Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
Are you getting enough meat at dinner and are you eating your two cups of veggies with both lunch and dinner?
Eating the right amount of meat, even have a kitchen scale and my 2 cups of veg 2x a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter2 View Post
Cie, I stayed in boot camp until I went to phase 2. Like yourself my scale would not move at all then one day I would be down 2 lbs. I also never had the big C nor TOM because my hysterectomy.
If you stay with the program the pounds will come off.
Thanks! Hard not to get discouraged when you put the $$$ out and want to see results.

Thanks both of you for the encouragement!

Cie
Old 09-29-2010, 02:34 PM   #32  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Just reading through the manual again and there was a question about a client not losing weight for 3 weeks and they answered: "...Contemplate a week or two of the protocol with the "rocket-fuel" foods only (no restricted foods) and no restricted vegetables."

What I'm getting from that is that the "Rocket-Fuel" packs are the non-restricteds?

The next question:
Q: After losing 50 lbs my dieter hasn't lost anything else! What's going on?
A: After losing 50 lbs (having been on the protocol for a while) they are probably gaining some muscle at this point, which would offset the scale weight. Also check their food diary carefully: maybe they haven't been filling it out weekly at this point. Look for "2 restricted foods" per day. Tell them "little cheats" will replenish some glycogen and they will gain water weight. We also suggest 1 week of "Boot Camp": 5 envelopes of protein (Rocket-Fuel-Only) soups, drinks and puddings. One for breakfast, one for lunch, 2 for dinner - NO WHOLE FOOD PROTEIN and 1 at bedtime.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 09-29-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:40 PM   #33  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Read further about another client not losing and it says "...tell her to do a week "hard core". Consume only the "Rocket fuel" foods (drinks, soups and puddings - no restricted foods). Ensure she eats her vegetables (and has a bowel movement each day) and drinks the MINIMUM of 2 L of water. She should have results in a week."

Haha, I would hate to have to be the person there "ensuring" she has a bowel movement every day!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:52 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 237/204/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi! it's your twin, well maybe after a few more pounds gone

This makes alot of sense to me, the first week I started IP, I didn't read the instructions well and was having a 5oz meat plus a protein pkt with the veggies at dinner, perhaps that attributed to the 9.8lb loss that week, I realized what I had done and quit the additional IP pkt with dinner. I have since gradually tapered down to where last week I only lost 1lb so the clinic had me go to phase 2, this week was a little better at -2.5lbs, but I still have alot to lose, I feel like I should still be in Bootcamp?

Is there any difference in Bootcamp and Phase1 or is it one in the same?

Any suggestions would be awesome - as I'm still trying to figure everything out.
Old 09-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post

Thank so much for sharing this!!!

Congrats to all of you and such wonderful losses and staying strong!!!!

Leaving for Fla mon early to see my mom, she does have a pool..I tried on my size 22 bathing suit- huge! I tried on the 20 ( still with tags on it hoping someday it would fit- Very Big!)
I searched thru the archives on my closet and found a 2 piece size 16( you know with skirt attached on the bottom half) well IT FIT! I didn't like the way it looked ( my rolls have rolls) So I decided to try to take in the size 20 One piece suit with skirt attached bathing suit, and little by little, it came out great!!! First of all I cut 6" of the skirt length, and serged that edge. Then I lifted up the straps in front and back- sewing them down tight.. Then make the skirt seams fitted ( so I didn't look pregnant cause it hung funny cause it was too big) I thought If I ruin it- who cares I'll just be at my mom's NOT in public.. Then with the extra fabric I cut off the skirt, I took 2 pieces and tied knots over where I sewed, so the extra stitching didn't show, then I turned the knots around so it has a more finished look..

I have had no training in sewing, but I do so many crafts, I gave it a try.. had to share...
Way to go, CC! I did the same thing with my bras until I reached goal--took 2 whole inches off each side. Looked fine from the outside of my clothes.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:03 PM   #36  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Way to go, CC! I did the same thing with my bras until I reached goal--took 2 whole inches off each side. Looked fine from the outside of my clothes.
Well I was gonna try that with the bras, but went to walmart and bought a nice (underwire) hanes for $5. Can't beat that price..
Old 09-29-2010, 04:06 PM   #37  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Read further about another client not losing and it says "...tell her to do a week "hard core". Consume only the "Rocket fuel" foods (drinks, soups and puddings - no restricted foods). Ensure she eats her vegetables (and has a bowel movement each day) and drinks the MINIMUM of 2 L of water. She should have results in a week."

