Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:25 AM   #16  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Good morning! It is a rainy day here in Central Illinois. I was going to close my pool today, but it looks like I will have to do it tomorrow. I have an accomplishment that I am so excited about. I put on a pair of size 14 jeans yesterday and they fit perfectly. I started in 22, and I never dreamed I would see a 14 this quickly. Yea!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 10-02-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #17  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Time to put the outdoor furniture away!! So I believe I am in full Ketosis, the bad breath, but the "Gassy" from all the veggies. I did the video again but I didn't see anything on there about that? I believe it is because I have added broccoli to my salads. Has anyone tried to BBQ soy nuts? I am going to be gone for 7 days and have planned with my coach a few things I can do I was just curious how you all liked the soy nuts?

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the GREAT WORK....
Love the Soy Nuts!!!! They have a nice crunch! However, I rarely eat them as I try to stick to nonrestricted packets! Enjoy!
Old 10-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Good morning! It is a rainy day here in Central Illinois. I was going to close my pool today, but it looks like I will have to do it tomorrow. I have an accomplishment that I am so excited about. I put on a pair of size 14 jeans yesterday and they fit perfectly. I started in 22, and I never dreamed I would see a 14 this quickly. Yea!
Congratulations Rosemary! Keep up the good work.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #19  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Good Morning Everyone! I slept in this morning and needed it after a long week of work. I love the weekends for catching up on sleep! In yesterday's thread no one noticed my little victory ... my husband's scale is showing that I've lost 22 lbs from my highest weight ever (earlier this year!) I sure hope my coach's (actually my real dr. but you guys have me calling her my coach now lol) IP scale shows a big loss on Monday evening!!

My pants I wore to work yesterday kept falling off my hips! They always were a little large (size 24 & I was really a 22) but I could not keep the pants up!!! I had to take an acco clip from my desk drawer and gather the fabric in the back and keep them "pinned". I think I need to take them in for alterations today, don't ya think. I love these khaki pants from Avenue because you can wash & dry them with no pressing at all. I hate to lose some good pants because I'm losing weight.

Thank you for all my supporters! Love you guys!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #20  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Good Morning Everyone! I slept in this morning and needed it after a long week of work. I love the weekends for catching up on sleep! In yesterday's thread no one noticed my little victory ... my husband's scale is showing that I've lost 22 lbs from my highest weight ever (earlier this year!) I sure hope my coach's (actually my real dr. but you guys have me calling her my coach now lol) IP scale shows a big loss on Monday evening!!

My pants I wore to work yesterday kept falling off my hips! They always were a little large (size 24 & I was really a 22) but I could not keep the pants up!!! I had to take an acco clip from my desk drawer and gather the fabric in the back and keep them "pinned". I think I need to take them in for alterations today, don't ya think. I love these khaki pants from Avenue because you can wash & dry them with no pressing at all. I hate to lose some good pants because I'm losing weight.

Congrads Rhonda I did notice just forgot to tell ya!! Just think you can buy some new pants!!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #21  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARLEY09 View Post
Hi Everybody
I went on the Ideal Protein Diet on May 1 2010 weighed 210 now 167 5'11and I’m about to start phase 4. I try to check in to see how every body’s doing. I don’t post any blogs I just read them. I got my blood work back and every thing is ok. My thyroid went down. But they say my liver enzymes are little high they will test it again in 2 weeks.

Did any body else have problems with their liver enzymes? If so what can I do to lower my enzymes??
Harley, my liver enzymes have always been elevated, just outside of the normal range. 12 years ago they were very high and the first thing that worked to bring them down was Dandelion Root and Astragalus pills. Talk to your pharmacist or naturopath about it first, but it really worked for me.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I have been on the IP diet for almost 3 solid weeks now. I weighed myself ye sterday then this morning (both in early morning before I ate). I have gained almost a pound!! I don't understand. I have been the poster child for this diet-not eaten one thing that has been illegal-everything within legal limits, cardio every night for 40mins and the balancing ball for 20 minutes. My salt intake is the alotted 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt AND had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I don't have the "monthly woes" Anyone else have this happen to them?
I was told in the beginning that we had to keep our heart level down to just fat burn not big time exercising!! I am in phase 2 now and asked my coach on Wed. if I could go back to the gym, my arms need help, but she said no! not until phase 3. You are probably putting on muscle and throwing yourself out of ketosis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Yippee!!! Congrats, what a good way to start this fantastic weekend!

