getting into ketosis. Teens eat a lot of carbs so, she may have quite a bit of adjusting to do to get into ketosis. Remember she first has to get rid of all the glucose/glycogen her body has stored from the past higher carb diet.

If you give me some more specific questions I could look into them and see how they dealt with them at my clinic.
That's what I told my co-worker too - being only 2 weeks into this, I'm not exactly the voice of experience, but I thought similar things. The only thing she was referencing in particular was that in the IP brochure, they mention having "alternative plans" for adolescents and diabetics.

I think she's just feeling like she might be needing to eat several times a day - I suggested breaking her veggies up so that she's eating them ever couple hours rather than going for 4 hours between meals. Then again, she could just be taking longer to get into ketosis the way you mentioned.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Does anyone know.......

In my starter pack, I also got a mix match of stuff. I have some of the soy nuts. Now are these somehow specially formulated? Or can I just buy regular old soy nuts at the health food store?
I haven't opened any yet, nor do I have the packaging to see what they are.
I too would love to know. $3.50/lb at my health food store vs $4/pack.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

My 4th WI was this evening. I was hoping for 6 lbs because of last week's lackluster results, but I'll take 4 lbs in a heartbeat!!!
So that makes 18 lbs in a month. It's funny how on any other diet that result would be absolutely amazing, but on IP it's just 'reasonable'.
My coach and I discussed the Christmas season and she's in favour of my transitioning off the plan for the month of December, as long as I still go to see her weekly for WI, to make sure I don't gain. By then I'm hoping to have lost at least another 15 lbs, which would put me halfway to my goal. Then I would jump right on the bandwagon again January 1st.
I know a few of you have brought this up before and wondered what you thought? I'm not planning to make a pig of myself over the holidays, but with all the different parties and functions, it sure would be nice not to have to measure everything and to have the occasional glass of wine.
Your thoughts, as always, are much appreciated.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:56 PM   #49  

Default Tomorrow is Weigh in!

Had a great day on track with IP! Hoping the scale will move favorably for me. My 1st 2 weigh ins were only 3#'s each. Trying to really figure out if I'm in Ketosis. I hear about pee strips to see. Where do you get those? I've been drinking some crystal lite a bit as I was told it would be okay. Now I'm wondering.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #50  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
My 4th WI was this evening. I was hoping for 6 lbs because of last week's lackluster results, but I'll take 4 lbs in a heartbeat!!!
So that makes 18 lbs in a month. It's funny how on any other diet that result would be absolutely amazing, but on IP it's just 'reasonable'.
My coach and I discussed the Christmas season and she's in favour of my transitioning off the plan for the month of December, as long as I still go to see her weekly for WI, to make sure I don't gain. By then I'm hoping to have lost at least another 15 lbs, which would put me halfway to my goal. Then I would jump right on the bandwagon again January 1st.
I know a few of you have brought this up before and wondered what you thought? I'm not planning to make a pig of myself over the holidays, but with all the different parties and functions, it sure would be nice not to have to measure everything and to have the occasional glass of wine.
I wouldn't. Why not give yourself the best every Christmas gift by getting healthier and leaner?

Considering the number of people who agonize about picking up and starting over, for whatever reason, and the number I can't seem to remember who say how easy it is to start over and stay started. . . . Well, just saying.
Old 10-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #51  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
.....I'm still alive. Just a little off the bandwagon. My wedding cake tastings were a huge mistake. I'm miserable and want to be back in ketosis again REALLLY bad.

Some extra will power would be great right about now....

wanted to send you some, friend! We are glad to hear you are alive! Stay strong until you are feeling you are back in ketosis. You've come a long way.

I had a great day with my meetings / meals and managed quite well. The main protein of the day at lunch was a fish (which, sadly, I don't like), so instead, I made a big romaine and veggie salad and had some turkey and ham deli slices, so a sort-of chef's salad. It was fine! There was a lot I couldn't eat, but there was enough of what I could, so I am good.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post

I'm still in Phase 1. I keep going back and forth as to whether or not to start Phase 2 next week. I don't want my decision based upon the upcoming holidays, but after how much my weight loss has slowed down the past few weeks, I think my body is ready for a change.

