Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #46  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
won't your clinic let you trade unopened IP packets for the ones you like??? Ours does..
They have to be in their original box with the box seal unopened.. it's lame
Old 09-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #47  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

It is so nice to come and read everyones stories and updates. Very inspiring and motivating.

Congrates on all those that are seeing a results.

I had WI2 today and lost another 4.5lbs so that makes 11.5 in two weeks. I love IP, and eventually I will love the vegies
Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #48  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Survived my reunion

Hello all! I am glad to say that I had a fabulous weekend at my 20th HS reunion!! Three nights of serious celebration and I did not eat any carbs!! I did have alcohol, though, so it was not a total success as far as IP goes.

The bad news (besides knowing that I am not 18 anymore) is that I feel awful today. I'm pretty sure it's a cold (sore throat and my ears ache) but also that lousy feeling I had on the first few days of IP so my choices obviously had an effect on my diet.

Here's to hoping that this 'induction flu' feeling passes quickly and I'm back on the losing train quickly!!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:26 PM   #49  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

One other thing before I forget. Several of you mention keeping a spreadsheet to track your weight loss. Can any of you post an example of that? I can do okay with Excel but it helps if I have a guide to follow. If you want to PM vs. posting, that is okay, too. Thanks!!
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

How has the TOM affected weight loss when you weigh in? Did you notice a couple extra "pounds" (water retnention)??

Also what low carb veggies are good staples? I"ve been eating green cabbage a lot but I've heard mixed messages about them not being the best veg choice.....Also I love cauliflower. I better research the carb count on these. My clinic never mentioned that I should choose the lower carb vegs if I want to lose the weight faster......
Old 09-28-2010, 07:06 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Hello everyone!

I am back to work now so I have not had a lot of time to come on here! I really miss being able to read all of the posts and tips all day and now.. am stuck working! How are you all? Sounds like there are a couple of newbies just starting out! Good luck, hang in there , because IP freakin rocks! I got so many compliments at work today about how I look! It really re-inforces my commitment!

Talk soon all,

Candace
Old 09-28-2010, 07:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Have any of you watched the new tv
show on monday nights on the east coast called MIKE and MOLLY? It's so funny! An obese cop and obese
school teacher meet at an Overeater Anonymous meeting...

Her mom is a size 4 ( played by swoosie kurtz) is eating choc cake while MOLLY is working out on her eliptical-
telling her she is just big boned.. Molly replies' bones don't jiggle mom'.....OMG
so funny!!!
I watched that show and it is hilarious!!!

Riskeee jokes or puns and all - this is not like the 30 minute family comedies I remember. But sooo funny - some of the punch lines make me go "did they really say that?"

This week Molly had a cold and took some codine cough syrup with a diet pill before her first date with Mike....that actress is really good!!! I laughed a lot!

Elle
Old 09-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 330/306/250

Rachel13 How much are you asking for all your IP packets? I am on a fixed income and would be interested if the price is right.Teresa

Last edited by Teresak1957; 09-28-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #54  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hey all;

Well it's day 20 for me and I feel so discouraged.... I feel as if this program isn't working at all. I haven't once cheated and I feel like I'm eating too much & noticing no difference. Boo......

On a happier note; Congrats to you all on the wonderful weightlosses so far this week!! Good job!
What is a typical day like for you? Maybe someone can help with your plateau.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:23 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hey all;

Well it's day 20 for me and I feel so discouraged.... I feel as if this program isn't working at all. I haven't once cheated and I feel like I'm eating too much & noticing no difference. Boo......

On a happier note; Congrats to you all on the wonderful weightlosses so far this week!! Good job!
Please don't be discouraged. You will lose. Have you tried increasing your water. If not try to get in at least 100 to 128 ounces a day. That should definitely give your weight loss a boost. Keep the faith and we will always be here for you to give you encouragement.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hey everyone. I cleaned out my cabinet where I keep all my IP stuff today and found 6 packets of chocolate pudding, 2 packets of fine herbs and cheese, 3 packets of pomegranate drink, 3 packets of vanilla pudding mix, 7 packets of chicken soup mix, 4 packets of chocolate drink mix, 3 packets of vegetable chili mix, and 2 packets of spaghetti mix. I don't like any of these... unfortunately I have picky taste buds. If you are interested in buying any of these or all of these way cheaper than what our clinics sell them for let me know and we can work out a deal. Otherwise, they will go to waste
How much are you selling them for?
Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Hey everyone. I cleaned out my cabinet where I keep all my IP stuff today and found 6 packets of chocolate pudding, 2 packets of fine herbs and cheese, 3 packets of pomegranate drink, 3 packets of vanilla pudding mix, 7 packets of chicken soup mix, 4 packets of chocolate drink mix, 3 packets of vegetable chili mix, and 2 packets of spaghetti mix. I don't like any of these... unfortunately I have picky taste buds. If you are interested in buying any of these or all of these way cheaper than what our clinics sell them for let me know and we can work out a deal. Otherwise, they will go to waste
Or you could trade them in when you see your coach.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

I got back home late Sunday night after 4 days visiting my DGD's in TX. I stayed on-protocol the whole time - except for the trip down there - my flight was delayed so I only got 2 packets in for the day. It was just too late to eat by the time I got there. Just went to bed. I was so good, that I saved the 2 peanut pkgs from the plane and gave them to my DGD's!

And it all paid off - my WI tonight showed a 3.4 lb. loss!

Congrats to all you losers! I'm proud to be in the club.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle12 View Post
Well I called the Dr today and my TSH level is 5.040 and they said high is 4.5 so I guess I will have to do some research of what that means - see the Dr next week and not sure I will be able to understand his explanation?

Anyone know a bit about TSH levels?

Elle
I have been on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism since my last child was born 24 years ago. My TSH was about 12 when I was diagnosed. I had all the symptoms as well as a large goiter. In general, the higher the TSH, the lower your thyroid function is. My doctor tries to keep my level near 1.0. Here is a good article on the subject: http://thyroid.about.com/cs/hypothyr...dertreated.htm
Old 09-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #60  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

I ate lunch with a girlfriend today and took my IP packet, shaker, vegies, lettuce, etc. So of course I had to explain what I was doing We spent our whole lunch time talking IP. She wants me to let her know how I do and you can bet I will be sure to keep her informed. I didn't think I would ever look forward to getting on a scale, but my WI isn't until Saturday
Closed Thread