Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 10:50 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Default Great Day!

Whoohooo, today's a great day! My NWI says I made it to the 150's! 159.6 but hey, I'm there! Lets hope they sail on by pretty quickly!
Old 10-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #47  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I'm finally catching up with the posts..my family was here for a week visiting..left on Thursday morning. When I was ready to make dinner, I went to the pantry to get a can of tuna and there ion the shelf was a large half-filled jar of roasted peanuts...My brain said, "Oh, roasted peanuts" as my hand reached for the jar. Then I pulled my hand back like I'd touched a hot stove and thought "what are you thinking"? and quickly hid the jar behind my WF products. Out of sight, out of mind. Couldn't believe after all this time I had that knee-jerk reaction. I guess it's all about being aware. My family thinks I'm tired from the diet...I didn't tell them, that having 3 extra people around with all the commotion MIGHT have something to do with it! I just have to prepare myself a little beforehand.

I have a question...does anyone notice a change in the products? I'm having trouble getting the Wildberry yogurt and the orange drink to completely dissolve....wondered if IP is playing around with the formulations again.

For those who think no one is noticing their weight loss...they are...just will take them awhile to mention it...someone here has a signature that says "It's none of my business what anyone else thinks of me"....I tell myself that daily having been raised by a pretty critical family. The other day I went to work in jeggings, a white denim jacket, and boots...the lady down the hall came in and said "oh, biker chick today"...I repeated the above statement silently to myself....but the next day she came in and said "let me see what you are wearing today"....I asked why and she said "because you always look so nice and you have done a wonderful job....so you justnnever know

Marilyn
Old 10-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Loved your office story, Pumpkinparry, and also love the signature you quoted. Will remember that!

I was away for a few days visiting relatives in South Carolina and was around all that delicious Southern cooking. It was really difficult, but I never cheated. Came back home Thursday night and was weighed in yesterday morning. All that restraint and all I had to show for it was a 1-lb loss. Disappointing. Keep reminding myself, "One pound is still a loss," but I'm worried about the slowdown, since I'm only halfway to my goal. I measure everything and have not cheated once since starting the diet in August...feeling a little frustrated right now.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post
Loved your office story, Pumpkinparry, and also love the signature you quoted. Will remember that!

I was away for a few days visiting relatives in South Carolina and was around all that delicious Southern cooking. It was really difficult, but I never cheated. Came back home Thursday night and was weighed in yesterday morning. All that restraint and all I had to show for it was a 1-lb loss. Disappointing. Keep reminding myself, "One pound is still a loss," but I'm worried about the slowdown, since I'm only halfway to my goal. I measure everything and have not cheated once since starting the diet in August...feeling a little frustrated right now.
Oh my gosh, don't be frustrated - 36 pounds since August is great! Wow, I wish I could have done so well. And just think of the pounds you would have put on if you hadn't used restraint! Losing 1 pound is still losing and that is the important thing!!
Old 10-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
I think the diet has affected my brain! I went to the Vet to get the kittens their shots and came home with a Weimaraner pup. YIKES! What was I thinking? - I'm an old unclaimed jewel who works full time and swore I'd never do a puppy again. I guess I've assured my new workout program - dog walking will be my lot. Wish me luck - and not too much buyers remorse.
Congratulations! A new member of the family, how exciting! I'm always thinking about adding a new puppy to our family, I would love to get a labradoodle! But, my 8 year old Airedale thinks he is still a puppy and he is agressive with some dogs so I'm not sure he would tolerate another dog in the family. Best of luck to you and your new baby. What did you name him/her?
Old 10-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 261/ 210 /190

Height: 6ft

Hey all!
I tried the IP chocolate pancakes this morning....what in the world???? It turned out like pudding in a pan. They won't rise, they won't set. I finally scraped it into a bowl and microwaved the goo. I couldn't put the goo in the trash because it's so expensive! Does anyone know where I went wrong? Anyone made these pancakes before?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:02 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Hey all!
I tried the IP chocolate pancakes this morning....what in the world???? It turned out like pudding in a pan. They won't rise, they won't set. I finally scraped it into a bowl and microwaved the goo. I couldn't put the goo in the trash because it's so expensive! Does anyone know where I went wrong? Anyone made these pancakes before?
Whatever you did wrong...I did the same thing. Both the crepe and the pancakes turned out like goo for me. I did make the chocolate pancakes as muffins before and they were good. I think they should have told us what size pan to use and how big to make them. I tried one large crepe and two medium pancakes and neither of them set.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermyGirl View Post
Hey all!
LOL! Apparently you missed the WTF are these things message from me! I did the exact same thing, and I have no idea what went wrong. I have only one other packet and am pretty sure I am gonna make a muffin with it. I ended up eating the large chocolate (it doesn't even taste good chocolate) blob from my frying pan (because of the cost) and choked it down. Will most likely be the last packet in my cupboard at the end of this diet.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 PM   #54  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Hey everyone! Hope your having a fantastic weekend. I'm in the middle of remodeling a room. Lots of spackle and paint in my day. I'm one pound away from having lost 30 lbs! Not bad for under 7 weeks on the program. Love this plan!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2swim View Post

I think you are doing great too! After reading all these posts, you've got to know that sometimes your body just has to catch up. My only thought is make sure you drink all (and more) or your water!
I was feeling frustrated last week (week 3 for me). I was weighing myself obsessively at home (every time I was in the bathroom) and it was playing with my head until I finally had my hubby hide the damn scale.
I am still going on my Wii to weigh myself and do some yoga, but that's only every other day or so, and only in the mornings. Well, this morning it says I'm down almost 5 lbs from last Tuesday's WI!!! I'm sure I'm going to have a good week this week after last week's piddly .6 lbs. But I'm not going to update my signature weight until my official WI (don't want to jinx it!).
Hope everyone has a wonderful IP Sunday!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:06 PM   #56  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Lost 3.6 pounds this past week, going from 131.8 to 128.2 in my third week of phase 2. I'm really glad I did that extra week, because the losses were big, and I can see a difference in the past week.

