Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Ideal to go is offered by a clinic that was approved to offer product to people in remote areas or areas that DO NOT have a clinic. Be prepared that at some point Ideal Protein may insist that they stop offering product to people who do have clinics in their area and are just not wanting to use them.
Carla,
Thanks for the info ... I really hope they don't stop offering Ideal To Go to those of us near clinics. My husband participates through a clinic, but I opted for Ideal To Go because of my work schedule. As it turns out, he is very unhappy with his coaches there and I, on the other hand, love my Ideal To Go coach.

Michelle
Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 193/179/140

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanok View Post
Morning everyone, I have been lurking more then posting these days. Things are going good, but I still feel like junk after my Thanksgiving, but oh well I know I will feel better soon. I know this has been asked but why no green cabbage? I loooovvee sour cabbage rolls!! On my sheet it doesn't say I can't have it but it doesn't say I can either lol help.

Have a great day!!
Strangely, my coach okayed green cabbage, but said to avoid turnips which are on the "approved" list. Each coach is different, I guess. Maybe check with yours and see what they say.

Michelle
Old 10-14-2010, 02:25 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!
Thank goodness for this forum to keep me inspired. I am truly having a frustrating week. I have been strictly on protocol and the scale just hasn't budged (well, okay, a whopping .8 lbs in 9 days ).
I am trying to stay positive, but those little negative thoughts are starting to creep in - "is this worth it?" "Maybe it's not going to work for me" etc. It's amazing how your brain can try and sabotage you.
I still can't figure out why this is happening after losing 13 lbs in the first 2 weeks? I almost feel like somehow I kicked myself out of ketosis? But I don't see how except that I do eat a lot of broccoli and cauliflower, but I did in the first two weeks as well.
A couple of days ago, and on my WI day, I was definitely retaining water. I was drinking well over 64 oz a day, but not going to the washroom nearly as much as in weeks 1 & 2. I don't have the big C or TOM (too old for that ) Yesterday I thought I'd broken the cycle because I did go pee more often and even woke up at 3:00 am again this morning to go. But, the scale still hasn't budged as of this morning.
I keep thinking of I'm Svelting's story about losing 5 lbs overnight once and hoping/praying that will happen with me.
Thanks again to everyone here for all the support and encouragement.
Have a great IP day!
Hang in there Kaarin. Wish I had an answer for you, but all I can say is keep doing what you're doing. Give your body more time to work it's hidden magic. Trust your body to do what it needs to do. It'll happen. Unfortunately not over night, nor as quickly as we'd like, but the change happens. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to not see the scale moving and to also start thinking the negative thoughts; but don't give up. Your body is still trying to figure out what you're doing to it. Hang in there, try to switch the mental negative into positives whenever possible (examples I use: preparing to run a marathon takes a year to train for; you can't call it quits after just 3 months - than all of your hard work will have been wasted. Or, it took you 4 years to earn your degree, you didn't quit after the 1st year or 2nd... Pregnancy lasted 9 months (x2) and you spent 3.5 months and 4 months on complete bed rest for both of them.) I'm sure you get the idea; Good things take time - lots of time to accomplish. So once again Kaarin; HANG IN THERE. Your body is changing and it'll show on the scale or in the inches. Hugs...
Old 10-14-2010, 02:51 PM   #19  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Default I survived!

