Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #1  
started IP Oct. 15, 2010

S/C/G: 286.5/168/??

Default Favorite IP Meals

Hi, I am over halfway through my first week on IP. Soon I will have to go back and weigh in and decide which foods I want to buy for the next week. So here's where I need your help

Which IP packets are your favorite? For example, I may get the cereal for breakfasts because it's so easy, though other things are easy too, and it's okay after adding some splenda. The omelette wasn't in my starter pack so I haven't tried it or the chili yet.

But yeah, which are your favorites and why? Ease of preparation? Taste?

Thanks.
ShannaSchueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaSchueller View Post
Hi, I am over halfway through my first week on IP. Soon I will have to go back and weigh in and decide which foods I want to buy for the next week. So here's where I need your help

Which IP packets are your favorite? For example, I may get the cereal for breakfasts because it's so easy, though other things are easy too, and it's okay after adding some splenda. The omelette wasn't in my starter pack so I haven't tried it or the chili yet.

Thanks.
Here is what I love, but everyone's tastes are different:

I eat the omelet everyday for breakfast...LOVE it ....my absolute favorite
I drink one vanilla shake a day...enjoy it...put it in my coffee...yummy
So that takes care of 14 of the 21...the rest goes like this
2 chicken soup...very good
2 chocolate shakes...doable
1 chili...great with mushrooms, peppers, etc.
1 garlic and onion soy nuts....LOVE them
1 cappuccino drink

I don't care for the puddings or the jello (although I like both the first 2-3 times I had them) Haven't tried much else...Good luck
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Height: 5'3"

I love the chocolate drink. I drink it for breakfast every morning. I also love the Pina Coloda. The peach mango drink is good, too. The puddings are OK. I don't care for the soups or the jello. I do like the spaghetti. The ready made drinks are ok. The IP bars are all good! Just my opinion!
JollyCrewzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:33 PM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

I, too, eat the omelet almost every day for breakfast. Love it!

I love the chocolate pudding made with 10-12 oz. of water so that it's more like a shake.

I also love the peach-mango, orange, pineapple-banana and pina colada, and I like (a lot) the vanilla pudding.
amylew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

I too eat the omelet about every day for breakfast We have to buy by the box so we only get the 3 boxes and my co-worker gets the cereal and we trade a few of the packs...so thats nice.

I also love the choc drink...warmed up..like hot chocolate...heavenly!

The vanilla pudding is my favorite of the puddings, I liked the jello, the wildberry yogurt drink, cappuccino drink mix, and the blueberry, cranberry & pomegranate drink.

I haven't been on it long enough to try any of the restricted items yet
sngn4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannaSchueller View Post

Thanks.
I like the cereal too, I usually add some splenda, cinnamon and heat in the microwave on reheat for 30-40 seconds.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #7  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Funny how different we all are. I HATE the omelette! but LOVE the cereal. I like the cappuccino, it is a little less sweet. The chocolate drink is great and I love to make it with cinnamon and some cayenne. The vanilla RTD (which I get from new lifestyles) is my staple, probably about 1/3 of my meals when I was in phase 1 and 2. Either mixed with coffee or tea for breakfast, and then as my beverage with a big salad for lunch. The choco-ras bars and the choco-soy puffs are awesome, but I did not eat any restricteds until 6 weeks into the program and kept them to a 1-2 times a week thing as a big treat.

Chili on top of lettuce with some seasoning and onions etc makes a great taco salad lunch.
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I really like the cappuccino on work mornings when I don't feel like cooking an omelette. But I have the omelette both Saturday and Sunday - delicious, especially with mushrooms. With the cappuccino I always add about 1/2 a cup of coffee to the leftover foam.
I like the soups and my favourite drinks are the pina colada, blueberry/cranberry pomegranate, and peach mango.
I have a chocolate pudding every night with a drizzle of WF chocolate sauce on top.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #9  
Started IP 8/29/10

Here are some of my favorites:

Cereal: make it at work each morning for breakfast
Chocolate pudding: make 7 packs at a time, divvy up into ziploc 1 cup containers and take one a day for lunch.
Cappuccino drink: blended with ice - delish!!
Chili - really good when made with mushrooms
Peanut Butter Vanilla bar - yum

Pinky
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 AM   #10  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

It is funny how everyone is different. I had the omlette on my first day and I hated it - and haven't had it again in 6 weeks! I guess I need to try it out again, since I have read here that your tastes can change as we progress through.... Gotta get rid of the other 6 packs somehow, LOL.

