Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Have a blessed IP Friday!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:28 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
I hope you don't mind guys dropping into this group, it was the most active IP forum I found on the net.

I've been on the diet for a week, and I'm down 11 pounds from when I started. I feel a bit better but I've got another 74 to go.

I have a few question I hope others might have insight into.

1) I'm been having problems sleeping, anyone else?

2) Do you ever get used to the nasty taste in your mouth?

3) I'm using Spry gum/mints to deal with the taste/breath. Probably a dozen mints and a dozen pieces of gum a day. Is that too much? Not sure if Xylitol is totally inert or not.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any replies.
to the greatest forum!!!! You are doing great!!! Take it one day at a time, one week at a time, 10lbs at a time and you will be surprised at how fast the weight comes off and how fast the weeks fly by!!
I had trouble sleeping the 1st couple of weeks, but now am fine...could be your body is still adjusting to the eating plan.
I never had the nasty mouth, so can't answer that one
Be careful of how much gum you chew...my coach advised to use only sparingly
You will do great...and this forum is chuck full of info, encouragement and friendship.
Have a great day!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Good morning! This is the day we have been waiting for all week - Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend. When I started IP in April, I made a decision then, that this was going to be a new way of life for me. It wasn't an option to follow it on some days and not on others. If I did that it would be like all of the other diets I have been on in my life. There are time that I want and crave something so badly, but I know that it would be more than just eating the "thing". It would be breaking a promise to myself about wanting a new way of life, and about getting it.

I talk about this because I find the chat changing from when I first came to the boards in July. There was a lot of encouragement all around and if you wanted to talk about cheating, you went to the thread about "cheating" and discussed it there. I think as people that have been committed to this protocol, it is important to role model the positive behaviors for the new people that are starting every day. Cheating is not an option! We shouldn't need cheat free weekends, our week should naturally include not eating off of protocol. Things happen and sometimes people do slip, but you get back up and start again. We don't hope that it is not going to happen tomorrow. We commit to ourselves and the people on this board that it is not happening - not any more.

When we let ourselves down, we lose self esteem, lose belief that we can be successful, fail at other things in our lives, and remain unhappy. Please don't give up on yourselves. Determine what it is that you can live with and go for it. Recommit to yourselves that the Ideal Protein Diet Plan can work for you.

I love you all and want everyone to be successful - Thanks for being there.
Well Said
Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default My Personal Rules For Success On IP

With all the talk of cheating and going off protocol I thought I would post my personal rules that I have come up with in the almost 6 months I have been on IP, hope this helps some of the Newbies

--Set mini goals...10 lb increments, I can loose 10 lbs 9 times!!! (I have lost 10 lbs 5 times so far!)
--Take this one day at a time..days turn into weeks & weeks turn into months! (almost 6 months)
--keep a record of your daily weight..watch it go down! (it's amazing to look back)
--Step on the scale when that "feeling" comes over you..do you want it to go back up!! NO
--Be true on your food journal, the only one you're fooling is yourself
--Celebrate all the NSV (non scale victories)...they are awesome!!
--Remember all the health benefits that have happened..I feel better than I have in many years!!
--Can I afford to "cheat"...it will cost me $40.00 every time!!! NO!!
--Do I want to put my body through going in and out of ketosis...NO!!
--Am I worth this?? YES I AM!!!
AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ONE!!!!
--Come to this forum for Information, Support and Friendship..I couldn't do this plan as well as I have with out everyone here!!!!

Ideal Protein Works!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 10-01-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Good words of wisdom everyone!

Hunter2 You and I have the same height and start weight! How long did it take you to get to goal?

Linden I added an extra pack yesterday..today down from 178 to 176.5

I am so thankful for these boards!

Of to a cheat free weekend!

Blessings,
Cie
Old 10-01-2010, 11:23 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Good morning! This is the day we have been waiting for all week - Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend. When I started IP in April, I made a decision then, that this was going to be a new way of life for me. It wasn't an option to follow it on some days and not on others. If I did that it would be like all of the other diets I have been on in my life. There are time that I want and crave something so badly, but I know that it would be more than just eating the "thing". It would be breaking a promise to myself about wanting a new way of life, and about getting it.

I talk about this because I find the chat changing from when I first came to the boards in July. There was a lot of encouragement all around and if you wanted to talk about cheating, you went to the thread about "cheating" and discussed it there. I think as people that have been committed to this protocol, it is important to role model the positive behaviors for the new people that are starting every day. Cheating is not an option! We shouldn't need cheat free weekends, our week should naturally include not eating off of protocol. Things happen and sometimes people do slip, but you get back up and start again. We don't hope that it is not going to happen tomorrow. We commit to ourselves and the people on this board that it is not happening - not any more.

When we let ourselves down, we lose self esteem, lose belief that we can be successful, fail at other things in our lives, and remain unhappy. Please don't give up on yourselves. Determine what it is that you can live with and go for it. Recommit to yourselves that the Ideal Protein Diet Plan can work for you.

I love you all and want everyone to be successful - Thanks for being there.
I agree 100%... cheating or eating off protocol will set us back too much to be worth it... there are processes going on with IP that don't happen in most other diets... I've been following IP protocol for 4 months, without a coach or any IP products, & have had such amazing results... I mentioned a few days ago that I "cheated" by eating a handful of peanuts last week... not a cheat in that they threw me out of ketosis (less than 6 g. carb in 1/4 cup), but the fat content was way too high & left me wanting more... the only time in the last 4 months I've gotten off protocol was for an Italian dinner with a friend who had just gotten a divorce & needed my shoulder... I jumped right back on protocol the next day & no harm was done, I continued to lose weight & inches faster than I ever had in my life... in 4 months, I've gone from a Women's size 16 to a regular (Misses?.. Ladies?..) size 10 pants... this diet ain't no slouch!!!..