Total weight loss: 58.2 pounds
Total inches
Chest size went from 42 to 34
Waist went from 38 to 25
Hips went from 44 to 37.5
Arm went from 11 to 8
Thighs went from 22.5 to 17.5
A total of around 42 inches lost! Now, I don't think that they measured me in the same spots, but its fine, I'm totally happy with my losses.
JessicaCourez, you should be totally happy! Your success is very inspiring!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
Whoohooo, today's a great day! My NWI says I made it to the 150's! 159.6 but hey, I'm there! Lets hope they sail on by pretty quickly!
JollyCrewzer, Congrats! You are there, but not for long ... keep on sailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
I'm one pound away from having lost 30 lbs! Not bad for under 7 weeks on the program. Love this plan!
jency, not bad indeed. Thanks for sharing as your news encourages us all!

as for me, working the plan and reading, as all of your posts remind me of different things. Time well spent with my IP friends. I spent a good chunk of time away from home yesterday, but was prepared and kept on protocol. Have to do the same today, but if I go with my plan on what to eat and drink my water, I'm good. Cheers, all!
Old 10-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Congratulations for finding IP and welcome!!

My husband started IP on Monday ( secret sister in law don't tell anyone) he has been starving and didn't think he was losing. I have given him bowls and bowls of lettace with Walden Farms Thousand Island mixed with hot sauce. Finally today he seems more energetic. He got on the scale and is down 5 pounds so he is very happy. He needs to lose about 20 lbs. He is drinking tons of water too!
My son who is 27 went on IP and he just had an extra 25 pounds he just couldn't get rid of and he worked out and ran like crazy. He lost his weight and feels fantastic, took him 2 months or so. He was told with the exercise, stop for phase 1. He did but a few times just missed it and went anyway and then didn't have the losses like the other weeks when he didn't exercise. I know they say if you were a person that worked out you can keep it up but you have to add packets or you will be very hungry! Don't feel like a wussy for doing IP or being on this site!! They both had me to turn too! Keep it up. We all drink coffee, I have been drinking at least 3 really strong cups a day for the entire time I have been using IP. I do drink at least 120 oz. of water a day and follow all of the rules. I didn't use restricted packets until phase 3. Good luck, keep it up!!!!!! Here's a hug back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
There's not much I can add to what I'm Svelting! says but please do look at the exercise thread. And I would definitely go light on weight lifting at least for the first 2 weeks. Coffee -- it's pretty universally agreed that the right procedure is 1 cup of water for each cup of coffee after the first cup; and go light on caffine. This holds true for soft drinks like Pepsi and Coke, even 0, although it's best to just eliminate those altogether for a wide variety of reasons.

I think you're doing the very best thing you can do by reading as much as you possibly can on this site, especially Tips for Newbies, Phases 1 and 2, Recipes, and the facts sticky.

Congratulations for taking your life in your own hands, and WELCOME.
Thank you! I'm trying my best to stick with it as best I can. Today is a little better, it feels like my hunger has subsided a bit....even with the tons of candy that is laying around work lol.
Old 10-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Didn't have a good day yesterday. I am only eating what I am suppose to but since I got up so late, my schedule was WAY off. Only had 3 cups of vegs and two packets and appx 6 oz of fish I know that in the WW program if you don't eat enough you gain, so I am a little worried.

Also, tried making chips for lunch today and it flopped but I also didn't go by a receipe, just cut and salt and cook so...funny but they were still good, just not crispy! Gonna go surf the receipes again Happy Sunday all!
Old 10-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #59  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Brown fat

Here's a subject carried over from aev4vball's post in FAQs (And WELCOME.) regarding brown fat. This interview from NPR's "Science Friday" is quite informative and a little bit of a teaser because clearly scientists don't yet have a handle of what it totally is and how it functions. I'd really like to hear what others know about this subject.

http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPl...07&m=102964794

Last edited by Linden; 10-17-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #60  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Re: the chocolate pancakes and crepes...

I did my pancake mix up as mini muffins (It made 8 mini muffins). Baked at 350 for abour 18 minutes or so. They were set, but not that great. I probably won't get them again.

I turned my pack of crepes into crackers! Mix the packet with water until relatively thinish (pancake batter like), then spread on a cookie sheet (I covered my cookies sheet in parchment paper), sprinkle salt over the top and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until good and set. Pull the giant cracker thing out of the oven (it will be soft and flexible), turn your oven down to 300 and use a pizza cutter to cut it into squares or whatever. Put the crackers back on the cookie sheet and put them back in the oven at 300 for an hour or so, so they can dry out and get crispy.

It totally fulfilled my need for crackers - you could even sprinkle it with the white cheddar seasoning... Mmmmmm.... cheez-its!
Closed Thread