Haha, I would hate to have to be the person there "ensuring" she has a bowel movement every day!
Ok I have to ask.. does everyone else "go" daily? I'm ever 2nd or 3 day.. any one else care to share?????????????????????
Old 09-29-2010, 04:10 PM   #38  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

I haven't gone since a little bit on Saturday!!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

I go daily, if I don't I feel crappy and get a back ache. I take 1 novi-lax at bedtime. With all of the fiber we are eating I am surprised any of us have problems. I have always had problems with that my whole life. I had my WI today down another 3 pounds!! U was on kinda a mixed week of phase 1 and phase 2. I don't like phase 2 it is a pain in the butt. I didn't feel good when doing it and didn't have as much energy but I might have a stomach bug of some kind as I posted earlier just not feeling good. Down to normal body fat, what a great feeling!!! I still want to lose another 4 pounds or so then need to get into the gym and tone up. I have missed the gym.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:36 PM   #40  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Way to go CC and BevS!!! I love the idea!! Especially if you are planning on shrinking some more. Then I can buy new bras closer to goal or even at goal! The bras I have now were really expensive. I am going to Hawaii in December and hope to get a new swim suit for that trip. I don't even want to look at the suits in my drawer now Fugly!!

Regarding the BM? I usually go every day.

I have a question about the weighing of the meat/fish. Do you weigh before cooking? That is what I have been doing. Also thanks for posting the info on the sucralose free pkgs. I just don't like the taste.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Weigh meat raw.
Old 09-29-2010, 04:46 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Today is about halves for me!
1) I'm halfway stalling on the mid-term I need to take this week.
2) I am past the halfway point on the Halloween challenge.
3) I am over halfway to my total weight loss goal with my loss of 3.1 pounds at my weigh in today! That is over 60 pounds!!!
4) I only half believe how easily this is happening!

I still find myself shaking my head in disbelief. Yes, I know I have made sacrifices and it hasn't always been easy, but compared to everything else I have tried to do to lose weight---including my bout with Phen Phan 13 years ago, this is easy and I now believe that once I get to where I want to be, I will be able to stay there.

I had an interesting realization this week. I don't have a clue what I will look like when I reach my goal. The dress I selected to wear on Saturday, is what I had always envisioned as sort of a "goal dress". Where do I go from here? It's kind of fun to imagine!

On the other hand, my tummy is growling and I still have about 50 minutes before I usually make lunch. I need a refill on my water bottle please!
Congratulations Marion!
I know what you mean about wondering what you'll look like. I have never been thin, but in my 20's I was a reasonable weight. I was looking at old pictures of myself, trying to imagine that girl, but 30 years older!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi Everyone! Just a quick question. Has anyone heard from Kelsey (Melissau since the 18th?? I haven't seen her on here & her last post was about seeing her
endocrinologist & I wondered how she is. I miss her!

if you have any news, I'd love an update!
Old 09-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #44  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Hi all!
This is week three for me. On Sat I was 177.5, and it has not budged until this am when I am 178. I am following what I guess would be boot camp. 3 packets, no restricted packets. I am drinking about 120 oz a day. Not constipated. I have had a hysterectomy 10 years ago so no TOM for me. I wanted to cry this morning. I have not cheated...but feel my body is cheating me right now. Gonna go over my stuff today and see what I can tweak.

Have a great day all.
Cie
The only category I'm relatively an authority on is losing and gaining it back , but I'd suggest you add the 4th packet back in. Sounds counterintuitive, but I'll give it a better than 50% chance of working.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:17 PM   #45  
The Dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi Everyone! Just a quick question. Has anyone heard from Kelsey (Melissau since the 18th?? I haven't seen her on here & her last post was about seeing her
endocrinologist & I wondered how she is. I miss her!

if you have any news, I'd love an update!
I have been wondering the same thing for days now!!!!!
I miss her too!! I hope she's just busy......
Closed Thread