Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM   #16  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I love it. You had a terrible experience, and still manage to see light!

I'm sorry about your coach. That's not right. They should have been up front.

I take NSAIDS, does that affect weight loss? I haven't taken any since I started IP, but with the seasons changing, I feel that I will need too.
I don't have any experience since you can't take NSAIDS with prescription pain killers. But they do appear to cause edema. I'd check with your doctor. And thanks.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM   #17  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
HI all!

I haven't had a chance to get on here all weekend! I was busy busy at the house, digging out snowsuits; cleaning; laundry and all of those other chores I can't do during the week!

For me... TOM has reared her ugly head today.. however, I will get thru it with a positive attitude and the expectation that my weight loss may not be quite a significant this week.. as I know from last month... but that is okay..!

Linden - that is just unprofessional what your coach did to you! We are paying them a lot of money for good advise and knowledge! So glad you are okay after the run in with the pitbull.. that would be freakin scary!

Take care all
Candace
It happened too fast to be scary. It wasn't until I got home that it hit.

Last edited by Linden; 10-18-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #18  

Linden I'm glad you're ok after the canine (mis)behavior. Well or a pit bull just being a pit bull and the owner's misbehavior. As for the "coach" the quotation marks are just the start of my humble opinion. And this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
NSV. I didn't crush the Papillon. Thanks IP.

tbf410 IP makes buying clothes fun instead of an ordeal, no? on your shopping trip and your new "non-dumpy butt" pants!

candace5 Snowsuits -- perish the thought!! I know it's coming but I'm not ready for winter to happen yet.

Keep up the great job of managing the mindgame of IP especially around the possible monthly weight loss slowdown. One of my favorite quotations is from Yogi Berra, who said, "Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical." Kind of applies to IP.

2 NSVs:
1. I wanted to get somewhere this morning a little faster than just walking so I ran/walked about 1 km!
2. It actually felt good!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-18-2010 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #19  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Good Morning to all! Thanks to mbswainer and Kaarin for responding to my question about retaining water!! I lost .5 # last week and when I talked to my coach about it she said that she wasn't concerned because I have steadily lost inches - over 20 inches in fact!! I am happy losing the inches and feeling good in general, so I guess I'll try to drink even MORE than 120 oz every day this week!! I even bought myself a bigger drinking cup - I can fill it to 24 oz each time. So.....here I go!

Linden, I am so sorry about your experience with the pain meds! I can so relate as from last September through June of this year I was on heavy heavy pain meds for something. I could not wait to get off that medication. In fact, it was such a motivator for me to lose the extra 30 # that I had. I am hoping that you can find some way to be pain free and medication free too, but in the meanwhile, I hope you continue with some kind of pain management. I know i couldn't function at all with the level of pain I had. You've done so well and have helped so many here, I am hoping for the best for you!!

Have a lovely fall week everyone!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100ButterflyKisses View Post
Hi! I'm just starting the diet (a week ago) and am sooo happy to have found this site!!! I am already getting sick of veggies and so the recipe threads are great. I was just wondering if there's an area here where the recipes are divided by type for easy reference? Thanks!
I just started that this weekend!

I am halfway through the first thread (500 posts) in categorizing them. I hope to be completed with this by the end of the week and create a thread that the moderators can sticky.

There is more than this and I still need to modify formatting (there is a method that allows just the name of the recipe and not the whole link to show) but, here is an example of what I have going so far...

Recipes Index:

Condiments:
A-1 sauce ala Torchlaker http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2973031-post3.html
Dry Rubs for Meats by Kira http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2992237-post22.html

Soups:
IP version of Weight Watchers zero point soup by alwe74 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2974921-post8.html

Salads:
Tuna on Salad by Sandrab http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2975124-post10.html
Oriental Beef salad by Sleeping BeautE http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2977301-post16.html

Salad Dressings:

Mom’s Salad dressing by Torchlaker http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2973024-post2.html
Sandra B’s Dressing by sandrab http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2975124-post10.html
Spinach Salad Dressing by Torchlaker http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/2980905-post18.html

Categories I have included so far are:
Soups
Salads
Salad Dressings
Appetizers
Snacks
Drinks
Snacks
Breakfast
Eggs
Breads/Crackers/Crusts
Fish/Shellfish
Chicken/Turkey/other poultry and fowl
Beef
Pork
Lamb/other meats
Vegetables
Side dishes
Asian
Mexican
Italian
Vegetarian
Desserts
Condiments
IP Packet Recipes and Tips

As I find more categories I will break them out. If anyone sees a suggestion for a category let me know.

