Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 06:01 PM   #31  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm so excited to say that at my WI yesterday I was down another 4 pounds which puts me over 20!! I started the beginning of September and I'm so excited. My NSV today was when I was getting in the shower this morning i happened to glance in the mirror. For the first time I really was able to see the weight loss in my legs! I have never felt better about myself.

Now I just need the willpower to resist the temptation of a food day in my honor at work tomorrow since I'm starting a new job! I think the fact that I have done so well will be what I need to succeed!
Jess
Jesse, congratulations for everything, especially for being successful tomorrow. I think you can do it right.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Rhondalyn- Sugarless gum has asparatame in it! Which is a no no on this plan!

I have a question.. which WF salad dressing is best? I tried caeser last time and am not a big fan... thanks!
I like the Basalmic the best but the Bacon Ranch was good to me too.

WI #6 this am - 1.5 so guess I might have messed up my system eating the red beans over the weekend. Did go to the gym and hopefully I can do better than that. But it's better than nothing or gaining.
Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #33  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
WI this morning. Down 3.2. It's funny how it never seems like enough, but I've never lost weight this quickly before. I know, I'm just a little greedy! LOL

Lots going on in my life and those of my loved ones and so I'm just trying to be more prayerful, stay focused and realize that there are some burdens that aren't mine---and those that are I will have the strength to deal with when I need to. For now, it's one step or one prayer at a time.
CONGRATS!
Old 10-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

It's cold and I want hot chocolate. Does anyone have ideas? Should I try to heat up one of the chocolate drink mix packets or will it turn out gross.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:00 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
It's cold and I want hot chocolate. Does anyone have ideas? Should I try to heat up one of the chocolate drink mix packets or will it turn out gross.
Yes!! the chocolate drink is great as hot chocolate I use more water than the pkg says (a couple of oz. more) Heat it in a large measuring cup on low power or defrost for 30 sec. repeat as needed, but don't let it get too hot. I really like it. Hope this helps
Old 10-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #36  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

I have crossed the halfway mark!!! Happy for a good WI this week. Down another 3.1 pounds. Very excited for how successful IP has been for me!!

Good luck to everyone!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #37  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Yes!! the chocolate drink is great as hot chocolate I use more water than the pkg says (a couple of oz. more) Heat it in a large measuring cup on low power or defrost for 30 sec. repeat as needed, but don't let it get too hot. I really like it. Hope this helps
Big thanks! I'm going to go try it right now.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm so excited to say that at my WI yesterday I was down another 4 pounds which puts me over 20!! I started the beginning of September and I'm so excited. My NSV today was when I was getting in the shower this morning i happened to glance in the mirror. For the first time I really was able to see the weight loss in my legs! I have never felt better about myself.

Now I just need the willpower to resist the temptation of a food day in my honor at work tomorrow since I'm starting a new job! I think the fact that I have done so well will be what I need to succeed!

Thanks for the continuous support!
Jess
Way to go tbf410! What a great scale victory and NSV! Your willpower statement made me think of a quote my friend gave me to hang in my office. "My willpower is stronger than my bad habits."

Today was WI #10. I lost 2. WI day is such a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I'm so excited to weigh in and get more products, I am so nervous that I won't lose as much as I want (and I never do), then I'm depressed after I get on the scale and then as I drive home I think about how far I have come and then feel happy!

This was my week of not eating any restricted products to see if I could get out of the slow loser's club. I guess it didn't make any difference. Yeah, I love the IP bars.

Has anyone had sore ankles? Mine feel achey all the time. My coach had me increase the Potassium to twice a day. Since my coaches seem to do things differently than most, I thought I would ask if anyone else had this problem and if so, what did you find out?

A great NSV for me today....for the first time someone at work who didn't know about me dieting said, "Wow, you look skinny!" Whooohooo, I'm definitly not skinny but I'll take the compliment any day!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #39  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Week 10 weigh-in and down 28 lb and 41 in. in total. A slow week on weight loss - 1.6 lb, but an average loss on inches (4.25 in.) so that is a win for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
I heat mine up all the time with some extra water with cinnamon & all spice. Tasty fall hot cocoa!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Wow - I feel like I've been stuck on a deserted island. My internet was down for over a week. HELLOOOOO IP'ers. Hope everyone is still doing great and keeping motivated. I'm now down 15.2 lbs. Woooo-hooo. Thanksgiving was hard but I managed to stay almost on protocol. It was for sure waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less food than I would have consumed if not on IP. One holiday under my belt. I'm sure I can do the same next time. Cheers everyone.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Totally agree! Chocolate drink = hot chocolate. Also good if you use cold coffee to do the initial mix instead of water. Then heat up slowly in mic. Yummy!!

Also, a note on my love of IP - went to the Dr. yesterday for a checkup. Thanks to IP, my bmi is down to 30 and I am almost out of the "obese" category. I can't wait to be in the "overweight" category and then at long last, I will be in the "normal" category.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM   #42  

I've found my new favorite drink. The chocolate drink mix heated up makes a great hot chocolate. Hot chocolate mix is a major staple in out house when it starts to get cold out. I was getting tired of hot tea. Thanks for all the tips. Weight In is tomorrow in the morning can't wait to get past 167.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:59 PM   #43  

Default quick message for EatAnts and Carla

I'd hoped to finish my work "leftovers" earlier this evening and then, to put some time into thinking about and doing something about my request and your offer. Unfortunately tonight wasn't the night. I'll check in tomorrow evening -- PM, post here, or another thread.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:18 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Finally my first weigh-in!

Drum roll please......

My first weigh-in after 4 weeks of IP: down 11.4 lbs. I had hoped for more!

However....I lost 6 inches...4 of them from my waist!! If you understand insulin resistance, Type II Diabetes, and the danger of abdominal fat, you understand that is just amazing for me. So.... the blessings are:

--I am almost into the 160's
--I am totally off all of my insulin and one blood pressure medicine
--I am wearing jeans that I could not the past several months because of my tummy.

So, I am overall very happy. Moving the ticker.....
Old 10-13-2010, 11:43 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Drum roll please......

My first weigh-in after 4 weeks of IP: down 11.4 lbs. I had hoped for more!

However....I lost 6 inches...4 of them from my waist!! If you understand insulin resistance, Type II Diabetes, and the danger of abdominal fat, you understand that is just amazing for me. So.... the blessings are:

--I am almost into the 160's
--I am totally off all of my insulin and one blood pressure medicine
--I am wearing jeans that I could not the past several months because of my tummy.

So, I am overall very happy. Moving the ticker.....
This is amazing!! Great job, especially on getting off those meds!!!!
Closed Thread