IP Daily Chat - Thurs 30 Sep 2010

You're on Page 5 of 6
Go to
  • Quote: 2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks.
    I think that combination has to be one of the best results posted here.
  • Quote: Just back from my week 10 WI and I am down another 4 lbs for a total of 47 lbs! I know by next week I will reach 50 lbs lost. Amazing!
    Wow! Congratulations awesome job. Update your tracker so it will show off your new weight.
  • Quote: 2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks. I feel pretty awesome. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep going at this pace as long as possible but, I know it will probably slow down. But still, 14 lbs and almost 2 feet off my body.. CRAZY! The only down fall of being on IP is all the dishes that I go through to prepare food and what not ... my poor poor boyfriend lol He does all our dishes, as it's that easiest thing he can do and he's suffers from extremely debilitating asthma.

In response to yesterdays Daily Chat:

@Linden Oh don't you worry your pretty little head... I'm not going anywhere! You're all stuck with me.

@kaarin Glad to have someone right around the same start date! If you're really craving salty stuff.. try turnip chips.. they really hit the spot for a salty snack or even as "french fries" substitute. I'm right along with you... at the rate I'm going hopefully I'll drop down in to the 220's.. and I'll be a thin as I was in high school... gah 8 years ago. I'm looking forward to staying on coarse and maybe having a little 10 year reunion revenge when my classmates come home. I'm hoping they will all be.. "hey who is that girl? I don't recognizer her."

@RhondaLynn
    Awesome to have ya on board with us, also I ♥♥♥ your avatar, such a pretty cat! I'm the crazy cat lady of my town... it's a sickness I swear.

@ BevS
    I'm actually not having restricted packets daily, just when I feel the need for a change or a little boost of energy as I stay pretty active. I have yet to try the chilli, but I just recently found a recipe for the chilli to be used in a taco pizza style... I'll definitely be giving it a whirl possibly this week or next week.

I hope everyone has a great night and basks in some sort of delicious IP concoction for dinner/snack!
    Great job!
  • Quote: congrats on reaching mini goals this week! I have had a tough time this week. Haven't cheated at all but have been so stressed with school work and boy problems that I have hardly eaten anything. On the plus side I haven't gained anything but I haven't lost either. I think I can still save the week this weekend if I'm extra strict. I've lost 3 and 4 lbs. just over the weekend before. Everyone with me on having and awesome cheat free/ perfect protocol weekend?
    I will have a cheat free weekend for sure!
  • Good evening all,

Just needing to vent a little - bad news at work today (no, nothing all that serious just something that will create a LOT more work for me) and I was so upset all I could think of was ordering a pizza and eating it all by myself. Instead, I got a diet Coke and felt like it was such a splurge. Funny how three week sans sugar can make a diet coke seem like the promised land. Honestly, it wasn't even that good but it felt good to do something in retaliation of my bad day at work. Anyway, that's all for now.
  • Quote: 2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks.

@RhondaLynn
    Awesome to have ya on board with us, also I ♥♥♥ your avatar, such a pretty cat! I'm the crazy cat lady of my town... it's a sickness I swear.
    Wow--you are my hero! Such a great WI! See, I'm right around you & kaarin. My 3rd WI will be Monday.

The kitty >'.'< in my avatar is Stella. She is 5 years old and is very overweight. She rolls onto her back for you to pet her tummy. I always tell her "oh girl, I know how you feel to roll and only able to move your arms and legs." Stella was attacked by a wild dog as a baby and doesn't have the use of her back left leg. So she doesn't get much exercise and has gained weight. I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have 3 other cats besides Stella. And the ragdoll kitty just had 6 babies last week!!
  • What is there about trying to get that 50 lb. weight loss? Just missed it this week by 1/4 lb...Yikes...I know I'll get there and I've lost steadily each week and I'm not going to be finished when I reach that loss BUT it is a milestone that's so far eluding me. Yes, I'm losing inches, and my clothes are getting bigger so I'll just have to keep on keeping on...there is no other choice.

My coach did ask me today if I'm always this lighthearted and outgoing? I told her "only when I'm thinner" so that just about says it all and it was a reminder that I am no longer the person I was 49-3/4 lbs ago. I'll celebrate that fact.

Marilyn
  • Quote: Good evening all,

Just needing to vent a little - bad news at work today (no, nothing all that serious just something that will create a LOT more work for me) and I was so upset all I could think of was ordering a pizza and eating it all by myself. Instead, I got a diet Coke and felt like it was such a splurge. Funny how three week sans sugar can make a diet coke seem like the promised land. Honestly, it wasn't even that good but it felt good to do something in retaliation of my bad day at work. Anyway, that's all for now.
    I had an awful day at work too so I'm feelin' for ya. Tonight I would just love a big bowl of cereal or ice cream. But I put an extra Equal in my tea and it's good and sweet. Think I'll go to bed early too.
  • Quote: 2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks. I feel pretty awesome. I'm hoping I'll be able to keep going at this pace as long as possible but, I know it will probably slow down. But still, 14 lbs and almost 2 feet off my body.. CRAZY! The only down fall of being on IP is all the dishes that I go through to prepare food and what not ... my poor poor boyfriend lol He does all our dishes, as it's that easiest thing he can do and he's suffers from extremely debilitating asthma.

