Old 10-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

Default Help!!!!!!

I have to say I've been on the diet now for a little over a month and I am struggling. It started a couple of weeks ago. I became extremely tired (to the point where all I want to do is sleep). And completely moody (which is not how I normally am....I'm normally pretty easy going and patient). I'm not feeling pretty depressed and my anxiety is up (which I take medication for but it feels like it did before I started taking the med's).

I'm pretty much hating life. And really hating this diet. I do have a lot of stress in my life right now but I've never felt this way before. Any suggestions?
MereBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #2  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post
I have to say I've been on the diet now for a little over a month and I am struggling. It started a couple of weeks ago. I became extremely tired (to the point where all I want to do is sleep). And completely moody (which is not how I normally am....I'm normally pretty easy going and patient). I'm not feeling pretty depressed and my anxiety is up (which I take medication for but it feels like it did before I started taking the med's).

I'm pretty much hating life. And really hating this diet. I do have a lot of stress in my life right now but I've never felt this way before. Any suggestions?
Have you tried adding a 4th packet a day to see if that helps? If not, I would give that a try for a week and see if it makes any positive differences.
EatAnts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  
Countdown To Amy

S/C/G: 186 / 204 / 145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Hold tight and ketosis will kick back in

It really sounds like you're not in ketosis - I know this feeling and it is truly grueling but if you can be very, very careful not to stray from the diet (maybe re-read the food guidelines to focus yourself back in again) - and buy some ketosis strips if you haven't already. I would be willing to bet that you've come out of ketosis somehow. For me it was because I was eating salmon and red tuna too often - plus I think that an eggwhite omelet that I ordered at a restaurant was made with butter - and then I squeezed lime on something I ate. All of those things added up through the week and kicked me out. I'm back in now though (it did take 4 days of being really tired and just being patient). Once you're in ketosis it will get so much better and you'll just cruise along. It's worth it - hang in there!
amyniagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:48 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

really focus on what your goals are and why you started IP to begin with. i does suck...especially if your daily diet was full of carbs and sugar. it really is a lifestyle change and i continue to struggle even after losing my 30 lbs. get ketosticks and test daily, weigh yourself daily, "treat" yourself with little goals, a new dress, highlights in your hair, a new workout dvd with every 5 or 10 lb loss. you CAN do this. most importantly come here and let out all of your frustrations, the ladies on this forum are nothing short of amazing to help get your head back into the game. what is your goal? i don't see one on your stats.
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MereBear View Post

These are great suggestions! My first thought was about your thyroid.....if you keep feeling badly please see you doctor to check it out.
Traveling Stitcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:17 AM   #6  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

At about 1 month for me, I was struggling with just one real meal per day & waiting until dinner to eat it. I changed my real meal to lunch time and immediately felt better! I mean, I literally worked from home for the first month and rode the rollercoaster of hating the diet to trying to summons up the courage to continue because the results were great. Not long after changing my real meal to lunch, I also had several Phase 2 days and those days were some of my best as well.

Last week I told my coach I wanted to officially be in Phase 2 because I felt better. He said ok and told me my weight loss might slow down some. I am okay with that. So far, my weight loss has continued to be just as steady as my P1 sister. We've both lost over 30 lbs in 8 weeks. Amazing. Month 2 was much better and I'm now in a much better place for Month 3.

I hope you feel better soon!
advocatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193.3

Height: 5"1'

I checked and I'm still in Ketosis and honestly yesterday was my first cheat. I had a small handful of crutons with my salad. I haven't cheated before that and I'm hoping it doesn't mess things up worse. I talked to my coaches and they suggested taking a total of 6 Omega 3's and 4 of the Anti-Oyx. So I'm going to do that. And just see if it helps. I'm also uping my anxiety med's (per my doctor of course) and adding in an iron supplement (as suggested by my coaches). I'm going to give this a shot to see if it works.
MereBear is offline   Reply With Quote