Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joplin View Post
I just returned from a 3 day conference, which included an extremely decadent dessert festival presented by our Culinary Arts department. I am proud to say that I declined everything! I said no to the multitude of cheese cakes, truffles, crepes, homemade ice creams, etc!
I quietly nibbled on my low-cal protein bar, which quelled any cravings I was having. I returned from the conference with a 2lb loss. Way to go Jan!
Good Going!!! That would be difficult for me as well...anything chocolate???
You should be very proud of yourself...have a very Happy Thanksgiving
Old 10-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Default ugh .... up .25 pound!

Well, I knew it wasn't going to be a good week, lots going on here and while I didn't "cheat" until yesterday when I just had to have a rice krispie treat , I also didn't follow protocol like I should of ... skipping veggies, skipping lunch altogether, not getting enough water. At least the week is over and I can start anew.
The key to this plan is preparation. I have been so busy, I haven't chopped my veggies or planned meals in advance, and this is what I get. So, it's back to bootcamp for me.

congrats to everyone else with positive WIs!! You shall be my inspiration!

Old 10-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I have a question about measuring vegetables....Since I have been on IP, I have always used fresh vegetables, but as winter comes along, I know that the fresh vegetables will be less available, quality will be poorer and they will be more expensive. So, if I switch to some canned veggies---thinking for now asparagus and mushrooms how do I do the measurements? I know a cup of canned mushrooms is much more than a cup of raw mushrooms cooked.
My coach won't allow canned at all. Only fresh or frozen.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

btw fyi

I didn't do the one week back to phase 1. Did it all of yesterday and by night I was a zombie; then today I remembered what TOM might start early if I do this which means mexico would be ruined. Then I decided that I rather be energetic and able to to do stuff for this week than act and be like a zombie and not get anything done. probably wont wear a bikini top but whatever, life is too short.

honestly I wouldn't mind loosing the little pooch that I have BUT now is not the time for reasons to follow
1- TOM being messed up 2- not being able to hit the gym as hard as I want 3- I have so much to take care of and 3 days of no energy was not going to help that 3- maybe the few pounds that I might have lost would have gone from my face and tummy! then what???

Last edited by pitakitten; 10-08-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM   #50  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

YIPPEEEEE.....made my 50 lbs weight loss....actually 54-3/4 lbs by losing FIVE LBS this week (week 18).....I'm beyond excited..,.plan to get to my original 60 lbs lost and then probably set a new goal for 15 lbs more....and then see what I think. Should keep me on the straight and narrow over the holidays. LOL

Marilyn

How do I start a new thread? I wanted to post there.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I just returned from a 3 day conference, which included an extremely decadent dessert festival presented by our Culinary Arts department. I am proud to say that I declined everything! I said no to the multitude of cheese cakes, truffles, crepes, homemade ice creams, etc!
I quietly nibbled on my low-cal protein bar, which quelled any cravings I was having. I returned from the conference with a 2lb loss. Way to go Jan!
Wow I personally am very proud of you. That would be a bit of a hardship for me.
I have to admit I am feeling a little down, not for any real reason but I want to eat today eat eat EAT!!!! I am doing good so far but I am seriously considering going to bed and its only 5:30 here. I can't say if its my TOM because mine is excessivly random but I keep thinking dirty thoughts; licorice was always my go to and its in my head but it has alot of company today.
Thanks for listening
Old 10-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #52  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Just got back from my weigh in. I had weighed in Monday but was near my clinic this afternoon so I decided to go ahead and weigh in early even though it had only been four days. I hit the 20 pounds lost mark today. I even managed to lose 2 inches off my waist. Finally the waist is starting to shrink. This is my 44th day on IP. I keep a journal and count the days and what I have done on that day. The first diet that has actually worked for me!

IP WORKS!
Old 10-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well, yesterday was a crazy day, so I just went through yesterday and today's threads. Couple o' comments on yesterdays:

Kaarin: Wine. I know. Here's the deal -- I often go to wine events where you have the opportunity to taste lots of wines -- at those events, (and frankly, almost all others) I just decided I would spit. Most of them have spit buckets anyway, because its too much for everyone to consume all the wines. I grabbed a cup that was supposed to be used for water, and consumed then spit it out. I enjoyed many, many wine events that way. Only one person was ever offended, and I just told them I was the DD. Worked out great! It didn't impact me at all those weeks, either, so if any of the wine did absorb even through the mouth, it wasn't enough to make a difference. I once tasted through 60 wines in one afternoon this way, and lost 3.5 pounds.

Make it Matter: I am in exactly the same spot with the mind/brain problems around sizing -- I am still having trouble grabbing the smaller sizes in the store, and even when I get them home, they don't pull out far enough for me. I posted about it a few weeks ago, but the sales clerk at a store actually had a mini-intervention in the dressing room that I was a smaller size. Yesterday I thought I still had my size 6 skirt folded when I tried to put it on, thinking there was no way THAT was going over my legs. Um, it did, and it was LOOSE, after having bought it two weeks ago. I did start trying to put my old clothes on to help the brain catch up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Just back from WI #15 and I'm down 2lbs for a total of 35!

