3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Why I do IP (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/214016-why-i-do-ip.html)

msren10 10-04-2010 09:07 AM

Why I do IP

A phone call over the weekend reaffirmed why I IP. After loosing my father at the age of 55 in January to congestive heart failure I received a call over the weekend that my 57 year old mom had a suffered a heart attack. As stated repeatedly by both of their physicians weight loss would help in their overall health. I am choosing to break the unhealthy habits passed on in my family. I deserve it, my husband deserves it and my 21 month old desrves it. Hopefully I can be the example my family desperately needs. Its not easy and the thought of traveling in just my second week scared me. However I want to be with my mom as she battles through and I truly belive I will be more convicted at the end of my visit. Thanks everyone for sharing your victories they help others stay strong in their time of need!

csdclark 10-04-2010 09:39 AM

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your mom. Travel safe, you will do just fine staying on IP. Just keep thinking of the end results it is very worth it!!

Journeysend 10-04-2010 09:56 AM

msren10 I am so sorry to hear about you loosing your Dad in Jan. and your Mom's heart attack now. You have found the tool to change your life with IP. You will do great this coming week. I will be thinking of you and your family and praying for your Mom's recovery.

LAShutterbug 10-04-2010 11:31 AM

So so sorry to hear this news. I too am doing IP for health reasons. With a DH that has family always in health issue situations, I am trying to show him along with my two little ones that it matters to be healthy. Having my little ones so late in life, 50's is way to young to leave them as they won't even be adults to take care of themselves. Travel safe and good luck with IP.

sheila1971 10-04-2010 11:40 AM

So sorry about your father and mom. My parents are in the same situation and you really made me think about my goals, Thankyou. I will have you in my prayers.

NCgirlie 10-04-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msren10 (Post 3507389)
A phone call over the weekend reaffirmed why I IP. After loosing my father at the age of 55 in January to congestive heart failure I received a call over the weekend that my 57 year old mom had a suffered a heart attack. As stated repeatedly by both of their physicians weight loss would help in their overall health. I am choosing to break the unhealthy habits passed on in my family. I deserve it, my husband deserves it and my 21 month old desrves it. Hopefully I can be the example my family desperately needs. Its not easy and the thought of traveling in just my second week scared me. However I want to be with my mom as she battles through and I truly belive I will be more convicted at the end of my visit. Thanks everyone for sharing your victories they help others stay strong in their time of need!

Big hugs to you and your mother. I know having you by her side will give her some much-needed support. Take care of you so that you can take care of your mother. You've had a tough year between your parents....congrats to you for making the decision to do IP and get your health in control. So proud of you! :hug:

mommajen88 10-04-2010 01:45 PM

Sorry to hear about your father and mom. :hug:

I do IP first of all because it works quickly.

I am committed to weight loss because my family health history, sadly, reads like a medical dictionary. You name the illness, I got a close family member who had/has it. :(
I am taking charge of my health!

showgirlaz 10-04-2010 01:53 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your parents. My sympathies for the loss of your father and my prayers go out to your mother and your family.

I think you have a great reason to do this and to lose the weight.

If you will be at the hospital, you may find this program is very easy. Just keep the drink packets handy. I found I could always get a salad in the cafeteria, (toss the carrots and croutons) use oil and lemon or vinegar as a dressing, sometimes I could get hot steamed veggies. I ALWAYS could buy a bottle of cold water and just mixed it with my packet.

You should be fine. I know the stress will be there but, if you don't have much time to eat, you will find that IP is pretty easy to just get in during those small breaks.

msren10 10-04-2010 03:31 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I have stuck to the IP plan thus far and will continue to do so! Mom is out of surgery and doing well :) Thanks again!

paygirl 10-05-2010 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear about your dad and mom. I will keep you in my prayers.
Be safe on your trip.

rockinrosie 10-05-2010 09:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your story with us all.......serves as a reminder to all of us how precious our time is........sending you positive energy and strength during this difficult time.