Grrrrr..... How do you know when you're "there"? Is there a "there"?

So.... I'm going to stick to phase 1 for the rest of this week and then decide next week about moving to phase 2 (but to be honest, I think my mind is 97% made up to move up/over in phases).

I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions - maybe someone's post can be the "lightbulb, aha" moment I need.
[/FONT]
Carla and Linden have already commented here, so this may be a little redundant, however, I'm going to jump on the 'move through the phases bandwagon.' First, I continued to lose pretty well on phase 2. Second, I'm not all the way through phase 3, but I'm not gaining and things continue to change and shape up a little on me. Honest. It's not as scary as it sounds. AND, I have the same thigh/body issue, and I just keep losing off my arms...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
.....I'm still alive. Just a little off the bandwagon. My wedding cake tastings were a huge mistake. I'm miserable and want to be back in ketosis again REALLLY bad.

Some extra will power would be great right about now....
Doll...some advice...(not that you asked) but having lived through a wedding (mine) or two (friends) ... cake, food, booze, etc., will all be there when you're done with IP. Even if you don't eat them during YOUR wedding, they will still be there for the next. Easier said than done, I know, but try to disassociate the food with the events of your wedding. Maybe that will help. Then, remember how you feel right now. That should really help!

Ok, I had an NSV of sorts tonight...you know how skinny people have underarms that go IN instead of being flat or going out. Well...I now have those underarms...I raised my arms to the side, and um, wow. Then I realized its a good thing I moved to phase 3, my arms would really just keep getting smaller! (my thighs...well, they're better...but not as skinny as my arms.)
Old 10-20-2010, 02:31 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Ok, I had an NSV of sorts tonight...you know how skinny people have underarms that go IN instead of being flat or going out. Well...I now have those underarms...I raised my arms to the side, and um, wow. Then I realized its a good thing I moved to phase 3, my arms would really just keep getting smaller! (my thighs...well, they're better...but not as skinny as my arms.)
Great NSV Jessica! I know exactly what you mean about the underarms I can't wait until until my arms shrink more. I've lost about 1.25" off of my arms so far and I'm hoping to lose 1 more.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #54  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
It would be great to eat during the holidays, but I know myself well and I would go to the party with a license to eat. I would have full intention of NOT over doing it, but what I consider "overdoing it" and someone else will be totally different. After I have a taste of the cards, especially the sugar, I would be standing near the food and that is where my focus would be all night. I would go back and forth about whether I should eat it or not, eventually eating "it". This would repeat at each and every social gathering. Then Jan 1 would come up and I forgot about the luncheon with "the aunties" and can't possibly start until the 3rd. And when the third gets there - I am totally afraid I would not be able to stay on it as well as I am now. )Plus I want to get on to Phase 2 sooner than later). That is how it might play out for me. I don't know your obsession with food or if you even have one, but for me, I couldn't be successul going off of plan. Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:35 AM   #55  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Hey everyone... since the new daily thread isn't up yet.. I'm posting here. Also.. oddly enough I'm up at 6:30am.

Ive been super busy lately and haven't really had a chance to come to the forum much, but eh you guys couldn't get rid of me if you tried.

Ive been unsuccessful with losing pounds the last two week. My coach wasn't sure what was up either. We figured its either my body adjusting, the big C and TOM all attacking at once... Well little does she know, how this week is going. Tomorrow as in Thursday, is my 5th weigh in and I gotta say, I'm looking forward to the shocked expression on my coach's face. Hehe.

Ill be lurking here and there, but I hope everyone has a good rest of the week. PS, is it just me or does Halloween candy just look bleh?
Old 10-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #56  

The new daily thread is open. This thread will close sometime later today.

We leave this thread open so that you can multi-quote posts from this thread and reply to them in the new thread.

Where do I post? Join us in the Wednesday daily chat thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-20-2010 at 08:28 AM.
Closed Thread