3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Tuesday 5 Oct 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214100-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-5-oct-2010-a.html)

willbethin2011 10-05-2010 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misscole (Post 3510044)
Hello! I just started Ideal Protein Diet Monday. Tonight I am very hungry and trying to focus on other things than food. Any thoughts, suggestions, tips...anything? I am excited and willing...just need some help getting over this hump! :?:

Your in the right place. The first 3 days were hard for me too but every night I sat at my computer, drank my water, and read every thread and sticky note that I could find.
Each day will get easier and easier. You can do it!!

Linden 10-05-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarice41 (Post 3509820)
Good evening all! It looks like lots of good stuff has happened today. In my neck of the woods my WI went great today. I lost 3.6lbs and 3.8inches. I was happy! I also discovered the chocolate and cappuccino drinks can be heated....and with some cinnamon and WF marshmallow.....yummy for this cold weather. I also ate a crepe with WF caramel and orange marmalade-thought my knees would buckle it was so good!!

Please just "heat" them. You don't want to cook the protein.

Linden 10-05-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabby Lou (Post 3510000)
It's getting cold outside and I am a hot chocolate lover. Has anyone had the chocolate drink that comes in a packet heated up? If so was it good? I wanted to try it but, hate to take my chances and ruin a packet.

See Clarice below, and my post above.

bookie 10-05-2010 09:11 PM

Hey Everyone! I just got back from my WI and I lost 3 lbs!!! It's not the 5 that I was looking for but I'm really happy! Thank you all for your encouraging words and advice. Christina I spoke to my coach and she said that I should wait until I get to goal before starting Phase II so that's what I'm going to do, thanks. I think that the 3-5 lb expected gain in Phase III would probably freak me out a little but if i have that cushion it will make it much easier.

Carla, I'msvelting & Cumbow01 your words mean a lot to me. I will make sure to let you know when I need another boost.

Have a great night all!

showgirlaz 10-05-2010 09:14 PM

Quote:

Hello! I just started Ideal Protein Diet Monday. Tonight I am very hungry and trying to focus on other things than food. Any thoughts, suggestions, tips...anything? I am excited and willing...just need some help getting over this hump! :?:

Welcome to the group!! :)

What you are experiencing is normal the first 3 or so day. Stay to the plan and, somewhere between day 4 and 6, you should feel much different. More energetic and less hungry.

You can have a 4th packet during these first days if you need to so you can stay on track. If you think you don't have enough, don't worry, you can always contact your coach to get a few more packets. Really it is much better to have another unrestricted item instead of being tempted to eat real food, increase portions, or add a cheat food.

Drink hot herb tea. A nice peppermint, chamomile, or even a cinnamon works wonders to soothe the stomach and prevent hunger.

Have some extra veggies like celery, cucumber, broccoli, or dill pickles. A few of these can help cut hunger, fill a need for crunchy or salty and keep you on track.

Paint your nails, take a bath, do some craft or needle work, anything that keeps your hands busy.

Drink more water! It does help a bit to keep your stomach full and yourself well hydrated.

I hope one of us will offer a solution that helps you get through! You are just a day or two away from things being much easier! :)

Linden 10-05-2010 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsey (Post 3510008)
Hello ladies & gents. It's been a while. I wanted to stop in and say hi! Hope you're all doing well.

Hi Melissa,

It's soooo nice to see your face. I'm still trying to catch up with you, but I'm working on it. Slooooly.

tcswain 10-05-2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

It's getting cold outside and I am a hot chocolate lover. Has anyone had the chocolate drink that comes in a packet heated up? If so was it good? I wanted to try it but, hate to take my chances and ruin a packet.

I heat the chocolate drink up into hot chocolate -- it is delicious :love: Try it with a dollop of WF marshmallow -- YUMMY.

Starrfish23 10-05-2010 09:37 PM

OMG!!! I just mixed half of the vanilla pudding with the orange drink and I couldn't be happier. Absolutely delicious..... reminds me of sitting on the beach eating a creamsicle!!:dizzy:

Soon 2 B MrsT 10-05-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Hello ladies & gents. It's been a while. I wanted to stop in and say hi! Hope you're all doing well.

I'm glad you posted something. I thought about you this morning and was about to ask if anyone had heard from you. Great minds think alike! :hug:

Welcome back!

Emma Jayne 10-05-2010 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3510050)
Very nice!! So, are Canadians allowed to travel to Cuba? Can they go there directly? I have been told we Americans have to go a round about way if we try to go to Cuba.

I hope you have another wonderful trip!!

Yes, Canada has a very good relationship with Cuba - tourism wise. Really cheap to go from here. The Cuban people are super friendly too. I've heard that Obama is working on lifting the embargo against Cuba and that would mean that people from the U.S. would be able to travel there. For now you have to get there through Canada though.

Also, a shout out to whoever 'invented' the Kale Chips.....WOW - why did I wait 4 months to try them??? If you haven't tried them - seriously give them a try I was not disappointed. Also, I made the orange/vanilla smoothie drink and it is out of this world !!

Hi to Kelsey/Melissa - missed you !! :)

Have a great night everyone ! Keep up the great work !! :)

rockinrosie 10-05-2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

For serious........probably my favorite drink ever and it is so good heated...just be careful with the microwave and not overheat and spill over...really hard to clean up after :) I also mix with a bit of coffee for a mocha...verrryyy tasty!

rockinrosie 10-05-2010 10:12 PM

Super stoked everyone!! Down almost 4 pounds and today put on a pair of pants that I havent been able to get over my @** for over a year!! Feeling pretty sassy :)
Way to go everyone on your losses and positive experiences.......certainly keeps me motivated!!

showgirlaz 10-05-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma Jayne (Post 3510120)
Yes, Canada has a very good relationship with Cuba - tourism wise. Really cheap to go from here. The Cuban people are super friendly too. I've heard that Obama is working on lifting the embargo against Cuba and that would mean that people from the U.S. would be able to travel there. For now you have to get there through Canada though.

Also, a shout out to whoever 'invented' the Kale Chips.....WOW - why did I wait 4 months to try them??? If you haven't tried them - seriously give them a try I was not disappointed. Also, I made the orange/vanilla smoothie drink and it is out of this world !!

Hi to Kelsey/Melissa - missed you !! :)

Have a great night everyone ! Keep up the great work !! :)

Lucky you! Yeah, we technically can get there but, it is still considered a crime by our laws unless you fit specific criteria for reasons to go. (Yes, I follow rules :o) I suppose many do it and don't get caught though.

Kale chips!! Yes, they were first posted by Meghan O and Ogdog, I think. Then I added a recipe I found on a vegan website. There are about 5 versions on the boards for Kale Chips! They are great and so are zucchini chips if you dehydrate them properly. Turnip chips are the strongest if you want something that can hold the WF dips (onion or ranch).

Linden 10-05-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrosie (Post 3510127)
For serious........probably my favorite drink ever and it is so good heated...just be careful with the microwave and not overheat and spill over...really hard to clean up after :) I also mix with a bit of coffee for a mocha...verrryyy tasty!

Vanilla and butterscotch puddings (with 16 oz of water) are excellent warm, with and without decaf coffee. They're 5 fewer carbs than the chocolate drink and you get twice as much liquid.

JessicaCourez 10-06-2010 02:55 AM

Quote:

It is good, but it has one of the higher carbs for a restricted packet, so I used it sparingly.

Quote:

Oh my GOSH! Melissa! So happy to hear from you and see you checking in!!! We've missed you terribly.