I tend to use the pudding mixes as shakes mostly - I like them all, even the Lemon one that tastes somewhat Pledge-like. I love to warm up the chocolate drink as hot chocolate, especially now that it is cold at night. Love the chocolate soy puffs, but I only let myself have them once or twice per week. The cereal is suprisingly good - once i realized that yes, you make it with water, but there is powdered milk in there, so all is OK!

Hated the chicken soup as soup, but I use it in recipes now. Same with the leek soup. Another thing I need to re-try straight up, I guess.

Crepes - hmm, I did something wrong while making them (I am an admittedly non-patient cook!) Then I looked in the recipe section and will be trying them as muffins next. They tasted OK, but not visually appealing (kind of like grayish scrambled eggs - oops.)

My next order I think I am going to try the chili and the cappuccino drink.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #11  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimphin View Post
It is funny how everyone is different. I had the omlette on my first day and I hated it - and haven't had it again in 6 weeks! I guess I need to try it out again, since I have read here that your tastes can change as we progress through.... Gotta get rid of the other 6 packs somehow, LOL.

I tend to use the pudding mixes as shakes mostly - I like them all, even the Lemon one that tastes somewhat Pledge-like. I love to warm up the chocolate drink as hot chocolate, especially now that it is cold at night. Love the chocolate soy puffs, but I only let myself have them once or twice per week. The cereal is suprisingly good - once i realized that yes, you make it with water, but there is powdered milk in there, so all is OK!

Hated the chicken soup as soup, but I use it in recipes now. Same with the leek soup. Another thing I need to re-try straight up, I guess.

Crepes - hmm, I did something wrong while making them (I am an admittedly non-patient cook!) Then I looked in the recipe section and will be trying them as muffins next. They tasted OK, but not visually appealing (kind of like grayish scrambled eggs - oops.)

My next order I think I am going to try the chili and the cappuccino drink.
My first omlete was awful....hated it...powdery and yucky...plus I put veggies in it..which is a no-no in the morning. But now it is my staple....love love love
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #12  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
My first omlete was awful....hated it...powdery and yucky...plus I put veggies in it..which is a no-no in the morning. But now it is my staple....love love love
Wait, we're not supposed to have veggies in the morning? I thought we just had to get them in over the course of the day... The only time that I'm eating veggies in the morning is if I'm having the omelet, but now I'm confused...
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Default Veggies in the Mornings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Wait, we're not supposed to have veggies in the morning? I thought we just had to get them in over the course of the day... The only time that I'm eating veggies in the morning is if I'm having the omelet, but now I'm confused...
I am losing an average of 4.11 pounds a week and I have omelets with veggies on the weekend mornings. It's a treat I don't get during the week. It has not slowed down my progress and it was not on my rule list as a "not to do". I think you are okay.
Dee in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Default Blueberry & Cran-Granate Drink Mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I really like the cappuccino on work mornings when I don't feel like cooking an omelette. But I have the omelette both Saturday and Sunday - delicious, especially with mushrooms. With the cappuccino I always add about 1/2 a cup of coffee to the leftover foam.
I like the soups and my favourite drinks are the pina colada, blueberry/cranberry pomegranate, and peach mango.
I have a chocolate pudding every night with a drizzle of WF chocolate sauce on top.
Keep drinking the Blueberry & Cran-Granate Drink Mix because it has Collagen that helps us not look like a Shar Pei when this is over. The Jello (Jelly they call it) has Collagen also!
Dee in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #15  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Veggies in the morning are a no-no???? I thought we could spread them out throughout the day....just as long as we were getting in our 4 C.
wyoangel is offline   Reply With Quote