Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to post my experience from my weekend and to let any that has been thinking of cheating to give it a second thought. I know I will! LOL

My DH 40th birthday was yesterday so I planned a surprise party for him last Friday. I decided to have a complete cheat day on Friday and on Saturday. I made a roast beef supper with potatoes, gravy, brussell sprouts, york shire pudding. Then when all the company came I had 4 drinks and ate munchies through out the evening. Before the end of the night was done I was already not feeling good. Felt like I had a ball in my tummy that would not move. That night I started getting some of my old symptoms back that I had before I started IP. I have not had problems with restless leg syndrome that affects the bottoms of my feet and they drove my crazy for 2 nights after and could not sleep. I also had suffered from headaches and migraines since I was 13 (I'm now 37) and when I start IP within 1 week they were gone. Low and behold I had a headache for 2 days also. I had no energy and felt very sluggish. I honestly felt like I had a food hang-over is what I called it, it was horrible. On Sunday I went right back onto Phase 1 and by Sunday evening I started to feel better and by Monday I was feel great. No restless feet, my headache was gone, my stomach felt normal and my energy was back. YUCK NOT DOING THAT AGAIN! LOL It just is not worth it.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #62  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=mbswainer;3499300][QUOTE=tcswain;3498779]Starting day 3 !! Woke up this morning to a note on the counter from 23-year-old son. It said "Great Job, Mom. Keep up the good work!" It feels great to have your family cheering you on and encouraging the IP program [/QUOT

Wow my wonderful sister in law, I am so impressed with my youngest nephew!!! I know you are going to do wonderful on IP and feel fantastic like I do!!!! Keep it up!!

Oh my gosh, you look so beautiful and happy!! What a fabulous looking couple. Getting married in a candlelit ceremony in a glass chapel! Most romantic wedding I have ever heard about, pictures please after the big event!!! Congratulations! on the wedding dress, it should be a reality show you are an inspiration!

[QUOTE=salesgod;3499064]Just came from my WI. Down another 4 lbs. If I hit my goal for the Halloween Challenge, I'll be ready for Phase 2. No more omelets for lunch, which means I better get some photos of the chef at play in the work kitchen. Heh, maybe even some video...

Great Job, my husband wants to start IP soon because you are a awesome male success story. Thanks for sharing and being so encouraging to us all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Got home last night from a 9-day vacation at my parents' cabin in Colorado... it was a WONDERFUL time, lots of cool weather & GORGEOUS fall foliage... the aspens were at their peak of color, just what I went up there to see... yellows, golds, oranges, reds, AMAZING!!!.. it was also a TOUGH time, my mother is an excellent cook, but she just doesn't understand this diet, so I did most of my own cooking... besides that, I wouldn't expect them to eat like I'm eating anyway... I was able to "force" them to eat more salads than they usually do, but I think they were pretty sick of them by the time we left... I got in a few great hikes, but otherwise I didn't do much exercise... I always seem to burn more calories just doing nothing at 9000 feet above sea level than I do at home, so maybe that made up for too much sitting around, playing cards or watching the clouds float by overhead... I managed to stay in Phase II without veering off much... I learned that the words "Maybe I can get by with" are NEVER to be used while on IP protocol!!!.. next time I think about using them, I'm gonna substitute the word "poison" at the end of the sentence, instead of "a handful of peanuts" !!!.. I'm jumping back into Boot Camp today, hoping to undo any damage I might've done over the last week... I feel pretty good, though, so I don't think I messed it up...

Glad your back and that you had a great time! Good job being strong and sticking with it!

Well it's day 20 for me and I feel so discouraged.... I feel as if this program isn't working at all. I haven't once cheated and I feel like I'm eating too much & noticing no difference. Boo......

