Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 12:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Tminus80 CONGRATULATIONS on losing 52 pounds and getting ready to fall into onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the hard work! Sorry, I wanted to praise your original post, but I couldn't figure out how to carry over your post from Thur into Fridays thread... and now it's Sat. Better late than never...

Off to BUY pants today. Really, it's going to happen. There has to be at least one pant out there that I can't find fault with (lol). I love wearing skirts and dresses, but would really like to have 1 nice looking pant to wear on cold, blustery days. I did figure out if I bought the ridiculously expensive knits I tried on earlier in the week and wore them a minimum of 3 times a month for at least 5 months, then price wise they aren't bad. It's silly I know. I didn't have a problem spending the same amount on a soft shell jacket or pair of
boots, at least with those items I know I'll be wearing them often enough and that they're worth the cost over the long haul.

Ok enough blah blahing about my pants phobia/issue/obsession!

Hope everyone's weekend is off to a fabulous start!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you Canadians. Sending you lots of "willpower dust"
to stay strong this weekend amongst all of the holiday food. Hoping the focus is on celebrating family, friends and everything you're thankful for. Hugs.

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-09-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Good Morning all,
Well I think I am officially part of the slow losers club. 3 weeks and 10lbs down. I know that should sound good, but it just doesn't. I think about the cost per pound to get to goal and it frightens me. I think I am frustrated because our clinic has not allowed me anything off the restricted list, and no restricted veg...and no juggling of when I eat the foods. If I was losing weight faster I could understand it. But at this rate I am afraid I won't be able to afford to stay on IP until I hit goal.

On a happier note I found a good way to get my olive oil in. I mixed about a cup of ice and about 100 mls water a scoop of WF marshmallow dip and a peach mango drink. I put a tsp of olive oil in and blended it. A nice tasty creamy shake!

Have a great thanksgiving all!
Don't get discouraged my first week was 7 lbs then my second and third were not good at all. I was where you are. My hormones were wacky and had to get Big C issues all taken car of then things started moving. I started this July 2 and am at have lost almost 40 pounds. I didn't use any restricted until last week, that is just adding more carbs. Don't give up it truly works, you can do it!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!
You and I are the same I think! We carried our weight well and wore appropriate clothes for our "lumpy" bodies I have lost the same weight and I rarely get any comments. But the biggest thing is I notice! I can see it! I can feel it! And one day everyone else will too! I think when I hit the 140s people will start with the OMGs and all that until then its all about me! Don't get discouraged and don't throw out any more old pics because your going to want to remember how you looked and felt when you were fat so that you never let yourself get that way again.

Well its back to the kitchen for my I am prepping major amounts of food for a huge thanksgiving feast! HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY FELLOW CANADIANS!
Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #19  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

just want to add my Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all our Canadian friends, and as makeitmatter said, willpower dust on all your gatherings. You have chosen the right path and your families are thankful you are with them this day.

I am thankful the NHL season has started
Old 10-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

Just wanted to post quickly before I head to my mom's for several days. My weigh in yesterday was frustrating to say the least. My coach has the scale on carpet--first it said 304.6, then it said 311.2, then she wanted to be sure I was standing on the censors, and it said 308. Then we did it again, at my insistence just to be sure and it said 305.4--WTF!!!

Yesterday my home scale said 311.2, and today it says 310.4, and I believe this more than 305.4. I'm feeling frustrated because I can't celebrate the scale victory of 305.4, which I would really, really like to do. The 305.4 may be the "official" weigh-in amount, but I'm going to go with today's 310.4 so as not to set myself up for a big disappointment after the upcoming off-protocol time.

My coach is a lovely person, but it's just common knowledge, common sense, and written on the instructions of every scale ever sold that it must be placed on a firm even surface, and not on carpet. Sheesh! Next time, I'm bringing a piece of plywood to put the scale on!

Anyway, that's my little saga. Thanks for letting me vent.

Have a great autumn weekend everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadians!