Well today was the food day in my honor at work. Along with the no-bake cookies, brownies, cheese, crackers, chips, salsa, meatballs and cakes they also brought in cucumber, broccoli and cauliflower just for me! I'm so proud that not once did I break down and eat any of that deliciousness!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:09 PM   #20  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfun View Post
Carla,
Thanks for the info ... I really hope they don't stop offering Ideal To Go to those of us near clinics. My husband participates through a clinic, but I opted for Ideal To Go because of my work schedule. As it turns out, he is very unhappy with his coaches there and I, on the other hand, love my Ideal To Go coach.
My mom called and talked to idealtogo.com and they were able to sell to her even though she lives near a clinic...so I don't know if it is as strict about near clinics as it once was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin
Good morning everyone!
Thank goodness for this forum to keep me inspired. I am truly having a frustrating week. I have been strictly on protocol and the scale just hasn't budged (well, okay, a whopping .8 lbs in 9 days ).
I am trying to stay positive, but those little negative thoughts are starting to creep in - "is this worth it?" "Maybe it's not going to work for me" etc. It's amazing how your brain can try and sabotage you.
I still can't figure out why this is happening after losing 13 lbs in the first 2 weeks? I almost feel like somehow I kicked myself out of ketosis? But I don't see how except that I do eat a lot of broccoli and cauliflower, but I did in the first two weeks as well.
A couple of days ago, and on my WI day, I was definitely retaining water. I was drinking well over 64 oz a day, but not going to the washroom nearly as much as in weeks 1 & 2. I don't have the big C or TOM (too old for that ) Yesterday I thought I'd broken the cycle because I did go pee more often and even woke up at 3:00 am again this morning to go. But, the scale still hasn't budged as of this morning.
I keep thinking of I'm Svelting's story about losing 5 lbs overnight once and hoping/praying that will happen with me.
Thanks again to everyone here for all the support and encouragement.
Have a great IP day!

Don't look at the scale for a week. I had to do that a few weeks ago. I was stressing so much over the scale I think it affecting my weight loss. Also, if that doesn't help, do you feel hungry or tired or anything out of the normal? Another thing to try is maybe adding a 4th bar for 2-3 days to see if that makes a difference for you.

Don't give up now. You are doing great and your body will start losing. Have you check your measurements lately? Sometimes when the weight lost is low my inches lost are high so keep an eye on inches too. Muscle ways more than fat.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:18 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

tb4 -- good for you! We had food week at work all last week, so I know what kind of dedication you had today to IP!!!

Kaairn -- hang in there! It will come off! Like makeitmatter said.. I think of this journey like a pregnancy -- I can't drink, can't eat anything I want, not too much exercise, and my body changes everyday, and it will take time and WILL be worth every single minute of my journey!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #22  

S/C/G: S: 236/C: 188/G: 125

Height: 5'5"

Hello, everyone!

My scales this morning said 190! I'm so very excited!! I'm sure that it's been a few YEARS since I've seen this number on my scales.

Have a great day, all!

Barbara Ann
Old 10-14-2010, 03:47 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

candace5 and Iowahawkeyemom:

Thanks for the comments yesterday. I can't get it to work to copy both of your comments over from yesterdays thread...grr..

I've been in the process of getting healthy for a while now. I actually haven't kept track of how long and had to stop and think about it. It's been around 9 months, though I didn't start following the IP protocol until May (I've never used IP products nor a coach - I just follow the protocol). I knew I had to make changes in my life and also recognized they weren't changes that were going to happen over night. I don't keep track of my weight loss nor of the inches gone (participating in the Halloween challenge is the first time of actually permanently tracking weight loss - which has been odd to say the least). Yes, I definitely weigh myself, but I don't record the information to review. For me, I view the weight loss as a lifetime commitment. Therefore, weekly weighing and measuring and then keeping track of it wasn't going to work for me (plus, I'm too ADHD to consistently keep track of things like that - lol). I just know I need to lose weight and then to keep it off. Following the protocol is giving me the tools to lose. Likewise, as a I get ready for phase 2 (3 & 4), I know it'll continue helping me long term.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:35 PM   #24  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
candace5 and Iowahawkeyemom: I knew I had to make changes in my life and also recognized they weren't changes that were going to happen over night. I don't keep track of my weight loss nor of the inches gone (participating in the Halloween challenge is the first time of actually permanently tracking weight loss - which has been odd to say the least). Yes, I definitely weigh myself, but I don't record the information to review. For me, I view the weight loss as a lifetime commitment. Therefore, weekly weighing and measuring and then keeping track of it wasn't going to work for me (plus, I'm too ADHD to consistently keep track of things like that - lol). I just know I need to lose weight and then to keep it off. Following the protocol is giving me the tools to lose. Likewise, as a I get ready for phase 2 (3 & 4), I know it'll continue helping me long term.
I started to post this in the Halloween Challenge thread, then thought it was more appropriate here: "Your losses continue to fascinate (and amaze) me. Are you now in maintenance, or one of the phases?"