My thought is to create each part of the index as a separate post. With the topic heading being the category. In the event I were no longer on the board, I believe, anyone could request a moderator/administrator to add a new recipe to the appropriate section post for the index. This ultimate allows up to 500 post/categories of the index. (I don't think it necessary but, who knows.) Also, it will allow for a future recipes 3 thread to be incorporated as the other threads have been.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-18-2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: edited to show potential index categories
Old 10-18-2010, 01:10 PM   #21  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
I am hoping that you can find some way to be pain free and medication free too, but in the meanwhile, I hope you continue with some kind of pain management. I know i couldn't function at all with the level of pain I had.
Well, I can't just stop taking them. The withdrawal would be as bad as the pain. But I have an appointment with my doctor to discuss gradually reducing them. Although if losing weight means less padding for sciatic nerves. . . . Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 254/246/180

Height: 5'8

Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind if I jump in. I go for my first meeting next Monday and should get my started pack then. I'm planning on using this week to do some prepping - both physically and mentally. Any tips, suggestions, etc., ya'll can give me would be appreciated.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:39 PM   #23  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
This weekend was the 1st birthday party for my niece. My sister had a delicious looking cake and all I wanted to do was eat a piece. I didn't.

My roommate's frend was at our house last night and was having car problems and asked me if I could give her a ride to get dinner...taco bell. I didn't cheat.

I have been feeling depressed because all of my pants are too big and there was no way I wanted to buy new pants, but I talked to my mom and had a 15% off coupon to Kohl's so I went it to see what they had. I got a pair of pants one size smaller than I normally wear. They also made me have dumpy butt! So I got a size that didn't have a 2 in it. They fit...and they looked good! It made all of my no cheats this weekend worth it. I am so proud!
Congrats on staying strong and resisting all the temptations!
I can't wait to shop for something new in a smaller size. I'm sure it made you feel great
Old 10-18-2010, 01:49 PM   #24  

Interesting article in The Atlantic about medical research: Lies, Damned Lies and Medical Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hope you don't mind if I jump in. I go for my first meeting next Monday and should get my started pack then. I'm planning on using this week to do some prepping - both physically and mentally. Any tips, suggestions, etc., ya'll can give me would be appreciated.
TennesseeLeigh Seasoned posters might be bored of reading this, but my best tip is to read the FAQ and Newbie Tips sticky threads.

Here are some links:

Tips for Newbies
FAQ
an oldie Best advice you were given
another oldie What do you wish your coach told you

Just about any daily chat thread has new people posting and asking questions about what to do or how to deal with the diet in the first few days and weeks.

Good luck at your consultation. Come back and let us know how it goes!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #25  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

This is a lot of excitement on a Monday!
Bras (yeah, rosemary! mine are getting loose in the cup, too!), non-dumpy butt pants (tbf410!!), broken puppy legs (Oh, no, Linden, that's terrible! How are puppy's spirits? Are you and puppy going to be able to continue with the agility class? If you even want to. And, as everyone here agrees, this sudden enlightenment about the pain meds - you are deservedly p***ed off.)

I need some advice from people who have been doing IP longer than me. I don't consider this a planned-cheat question, but maybe it is. To me it is more "massaging" the protocol to fit a situation: Tomorrow is a challenging day with two work meetings over breakfast and lunch. I know the kitchen very well (high-quality, as it is part of a conference center) and I'll be able to have a two-egg and 2-cups allowed veggies omelet for breakfast (made-to-order, so I can control the preparation) and then I will be able to take my WF 1000 island dressing for a lunch salad+veggies. I wondered however, if I could have a real-food protein portion along with my salad, then just have IP packets the rest of day. If I am planning on having two real-food meals in one day, should I maybe just have a IP packet-and-vegetables tonight for dinner, in order to double up real-food tomorrow? In other words, no real food today, in order to have two tomorrow?

I will take a RTD IP drink with me to lunch in case they only have stuff that doesn't work (it is a buffet and the menu rotates; the salad bar is excellent and always there). I have no worries at all about my self-control to make correct choices with what is in front of me. But I wondered about my plan. In 4 weeks, I haven't eaten anything but IP and my own prepared food.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

And, Carla, thanks for all that work you are putting in to indexing the recipes. The dedication of you (and Jordanna and others before you) to make things easier for us all deserves our never-ending appreciation. Thank you, thank you
Old 10-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I need some advice from people who have been doing IP longer than me. I don't consider this a planned-cheat question, but maybe it is. To me it is more "massaging" the protocol to fit a situation: Tomorrow is a challenging day with two work meetings over breakfast and lunch. I know the kitchen very well (high-quality, as it is part of a conference center) and I'll be able to have a two-egg and 2-cups allowed veggies omelet for breakfast (made-to-order, so I can control the preparation) and then I will be able to take my WF 1000 island dressing for a lunch salad+veggies. I wondered however, if I could have a real-food protein portion along with my salad, then just have IP packets the rest of day. If I am planning on having two real-food meals in one day, should I maybe just have a IP packet-and-vegetables tonight for dinner, in order to double up real-food tomorrow? In other words, no real food today, in order to have two tomorrow?

