Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Had my second WI today -- lost 5.2 lbs this week Total Weight Loss in two weeks is 10.8 lbs Needless to say, I am thrilled about that. Bad part: I seem to be retaining water -- Does anybody have any ideas that might help that??
Great Job on your weeks weight loss!! I am very proud of you! It is kinda strange how you and I so far have had the same issues. My water retention in weeks 2 and 3 were really bad, for really no apparent reason. I kinda think it was hormones as my body was trying to have a cycle or something, which I hadn't had in years. I just upped the water like 30 to 40 ounces more, started the nova-lax. I have now started the enzymes and my tummy is great. I also truly believe in the power of celery. Coffee too helps the water issue. Good Luck with all the tips from everyone and keep up the good work Sister in Law!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I have a little chuckle to share about the same thing. I work with Develpmentally Disabled Adults and I was off work all summer because of a surgery that I had on my neck. I was on IP for several weeks before I left and had lost 31 pounds, but no one noticed. I stayed faithful to IP protocol while I was off and lost a total of 72 pounds by the time I went back to work. I was excited because I just new that the individuals that I work with would be so excited for me. I am walking in and all pumped up with expectations and someone stopped me (a client) and welcomed me back and looked me up and down (I was sure she was going to compliment me) and she said, "You look wonderful, you cut all of your hair off didn't you." I guess there are some people that really do see us for what we are inside.
You are right, you must be beautiful inside and out!! Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
MAAAAAAJOR NSV(s) to report:

Ladies and gentlemen....
I bought a pair of size 8 jeans yesterday. Yes. That would be a single digit size. I honestly canNOT remember the last time I was in the single digit sizes. Best part is, the sales lady had to talk me into trying a size 8. I had picked out a pair of 10s and the waist band gapped really bad in the back. She came by my dressing room to ask how I was so I just asked her if this cut of jeans was supposed to gap in the back. She said no, that I needed a smaller size. An 8. I had her repeat herself 2x because I wanted to make sure I heard her correctly. She just laughed about it.

I went and had my first fitting with the new wedding dress today. They are having to take in 2 inches off of my hips and an inch off of my waist. I'll gladly take that. Gladly.

Now on to my 2 hour "break" from IP.
We had our cake testing this afternoon. I only allowed myself one fork of each flavor. That plan worked out really well. I know it'll set me back just a smidge, but I'm not too worried about it. I don't really think I ate enough to make me plateau again. My coach told me to be extremely strict the rest of the weekend and I should be fine. I'm going to take the boot camp approach till at least Tuesday.
Once again, how exciting!! The wedding dress and the size 8!! Great Job also on the cake tasting!! You are doing great!
Old 10-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Default It was easy

I am a carb (pasta) & cheese addict. So what did I do? Invited my son & his girlfriend over for dinner. I asked my son what he would like me to make to go with the chicken breast, salad, & broccoli......he said. "your homemade Mac & cheese". . I am only on day 4. This was a real test of my willpower. I DID IT! Since I do not measure when I cook (except for my IP veggies) I cook by taste. I am very proud of myself. I didn't even taste the cheese sauce for seasoning. I had my son do it. I ate my salad while I made the Mac & cheese so my mouth was busy. IT WORKED! I didn't have even one bite & I didn't feel deprived. I'm ecstatic. I CAN do this.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #48  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
Good Morning Ladies!

I had a major IP Packet OOPSIE! HA HA HA HA!

Chocolate Pancake Mix, wow, it didn't mix right, it cooked terrible, and because I didn't want to waste a packet, I ate a glob of chocolate mush with IP syrup on it. UGH! Not worth it! I should have thrown it out. Wow, I am so glad that my coach only gave me 2 of those to try, cause they are terrible.

My little guy wanted poached eggs and toast this morning, so I decided that I would have a nice sit down breakfast with him today. I should have just ate the eggs! LOL!

Thanks everyone on the congrats on the WL. I am super excited. We had family pictures done yesterday, and for months, I have really stayed away from the camera. It is only with the pictures that I realize how heavy I actually got. But am content in the fact that I am on the way to a new and healthy me.

