Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 04:32 PM   #46  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Week 10 WI

Just back from my week 10 WI and I am down another 4 lbs for a total of 47 lbs! I know by next week I will reach 50 lbs lost. Amazing!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:53 PM   #47  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

wyoangel You lost 9lbs this week!! What did you do different from the other 3 weeks!! That is amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
wyoangel wow great job....our starting weight is the same. I lost 9.6 pounds the first 10 days and now my second official weigh in is today hoping to have lost another 3-4 pounds. I hope I am in the 20's soon. Do you step on the scale daily? I have a bad habit of doing that. I lost 1 to 1.4 pounds four days in a row and then stayed the same for two days and then was up .6 today. I did everything exactly the same every day except the type of meat and veggie at dinner (with little variety).

Well, the only thing I can figure out is that I added an extra packet (making it 4)......maybe about 4 times last week. But, I look at the previous weeks -1 weight loss and think my body was saving up for something! If you average that it would be 5 a week.....LOL!
Old 09-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #48  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Do you eat any restricted items?
Old 09-30-2010, 05:12 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking New Cheer!

NEW CHEER

Ideal protein is the way - to dump those pounds and rule the day!
Watch our back sides you will see - shrinking buttocks 1-2-3!
If you want to catch our stride - do not cheat it's suicide!

I had fun with this new cheer, but I was hesitant to put the word suicide in there so as not to offend some, but I've heard it said before that over eating is a slow form of suicide. The first time I heard that it really struck me hard. I had always said I could not understand how someone could take their life, it seemed so selfish and hurtful to their loved ones.

Yet if I were to have stayed at 300 plus pounds, and done nothing to change, I would have been taking years off my life. All that to say this fight for weight loss is a fight for our lives.

We all deserve to live life to it's fullest and then to give back to others with all that renewed life and vigor that we gain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
MINI-GOAL #1 : Weigh less than my husband. - -> Reached TODAY!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
Oh WOW! I hope I can be there some day but he's losing weight rapidly now to. It's going to take me a while but you gave me hope to think of that moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Good morning all! Great losses everyone!( group cheer! where's MotherDuck's chant?)
Did this one work for you Coastal? I love your sign in name by the way. I love the ocean and I love crafts (don't get much time to do them though) so I get a good feeling every time I see your name. I live on the west coast though, but I hear your side is nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
kaarin & sheila ~ the rest of the evening I hungrily ate my salad and celery while she threw down heaps of chicken wings talking about good carbs and bad carbs and her next Body Combat class. I just stayed quiet and said "well I think this will work for me".

And YES, my shrinking backside will be the proof in a month or so. I've got to stick with it now to prove to her if nothing else! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Wooohooooo! I'm down 22 lbs...and my bestie is down 15.8! WHAT A GREAT IP DAY!!!!!!!!
I've had some of these folks this week to. I try not to let it hurt my feelings. But one had me in tears this week. I got over it though, and I did not eat over it, so yay for me! Learning to feel the feelings instead of eat over them has been my biggest challenge on IP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
Idea about migraine relief. I was never a headache person until April of this year when I began to have migraines - full blown with the Aura that begins first. Well after alot of research since scan/health test revealed nothing the Neurologist that I saw recommended Treximet. It's a fairly new medications and if taken correctly has worked every time I have used it. It stops the Auro and I don't develop the headache. It's worth looking into.
My coach said she puts some of the sea salt in her hand and eats it whenever she gets a headache. She said it gets rid of the headaches almost immediately. Of course migraines I'm sure are different though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
Here's a little turn on MotherDuck's cheer:

I CAN DO IT
YOU CAN TOO
WE WILL FLUSH IT
DOWN THE LOO!!!

LOVE THAT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
OK, so I started IP on Sept 20 and have not cheated at all. I go in Friday morning for my WI and I don't know what the scale will say, but I will post when I get back from that. I am so very grateful to you all for all of your helpful information when I need it. I rely on you all as a group rather than call my very busy coach. So, I thank you, one and ALL for all of your posts. Whether up or down, it helps, cuz we've all been there. But one truth that stands out to me is, just keep doing it. Gripe, complain, whatever but don't cheat. Just do it. It works!

Have a good day my friends!
Sweet words, thank-you. This board just feels like home. I come here to post when I'm having a "I want another restricted IP bar" moment. It helps me so much to see how well the longer timers are doing. This group is full of people with much love in their hearts. So glad you've joined us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
NSV This has been a very stressful and emotional week here and for the first time in my adult life, I have not had any desire to bury my emotions with carb loaded foods. For the past 15 years, whenever I was anxious, sad, happy, angry, irritated...i'd eat. Not now!!! After only 60 plus days of being on I.P. (and with lots of prayer) I am allowing myself to feel my emotions!! And guess what I am surviving the feelings. They aren't killing me or overwhelming me, I'm level headed and coping!! Thank you I.P.

Oh well, thanks for listening...
So hear that! Way to go. It's not easy but I'm getting there to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
On the other hand, I've often mused aloud about shaving my head.
Oh my! Remember the exercise guru Susan Powers? I've always thought it would be so fun and easy to have hair like hers!

