Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:43 PM   #31  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Originally I had thought I would get to 160 and then see if I wanted to go further, but I decided I will aim low, and stop wherever feels right. I was going to stop and take a month or two off but then I was like in that month or two I could have been finished! It's all about my lower body now. I have barely lost any inches through my thighs and calves, and that is what I hate the most about my body, so I'm not ready to give up!!
This is the best, and easiest, way I know of reducing hips, thighs, and stomach.

Is there any possible way you could work up to 10,000 steps a day for at least 5 days a week? Doesn't have to be all at once. In bad weather, a trip to Wal-Mart (without stopping to look at stuff or, heaven forbid, buy) = 2,000 steps easily. Costco = 3,000 easily. 1,000 at lunch just walking around the building you work at? If the weather is fair, take a one-on-one meeting outside for a walk. It speeds up the discussion and both of your moods will probably improve.

This may be totally idiosyncratic to me. But I find it the easiest, cheapest, and most energizing way to get rid of weight off of hips and thighs. Hope this helps.

Don't walk too late at night because you may have so much energy you can't get to sleep easily.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:00 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I know I have seen this somewhere before.....but any recommendations for cough drops/syrups that won't kick me off the wagon? I was sooooooo fighting temptation to pop a cough drop yesterday. Ugh. Colds blow (literately!) I swear if I teach my students anything this year.....it will be to COVER THEIR MOUTH! UGH!
Sorry you have a cold! I know Halls make a "sugar-free" cough drop (Black Cherry flavor isn't bad) but I have not checked them out to see what type of sweetener, total carbs, etc. Take care of yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now a member of the "losing hair club".

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I can do to combat this? I realllly don't want to be bald for my wedding. I don't think it would make for great pictures.
Soon 2 B--I know it is distressing! This is medically known as "telegen effluvium". Google it, and it will make sense....change in diet is one of the triggers. It is temporary. Carla's supplement suggestions won't hurt anything, and might help. I'm sure if you have a good hairdresser for the wedding, she will be able to work with it! Concentrate on all the really great "losses" you have from IP. Can't wait to see the pictures of your "new" wedding dress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
My family came home from two months in France, Spain and Morocco...my grandson says he has "half the grandma he had before", my daughter said "you're so tiny" so now they think I should be done....but I'm not..They will have to deal with it. I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually look at myself in a fullview mirror!!!

The friend who got me interested in IP lives in Tampa and he came over on my coast yesterday and couldn't believe what had happened to me...he said "where did you go"? You have half the behind and half the bust you had. It was really a NSV day for me!!!!

By the way, I also pick something to wear that doesn't weigh a lot on my WI days..it's an old habit.

Marilyn
Wow! Those are some really great NSVs!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Gained .1 pound on my weigh in but lost a couple of inches. I like the loss of inches, but the weight needs to come off too, so we are looking at options to switch things up a bit. I had gone to all non-restricted packets other than on the days when I do lots of dancing and so she'd like me to have a restricted packet a day and see what happens. If I don't see change by the weekend then I may try another option.

I expect weeks like this will happen and so, while I'm disappointed, I'm not defeated.
Love your great attitude. No wonder you have been so successful so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hello all. I've been avoiding 3fc like the plague since my vow to stay on protocol last Thursday. Had a rough break up with the boyfriend of 2 years on top of one of the most stressful school weeks of my life. Therefore, I did not even come close to following plan. On the bright side, I did tend to eat smaller portions of healthier options then I used to would have back before I started this program. Oh and did I mention last week was TOM? Needless to say, when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning I was unimpressed. I drank a ton of water yesterday though and dropped 3 lbs over night. Ha it's crazy how our bodies work. Regarding hairloss, I feel like I've always had a lot come out in the shower and so on.. so if it's happening now, I don't notice a difference. I'm still trying to make 20 lbs. by Halloween. It's going to be extra tough after the train wreck this weekend. Fortunately, I'm only up 2 lbs. from last week and I'm willing to bet it's just water retention seeing as how I didn't even gain 5 lbs. back after being off plan all summer long. I don't think one weekend of being very cautious about my choices could make me gain 5 lbs. LOL. I remember reading similar stories from those of you who have had TOMS and been shocked to wake up and see a 5 or 6 lb. weight gain only to have it all come off within the next few days. This is encouraging. Well congrats to everyone who stayed strong this past week. Have a wonderful day
Aw, gee, don't avoid us, even when you know you are not doing well! Can I suggest a different idea during those tough time of life? I have found IP to actually siimplify my life when I am really busy/stressed. I don't really have to think much.....just eat a salad and drink a packet. Very few decisions to make. I think this has helped me.....and I hope your life starts going better now!
Old 10-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #33  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Question about I P-specific supplements

Many times people have talked about taking anti-oxidant and omega 3 supplements. Are these specific to IP and supplied by your coach? The only supplements I have been offered are magnesium (which I can't swallow, even broken up), potassium, both with calcium; Digestion Advanced Formula, Fat-Sugar Formula, and Novi-Lax.

Could someone please tell me what the anti-oxidant and omega 3 supplements are?
Old 10-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #34  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post

Could someone please tell me what the anti-oxidant and omega 3 supplements are?
I am able to buy them through work (IP) but the Canadian rep said it would be ok to get them at the pharmacy, too. I have never bought them. It's on my phase one sheet and in my food journal, but they were always optional.

PS.. I am going to try the walk 10,000 steps thing! I have a pedometer, too, I should use it and see what I am at. I am always on my feet when I am working, but mostly standing in one place... It's not a long walk around a massage table. But I had heard about going to the mall and walking the entire mall before going into any stores.. Thanks!

