Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:23 AM   #16  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
You all crack me up. I'm currently cooking my zucchini chips with the instructions given earlier... it's a little late but i've been out shopping for a halloween costume.. it was a lot of fun
So how did they turn out?

Had my WI yesterday. I'm down 4.2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
You all crack me up. I'm currently cooking my zucchini chips with the instructions given earlier... it's a little late but i've been out shopping for a halloween costume.. it was a lot of fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I haven't been around the last few days but boy have I had some crazy stuff going on...

For starters, I sometimes house stray cats and I found homes for 3 kitties this weekend, and while cleaning a pet porter I dropped my $500 cell phone in water and fried it. Later that evening, I won $20.00.

This morning, I walked to my local clinic for a follow up on my hypothyroidism... The good news... I went from a 5.8 to a 1.6 on my levels. Also, my blood pressure was 101/70! Thats the lowest my blood pressure has ever been in my life! So I get to drop one of my meds! YAYAYAYAYAYAY! I'm down just shy of 12 pounds according to my doc's scale... that's almost 12 pounds in less than 2 weeks! CRAZY. My 2nd weigh in is on Thursday... So I'm pretty excited to share all my medical results with my coach. Later on today, I got a sweet deal on a new smartphone, and couldn't be happier.

I made it through the weekend and since my first weigh in with NO cheating. It's getting easier and easier to say no to food and sweets. It really doesn't even phase me, and that says a lot as my boyfriend still has ice cream in the freezer. I'm so happy about the health improvement and the weight loss.

My sister is 14 years older than me and roughly about 170 lbs but she loses weight much easier than I do, probably from all the PT in the military she does... but my point being: I was talking to my mom about my goal weight and how hopefully come Christmas, I'll be able to playfully flaunt my skinny body and my youth when my sister comes home for the holidays. Since there is such a large age difference between us I always give her a hard time... boy... I can't wait.. she'll never see it comming. hehehe
I know what you mean. I'm the youngest in my family and have always been the fattest sister. I can't wait to be the skinny one!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Top of the Mornin' Everyone!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
I made it through my first day on IP yesterday (woooohooooo)! I have to admit I was kind of nervous. Everything I read said to expect headaches, hunger, etc. I didn't have any of that. Hmmmm. Should I not speak so soon? I had the rice crisp for breakfast (I'll try adding to water this morning as opposed to throwing the pack back in my mouth and drinking water--now that I know that there's powdered milk inside the packet and not just crushed crisps ) omlet and sauted mushrooms for lunch, the caramel and nut bar for a snack (I've heard mixed things as to whether or not these are acceptable so early), and sauted shrimp over a spring salad with the asain WF dressing (yummo). I also ate about 7 spears of dill pickles throughout the day (should I worry about the sodium or as long as I don't eat this many everyday I'll be fine?) Oh, and about 93 oz of water! So far so good! I'm really optimistic! Thanks everyone for your responses and feedback thus far! Hopefully I can inspire someone with my success story one day!
You can do this...take one day at a time, makes it so much easier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Starting day 3 !! Woke up this morning to a note on the counter from 23-year-old son. It said "Great Job, Mom. Keep up the good work!" It feels great to have your family cheering you on and encouraging the IP program
What a thoughtful son you have, family is so important on this IP journey, you will do great

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
I have slowed down losing weight.
Any suggestions?
I have stated a Yoga (7 min) stretching program for my back and thought I should mix up my meals a little(I have pretty much eatten the same thing over and over for 2 months now). Also I have not been getting my 3rd pkt of IP in so I am going to add soya nuts. Any thoughts on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
A slow down is to be expected...I went 3 wks in a row only losing 2 lbs and then bam...dropped 5...hang in there!!

[QUOTE=Joplin;3498818]Good Morning Everyone. Isn't it a fantastic day?! I've lost 12lbs and gone down 2 sizes in my jeans. Now I'm doing the happy dance.

[/QUOTE

It is a fantastic Manitoba morning here, little breezy you are doing so great keep up the wonderful job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninspokane View Post
Well - day two for me. I learned from yesterday's mistake and made something solid for breakfast - orange pancakes. I feel fuller than yesterday and should be able to easily make it to lunch.