And, BTW, I didn't manage to get the house cleaned, so I should get on that. I am feeding 8 tomorrow night, and I should probably get ready!

Thanks Journeysend for the menu ideas. I avoided doing a birthday dinner for my son last weekend because I was worried about cooking a big meal only 3 days in. I think I can do it now.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING
I have been told to add 1 egg white to the chocolate pancake, I have not tried that idea. I have been using my chocolate pancake mix to make a muffin, sometimes I frost the muffin with WF chocolate syrup. yummy
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Tminus80 CONGRATULATIONS on losing 52 pounds and getting ready to fall into onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the hard work! Sorry, I wanted to praise your original post, but I couldn't figure out how to carry over your post from Thur into Fridays thread... and now it's Sat. Better late than never...

Off to BUY pants today. Really, it's going to happen. There has to be at least one pant out there that I can't find fault with (lol). I love wearing skirts and dresses, but would really like to have 1 nice looking pant to wear on cold, blustery days. I did figure out if I bought the ridiculously expensive knits I tried on earlier in the week and wore them a minimum of 3 times a month for at least 5 months, then price wise they aren't bad. It's silly I know. I didn't have a problem spending the same amount on a soft shell jacket or pair of
boots, at least with those items I know I'll be wearing them often enough and that they're worth the cost over the long haul.

Ok enough blah blahing about my pants phobia/issue/obsession!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a fabulous start!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians. Sending you lots of "willpower dust"
to stay strong this weekend amongst all of the holiday food. Hoping the focus is on celebrating family, friends and everything you're thankful for. Hugs.
Speaking of pants, I have a major pant problem, a good one though. I have capris, but no long pants and it is turning cooler in north Alabama. I wear capris and sandles as long as I can, but I may not be able to do that as late this year. It seems as I get lighter I tend to get colder in some settings more than I did when I was heavier. I have a few pair of old jeans that I can't wear yet, but jean styles have changed so much. I know I will need a current style to show off my new shape. I hid my old shape as much as possible. Yea! Yea! It feels great not to have to do that. As the weight comes off all of you will agree with me and say the same thing. In May I wore a large blouse or 14 pant. I am wearing a 10 pant and almost to an 8. A small top. I bought a size 6 jacket this week. I just need to get on the ball and find some pants to wear when I have to go from sandles to shoes and socks. Happy shopping to all of you as your body changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
YAY!! I got my ticker!!

Did it work?
Welcome Sally and congrats. You're off to a good start.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Default Choc Muffins

Please oh please. Will you share the chocolate muffin recipe? I am sure it is in the recipe thread but....................there are so many to go thru.
thank you much
Old 10-10-2010, 01:33 AM   #50  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Please oh please. Will you share the chocolate muffin recipe? I am sure it is in the recipe thread but....................there are so many to go thru.
thank you much
It is not really a recipe. The instructions to make a muffin are on the back of the chocolate pancake packet or at least they are printed on my packets. 1 packet makes 1 muffin.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #51  
Started IP May 25,2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am a carb (pasta) & cheese addict. So what did I do? Invited my son & his girlfriend over for dinner. I asked my son what he would like me to make to go with the chicken breast, salad, & broccoli......he said. "your homemade Mac & cheese". . I am only on day 4. This was a real test of my willpower. I DID IT! Since I do not measure when I cook (except for my IP veggies) I cook by taste. I am very proud of myself. I didn't even taste the cheese sauce for seasoning. I had my son do it. I ate my salad while I made the Mac & cheese so my mouth was busy. IT WORKED! I didn't have even one bite & I didn't feel deprived. I'm ecstatic. I CAN do this.
That was a good idea to eat your salad while you prepared a dish that you were choosing not to eat. I have been on this plan since May 25th. and I have not felt deprived of any food. I am enjoying the plan and loosing weight, feels great. Judy
Old 10-10-2010, 03:37 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