Well, I got my answer and I'm still fascinated.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #25  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
tb4 -- good for you! We had food week at work all last week, so I know what kind of dedication you had today to IP!!!

Kaairn -- hang in there! It will come off! Like makeitmatter said.. I think of this journey like a pregnancy -- I can't drink, can't eat anything I want, not too much exercise, and my body changes everyday, and it will take time and WILL be worth every single minute of my journey!
Really thought-provoking analogy.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:51 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Went for my weigh in today and I am down 3lbs in 12 days not to bad considering I haven't been 100% IP too much meat and missed pills and a definit lack of salad. But that changes today 1 week of 100% and no restricted just to see the difference. But I am happy -30lbs WOW!!! WOW! WOW! WOW! -30lbs!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Hang in there Kaarin. Wish I had an answer for you, but all I can say is keep doing what you're doing. Give your body more time to work it's hidden magic. Trust your body to do what it needs to do. It'll happen. Unfortunately not over night, nor as quickly as we'd like, but the change happens. Believe me, I know how frustrating it is to not see the scale moving and to also start thinking the negative thoughts; but don't give up. Your body is still trying to figure out what you're doing to it. Hang in there, try to switch the mental negative into positives whenever possible (examples I use: preparing to run a marathon takes a year to train for; you can't call it quits after just 3 months - than all of your hard work will have been wasted. Or, it took you 4 years to earn your degree, you didn't quit after the 1st year or 2nd... Pregnancy lasted 9 months (x2) and you spent 3.5 months and 4 months on complete bed rest for both of them.) I'm sure you get the idea; Good things take time - lots of time to accomplish. So once again Kaarin; HANG IN THERE. Your body is changing and it'll show on the scale or in the inches. Hugs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post

Don't look at the scale for a week. I had to do that a few weeks ago. I was stressing so much over the scale I think it affecting my weight loss. Also, if that doesn't help, do you feel hungry or tired or anything out of the normal? Another thing to try is maybe adding a 4th bar for 2-3 days to see if that makes a difference for you.

Don't give up now. You are doing great and your body will start losing. Have you check your measurements lately? Sometimes when the weight lost is low my inches lost are high so keep an eye on inches too. Muscle ways more than fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Thanks for the pep talks guys!
I think the other part of the problem has been that work is particularly stressful at the moment. Tonight was the first time in three weeks that I REALLY wanted a glass of wine after work to unwind. But, happy to say that I am sitting here reading posts and sipping on my Perrier in a wine glass instead.
I think that I might take your advice, EatAnts, and put my scale away for awhile. It's just that it was fun weighing myself when I was losing a pound a day, or at least every other day, in the first two weeks.
As always, it is so inspiring and motivating reading everyone's accomplishments. I know this will work for me too!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

I so enjoy the pep talks and advice! I never have a lot of time at the computer, but I can't help but get on and check on everyone when I do get the chance. It is strange, day to day is different. Yesterday was great...no temptations, today...hated it...not that I am "craving" anything, it all just looks good lol This will only be my second weekend on IP so I am getting nervous, but I am sure things will be okay...maybe hard, but okay. WI is on Monday afternoons. I only bought 4 differnet boxes and I am already kinda sick of them. I wish they sold them in smaller quantities so we could buy a better variety I am going to trade some of them next week with a co-worker of mine so that should help. Finding solutions to the problems that arise...that is what we do right? Anyway, thanks again to each of you who takes time to share your stories...they are a blessing!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217/203/140

Height: 5'3

Woo hooo! down 9.3 lbs in two weeks!! It's working and I'm not suffering!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:53 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Went for my weigh in today and I am down 3lbs in 12 days not to bad considering I haven't been 100% IP too much meat and missed pills and a definit lack of salad. But that changes today 1 week of 100% and no restricted just to see the difference. But I am happy -30lbs WOW!!! WOW! WOW! WOW! -30lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgiraultRPh View Post
Woo hooo! down 9.3 lbs in two weeks!! It's working and I'm not suffering!!

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WONDERFUL LOSES!!!!
Closed Thread