In response to yesterdays Daily Chat:

@Linden Oh don't you worry your pretty little head... I'm not going anywhere! You're all stuck with me.

@kaarin Glad to have someone right around the same start date! If you're really craving salty stuff.. try turnip chips.. they really hit the spot for a salty snack or even as "french fries" substitute. I'm right along with you... at the rate I'm going hopefully I'll drop down in to the 220's.. and I'll be a thin as I was in high school... gah 8 years ago. I'm looking forward to staying on coarse and maybe having a little 10 year reunion revenge when my classmates come home. I'm hoping they will all be.. "hey who is that girl? I don't recognizer her."

@RhondaLynn

@ BevS
    I'm actually not having restricted packets daily, just when I feel the need for a change or a little boost of energy as I stay pretty active. I have yet to try the chilli, but I just recently found a recipe for the chilli to be used in a taco pizza style... I'll definitely be giving it a whirl possibly this week or next week.

I hope everyone has a great night and basks in some sort of delicious IP concoction for dinner/snack!
    Wow, what a wonderful WI result! Congratulations! I've been watching your results since I started and it's a real inspiration! A pound a day, and so many inches (which really show!).
    I try not to, but I do usually weigh myself daily, today it dipped under 220 and I was so excited. I know our weight can fluctuate quite a bit in the course of the day and I may be higher tomorrow, but IT WAS THERE!
    I am going to try making some of those turnip chips this weekend. We're actually trying a bit of a variation on your bbq sauce tonight. Tastes great!
  • Quote: Okay, I've encountered my first naysayer. I wanted to shout "SHUT UP ALREADY!!!" She's my best friend and is taking courses to be a certified Personal Trainer. I'm getting so sick of her acting like she knows every fricken' thing about the body when just a year ago she was selling electricity.

Thanks for letting me VENT!!

I'm going to do what I need to do for myself.
    Hi Rhonda! Yes, do this for yourself! My son has a four-year degree in exercise science...personal training....and he thinks this is awesome. He has the educational background to understand the physiology involved, and your friend probably does not yet. Just stay the course and prove her wrong!
  • Quote: That is a great NSV, one that will make a huge difference for your eating and more importantly -- every relationship in your life!

me ... I think I might be one of the unlucky ones who is gets hit with hair loss. I noticed it yesterday in the shower, and today it seems every other minute my desk has stray hair on it. In the last few years, I have resolved a long-standing scalp/hair issue, but am not back to 100%. So losing more hair? Not terribly appealing to me. On the other hand, I've often mused aloud about shaving my head.

If it continues -- or god forbid, accelerates -- over the weekend, I'll be moving to phase 2 or maybe even 3 PRONTO to minimize my hair losses. Doing so will probably slow my weight loss. It's not that difficult a choice, I'm within range of where I wanted to be in 12-13 weeks and I always had a plan to move on after that. The shift may just happen a couple weeks before I intended it originally.
    Hi I'm Svelting! I have followed with interest the discussions on losing hair on the diet. It should definitely be temporary, I believe. The medical term is telegen effluvium. You might want to Google it. Abrupt diet changes is one of the potential causes, much like pregnancy, surgery, and severe stress. At least if you have to endure it, it should be temporary....a small, temporary price to pay for better health, I think!
  • I was in the car waiting to pick up one of my kids this afternoon when I heard an ad on the radio for a weight loss program. I think it was for hypnosis or something like that. Anyway, they had a gal on the radio exclaiming that she lost 4 lbs in ONE month!!! I thought, geeze, I've been on IP for ten days or so and it is my TOM right now and I've lost more than that!!!
    I love IP.
    Gunna go refill my water glass right now and do a toast to my friends here!!!
  • Quote: Just back from my week 10 WI and I am down another 4 lbs for a total of 47 lbs! I know by next week I will reach 50 lbs lost. Amazing!
    Yes--YOU are amazing for doing this!

• Quote: 2nd WI today.. I'm down another 7lbs and 8". That puts me at -14lbs 23.5 inches in 2 weeks. I feel pretty awesome.
    You should feel awesome! That is great!
  • I am so happy with myself right now! I started IP about 2 1/2 weeks ago. No official weigh-in yet...but I am sure I am losing. I can tell just looking at how clothes are fitting, and my hubby agrees.

I am also proud of myself. My husband and I are on vacation right now...a road trip of sorts in the Ozarks. We went to Silver Dollar City the last two days. There is lots of good old Southern comfort food there....Fried chicken, fried potatoes, pies, ice cream, popcorn, sweets, etc. I have managed to avoid cheating in this atmosphere. It was difficult with all the sights and smells. But I concentrated on the other wonderful parts of the park. This is their annual Crafts festival, so there are artists and crafters galore. We have had a marvelous time. I had to search, but was able to find appropriate foods to eat. I carried an extra RTD with me, and needed it each day....I suspect due to all the constant walking up and down hills all day.

I can't tell you how reading all of the posts every day has helped me realize that I could do this without cheating. Thanks to all!