I will take a RTD IP drink with me to lunch in case they only have stuff that doesn't work (it is a buffet and the menu rotates; the salad bar is excellent and always there). I have no worries at all about my self-control to make correct choices with what is in front of me. But I wondered about my plan. In 4 weeks, I haven't eaten anything but IP and my own prepared food.
Sounds like a GREAT plan. One day of Phase 2 eating won't hurt you and you don't need to skimp on food the day before or the day after. What will slow you down is a lot of carbohydrates, and that's not in your plan! Enjoy your meals, have productive meetings and come back and let us know what you chose!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:11 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I know that talking about bra sizes is not lady like, but I have to share what I think is a great NSV for me. I bought a new bra and I have gone down 4 cup sizes. YEAAAA!
WOO HOO!! Good for you! I lost band size but not cup size. I wish I had but, given that my hips won't budge either, at least I still look "balanced"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
This is a cautionary tale and I truly hope it can help someone else.

Simmering is down from royally p---ed off, with my "coach" and the doctor, her husband/chiropractor. .... Last Thursday, after finally saying I'd given up hope of getting an answer, I was told that pain medicine impedes weight loss, or causes weight gain in many people. I'm only taking three pain killers!

Yesterday I learned that beta blockers can have the same effect. ....

I don't rant a lot. (Well, those of you who know me better can just stay mum, if you please.) But I'm spitting nails mad. The coaching team has known what medication I take since before I started. Why does it take 17 weeks to dredge up information that should have been on the table from the beginning?

So that's why you're up at 4:00? You ask. Because you're still steaming? No. Puppy and I went to an agility class yesterday, where he was typically agile and brilliant. I wasn't, until needed. A full-grown pit bull broke his lead and attacked. I threw myself out of the chair and covered the puppy while the others dragged the dog off of me, and while the owner was lolly-gagging around with his other dog. Still feel as though I need to wash the slobber out of my hair.

Am I going to take a pain killer? Like ****.

NSV. I didn't crush the Papillon. Thanks IP.
OMG! I can't believe they weren't more thorough about your medications! They really should have been. In fact, some of the blood pressure medications are in direct conflict to the levels of supplements we take (mostly if they are potassium sparing or LOOP medications). WOW!

Your poor puppy! I am glad you got there quickly. That is just awful! I have had pit bulls off and on through my life and with proper training and guidance they are wonderful pets but, in the hands of a poor owner, they can be real problems. Are they going to be allowing that dog back in agility training?

Quote:
This weekend was the 1st birthday party for my niece. My sister had a delicious looking cake and all I wanted to do was eat a piece. I didn't.

My roommate's frend was at our house last night and was having car problems and asked me if I could give her a ride to get dinner...taco bell. I didn't cheat.

I have been feeling depressed because all of my pants are too big and there was no way I wanted to buy new pants, but I talked to my mom and had a 15% off coupon to Kohl's so I went it to see what they had. I got a pair of pants one size smaller than I normally wear. They also made me have dumpy butt! So I got a size that didn't have a 2 in it. They fit...and they looked good! It made all of my no cheats this weekend worth it. I am so proud!
Way to go!! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I love it. You had a terrible experience, and still manage to see light!

I'm sorry about your coach. That's not right. They should have been up front.

I take NSAIDS, does that affect weight loss? I haven't taken any since I started IP, but with the seasons changing, I feel that I will need too.
Yes, NSAIDS (motrin, aleve, advil, motrin, etc. for over the counter varieties) can cause water retention and slowed weight loss if they are used very regularly.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Recipes Index:
Boy is this a good idea. And boy, what a lot of work. My hat's off.

About the pit bull -- well, you know, I can't blame him. The owner/stupido is another case altogether.

And yes, about the medicine. I'm more than peeved. I know I need to say something, strong, to them. But I still need the packets for another 2 months. It's tricky. My experience -- the less competent people are, the more defensive and self-righteous they can be.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeLeigh View Post
Hey guys,

First, bookmark this link so you can easily get to our subforum index/content page.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

This page the above link retrieves will show you all of our permanently stuck (ie sticky) threads at the top of the page and all of the thread based conversation going back to the origination of this diet group.

Take some time to read the recipes. They will give you great ideas about what to make your first weeks. ALSO, read some of the protein packet recipe tips and favorites threads. That may help you get some ideas of what is most commonly liked. And, review the walden farms threads which will give you an idea of what people like and how they like to use it. If you frequently travel or eat out familiarize yourself with the tips in those topics too!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...-farms-ip.html

Don't be afraid to jump in and ask questions! There are so many people on here who have a lot of experience and are very willing to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post

I will take a RTD IP drink with me to lunch in case they only have stuff that doesn't work (it is a buffet and the menu rotates; the salad bar is excellent and always there). ...

Thanks in advance for any input!!

And, Carla, thanks for all that work you are putting in to indexing the recipes. The dedication of you (and Jordanna and others before you) to make things easier for us all deserves our never-ending appreciation. Thank you, thank you
You are welcome. I was frustrated the other day while searching for a recipe I KNEW existed and thought "why can't we...." I just didn't realized how involved it was going to be!

About your plan, yes! That would work. I had to do this once and my coach said to just do a phase 2 day. Use an IP breakfast, normal meal lunch (like dinner), a normal dinner, then an IP snack. In your case maybe a protein and veg breakfast, protein, veg and salad lunch, and an IP and salad dinner with an IP snack might work very well!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-18-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:

Good for you! Big wins on your part! More rewards to come, no doubt!!
Closed Thread