Quote:

Great Job! When our pants fall off it is definitely a wonderful day. I posted late last night that I had to go buy new stuff and found on clearance 2 sz 6 capris for 10 bucks each and a pair of shorts 8's for 4 bucks at Kohl's. I love clearance racks!!! Oh at Kohl's. I started in way tight 14's and now I can get into a 6, so exciting!!! Yes they are tight, but hopefully not for long.
Congratulations to everyone with great WI and NSV!!!! Here's to a great Saturday!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:38 AM   #23  
just Rhonda please!

Great job! I love Kohl's.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM   #24  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
I have been on the IP diet for almost 3 solid weeks now. I weighed myself ye sterday then this morning (both in early morning before I ate). I have gained almost a pound!! I don't understand. I have been the poster child for this diet-not eaten one thing that has been illegal-everything within legal limits, cardio every night for 40mins and the balancing ball for 20 minutes. My salt intake is the alotted 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt AND had a hysterectomy 9 years ago, so I don't have the "monthly woes" Anyone else have this happen to them?
As others have mentioned, you could be exercising at a level that is counter productive. ALSO, when you exercise your body is more prone to lose water. If you aren't getting in enough water, you could be starting to hold on to the water you are getting instead of flushing it out through the kidneys. AND, if you aren't getting enough water and the kidneys are slowing down then the liver also slows down as it tries to help the kidneys. When the liver helps the kidneys it reduces the fat burning process.

Stop or drop back on the exercise and drink more water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

Time to put the outdoor furniture away!! So I believe I am in full Ketosis, the bad breath, but the "Gassy" from all the veggies. I did the video again but I didn't see anything on there about that? I believe it is because I have added broccoli to my salads. Has anyone tried to BBQ soy nuts? I am going to be gone for 7 days and have planned with my coach a few things I can do I was just curious how you all liked the soy nuts?

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the GREAT WORK....
I like them. They have a faint similarity to seasoned sunflower seeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
Good morning all! Just wanted to share a NSV. I went to the movies last night and I was worried that the popcorn and goodies would be calling me. Well I ate my my chicken breast and sping mix salad before I arrived and was able to walk right past the junk food when I got there. It's amazing how I had built the popcorn (and the smell of it especially) up in my head. My success lied in having my mind made up before I got there that there would be no popcorn or anything else! I even stuck a couple of pickles and some water in my purse to make sure of it! I felt so accomplished on the ride home! I say all this to encourage anyone who may face a temptation this weekend! Make it a great one
Great job! I take the same treats to the theater. I have even been known to take a mixed IP drink. (they never check bags at the theater I go to.)

Quote:

Congratulations! I remember those moments. YEP, you really hate losing the old clothes. The only thing that kept me going was knowing I would be getting new and better ones soon!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #25  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Well! Have a great day everyone!

I am off to meet my friend who is visiting. We have a day of farmers markets, charity events, coffee, yoga, and a spa/massage planned. Either today or tomorrow, I think we may try some shopping at Kohl's or other stores. I know we will be test driving cars for her too. She flew in to town specifically to look for a new SUV. (Her town doesn't have Range Rover, Audi, BMW, or Infiniti.) AND, if time permits, we might try to squeeze in a movie (Wall Street sounds good.)
Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM   #26  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

[QUOTE=sheila1971;3505056]Good Morning everyone!

Have a great weekend everyone!! Keep up the GREAT WORK....[/QUOTE

Helo Sheila1971,

I just tried the bbq soy nuts they weren't that bad they didn't tast bad at all but they didn't have a strong bbq tast either. I found it a refreshing snack form always drinking something, or using a spoon.

