Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Bookie you're frustrated. It's understandable, so close and it probably doesn't feel that way. If you've lost 1 lb this week, you're technically not at a plateau. Have you read the Life After Phase 1 threads -- archive/sticky and current? There are IPrs who have had weight loss slow downs pick up after going onto phase 2.

I was not going to post this because it is NOT IDEAL PROTEIN PROTOCOL. With that caveat, here we go. My weight has been hovering around the same value for the last 2-3 weeks. (212 - 210) The last few days I have had significantly more food, carbs and calories than Phase 1 recommends. Yesterday was a particularly rogue day. Given my post earlier this week about eating off program, could we say my actions and choices have been a bit hypocritical?

At today's my NWI (naked weigh-in) at home, I did a double take, stepped off the scale to see if it was reading 0 correctly and got back on. I seemingly dropped 5 lbs overnight.
Thank you so much! I really needed to hear that. My coach said that I might be ready for Phase II but I needed to lose 5 lbs. I might ask her if I can go to Phase II even if I don't lose the weight. NWI...I love that and I've got to use it. Again thank you
Old 10-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #92  

And BTW I'm svelting awesome weight loss!!! Whoo hoo!!!!!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:54 PM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I had to do a double take on the scale today too....down 3 pounds overnight. Keep it going
Great job Darbs
Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Great Chat this weekend - I love the motivation. I weighed today (after two weeks) and I am down another 7 pounds. Every diet I have ever been on since 1971 (I was 20) I have stopped at 160. In 21 more pounds I will be at 160. I am not going to stop this time - I am going to get healthy and I am going to live a great life.
Way to go Rosemary!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #95  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I was just looking through the progress photo thread. Have you all noticed how so many of them are people doing IP and how everyone is asking what we are doing?

I found your pictures, but your link in your signature isn't working... do fix that so others can see! I think you make your new dress look great! Wow, what a difference! Must feel wonderful!
Old 10-03-2010, 07:15 PM   #96  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

I also have stopped several diets around the 160 lb mark (I say I'm 5'4" but actually measure 5'2") so my goal should be (and most likely will be) aound 130 lbs. I said I wanted to lose 60 lbs when I started IP but now that I'm almost 50 lbs lighter I can see there is more to go. The fact that I could wear a size 12 petite pant (as of Friday) just makes me more determined.

I did learn a lesson last night tho...a friend took me to dinner and I ordered shrimp with steamed veggies (leeks, mushrooms and zucchini) so I thought I was pretty safe....when the shrimp arrived, they were coated with something, so I spent several minutes trying to scrape whatever was on the shrimp off without my friend catching me. Today I am doing sort of a boot camp thing just using IP packets instead of having meat for dinner...I did have my salad and veggies at both lunch and dinner...and I'll have another IP packet for snack time...hopefully that will take care of anything I might have ingested that wasn't allowed. You just can never assume anything when it comes to restaurants.

Congrats to all who had NSV's and SV's...do any of you notice how many people seem to have gained weight in the short time we've been losing it?

Marilyn
Old 10-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 186/131/140

Height: 5'4

Anyone have any thoughts on the required 1-2 tsp of oil? I found a way to make oil free salad dressing so now I don't know what to do with the oil. I understand if you don't have enough fats per day you may not lose. I have no idea how I'm doing because my husband hid my scale from my neurotic self. Do you think you can supplement with fish oil? If so, how much. I don't meet with my coach until mid week.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:28 PM   #98  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Hi everyone! Well, tomorrow will be my 15th day on IP. I must say, I am feeling so much better. I can tell by the way I move my body. Also, went to church this am in baggy pants! Last May I cleaned out my closet and went shopping because I had been stretching everything out that I owned and I had a few events I needed clothes that looked nice. Now all of my new clothes since May are big on me! The best part for me is that even my depression is getting better, I feel emotionally lighter somehow. Everyone in my family has some kind of autoimmune disease except me. Even my younger sister. I started having some problems last year and got so scared about my health going downhill (I am in my early 50's). Well, I feel like this IP diet is doing so many positive things for my body. I love it!!!

Here are my WI stats:
week 1: down 2.4 lbs and 8 1/2 inches
week 2: down 6.2 lbs and 12.3 inches
Old 10-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #99  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

mama2three,

Sometimes I use the oil to cook my veges. I like to saute mushrooms or other veges and add them to my IP soups.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 PM   #100  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I found your pictures, but your link in your signature isn't working... do fix that so others can see! I think you make your new dress look great! Wow, what a difference! Must feel wonderful!
Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know what happened because I hadn't changed it, but I think believe it is working now.

I felt pretty good in the dress!
Old 10-03-2010, 08:19 PM   #101  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Tonight I ate my meat and vegies while my husband had a bowl of frog eye salad that my son had brought home. The amazing thing is that I really didn't even want to try it Normally I would have been right on it or thinking "only just one bite". I am truly loving the way I am feeling -- and only after one week
Old 10-03-2010, 08:28 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Thank you for pointing that out. I don't know what happened because I hadn't changed it, but I think believe it is working now.

I felt pretty good in the dress!
Marion--you look absolutely fabulous! Contratulations!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:06 PM   #103  
Dave - The Speedo King

And now for something the ladies won't care at all about:

The Atlanta Braves (my baseball team of choice) clinched the National League Wild Card spot with their win today. A celebration is in order!

The festivities will include spaghetti and raspberry jello. And to toast their victory, some nice, cold water...

(Hey, someone had to post something masculine. After all, I'd rather die at a baseball game than be caught dead shopping at Kohl's!)
Old 10-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #104  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Good evening IP friends! I'm hoping for a good day tomorrow and just a bit more weight loss before my weigh in on Tuesday. I'd like to hit an official 30 lb loss in two months (I'm about 1 lb shy right now). Absolutely amazes me!!!

I worked on an excel spreadsheet today of my progress and I lost 16.8 lbs my first month (woot woot) and this 2nd month total is just about 13. At about week 4, I started eating some Phase 2 days. I think it might have slowed me down a bit, but I'm very happy with my results and I think the extra 'real' protein has helped me. Has anyone else moved to Phase 2 on their own and/or before they've lost 90% of their weight?

Congrats to everyone for doing such a great job on this plan! It really is awesome!
Old 10-03-2010, 09:19 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
And now for something the ladies won't care at all about:

The Atlanta Braves (my baseball team of choice) clinched the National League Wild Card spot with their win today. A celebration is in order!

The festivities will include spaghetti and raspberry jello. And to toast their victory, some nice, cold water...

(Hey, someone had to post something masculine. After all, I'd rather die at a baseball game than be caught dead shopping at Kohl's!)
And here I was all set to regale the story of my shopping for my new bra's...!

Just kidding.

I DID get to 130 exactly on the scale this morning. Knocking at the door of the 120's.
Closed Thread