Jackie
Old 10-09-2010, 01:31 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 188/153/138

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

WonderCar An IP cruise - how fun! I can see it now, all of those chefs mixing packets for everyone! We are heading to the Western Caribbean on board the Allure of The Seas. It is a huge ship that will make its inaugural launch in December. I can't wait to see it!

Medicmom I had to laugh at your packet mishap! I had that happen to me except with the crepes. I ended up with a glob of wheat smelling stuff. I did the same thing - covered it in Waldens Farm Chocolate syrup and ate it with a spoon. It was ok, I wouldn't buy it again, but it reminded me of cream of wheat.

Ciebelle I'm right there with you - being in the slow losers club. At 3 weeks I was at 11.5. I thought that was great! Then after that I slowed down to 1 - 2.5 pounds a week. It may not seem like a lot, but it all adds up and, unlike other diets, I don't yo-yo all around. My coach had me add in one restricted item at 4 weeks. I think that may have contributed to my lower losses although she insists it doesn't do that. I haven't had a restricted item since Tuesday, so we will see if that is a factor at Wednesday's WI. Even if the weight isn't coming off as fast as I would like, I have lost inches and I just plain feel better! So, keep motivated - 10 pounds is 10 pounds less than you were and 10 pounds closer to goal!

Pegsi Yes, you are right, we are the same! I am so happy with what I have accomplished so far and like you said, "I can see it! I can feel it!" I keep telling myself - OK when I lose 5 more then people will notice. But, I am doing this for ME, not them! I think another reason they don't notice is because I have dieted so many times before that they have already seen me at this weight.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

I realized I can have a signature now, so had to try it out!

Hey Cie, don't be discouraged, 10 lbs in 3 weeks on any other diet would be AMAZING! You have less to lose than some (like me), so it probably would come off a little slower. But I bet if you stick with it you'll see one of those bigger weeks soon.

Now I REALLY have to go get my chores done!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #23  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus Day everyone. Please don't have a glass of wine for me. Oh, and happy approaching 10.10.10 for the numerologists out there. Are you listening, Yoko?

Last edited by Linden; 10-09-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #24  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post

A cruise company should offer a cruise for IPers.
I have this daydream about an IP reunion or something similar. So many times I've wished I could meet someone who's just posted something witty, or thoughtful, or helpful, or just plain nice. I've never before had the experience of having friends that I've never met. It's constantly fun, encouraging, helpful, and simply satisfying. But every now and again I can't help thinking how very nice it would be to actually meet someone; maybe talk about something other than IP; or compare notes; or just share an undemanding, no-baggage attached, good meal with good conversation and great company. Maybe it's because I'm so far away from everyone else, but distance isn't really an issue when we can communicate this way. It's a really pleasant daydream.

Last edited by Linden; 10-09-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Good Morning all,
Well I think I am officially part of the slow losers club. 3 weeks and 10lbs down. I know that should sound good, but it just doesn't. I think about the cost per pound to get to goal and it frightens me. I think I am frustrated because our clinic has not allowed me anything off the restricted list, and no restricted veg...and no juggling of when I eat the foods. If I was losing weight faster I could understand it. But at this rate I am afraid I won't be able to afford to stay on IP until I hit goal.

On a happier note I found a good way to get my olive oil in. I mixed about a cup of ice and about 100 mls water a scoop of WF marshmallow dip and a peach mango drink. I put a tsp of olive oil in and blended it. A nice tasty creamy shake!

10 pounds in 3 weeks is GREAT! You should be really happy with that. I looked back at mine and I was only at 7 in that same amount of time -- you'll get there. When's the last diet you lost that in 3 weeks? I can't explain it either, but the losses are uneven -- don't give up, just keep on doing the protocal and suddenly, you'll drop a bunch of weight.

In fact, it happened to me today. I've been stuck at 130 on my home scale for about a week. I was just about to throw my hands up and decide that my body was just never meant to go into the 120's, when it happened this morning...128!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited. I haven't seen this weight since high school or college, and since I've burned more fat on this diet, I'm thinner than I think I've been since I was 14!

