3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   WEEKEND CHAT, October 16-17, 1010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214927-weekend-chat-october-16-17-1010-a.html)

JessicaCourez 10-16-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3524461)
One, it's so disconcerting seeing you post in the morning. :D You're usually my signal that it's time to wind down.

Two, if vicarious experiences count for anything, mine is alive and well. We started at almost the same pounds and you're 1/2 taller than I am. But even more, I really admire your steadfastness.

Well, I can post during the day during the weekends, just never have time during the day when I'm at work. And then when I get home, it's cook, prep for the next day, errands, etc. Sometimes a little crazy and awhile before I can sit down and read everything.

I'm pulling for you, I know you'll do it -- I'm so impressed that you're sticking with it in Germany! Good luck...also, noticed that you get your Rhubarb from Corvallis Oregon...about 1 1/2 hours down the freeway from me. It's a nice little farming/college town.

JC

JollyCrewzer 10-16-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3524813)
You will! 25 pounds since August is great! I started on May 10, so it took me 23 weeks to get to here. I often lost slow, or nothing, but then would have weeks where I lost anywhere from 3.5 to one week where I somehow lost 8 pounds. My average according to my spreadsheet is 3 pounds, but all the weeks weren't there, for sure.

Good luck!

Thanks! I would love to have a week where I lost 8 pounds, or even 3.5! Whew, I can't imagine! I usually lose 1 - 2.5 (every week for the last 7 weeks)! But, I am so glad that I'm not gaining! This diet is definitely the best!!!

Gabby Lou 10-16-2010 09:48 PM

I cheated and my counselor told me that I would have to be removed from the program if it happens again. (Has anyone heard of being removed from the program?) That gave me a renewed commitment. I have decided that I do best when I have a goal. My Dad is coming to visit November 13th and I want to weigh 150 lbs. That would require me to loose 14 pounds. Should I cut out my restricted, which I love or do a restricted in the morning and the other 2 non restricted (packets less than 3 carbs) later in the day. Any suggestions.

I'm svelting! 10-16-2010 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby Lou (Post 3524863)
I cheated and my counselor told me that I would have to be removed from the program if it happens again. (Has anyone heard of being removed from the program?) That gave me a renewed commitment. I have decided that I do best when I have a goal. My Dad is coming to visit November 13th and I want to weigh 150 lbs. That would require me to loose 14 pounds. Should I cut out my restricted, which I love or do a restricted in the morning and the other 2 non restricted (packets less than 3 carbs) later in the day. Any suggestions.

I remember reading that someone was "kicked out" by her coach; it was for wanting to substitute alternative products, if I recall correctly. I think there's something in the original agreement we sign at the first meeting that might allow for a coach/clinic to remove a dieter from the program for non-compliance.

Given that we burn so much fat on IP, you probably look as if you weigh 150 now! It looks as if you've been losing 3 lbs/week on average, so you'll probably be really close to 150 if not below it by Nov. 13. Count on looking as if you weigh much less than you actually do.

Your best guide on this is your body: How has your body reacted to having the restricted packets? Did you notice a difference in your pounds lost or your energy when you have 7 restricted items in a week vs having one less frequently?

Mrs Diettrich 10-16-2010 10:32 PM

Feeling much more sane now after dinner (steak, green beans, broccoli) and with my chocolate pudding getting chilly in the freezer.

My NSV for the day - comfortably wearing a bra that I had to put in a drawer a few months ago because it was digging in horribly on the sides.

Happy weeekend! One week down, ? more to go!

Pegsi 10-16-2010 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer (Post 3524808)
WOW!! That is so inspiring! We started at a similar weight and similar measurements. I've only lost 25 and feel like I will never get the rest off. How long did it take you?