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 10-06-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:02 PM   #35  
Sept. 2, 2010

S/C/G: 155.8/144.4/135

Height: 5'6"

I hope you feel better soon. I know how hard it is to work with kids. When you just want to crawl back in bed.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #36  

Quote:
PS.. I am going to try the walk 10,000 steps thing! I have a pedometer, too, I should use it and see what I am at. I am always on my feet when I am working, but mostly standing in one place... It's not a long walk around a massage table. But I had heard about going to the mall and walking the entire mall before going into any stores.. Thanks!
Hey Susie - are you an MT?? I am and graduated 3 years ago. Losing this weight has been the best thing - would have really cut my career short holding onto it much longer. You may not walk around a lot doing it but it takes a lot of standing and strength.

Take care
Old 10-06-2010, 05:03 PM   #37  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Hey Susie - are you an MT?? I am and graduated 3 years ago. Losing this weight has been the best thing - would have really cut my career short holding onto it much longer. You may not walk around a lot doing it but it takes a lot of standing and strength.

Take care
Yeah, I graduated 3 years ago, too!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
I am able to buy them through work (IP) but the Canadian rep said it would be ok to get them at the pharmacy, too. I have never bought them. It's on my phase one sheet and in my food journal, but they were always optional.

When the weather was bad I used to walk in a mall -- when I lived in California. My best advice is to go before the stores open. Usually a mall will open when the Starbucks and like stores open, about 6am. It's SO much easier to walk when you pretty much have the place to yourself. An easy 5-6,000 steps.

So I followed my own advice and went to the large local drug store and Safeway. Walked all the aisles before I went back and got what I needed. 3217 steps. Easy peasy. (And no puppy who stops to investigate every leaf. Hawai'i has a zillion leaves.) Thanks for motivating me!

About the supplements. What are they? Fish oil?

Last edited by Linden; 10-06-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hello all. I've been avoiding 3fc like the plague since my vow to stay on protocol last Thursday. Had a rough break up with the boyfriend of 2 years on top of one of the most stressful school weeks of my life. Therefore, I did not even come close to following plan. On the bright side, I did tend to eat smaller portions of healthier options then I used to would have back before I started this program. Oh and did I mention last week was TOM? Needless to say, when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning I was unimpressed. I drank a ton of water yesterday though and dropped 3 lbs over night. Ha it's crazy how our bodies work. Regarding hairloss, I feel like I've always had a lot come out in the shower and so on.. so if it's happening now, I don't notice a difference. I'm still trying to make 20 lbs. by Halloween. It's going to be extra tough after the train wreck this weekend. Fortunately, I'm only up 2 lbs. from last week and I'm willing to bet it's just water retention seeing as how I didn't even gain 5 lbs. back after being off plan all summer long. I don't think one weekend of being very cautious about my choices could make me gain 5 lbs. LOL. I remember reading similar stories from those of you who have had TOMS and been shocked to wake up and see a 5 or 6 lb. weight gain only to have it all come off within the next few days. This is encouraging. Well congrats to everyone who stayed strong this past week. Have a wonderful day
Ahhhh Rachel, sounds like you definitely had a TERRIBLE week! Long distance hugs to you...

Good to hear, despite going off protocol, you ate smaller portions and they were healthy choices. To me, that says A LOT. You didn't fall overboard and grab the crappy food. You made good choices in an extremely stressful time in your life. Way to go!

Keep up the hard work Rachel, you'll make it to your goal!
Old 10-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #40  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post

About the supplements. What are they? Fish oil?
All i know is that it's an Omega-3 and an Anti-Oxident. I will see what else I can find out about them.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Water Cheer!

I know I really need to chant this one, how about you all?

Drink your water and shout this Water Cheer!

Drink your water chug chug chug
Down it goes say glug glug glug
Fat will wash right off your thighs
Soon you’ll wear a SMALLER SIZE!

It's sunny outside but I'm feeling dreary today, wishing I could move back where I came from. My hormones are all out of wack from peri menapause. I want to eat bad stuff! Does that make me a bad person? Naw just a food addict of the worse kind!

Hang in there everyone!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM   #42  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

Cute!!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #43  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Here goes!!
Had my first meeting and got my food for my first week. I'm excited. I had cappucino for breakfast. Note to self: Do NOT microwave for a full minute......what a mess!
I have a cold and can't taste a thing. I have no idea if I liked it or not. *sigh*
I will be looking to all of you for support to make it.
thank you
I microwave my cappucino for 45 seconds, stir and then heat again for 45 seconds. I watch it while it puffs up. The same with the chocolate drink. You can heat that into hot cocoa but you have to watch it. Enjoy it with a dollop of WF marshmallow creme on top
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Good Day Ladies!

I am excited to see that this is a website that is not blocked at my work!

I am on Day 6 and yesterday and today have been the first days I have been craving carbs. I almost killed my partner for his pizza sub! LOL!

I have not given in.

I weighed this morning (even though I promised myself I wouldn't) Down 8 pounds!!!!!! I also have moved my belt notch by 2 holes on my uniform pants!

Everyone in my household is sick, and I have spent my first week on IP with Pneumonia. I managed to have all sugar free cough suppressant which was a relief. I was worried it would screw stuff up, but it obviously didn't.

My WI is on Friday! I'm excited!

I also......have a severe hair loss problem. I was kinda hoping that this diet would improve it. We'll see, it can't possibly get any worse, I wouldn't notice it anyway!

Have a great evening ladies!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:01 PM   #45  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

Drank my water wee wee wee
Now I have to pee pee pee
I've watered the throne so much, you know
Three baby toilets have started to grow...

Closed Thread