Good luck
Old 10-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #27  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Here is my NSV for the week... I have gone from a 20 to a 16 (or so I think...) and wore a pair of Junior 17 Levi's to my WI on Thursday. I thought that they fit great, and my coach commented on them because I had been wearing my old 20's, 18W, and 18's with huge safety pins at the waist until now. She had me twirl and then told me the jeans were too big! I was like, no way, they aren't skinny jeans and if they were any tighter I will have a huge muffin top. Then, last night I went out to dinner with some girlfriends that I had not seen since before I started IP and they were amazed at my progress. During dinner, I stood and twirled for them and they too commented that my jeans were too big...! Perhaps I do need to try on a 14! I am so used to wearing clothes a little big to cover/camo the bulges that I think I might not be seeing when the clothes are now too big, until they are actually falling off of me. So, off to buy a full length mirror I go.

BTW, for dinner I stayed on program and we had a great time. I so am looking forward to the girl's weekend we have decided to hold at the Oregon coast this winter. I will likely still be on IP at the time, but I know they support and will encourage me.

Have a great weekend everyone! Tonya
Old 10-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #28  
started IP 09/23/10

S/C/G: 165/157.4/130

Height: 5 ft 4.5 in

Default New to 3FC and IP

Hello my fellow IP'ers. I started the IP program a little over a week ago and just joined 3FC this morning. Just wanted to say hello and a great big thank you to all of you. I've been reading all of the IP posts and getting lots of hints and tricks.

I do have a question. I have seen where exercise is not recommended for a lot of you. My coach has recommended it. At weigh in this past week (7.6 lbs gone), I specifically asked about weights and cardio and I was encouraged to keep doing it. I really would like to lose the fastest amount of weight possible in the quickest amount of time. So, would you recommend I just stick to mild cardio at this time (walking, etc) rather than doing a cardio sculpt dvd (Jillian Michael's Shred)? Also, should I avoid all of the higher carb packets (the ones that are only allowed once a day)? Would that maybe help me meet my goal a little quicker?

I've started many a diet in recent years only to give out. I don't know if it's a different diet or a different state of mind or maybe a combination of the two, but I feel like I can stick with this one. Of course, saying good-bye to 7 lbs was certainly a good incentive.

Thanks again for all of your wonderful advice. I look forward to being a great big loser with all of you!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 PM   #29  
just Rhonda please!

You will find that each of our coaches tells us something different that works for each of us. My coach is my OB/GYN and she has told me not to do any sort of exercise until she says I'm ready and I asked her why. She said simply that it would make me more hungry and cause me to stray from the plan.

I'm also allowed 1 item from the restricted list per day along with my 3 packets a day.

Tminus - I have not seen a size 16 on myself in TEN years! I would love that!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:28 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Today is going to be a great day! I am going to Sport Chek to look at the Reebok Tone Ups (their version of the Sketchers ones), my friend gets a discount their so I am hoping I find a pair that I love. I have another friend who swears by them that it really toned her butt and thighs which are my trouble spots. I seem to be losing in my upper body but my lower body is slow to let the fat go! haha
And then tonight I have a friend coming over to discuss weight loss. She text me yesterday as she was so upset with herself and how she looks and feels. She went for a walk bought a cup of coffee and a chocolate bar and spent the rest of her day punishing herself! I know we have all been there! She is getting married next summer and all her friends and family live on the other side of the country and they are doing their weight loss together which didn't help her feel any better.
As I continue my quest of paying it forward I am going to tell her about Ideal Protein but had her search Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig so that she can make the best decision for her. I suspect she will join the IP crew! And we are going to do this together. More importantly it will help her feel better in knowing that she is no alone in her feelings and her journey.
So to all of you who have started your journey, are near the end of your journey or thinking about starting your "last diet" it's time to say good bye to punishing ourselves and embrace the person that we want to be!
Closed Thread