Hey JollyCrewzer We are quite similar same height and start date (beginning of August for me) And our weight loss is close. I thought I would be done by now! lol! But I am kinda glad I am not because I would probably revert to my old ways.
I am a courier/hotshotter so I spend all day driving around the city. You have to be stong to avoid the burger/fast food joints! I never get a hot lunch anymore and a good salad is hard to find and alot of days I don't stop so that makes eating salad difficult. So far I have been eating raw cucumbers,and celery. Sometimes I mix it up with mushrooms and radishes lol! I really look forward to supper but there are times when I have to go out of the city thank goodness for grocery store rotisserie chicken. I eat alot of chicken! So medicmom keep that in mind when travelling, grocery stores are our alternative to restaurants.

Medicmom734 10-17-2010 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegsi (Post 3524935)
Hey JollyCrewzer We are quite similar same height and start date (beginning of August for me) And our weight loss is close. I thought I would be done by now! lol! But I am kinda glad I am not because I would probably revert to my old ways.
I am a courier/hotshotter so I spend all day driving around the city. You have to be stong to avoid the burger/fast food joints! I never get a hot lunch anymore and a good salad is hard to find and alot of days I don't stop so that makes eating salad difficult. So far I have been eating raw cucumbers,and celery. Sometimes I mix it up with mushrooms and radishes lol! I really look forward to supper but there are times when I have to go out of the city thank goodness for grocery store rotisserie chicken. I eat alot of chicken! So medicmom keep that in mind when travelling, grocery stores are our alternative to restaurants.

Thanks Pegsi!
I often think about the grocery store. but totally forgot about those chickens! Awesome idea!
I always carry a ziploc of celery when I'm on the road with work, and I cut up baby dills into dime size pieces. Sometimes, I just have to munch to stay awake. I work really crazy long hours sometimes. So far its working.
Thanks for the email today, its nice to have people that you can lean on, even if you might not be strong for yourself sometimes! We could get into trouble like we did when we were kids! LOL!:devil:
We'll see you this summer when we can both be skinny, sitting on my deck drinking beers, and our kids can drive us around! LOL!:dizzy:\\

I want dancing things for my pounds lost! A few posts and a few days to a ticker and signature!

:df: :df: :df:

ladyvrod 10-17-2010 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby Lou (Post 3524863)

Good luck on your goal for when you Dad comes to visit. I am sure he will be amazed at how great you look not matter what.
REALLY? Removed you from the program because you cheated? That sounds a little harsh. I just read through all my paperwork after reading that. I will be going off program, not totally off overboard, next weekend for my birthday weekend away. I hope I don't get "kicked out" :o for having a birthday. Eeeekkkkk

jordash 10-17-2010 01:52 AM

I think the diet has affected my brain! I went to the Vet to get the kittens their shots and came home with a Weimaraner pup. :crazy: YIKES! What was I thinking? - I'm an old unclaimed jewel who works full time and swore I'd never do a puppy again. I guess I've assured my new workout program - dog walking will be my lot. Wish me luck - and not too much buyers remorse. :dizzy:

JessicaCourez 10-17-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordash (Post 3525043)
I think the diet has affected my brain! I went to the Vet to get the kittens their shots and came home with a Weimaraner pup. :crazy: YIKES! What was I thinking? - I'm an old unclaimed jewel who works full time and swore I'd never do a puppy again. I guess I've assured my new workout program - dog walking will be my lot. Wish me luck - and not too much buyers remorse. :dizzy:

Congrats! It's your Ideal Pup! Honestly, I have a weim, and they are wonderful. They DO needs lots of walks...mine is old and still needs lots of walks, so you're right about that.

Linden 10-17-2010 04:16 AM

Quote:

As a working mama of a new pup have you been introduced to piddle pads? (I know. I know. This is even worse than discussing bra sizes. BUT important.)

Linden 10-17-2010 04:28 AM

Quote:

Hey [B][COLOR="Indigo"] thank goodness for grocery store rotisserie chicken. I eat alot of chicken! So medicmom keep that in mind when travelling, grocery stores are our alternative to restaurants.