Congratulations to all of you that were reporting your weight losses, I'm just amazed every time I come here at how fast we are all making progress! I just love you guys! Yay team!
:c heer3:

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-30-2010 at 05:15 PM. Reason: fix smilie
Old 09-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Great new cheer, MDMJ. Thanks for a great laugh! Also, love the new avatar.

Jackie
Old 09-30-2010, 05:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Count me in Rachel! I want to move to Phase II next week and my coach told me that I can definitely do it if I lose 5 lbs by Tuesday. I'm down 1 lb already so hopefully I will be able to drop those last 4 before WI. Please pray for me everyone!

Thank you
Old 09-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

[/QUOTE]

It was Monday. And it hasn't changed. There's no reason to cheat today, tomorrow, or this weekend. It adds time to reaching the goal, and adds expense to an already expensive program. Just don't put yourself in a situation where it would be easy to cave. When you feel like cheating, go stand on your scale...
[/QUOTE]

Not to mention how unhealthy it is to keep going in and out of ketosis.

Mary
Old 09-30-2010, 06:14 PM   #53  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
MINI-GOAL #1 : Weigh less than my husband. - -> Reached TODAY!!!!!!

I'm so happy! Today I weight 1 pound less than my husband and that has not happened in 15 years!!!!
Congratulations -- that is fantastic. Whatever mini-goals we set for ourselves are small steps in our journey to meet our goal
Old 09-30-2010, 06:15 PM   #54  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=I'm svelting!;3502460
me ... I think I might be one of the unlucky ones who is gets hit with hair loss. [/QUOTE]

I too had hair loss but it is coming back, so it is not long term , then I realized that I also lost alot of hair after I had my son was born, so I thinks its just your bodies way of adjusting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
When you feel like cheating, go stand on your scale...

Oh, and this doesn't have the chef in action, but:
I love the pic, great idea to get on the scale when your thinking about cheating, would definatley make me think twice!!!

Any advice I can give is just to get it done, be positive about your accomplishments, make the most of what you can have and it will go by so fast you wont know what hit your shrunken backside!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #55  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
NSV This has been
Your avatar in absolutely stupendous. I'm sorry if I just noticed it. It's wonderful
Old 09-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #56  

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone, just looking for a bit of advice!! Has anyone been getting sick on this diet? Since Saturday i've been very nauseous. Granted i have a terrible cold but everyone else who has this bug does not have the nausea!! I'm having a hard time stomaching my vegies and espicially salads....they just don't seem to go down!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

First for me today and I managed the situation pretty well I think. I woke and drank a premade chocolate drink, then for lunch ate my fish with 1 cup of veggies so 2 hours later I had to have a pudding. Well about 2 hours later I thought for the first time since starting IP "I'm starving" and was out and about (mom duties) so I said OK what to I go get to eat??? Well I went to the grocery store and picked up the bag lettuce and a bottle of WF dressing and munched the whole container of lettuce in my car. At least I didn't cheat but I will have to pack something next time I'll be on the go for a few hours. Preparation for sure will keep me on track. Any ideas to pack besides the IP packets?
Old 09-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #58  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Great cheer MotherDuckMJ. It will be stuck in my head all day tomorrow!!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #59  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Thumbs up Hello ladies and gents!

2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks. I feel pretty awesome. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep going at this pace as long as possible but, I know it will probably slow down. But still, 14 lbs and almost 2 feet off my body.. CRAZY! The only down fall of being on IP is all the dishes that I go through to prepare food and what not ... my poor poor boyfriend lol He does all our dishes, as it's that easiest thing he can do and he's suffers from extremely debilitating asthma.

In response to yesterdays Daily Chat:

@Linden Oh don't you worry your pretty little head... I'm not going anywhere! You're all stuck with me.

@kaarin Glad to have someone right around the same start date! If you're really craving salty stuff.. try turnip chips.. they really hit the spot for a salty snack or even as "french fries" substitute. I'm right along with you... at the rate I'm going hopefully I'll drop down in to the 220's.. and I'll be a thin as I was in high school... gah 8 years ago. I'm looking forward to staying on coarse and maybe having a little 10 year reunion revenge when my classmates come home. I'm hoping they will all be.. "hey who is that girl? I don't recognizer her."

@RhondaLynn
Awesome to have ya on board with us, also I ♥♥♥ your avatar, such a pretty cat! I'm the crazy cat lady of my town... it's a sickness I swear.

@ BevS
I'm actually not having restricted packets daily, just when I feel the need for a change or a little boost of energy as I stay pretty active. I have yet to try the chilli, but I just recently found a recipe for the chilli to be used in a taco pizza style... I'll definitely be giving it a whirl possibly this week or next week.

I hope everyone has a great night and basks in some sort of delicious IP concoction for dinner/snack!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:55 PM   #60  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post

me ... I think I might be one of the unlucky ones who is gets hit with hair loss.
Please consider the Inositol capsules, and maybe some extra vitamin B? It sure can't hurt and each one is good for so many things, not just hair loss
Closed Thread