Hi all - back from the Magic Kingdom. Didn't worry about "diet" though I took my packets and all. Though I ate things off program, I found that I was making much better choices -smaller portions, picking lower carb foods, and was walking. Came back and am down 2 pounds. I want to thank all who gave advice and input on the subject of changing weight goal and phasing out and restarting or just continuing on. I'm still coming to terms with what I want to do. The input is helping me make that decision.
Jean
Old 10-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #53  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
Hi all - back from the Magic Kingdom. Didn't worry about "diet" though I took my packets and all. Though I ate things off program, I found that I was making much better choices -smaller portions, picking lower carb foods, and was walking. Came back and am down 2 pounds.
Sounds as though you had a really good time.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi All,

Just wanted to post quickly before I head to my mom's for several days. My weigh in yesterday was frustrating to say the least. My coach has the scale on carpet--first it said 304.6, then it said 311.2, then she wanted to be sure I was standing on the censors, and it said 308. Then we did it again, at my insistence just to be sure and it said 305.4--WTF!!!

Yesterday my home scale said 311.2, and today it says 310.4, and I believe this more than 305.4. I'm feeling frustrated because I can't celebrate the scale victory of 305.4, which I would really, really like to do. The 305.4 may be the "official" weigh-in amount, but I'm going to go with today's 310.4 so as not to set myself up for a big disappointment after the upcoming off-protocol time.

My coach is a lovely person, but it's just common knowledge, common sense, and written on the instructions of every scale ever sold that it must be placed on a firm even surface, and not on carpet. Sheesh! Next time, I'm bringing a piece of plywood to put the scale on!

Anyway, that's my little saga. Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great autumn weekend everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

Jackie
We have the same problem with our coach's scale. Both my husband and I are on the program, and we have taken to weighing ourselves at home, with clothes on, just before we leave for the official WI. Last week the scale was 4.5 pounds off, the week before it was 10 pounds, and this week it was off 2 1/2 pounds.
So I am using our trusty mechanical health-o-meter as my official scale. It's consistent and can be properly calibrated. The electronic ones are very fussy.
Like you, we have thought of taking a piece of plywood to our WI!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:48 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Another beautiful day in WV! My husband and I are going for a mountain drive to enjoy the colorful leaves. I hope to find a nice place for a stroll too. I wish everyone a wonderful day!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #56  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Like you, we have thought of taking a piece of plywood to our WI!
That won't help, unfortunately. The carpet below the plywood will still absorb some of your weight, causing the scale to show a lower reading.

I'm a little miffed at my clinic. Went for my first weigh in and the scale showed a 22 pound loss. The "clinician" was about to record it without a second thought until I gave her a polite verbal dope slap. Second weigh in was about the same, with a 15 pound loss. This time she asked if that was right. Finally I checked the batteries in the scale (it's a wireless tanita bf 1000), and found the original no-name batteries in it. They've apparently been in there for almost a year. ughh.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
I'm a little miffed at my clinic. Went for my first weigh in and the scale showed a 22 pound loss. The "clinician" was about to record it without a second thought until I gave her a polite verbal dope slap. Second weigh in was about the same, with a 15 pound loss. This time she asked if that was right. Finally I checked the batteries in the scale (it's a wireless tanita bf 1000), and found the original no-name batteries in it. They've apparently been in there for almost a year. ughh.
Wow your clinic is lucky to have you as a customer/dieter! tedski Think of the aggravation you've saved other people who go there.

Some of the recent conversations reminded me of a cookbook I bought several (??) years ago, "Low Carb Meals in Minutes" I was able to put my hands on my copy. She's got 6 weeks of menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, split into 3 sections: 25-30 carbs/day, 75 g/day and 125-130 g/day. If you see it at a used book store or can pick up a copy, it could be well worth your time and money. As I start to use some of the recipes, I'll let you know and may post them in the recipe thread with whatever modifications I make to have it fit with IP.
Title: Low Carb Meals in Minutes
Author: Linda Gassenheimer
Publisher: Bay Books & Tapes (Oct 2000)
ISBN-10: 157959512X
ISBN-13: 978-1579595128

Drinking water Normally I get 64 oz of water in well before noon. This week my schedule has been a bit disrupted and I haven't been as faithful to routine of filling and emptying my water bottle. All day Thursday and Friday, and Saturday morning I was CRANKY On my 2-hour drive for Thanksgiving with family, I had 48 oz of water and lots of sunshine. I continued to drink water, probably another 48 oz, through the afternoon. By 7 pm I felt normal, the crankiness was gone.