If you buy a rotisserie chicken save all the bones and the broken up carcass, then add water to cover plus 2-3 inches, celery, onion, and garlic (if you want). Simmer slowly for an hour or two; refrigerate; skim off all the fat; and you have great chicken soup --something you could carry with you and drink hot or cool.

pumpkyparry 10-17-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

From oe pet lover to another....I think you were thinking about all that uncondtional love you're going to get....is there anything better than "puppy breath"?

Marilyn (2 chihuahua's, 1 Hemingway cat, 2 birds):)

mbswainer 10-17-2010 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meathead91 (Post 3524694)

Thank you to anyone with any help. I hope I don't come off as insensitive because my weight loss goal is much smaller compared to some peoples...some peoples stories have really inspired me on this website, to all of you here is this -----> :hug: I'm the pink one hugging you for inspiring me. I don't care if I'm pink, besides pink is sexy and it's breast cancer awareness month

Congratulations for finding IP and welcome!!

My husband started IP on Monday ( secret sister in law don't tell anyone) he has been starving and didn't think he was losing. I have given him bowls and bowls of lettace with Walden Farms Thousand Island mixed with hot sauce. Finally today he seems more energetic. He got on the scale and is down 5 pounds so he is very happy. He needs to lose about 20 lbs. He is drinking tons of water too!
My son who is 27 went on IP and he just had an extra 25 pounds he just couldn't get rid of and he worked out and ran like crazy. He lost his weight and feels fantastic, took him 2 months or so. He was told with the exercise, stop for phase 1. He did but a few times just missed it and went anyway and then didn't have the losses like the other weeks when he didn't exercise. I know they say if you were a person that worked out you can keep it up but you have to add packets or you will be very hungry! Don't feel like a wussy for doing IP or being on this site!! They both had me to turn too! Keep it up. We all drink coffee, I have been drinking at least 3 really strong cups a day for the entire time I have been using IP. I do drink at least 120 oz. of water a day and follow all of the rules. I didn't use restricted packets until phase 3. Good luck, keep it up!!!!!!:hug: Here's a hug back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcswain (Post 3524722)
Just got back from town -- went in for WI. In three weeks I have lost 17.2 pounds :carrot: Clothes are getting looser -- my husband thinks I need to go shopping very soon :D

Congratulations!!!!! I meant what I said on the phone earlier, now go get yourself 1 new pair of pants! The joy of seeing what size you can get and it will show your weight loss. They can be transition pants so you are right a thrift store or Wallyworld. I have given all of my too big clothes to other IPers that started after me. We are all paying it forward with clothes, it is fun! Have another good week!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyvrod (Post 3525036)
Good luck on your goal for when you Dad comes to visit. I am sure he will be amazed at how great you look not matter what.
REALLY? Removed you from the program because you cheated? That sounds a little harsh. I just read through all my paperwork after reading that. I will be going off program, not totally off overboard, next weekend for my birthday weekend away. I hope I don't get "kicked out" :o for having a birthday. Eeeekkkkk

At my clinic they tell you right off the bat, if you cheat or go off protocol we can kick you out. If you drink or start to gain instead of lose etc... But not if you just have a slip. I tell them when I am going out of town or have an event they always just say good luck and see you when you get back. So with your great losses then one cheat that sounds way too harsh. Maybe your coach was just having a really bad day.;)

JollyCrewzer 10-17-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Hi Pegsi! You are doing great! I know what you mean, after the first couple of big losses, I thought I would be done by Halloween, for sure! Now I am hoping by my cruise on January 30th. I would really like to be in maintenance by Christmas but I don't think that will happen. Especially after I see so many people on these boards that are our height and get down into their 120's. I haven't been that low since before kids (20 years ago)! But, I am already thinking about lowering my goal - they are such an inspiration! I can't imagine trying to eat a salad while driving. That would be tough; I'd end up wearing it! I luckily have a desk job and take an hour to eat (salad, cucumber, green pepper, IP pudding) and read the 3FC board! It gives me something to look forward to and it keeps me motivated!