...and yes, I lowered my goal weight. I figured why not. I'm doing pretty good on the plan. ....and I've never been 150 in my adult life so this will be a whole new experience for me.

150 by the wedding day. I've got 2 months to make it happen. Ready, set, GO!
WHOO HOO! I'm now thinner than I've ever been, and it feels great. I'm glad I decided to keep going. My only concern...is....well, you aren't going to need a THIRD wedding dress, are you?

Kind of a cool thing today -- NSV of sorts, but not just for me. I have this meeting that is about once a month, and I'm constantly battling the kind of food they bring in. I usually just bring my own, but this was at a nice hotel, no go on that one (it would have been...strange). So, I'd stressed about it last week, asked her about the menu early (like I always do...), and what do you know, there was an IP friendly choice on there, and veggies as a snack. Score!

So today, I went to thank the assistant in charge of ordering for making it easier, and she said "I decided that the way you were eating was better for everyone, so we're just going to have healthier meeting meals. Like it or not, no more pizza!" She then went on to say that she'd learned what I could and couldn't eat from all my menu changes, and just made sure I'd only have to make small adjustments to make it work. WOW! First, it was so incredibly nice of her, and second, it's just one meal, but an impact on everyone, sort of.

Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! Make sure you add all your terrific Thanksgiving Menu Ideas to the recipe thread so your US sisters (and Dave ) can steal from your ideas!

Last edited by JessicaCourez; 10-08-2010 at 08:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
I am showing my ignorance here...........I keep hearing about "the book" is it an E-book? Where can I find it?
If you scroll back to the beginning of this thread, before the messages start, there is a link to the pdf file of the book.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Way to go indeed! You exhibited character as well as a determination to do what's right for yourself in the long run. Not only impressive, but inspiring.

By the way, I agree that the bars make a wonderful dessert. When we were just starting the program, we had some friends for dinner. I didn't want to make a big fuss about the IP program, but I served all IP friendly dishes, plus some roasted potatoes. For dessert we cut a couple of bars up so they looked like petit fours, put them on a pretty plate, and the guests loved them! The next day they called to thank us and said that not only was the food delicious, they felt good after eating it instead of the way most fancy dinners make them feel.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #56  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

quick check in.. finally got online again...Haven't read postings these past days...

I had very busy nonstop week of taking aging mom + stepdad to different dr appts DAILY..then to 2 hospitals for more tests..I started the week on the plan.. and yes I let stress get the best of me, Stepdad's cancer may have spread to the bone, and mom's thyroid is way off so she needs thy meds.. she is so tired all the time, and looks it!!!! (so I've been off the plan a few days now, but making better choices). I will begin strong again TOMMORROW!!!
Also,we just found out, police in ohio have found the 2 killers (of my nephew last year),and made arrests.
My tummy's doing flip flops right now, I know it's stress ....taking a tums and going to bed.. I appreciate if you send up a prayer for me. Thanks..Good nite!
Old 10-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Melissa I hope you are feeling better soon!! Have a great weekend

We are having a busy weekend ahead of us, I am hosting our Thanksgiving feast on Sun. Making it IP friendly as there are 4, yep I said 4 family members doing this wonderful eating program!!! Roasted cauliflower, IP broccoli salad, huge lettuce salad, mashed turnips, IP friendly cabbage-roll casserole, raw veggie tray, turkey and butterscotch pudding with pumpkin pie spice!! And that is just for us IP'ers!!!!!!No need to feel left out with all that great food. Oh yes I will be making the other usual food for the rest of the family....

My Dad's 89th Birthday is on Thanksgiving Sunday too...
Thank you Gaile! Happy Thanksgiving and I Wish I was there to try some of that delicious sounding food. Have a great time

Last edited by bookie; 10-08-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:19 PM   #58  

[QUOTE=Traveling Stitcher;3513712]Sorry you are not feeling well. It makes it a lot harder to just function, let alone keep up with work, home, diet, etc.

That is the truth. Thank you for your kind thoughts. Have a great weekend

Last edited by bookie; 10-08-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Carla, Linden, Soon to B, and everyone else who said Hi the other day when I popped in, HI back to you! I'm going to the endocrinologist today, so it seems like I should be here sharing with you all!!! I'll come back this evening and tell you all what I find out!

I've missed you all! Talk to you soon!
I pray that all goes well at the doctor
Old 10-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
Good morning everyone!! It's Friday!

One of the hardest parts of my frequent traveling is not doing a weekly weigh-in. I have done some random weights at the various clinic that I work in, and I KNOW am losing. My favorite belt has been tightened 2 notches, my pants are baggy, and my tops are looser. My face is also noticeably thinner. My first weigh-in (after 4 weeks of IP) will be next Wednesday. I have been in touch with my coach/diabetes educator twice to adjust, then discontinue my insulin. I am really looking forward to weigh-in, just to satisfy my curiosity.

Stay tuned!

Debbie
I can't wait to hear the good news of how much you have lost. Congratulations on being off of the insulin
Closed Thread