Old-new rule for me: Drink water.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-10-2010 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
Hi, welcome to the gang! How wonderful that you are incorporating your hubby into this new way of eating. My husband also has foregone rice, potatoes and bread with dinner and is eating protein and veggies with me instead.

I am a cruise lover myself and am going on one next weekend for 7 days. I'm taking all my IP foods and though I've heard "What? You are going on a cruise and staying of diet? Bringing your food??!!", it doesn't deter me or move me a bit from my eating plan. I've emailed the cruise line already and told them "I'm allergic to dairy and carrots". So they will prepare my food separate from everyone elses. I plan to do my shake or egg white omelet w/ veggies in the a.m, try to do my best eating only veggies and IP shake for lunch (But I won't beat myself up if I ending up eating a small amount of chicken/meat also for lunch), and for dinner chicken/meat/fish and steamed veggies - plain (remember, I'm allergic to butter - LOL). I might take my pudding for dessert or just have some coffee with my IP boxed vanilla shake.

I'll let you know how I do. Last WI I'm down 15 lbs. Next weigh in is Monday. I am SOOOOO excited with my results, my motivation factor is HIGH to do well.

I LOVE IP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so impressed with your planning! That is wonderful! I always find that half the battle is planning ahead. You are going to do great. I'm so excited for you. There's nothing better than being on deck, listening to the steel drum music and pulling away from port knowing you have the whole week ahead to relax and have fun! Have a GREAT time! Where are you cruising?
I'm anxious to hear all about it.
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Last week there was a discussion regarding salad dressing. My clinic gave me this recipe that was developed by one of the doctors there. I will also post it in the recipe thread - have to work on getting my 20 posts in - I want that ticker!

Salad Dressing - Great on spinach salad

1/2 C Splenda
2 T Sesame Seeds
1 T Poppy Seeds
1 1/2 tsp Minced Onions
1/4 tsp Worchestershire Sause
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
1/2 C Olive Oil

I omit the poppy seeds because I usually don't have those. I use this twice a day. I love it! Sometimes, I add a bit of cayanne pepper!
Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #60  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Just popping in to say a quick hello! I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I spent yesterday shopping with a girl friend of mine. It was only the second time I have been shopping with anyone. It turns out she is the same size as I am now! That is weird because I don't see myself as her size. It was so strange to be passing clothes back and forth saying "these are the wrong cut for me, will they work for you?" LOL... it was a fun experience. Anyway, we both walked out with about 3 pair of pants and a few tops. I found a really cute fall dress with long sleeves. It is nice to be thin enough in the thighs that I can wear dresses and skirts again. I got to the point I avoided it because my thighs would rub so much they would hurt.

Today my plan is to take the dogs for a walk and time at the dog park. Then I need to evaluate my dad's property for any hail damage. So far we have all 4 cars hail damaged, the roof and 2 skylights. I have insurance adjustors coming this week for those things. I need to climb on top of the camper, toy hauler and, untarp the jetskis to see if anything happened to them. I didn't find any landscape damaged and the windows to the house all seem to be without cracks or chips.

I have lived in the desert here for 40 years, I don't think I have ever seen a hail storm like the one this week! The "balls" were as big as baseballs and had these crazy spikes coming off them. The winds were so horrible. We don't get tornados so, this is probably the worst of the winds I have ever seen (outside of a microburst and that is different).

After that, I get time with my nephews. My sister is moving into a new home and since they have enough people to help with the move, I offered to watch the kids. My food is all packed and I am ready to go! I think we might take some time at the railroad park here in town. They are having a special event with train rides, games and prizes, and facepainting. Not sure the boys care about face paint but, they love the rides!

Everyone have a fabulous sunday!
Closed Thread