I nearly took a photo with my iPhone, I was so excited. And honestly, I knew it when I woke up. I've been in what Carla has called 'the fat burning place' for a few days. (Was it Carla? When you can just tell that your body is burning the fat??) I haven't felt hunger or really a desire for food...which what happens before I drop weight suddenly. My final weigh in before moving to phase 3 is Friday. I'm excited -- and I'm going to make them MEASURE me one last time, then it's my last trip to that clinic.

Welcome to the newbies, happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians!
Old 10-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Had my WI on Tuesday. Down 4 more pounds. Only 35 to go. I keep changing my goal, lower and lower. Anyone know what a healthy weight is? How do you determine what's healthy?
Old 10-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #27  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyCrewzer View Post
I have been lurking around for 3 months now. I guess it's time to introduce myself! I have been on IP for 2 months and Love it! I found this forum, like so many others, trying to dig up reasons that I shouldn't spend the time or money on 'another diet that doesn't work'. Boy, was I shocked when all I found were positive things about IP and all of the wonderful inspiration on this site. Congrats to all of you on your weight losses and your great attitudes. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful tips!

According to my NWI, I am down 26 pounds in 9 weeks. I know this is great because I have gone from a size 16 to a size 10. Yeah!!! But, it is still frustrating that no one, who doesn't know that I have been dieting, has noticed, or at least said anything. The other frustrating thing is, my DH decided to eat like me and lose some weight. We have used alternative products for him and HIS version of the diet. (He still has beer or mixed drinks on the weekend, he can use any salad dressing he chooses, he can have peanuts or ice cream if he NEEDS it, he has to have meat with his lunch and on Fridays - he can have a breakfast burrito from some fast food place! ) This is the frustrating part - in 12 days he has lost 14 pounds!!!! My DD came home from college yesterday and says, "Dad, you've lost weight!" WTH????

I'm truly excited for both of us. We are going on another cruise in January and I hope we are both healthy and fit by then! I threw every picture of me from our last cruise away because of how terrible I looked. Looking forward to the next cruise pictures!

You are truly my IP friends, I know no one else doing IP! Keep on Posting, you guys are great!!
I know it can be frustrating when no one seems to notice, then the DH breezes in and drops the weight super easy!!!! My DH has worn the same size pants since college - a 32" waist for goodness sakes. He is soon to be 63 yo and eats ice cream every single night of his life. Every night. I'm talking even if we eat out and have dessert (not me anymore). Aaarrggghhhh!! Keep up your work, it will pay off in how good you feel about yourself!!

I had a really stressful week last week, a big stress almost each day. When I went in for my weigh in I lost half a pound!!! I almost cried! I stuck to the plan except for one day when I didn't drink all of my water. That was it!! But my coach told me that I did lose inches and stress plays a big role in weight loss. So, today, I am vowing to make myself a priority for once. I always take a back seat to the kids, the DH and even the dogs for goodness sake! I am back on the water today!! Even though the numbers for me don't look great, I am still going down and I can see it in my clothing. And I feel so much better! I hope you all do too!

Going to practice my deep breathing today to help calm myself. I am living with two teenagers and one is away at college for the first time.
Breathe!!! Breathe!!

Thanks for being here, my IP friends. Happy turkey day to the Canadians here! I hope you enjoy your time with friends and family.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:57 PM   #28  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Special prayers and all good wishes to CC!! I so enjoy reading your posts.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #29  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Good Morning all,

Ciebelle, you can add me to the slow losers club too! BUT WE'RE NOT ONLY LOSING BUT NOT GAINING!!!!! YAY us!!!!

I'll take it!! Stay strong, it will soon be gone!!!
Old 10-09-2010, 03:11 PM   #30  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

YAY!! I got my ticker!!

Did it work?
Closed Thread