Other than that - followed my plan set forth by my coach to a "tee." The funny thing is, I never realized how little vegetables I ate until yesterday... thinking back I pretty much never ate anything green >.< 4 cups a day is way out of the ordinary for me LOL. Oh well, the WF blasamic vinigrette dressing makes them taste pretty decent.
Try the Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing, it is Yummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning!
Just had my morning inspiration reading last evenings and this mornings threads. Congratulations everyone for your great success'!!!
Soon 2B - what a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing!
First WI is tonight for me and I can hardly wait! I am also going to change the weights on my profile because I weighed in originally with my coach 2 weeks ago this Thursday at 229, but then I had my last non IP weekend which included a wine tour, so my scale said 231 on Monday morning when I started IP. My scale says 223 now and that's only 6 lbs from first WI, but really it's 8 lbs while being on IP.
Have a great IP day everybody!
Yep go with your scales weight...I have kept a spread sheet of my daily WI at home in the mornings,,,,very interesting to go back and see the way the #'s go down!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Good morning all! I head for my work trip today and am proud to say that I will not venture from this program. I was a bit nervous but now that I have a plan of attack I am good to go!
I am also proud to say that I had a friend joined IP Saturday in Ontario, she is also attending my meetings this week. She text me yesterday to tell me that she is thinking of quitting because of too many temptations. So I told her I support her no matter what but everyday we are faced with temptations. That it's tough today, especially since it's new but it does get easier. Most diet programs will work but it's what you put into it. She then added that cheating is what got her to this point in the first place. She decided to continue! I am so very proud of her!
I keep encouraging her to at least view this website as I know it's what made me want to join and it's what makes me continue to want to do well. We will see if she is reading! haha
I am very proud of you my friend! I can't wait to see you!

Last edited by Cinders35; 09-28-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #19  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Love the updated picture you look beautiful. Can't wait to see your wedding pictures !!!
I agree SoontoBeMrsT. Are you getting married in Austin? I was married in Austin on Town Lake at the Four Seasons. If so, which venue? Have you checked out the BrideTalk forum at AustinWeddings.com ?

Last edited by RhondaLynn; 09-28-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM   #20  
Dave - The Speedo King

Just came from my WI. Down another 4 lbs. If I hit my goal for the Halloween Challenge, I'll be ready for Phase 2. No more omelets for lunch, which means I better get some photos of the chef at play in the work kitchen. Heh, maybe even some video...

Sorry, ladies. No speedo videos. Linden said I should get some long pants.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:52 AM   #21  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Soon to be MRS T-
Old 09-28-2010, 11:59 AM   #22  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Soon to be Mrs T- I am thrilled that your mom understood and you were able to get a new wedding dress that makes you look and feel Beautiful!!!
I am so proud of you and all your hard work!

my horror story was 27 years ago when I went for my last fitting of my wedding dress, I had GAINED 20 lbs ( all that eating out celebrating) The seamstress had to add a panel to my dress( a few panels) and although the dress FIT, it wasn't pretty... I was too ashamed of myself to even look for another dress... I wouldn't let anyone know how bad I felt..All that material, what was I thinking? trying to Hide myself I quess.. I look at wedding photos and shudder... That's why I cried when I read your story...
so we learn from our mistakes....
now 27 years later, next July I WILL look and feel beautiful for my son's wedding......
..................wishing you all the joy of love!!!!!!!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
I made it through my first day on IP yesterday (woooohooooo)! I have to admit I was kind of nervous. Everything I read said to expect headaches, hunger, etc. I didn't have any of that. Hmmmm. Should I not speak so soon? I had the rice crisp for breakfast (I'll try adding to water this morning as opposed to throwing the pack back in my mouth and drinking water--now that I know that there's powdered milk inside the packet and not just crushed crisps ) omlet and sauted mushrooms for lunch, the caramel and nut bar for a snack (I've heard mixed things as to whether or not these are acceptable so early), and sauted shrimp over a spring salad with the asain WF dressing (yummo). I also ate about 7 spears of dill pickles throughout the day (should I worry about the sodium or as long as I don't eat this many everyday I'll be fine?) Oh, and about 93 oz of water! So far so good! I'm really optimistic! Thanks everyone for your responses and feedback thus far! Hopefully I can inspire someone with my success story one day!

I am on week six. I never had headaches. Pre-IP, I normally had 2 cups of coffee in the morning (I still have my one each morning) and I am not a soda drinker, so I thought maybe some of the headaches people talk about are people use to a lot of caffeine drinks or even sugary drinks. Just a thought.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

WI this morning. Just as I expected....0 lbs lost. However,since last week, I am down in % of body fat and down 1.5 inches in my waist for a total of 12 inches lost. Amazing. I will keep following protocol and the weight will come off if not next week, the week after!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:20 PM   #25  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

I'm looking forward to my WI next Monday as yesterday's wasn't good for me either. Only .6 down. But I cheated over the weekend, plus I'm very constipated. I'm hoping to get back on track + all cleared out so I'll have a very successful WI next Monday!

Last edited by RhondaLynn; 09-28-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:23 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
As phase II looms and phase III will soon follow - I'm realizing I probably want to go down another 10-15 pounds. I chose the weight I did because it is the lowest I've ever been as a teen or adult and I started to not feel good at i.his weight in the past I feel great, I'm looking great and feel I can get down the other 10-15. Do I keep on phase 1 till I get there or do I phase out - maintain for a month then go back on? Thoughts? Personal insights? My PA who introduced me to the program says he's found it hard to go back on phase 1 to loose more weight. I value your experience and input. Have a terrific Tuesday!
Jean, why not go for the weight you now want? If your body doesn't agree that it's a good weight for you, you'll find out soon enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Good morning all! I head for my work trip today and am proud to say that I will not venture from this program. I was a bit nervous but now that I have a plan of attack I am good to go!
I am also proud to say that I had a friend joined IP Saturday in Ontario, she is also attending my meetings this week. She text me yesterday to tell me that she is thinking of quitting because of too many temptations. So I told her I support her no matter what but everyday we are faced with temptations. That it's tough today, especially since it's new but it does get easier. Most diet programs will work but it's what you put into it. She then added that cheating is what got her to this point in the first place. She decided to continue! I am so very proud of her!
I keep encouraging her to at least view this website as I know it's what made me want to join and it's what makes me continue to want to do well. We will see if she is reading! haha
I am very proud of you my friend! I can't wait to see you!
Great work on your planning. Have fun on your trip to TO, and you can stay on plan! Maybe you'll cross paths unknowingly with some of us 3FC IPers who live in TO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Just came from my WI. Down another 4 lbs. If I hit my goal for the Halloween Challenge, I'll be ready for Phase 2. No more omelets for lunch, which means I better get some photos of the chef at play in the work kitchen. Heh, maybe even some video...

Sorry, ladies. No speedo videos. Linden said I should get some long pants.
Congratulations on your weight loss this week and the goal on the horizon! Were you the model for ? You're famous!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #27  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote: So how did they turn out?

Not very good. I'm not sure I'm doing everything right. Owell... I will give it a rest for a few days.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:55 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Question

Well I called the Dr today and my TSH level is 5.040 and they said high is 4.5 so I guess I will have to do some research of what that means - see the Dr next week and not sure I will be able to understand his explanation?

Anyone know a bit about TSH levels?

Elle
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I agree SoontoBeMrsT. Are you getting married in Austin? I was married in Austin on Town Lake at the Four Seasons. If so, which venue? Have you checked out the BrideTalk forum at AustinWeddings.com ?
I'm getting married in downtown Ft. Worth in a glass chapel. It's going to be candlelit and awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Soon to be Mrs T- I am thrilled that your mom understood and you were able to get a new wedding dress that makes you look and feel Beautiful!!!
I am so proud of you and all your hard work!

my horror story was 27 years ago when I went for my last fitting of my wedding dress, I had GAINED 20 lbs ( all that eating out celebrating) The seamstress had to add a panel to my dress( a few panels) and although the dress FIT, it wasn't pretty... I was too ashamed of myself to even look for another dress... I wouldn't let anyone know how bad I felt..All that material, what was I thinking? trying to Hide myself I quess.. I look at wedding photos and shudder... That's why I cried when I read your story...
so we learn from our mistakes....
now 27 years later, next July I WILL look and feel beautiful for my son's wedding......
..................wishing you all the joy of love!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!! The wedding was a huge factor in starting IP for me. I'm glad that everyone was so understanding when it came to the new dress as well. Never in a million years did I imagine having to get another dress. Never. It's only something I've seen happen on those wedding reality shows on TV. Last time I checked, I'm not being followed around by cameras so this real life.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #30  

Got home last night from a 9-day vacation at my parents' cabin in Colorado... it was a WONDERFUL time, lots of cool weather & GORGEOUS fall foliage... the aspens were at their peak of color, just what I went up there to see... yellows, golds, oranges, reds, AMAZING!!!.. it was also a TOUGH time, my mother is an excellent cook, but she just doesn't understand this diet, so I did most of my own cooking... besides that, I wouldn't expect them to eat like I'm eating anyway... I was able to "force" them to eat more salads than they usually do, but I think they were pretty sick of them by the time we left... I got in a few great hikes, but otherwise I didn't do much exercise... I always seem to burn more calories just doing nothing at 9000 feet above sea level than I do at home, so maybe that made up for too much sitting around, playing cards or watching the clouds float by overhead... I managed to stay in Phase II without veering off much... I learned that the words "Maybe I can get by with" are NEVER to be used while on IP protocol!!!.. next time I think about using them, I'm gonna substitute the word "poison" at the end of the sentence, instead of "a handful of peanuts" !!!.. I'm jumping back into Boot Camp today, hoping to undo any damage I might've done over the last week... I feel pretty good, though, so I don't think I messed it up...

Welcome to all the newbies!!!.. this is an amazing way of eating, one you will be soooooooo glad you discovered & tried... & a more wonderful group of people I've yet to find anywhere but here on this forum... lots & lots of great info & support...

To the rest of you super people, I'm glad to be back, I missed you!..

hugs to all

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 09-28-2010 at 01:13 PM.
Closed Thread