Just like you, when I started IP on May 31, I committed to following protocol & following through... & every week, I make it a point to re-commit, just to remind me of how great this way of eating is... some of us have to take this one day at a time, some can plan a mile down the road, but commitment, whenever or however often, is key... when Rachel13 asked if we were all with her for a cheat-free weekend, she was in the middle of a stressful week & needed us to gather round her for support, & I was glad to do so... I know Rachel is a strong person, as are so many others on this forum, & she'll do just fine... I've asked for help here before, & it's always been freely given, & I'm so grateful to everybody...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 10-01-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Smile Hello all!!

Hello, I am new here. I started the IP diet three about three weeks ago, (just had my 2 week WI last Monday). So far I have lost almost 12 lbs and 19 inches. I am a "professional" dieter and am hoping this will be my last diet.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

I would like to start moving. I am a self confessed sloth when it comes to exercise and with 10lbs off (give or take) my body feels like it would like to start moving.

I am thinking of walking, what has been your experience with this. I don't want to go crazy with exercise as I have fibromyalgia that I am hoping help with this diet, but going for a walk a few times a week should help right?
Old 10-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #39  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Hello, I am new here. I started the IP diet three about three weeks ago, (just had my 2 week WI last Monday). So far I have lost almost 12 lbs and 19 inches. I am a "professional" dieter and am hoping this will be my last diet.

Post more Clarice. You & I started the exact same day. I'm hoping I can catch up with you at my WI on Monday.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Good words of wisdom everyone!

Hunter2 You and I have the same height and start weight! How long did it take you to get to goal?

Linden I added an extra pack yesterday..today down from 178 to 176.5

I am so thankful for these boards!

Of to a cheat free weekend!

Blessings,
Cie
I started April 23 I reached gaol on Sept 9th I was a very slow loser sometimes only 1lb a week. I am not losing much weight now but the inches are still coming off I have lost 30" total to date.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM   #41  

Quote:
I would like to start moving. I am a self confessed sloth when it comes to exercise and with 10lbs off (give or take) my body feels like it would like to start moving.

I am thinking of walking, what has been your experience with this. I don't want to go crazy with exercise as I have fibromyalgia that I am hoping help with this diet, but going for a walk a few times a week should help right?
Cie, I think it's an excellent idea!.. just keep your heart rate within the recommended zone (60%-70% of max, or whatever your coach tells you), & you should do fine & start to notice some great changes in your body... if you haven't read the chapter on exercise in Dr. Tran Tien's book, this would be a good time to do that... also, visit the Exercise thread on this forum for some great tips & encouragement...

Let us know how it goes!..

hugs
Old 10-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Old 10-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
I hope you don't mind guys dropping into this group, it was the most active IP forum I found on the net.

I've been on the diet for a week, and I'm down 11 pounds from when I started. I feel a bit better but I've got another 74 to go.

I have a few question I hope others might have insight into.

1) I'm been having problems sleeping, anyone else?

2) Do you ever get used to the nasty taste in your mouth?

3) I'm using Spry gum/mints to deal with the taste/breath. Probably a dozen mints and a dozen pieces of gum a day. Is that too much? Not sure if Xylitol is totally inert or not.

That's it for now. Thanks in advance for any replies.
WELCOME!

I've found the Listerine Breath Stripes to work great in getting rid of the yucky ketosis breath. They come in peppermint, cinnamon and wintergreen. I found mine in my local grocery store stocked by the dental floss. I've had keto breath off and on since the beginning. The first 3 - 4 weeks were gross, then it thankfully went away. It has also occured for a couple of days every month or two. During those times I lost more that week. No, I hadn't cheated the week before to knock myself out of ketosis and then re- entered ketosis. I think my body goes through phases where it just randomly decides to burn off more fat.

Regardless the strips work great. You can also try adding a couple of drops of favored oils to your water; like peppermint. Just don't put the drops directly on your tongue. It can smell like you've had alcohol - learned this in an embarrassing way! Most health food stores sell flavored oils.

I have trouble sleeping, but I've always been an insomniac. Occasionally I find it's due to being Hungary. If I determine that to be the cause, then I'll drink half a shake and almost always sleep better.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #44  

Default I'm seriously considering the IDP

I need to lose 50 or 60 lbs, and have been following Weight Watchers for the last month. But, the weight loss is so much slower than when I followed that plan five years ago. The scale not going down (less than 5 pounds in a month) and that tempts me to give up, but I really need to lose this weight. I assume the difference between my last effort and now is age and/or menopause and the changes that accompany aging.

I tried Jenny Craig ten years ago, and it made me a nervous wreck. The "supplements" that I had to take were not adequately labeled and my doctor took the bottle from me and threw it in his trash.

I'm seriously considering IDP. Are the vitamins, supplements and powders labeled appropriately? I don't know what was in that Jenny Craig stuff, but it scared me to death! My doctor know nothing about the IPD, but he says the Atkins diet should be fine, as well as a low calorie, low fat balanced diet with a little cardio exercise.

Anyone have problems with the food, vitamins and minerals making them hyper or nervous?

I don't really understand the process (so much "shaking" lol) but it looks like I'd find a bunch of support on this forum.

Thanks!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:

I personally think walking is a FABULOUS idea! Start slow and only go a short distance. Gradually increase your speed and distance. Most importantly, listen to your body; if it's telling you to get moving - then do so. If it's telling you to slow down, then do so.

Aunt Sheshia gave good advice about reading Tran's take on exercising and Also on reading the exercise thread.
Closed Thread