I am on week 12 and have had ups and downs. It has taken me until now even after reading everyones tips on this wonderful forum to realize even on IP we need to make good choices. I thought I was choosing good veggies and packets of IP. But looking back now I was eating a lot of higher carb veggies, and packets and drinking lots of water. But I needed even more water, all of us are different and our needs are different. So you might want to look at the carbs in what your eating and mix it up a bit plus try more water. Don't give up!!! This truly works, I am losing now more then I was and feeling so good. I started phase 2 this week and am still losing, I didn't expect that. I was eating the choc drink mix everyday and changed for the choc pudding in the mornings which is 5 less carbs. Just little things like that might make a difference for you.
Today I ate lunch with a friend and told her my sister-in-law encouraged me to start IP. We are both on our way to feeling and looking better -- you have a great head start -- good job on starting Phase 2
Old 09-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I ate lunch with a girlfriend today and took my IP packet, shaker, vegies, lettuce, etc. So of course I had to explain what I was doing We spent our whole lunch time talking IP. She wants me to let her know how I do and you can bet I will be sure to keep her informed. I didn't think I would ever look forward to getting on a scale, but my WI isn't until Saturday
Was it that gal with the candy drawer?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #64  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

I have $90 worth of packets. I'd sell all of them for $60... is this fair?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #65  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Have any of you watched the new tv
show on monday nights on the east coast called MIKE and MOLLY? It's so funny! An obese cop and obese
school teacher meet at an Overeater Anonymous meeting...

Her mom is a size 4 ( played by swoosie kurtz) is eating choc cake while MOLLY is working out on her eliptical-
telling her she is just big boned.. Molly replies' bones don't jiggle mom'.....OMG
so funny!!!
My hubby and I laughed and laughed - so good to see plus size on tv too!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #66  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hey all;

Well it's day 20 for me and I feel so discouraged.... I feel as if this program isn't working at all. I haven't once cheated and I feel like I'm eating too much & noticing no difference. Boo......

On a happier note; Congrats to you all on the wonderful weightlosses so far this week!! Good job!
Don't be discouraged - I feel like I can't really tell much yet either, even though I've lost over 10 pounds - I can still wear all the same clothes - be patien - soon it will happen!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 330/306/250

Smile

RACHEL13-I am interested in buying them. You can e-mail Thank You....T

Last edited by Teresak1957; 09-29-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #68  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdclark View Post
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to post my experience from my weekend and to let any that has been thinking of cheating to give it a second thought. I know I will! LOL

My DH 40th birthday was yesterday so I planned a surprise party for him last Friday. I decided to have a complete cheat day on Friday and on Saturday. I made a roast beef supper with potatoes, gravy, brussell sprouts, york shire pudding. Then when all the company came I had 4 drinks and ate munchies through out the evening. Before the end of the night was done I was already not feeling good. Felt like I had a ball in my tummy that would not move. That night I started getting some of my old symptoms back that I had before I started IP. I have not had problems with restless leg syndrome that affects the bottoms of my feet and they drove my crazy for 2 nights after and could not sleep. I also had suffered from headaches and migraines since I was 13 (I'm now 37) and when I start IP within 1 week they were gone. Low and behold I had a headache for 2 days also. I had no energy and felt very sluggish. I honestly felt like I had a food hang-over is what I called it, it was horrible. On Sunday I went right back onto Phase 1 and by Sunday evening I started to feel better and by Monday I was feel great. No restless feet, my headache was gone, my stomach felt normal and my energy was back. YUCK NOT DOING THAT AGAIN! LOL It just is not worth it.
WOW Thanks so much for posting this. I am so glad you are feeling better! I remember right before I started IP I had pizza and I remember feeling the ball in my belly! Yuk!! A very good reminder why we are eating all of our veggies and drinking all of our water!! Thanks again!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #69  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
How has the TOM affected weight loss when you weigh in? Did you notice a couple extra "pounds" (water retnention)??

