Old 10-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Need help with IP strategy for jury duty

I have jury duty next week. I have to leave the house at about 6:30 a.m. in order to report at 8. I have no idea what is allowed in the courthouse, foodwise, or when you get breaks.

So water drinking is a challenge, as is figuring out what I can or cannot take for a meal and a snack. The parking garage is about half a mile from the courthouse, so leaving stuff in my car may not be practical.

Does anyone have experience with what you can take into a court, and what kind of breaks you get for bathroom and refreshments?

I am kind of planning on taking a couple of bars, even though that bumps up the number of restricted items I would have. And I'll drink water on the way home and in the evening to make up for the lack during the day.
Crystal88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 09:51 PM   #2  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

I'm wondering the same thing. I have to report for jury duty Monday morning as well. I plan to drink a rtd on the way there and put a couple of bottled waters in my purse along with a bar. I'm hoping I will be done before lunch!
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 10:26 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. I have to report for jury duty Monday morning as well. I plan to drink a rtd on the way there and put a couple of bottled waters in my purse along with a bar. I'm hoping I will be done before lunch!
Hoping for the same, but trying to plan for worst case scenario (some awful trial.)
Old 10-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

You can bring food and water into most courthouses and most sell (junk) food inside too. If you are sitting on a jury, you will not be able to eat during the hearing but you will get a lunch break. They usually order in food for jurors. You could eat your own food at that time. I would just bring water and whatever food you want in a large purse or briefcase.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

When traveling recently I brought packets of pudding, and crisp cereal, as well as bottled water and a little bowl and just whipped it up when necessary. Rinsed out the bowl and utensils and placed it back in my bag and I was good to go. Just a thought.
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbethin2011 View Post
Willbethin - how did your jury duty go? Did you get released early as you had hoped? Were there any security issues with what you took?
Old 10-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #7  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Willbethin - how did your jury duty go? Did you get released early as you had hoped? Were there any security issues with what you took?
I was wrong on the day. I was scheduled to appear tomorrow and was told to call tonight for further instruction. When I called tonight it turns out that no one needed to report.
How did yours go?
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote