Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default Hello there / question.

So I've been lurking for a few days. Figured I'd say hello. My name is Dan and I am sitting here at work... on my first day on IP. Kind of excited because my aunt went on IP and lost 46 pounds in 2 months - so I've seen the effects and the possibilities. I am really looking forward to dropping some poundage and this site has really been great answering some of my questions that my coach didn't go over and the Tips section is awesome!

One thing that my coach didn't tell me and I hope some of you ladies and gents might know: Is there a specific time to have the IP packet/bar for a snack? I was thinking between Breakfast and lunch, but I don't know if it matters...? Thanks in advance and appreciate all the awesome info and stories you guys have put together!
daninspokane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninspokane View Post
So I've been lurking for a few days. Figured I'd say hello. My name is Dan and I am sitting here at work... on my first day on IP. Kind of excited because my aunt went on IP and lost 46 pounds in 2 months - so I've seen the effects and the possibilities. I am really looking forward to dropping some poundage and this site has really been great answering some of my questions that my coach didn't go over and the Tips section is awesome!

One thing that my coach didn't tell me and I hope some of you ladies and gents might know: Is there a specific time to have the IP packet/bar for a snack? I was thinking between Breakfast and lunch, but I don't know if it matters...? Thanks in advance and appreciate all the awesome info and stories you guys have put together!
First off welcome!!!! You are going to love being on IP!!! You can have your snack anytime you want before 8 PM. Although I have had mine late in the evenings when I have been up late and it hasn't seemed to matter. Remember you can have 4 IP packs in your first week if needed to not be too hungry and tired!! Good Luck!!
mbswainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:

Welcome Dan!!!

My first week I had 4 packets a day and needed a snack between breakfast & lunch and one after supper. I was told to not have the bar after 2 p.m. so I have always eaten it for breakfast.

Good luck on your first week

Elle

Last edited by elle12; 09-27-2010 at 10:47 AM.
elle12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #4  

Thanks for the response! I think my coach has me at 3 packets - 1 Bfast - 1 Lunch +2 cups veggies - 1 Snack and then the 5oz of lean meat or 7 oz of fish for dinner + 2 cups veggies.

I have noticed different coaches seem to throw out different information from reading around - I only have enough packets for 3 a day so I'll need to stick with that for now.

The thing I love is it just laid out in front of me "Do this - lose weight - Done!"

I am only on my first day but I know I can do this... so I am pretty pumped to see my first weeks results.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM   #5  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Dan, it's my first day (again) too and I've already had my IP breakfast PLUS an IP bar!
RhondaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:34 AM   #6  
Dave - The Speedo King

Hey Dan. Good luck on IP.

I don't have a snack until the afternoon, after having IP breakfast and IP lunch. If I feel hungry in between breakfast and lunch (I rarely do), I make sure to drink a lot of water. During the first few days of IP, you'll feel quite hungry, but before you eat, make sure you're hydrating. I think you'll find that getting some water will actually kill the notion of hunger and you'll realize your body is asking for water, not food.
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #7  

Thanks for the advice and encouragment. I think part of the problem is I did 20oz of water and then just the Cappucino drink. I'll go with eggs or something with more "Substance" tomorrow instead of just straight liquid for Bfast. Plus I think once my stomach shrinks up and gets used to less, inbetween hunger won't be as bad.

I am definitely drinking more water than normal, I am already at 50oz!

Thanks again guys! It's nice to have some support!
Old 09-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #8  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I was told no bars for the first three weeks. I plan on staying away from them for a few months to maximize the lost.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 258/252/155

Height: 5ft 6in

I've been "lurking" to and need some help!! I've been on IP for 2 weeks, the first week I was soo excited and motivitated and lost 9 lbs!!! You'd think that'd be enough to keep me motivated but my cravings got to me last week... every day, I WI yesterday and gained 4 of the lbs back. ARGGG! Every day I tell myself I'm not going to cheat and what do you know...I cheated yesterday and today I think I'm bored with the veggies, I've been steaming them and/or stir frying but I'm not a big veggie fan. Any advise??
bmmb2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #10  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

My advice for cheating is go another week without cheating....just do it. Everyday step on the scale and watch it go down. My scale goes down every day (sometimes .2 sometimes 1 lb)...but it makes me stick to the diet perfectly again the next day. Just finished my 15th day and down 14.5 pounds. Around 6:30 am I drink 36 oz of water and take my supplements, I do an IP shake for breakfast or the omlette (love them both) around 7:30, then I drink water if I get hungry between breakfast and lunch....for lunch I have a chocolate drink or the chicken soup (love them both) and romaine, a dill pickle, 1/2 a cucumber, and banana peppers on my lettuce (no carb ones) I spray on olive oil and sprinkle sea salt. For dinner I eat alot of stir fries. I love veggies and meat so I love dinner. Then I have jello or a drink around 8pm. I also drink 36 oz of water with lunch and dinner...it keeps me full. I haven't thought of cheating once yet....I hate the number on the scale and I want it GONE!

Last edited by darbs7; 09-28-2010 at 08:04 PM.
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #11  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

My coach also said no bars for the first three weeks - I think they have more carbs in them then the packets.
As for the snack, I believe anytime you need it is ok - my coach said I should be having something about an hour before I go to bed so that my body has the protein it needs while I sleep. Doesn't sound like other coaches have said this so who knows?
kju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #12  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
So I've been lurking for a few days. Figured I'd say hello. My name is Dan and I am sitting here at work... on my first day on IP.
Welcome. Sorry I didn't see your post yesterday. But congratulations on taking advantage of all the built in tips and handouts. You should do really well.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #13  

S/C/G: a:411/306/230 105 lbs lost

Height: 5'11"

Default I want it GONE too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
My advice for cheating is go another week without cheating....just do it. Everyday step on the scale and watch it go down. My scale goes down every day (sometimes .2 sometimes 1 lb)...but it makes me stick to the diet perfectly again the next day. Just finished my 15th day and down 14.5 pounds. Around 6:30 am I drink 36 oz of water and take my supplements, I do an IP shake for breakfast or the omlette (love them both) around 7:30, then I drink water if I get hungry between breakfast and lunch....for lunch I have a chocolate drink or the chicken soup (love them both) and romaine, a dill pickle, 1/2 a cucumber, and banana peppers on my lettuce (no carb ones) I spray on olive oil and sprinkle sea salt. For dinner I eat alot of stir fries. I love veggies and meat so I love dinner. Then I have jello or a drink around 8pm. I also drink 36 oz of water with lunch and dinner...it keeps me full. I haven't thought of cheating once yet....I hate the number on the scale and I want it GONE!
Great suggestion about drinking water... one just cannot drink too much!
The water really does stave off all my cravings for all things currently forbidden. I just wish I could get some help with my dreams. I've had several over the past 12 weeks where I was in a buffet line... a bakery...a dounut shop and a birthday party... in each case I awoke relived that it was only a dream.... and I was still on the plan! Stay the course and success will follow!
aslang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

I also have had about 4 dreams of eating "forbidden" foods since I started. The last dream had me eating a box of melted Godiva chocolates!! I AM a chocolate LOVER. My fav IP products are the chocolate shake and chocolate pudding.

This forum has keep me faithful to not cheating. Everyone is so supportive and helpful. The success that I see people have truly inspires me! I don't know where I'd be without it. (Maybe I really would be diving into that Godiva chocolate box! Lol.)
navy mom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Maybe those dreams are a "Sunny Florida" thing!
navy mom 72 is offline   Reply With Quote