Also what low carb veggies are good staples? I"ve been eating green cabbage a lot but I've heard mixed messages about them not being the best veg choice.....Also I love cauliflower. I better research the carb count on these. My clinic never mentioned that I should choose the lower carb vegs if I want to lose the weight faster......
I love turnips. Here is a list that someone else posted to the site. It shows the counts for a variety of veggies.
Attached Files
File Type: doc VegCarbs.doc (109.5 KB, 21 views)
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #70  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
As phase II looms and phase III will soon follow - I'm realizing I probably want to go down another 10-15 pounds. I chose the weight I did because it is the lowest I've ever been as a teen or adult and I started to not feel good at i.his weight in the past I feel great, I'm looking great and feel I can get down the other 10-15. Do I keep on phase 1 till I get there or do I phase out - maintain for a month then go back on? Thoughts? Personal insights? My PA who introduced me to the program says he's found it hard to go back on phase 1 to loose more weight. I value your experience and input. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Jean

Jean, Why don't you talk to your coach right away (like tomorrow) and tell her your goals have changed. Most coaches are very open to it. I don't see why she wouldn't let you switch back to phase 1 right away so that you can maximize your weight loss and get the 10-15 off that you want to get off! That's my thought. Good Luck!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:04 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 248/183/150

Height: 5'10''

hello all,
So I officially started IP on friday 9/17 and had an awefull start with fatigue and headaches.....better about day 4. Had my 1st official WI sat 9/25 and down 12 pounds in 8 days!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #72  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default ... bad choice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyM View Post
WOW Thanks so much for posting this. I am so glad you are feeling better! I remember right before I started IP I had pizza and I remember feeling the ball in my belly! Yuk!! A very good reminder why we are eating all of our veggies and drinking all of our water!! Thanks again!
SallyM,
I had pizza for dinner the night before I began IP also. I'm certain doing so did not help my cause... but it may have been why I lost 16 pounds my first week. My body was really wanting to get rid of all those toxins. I still love all the veggies and the water... and most of all... FREEDOM from CRAVINGS along with the will power to make the right choice concerning what goes into this body!

Thanks to all who take the time to post your stories, questions and answers... while I've been a spectator for the most part, my heart is with your all... and thankful to be "here".
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 PM   #73  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Well I called the Dr today and my TSH level is 5.040 and they said high is 4.5 so I guess I will have to do some research of what that means - see the Dr next week and not sure I will be able to understand his explanation?

Anyone know a bit about TSH levels?

Elle
Hi Elle,
Did your Dr also look at your Free T4 in conjunction with your TSH? Together the TSH and Free T4 levels provide a better overall picture than one or the other alone.

I do agree with the others and I strongly urge you to visit an endocrinologist. Somethings, like the thyroid and your hormones, which impact your entire body, including your heart, metabolism, and brain, really do need specialized care and endocrinologists have the specific training, knowledge and experience.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Default First WI!!!

I couldn't wait to share this with all my new IP friends. My first WI was this evening and I'm down 9 lbs to 222!!! My coach also said that I was down 1% body fat, which she said was good for one week, and lost total of 7 inches, 3 of which were from my waist. I couldn't be happier!
Old 09-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hey all;

On a happier note; Congrats to you all on the wonderful weightlosses so far this week!! Good job!
Hang in there AvaLynn. You have a terrific support group here. Have you analyzed everything you're eating/doing? One thing I've learned this short week that I have been on the program is that you have to follow it STRICTLY. Everything from enough water, salt and olive oil, to making sure not too many hi carb veggies, restricted items etc.
My coach told me a story today. She does not want her clients having any restricted items for at least 3-4 weeks. I know that in many places restricted items are okay right away. She said she has a client here who started the same time, at approximately the same weight, as a friend of hers in Florida. The client here has lost 65 pounds in about 4 mths, but her friend in Florida has only lost 25 in the same time. The only difference they came up with was the restricted items. The Florida friend was using them from day one.
That was certainly enough to convince me to stay away from the restricted items at least for a few more weeks.
Closed Thread