Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 07:54 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Well, I've just about survived Day 1 after being off plan for weeks. Hunger not too bad, crankiness- OFF THE HOOK! Why must people try to irritate me when I've cut out sugar/carbs??? But I feel dedicated to losing this last 10lbs. And I know once I see the lbs drop it will all be worth it!!
Old 09-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #77  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
You really can't do IP as an on again, off again program. It doesn't work that way. My apologies if I don't seem to understand what you're going through and how hard it is to not cheat. I do understand. I've been through it. Sometimes it takes long term perspective to reach short term goals. Short term goals can lead to long term results, but only when the long term goal remains the most important.

In that spirit I will commit to not cheating today. I will also commit to not cheating tomorrow. I honored that same commitment yesterday and the day before. And with each successful day that commitment grows stronger and reaching my goal becomes more of a reality. And reaching my goal is, and always has been, the reason I can't, won't and don't cheat.

Well said! I agree that this diet is not an on again off again type diet. If I cheat it takes up to 4 days to rid my body of the store of carbohydrates. I don't want to do that. Do I get hungry when I go through te store and smell the brownies baking? Yes! But I have choices today and eating them is not one of those choices. I, too have been to a wedding, a 3 day work conference, 4 birthday parties (two of them grandchildren), a 2 day class reunion, a free lunch for volunteers, etc. etc. I choose each and every time to stay on my food plan. My boss was amazed at the weight I had lost and wanted to try it. She said that she could only do it part time because she had too many upcoming social events. That was ok, because that was her choice. We are each in charge of our own destiny - now go out and make yours the way you want it.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-27-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #78  

Default Thoughts about going off program a.k.a. cheating

I think it's been wonderful that we've been beating a drum here about sticking with the program. And, though I don't see it this way, it may occur to some as tending toward the higher end of a "Don't cheat ever" zealotry scale. If you're seeing the "don't cheat" advice this way, I invite you to look at it differently:

We all chose freely to be on Ideal Protein. At some point, each of us said to him/herself "I want to lose weight/lower blood cholesterol/ eliminate or reduce my Type II diabetes / etc. and I'm going to give Ideal Protein a go to reach that goal."

There are so many temptations and distractions in the world to pull us off track. We don't even have to look outside ourselves; old habits, cravings, emotions can be seductive. There's always that thought, "Oh one xxx won't hurt." And, while some/many people in our lives are supportive and encouraging of our efforts, some of us deal with people who either intentionally or forgetfully offer us foods that don't support our goals or say things that we find unsupportive.

Many thoughts, habits and people tell us we can't or we shouldn't take a stand for our health. "I'm not good enough." "I'll do it after ..." "I can't ask for that." "They'll think I'm weird/compulsive/a nutcase..." "I can't spend that money on me. I should be able to do this on my own." "I'm weak and I always go off a diet at some point before reaching my goal, usually for months and years." and those are just some of the things we say to ourselves. By the way, none of those statements are true about me, even though I say them to myself, and they, or whatever your version of them is, are not true about YOU!

Somebody has to counter the environment (mental, social and physical) that we've each created that got us here, to an internet forum called 3 FAT chicks. That's where this board comes in. The people on this board know that making this program work is challenging. They do know that there are times when it's really hard.

The information, advice and cheer-leading are about supporting the commitment you made to yourself in a moment where you saw something different was possible for your health and your body. Eating something off program isn't wrong; it's just that it doesn't support what you really, truly, deeply want.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:33 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
I am at a conference through Thursday. Please send me willpower dust to avoid all of the carbs especially the sweets!
Here's your dust :d ust:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Hi Everyone! Great to read how many people had successful weekends, also great to read the few that did have slips over the weekend that didn't let that get them down and are right back at it! That's definitely a life lesson we have to get if we are going to keep this weight off once we lose it.

I am excited as I'm down 3 pounds over the weekend! It's so weird how I can tell the night before that I'm going to be down. My stomach is where I'm mostly losing from and I can see the indent at my waist get more and more defined. It's so crazy as I had gotten so big and tight in my middle that I had no waist and I could barely stand up. It was like pushing myself out of a chair like a very pregnant women. Now I can bend at the middle and I can cross my legs!

My moods are still all over the place, I'm just quacking at everyone and then have waddle back and feather them with apologies. Of course my poor husband gets the worst of it, he's a trooper though. He's lost 18 pounds just because I'm dieting so he's making better choices to!

Well have a wonderful week everyone!!!

Your cheer of the day:
We will lose it yes we can! We will flush it down the can! Gooooooo team!
Thanks for the cheer!! Can we get one daily to help us through the day??
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 PM   #80  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
Well, Congratz to all of you who managed a weekend without cheats! I on the other hand did not make it through.... I take comfort in the fact that I only cheated with IP products and not junk food. Saturday I had 4 IP packets but 3 of those were restricted . It's still better than the choc. chip cookies and rice crispy squares that my hubby made!!!

Ach - my husband made the Rice Krispies squares too - he and my son ate half a pan in one day lol - I did not - yeah for me!
I also made it through pancake and pj day at work, as well as meet the SRC with juice and cookies as well as picking up DQ for my hubby one night.
On the plus side - my sister had a new baby girl today - both are doing well, can`t wait to go see them
Old 09-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #81  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Good Monday Morning Everyone!!! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!! I was very busy, with company still here. We also attended a wedding and Ididn't cheat. Yeah! You know it wasn't hard at all. I did start phase 2 and my scale seems to be going down every day wow. Amazing! I did go out to our business, haven't been there for a while. It was great, people were amazed at my new shape. I can't believe my new shape either!

To all you newbies!! This is the coolest thing, IP, I have ever done!! I don't like to call it a diet because I don't feel it is. It is life changing and a new life for so many of us that have fought being overweight our entire lives!!! I feel so good, energetic, and not tired ever. Better then I have ever felt in my life. So keep it up and don't give up.

Good job to everyone that had good success on weight loss and no cheating over the weekend.

Help - I went to the sticky that tells you how to change your ticker but I still can't do it right. Can someone explain it to me, please? thanks

Have a great Monday!!!
Congratulations on beginning Phase 2 and for encouraging me to get started in Phase 1

Last edited by tcswain; 09-27-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #82  
tcswain

S/C/G: Started IP 09/26/2010

Today is my second day on IP but my first day at work. Of course right off the bat I had to encounter "Snack Lady" who had freshly made tortillas. I refrained from those but I when I was getting out some vegies about mid morning for a snack, she said "ewwwww". I am sure all of us deal with people like this all the time. But I told her they taste good and stuck with IP and I feel great. It will be well worth it
Old 09-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good evening IP friends. It is so nice to know that I can come here anytime for support and encouragement. You all are just wonderful!
I made it through day one of the conference and stayed on plan. I am drinking lots of water and decaf coffee and tea to help. I did bring my IP packets and will have them at least 3 times each day.
Thanks again for being here!
Have a wonderful evening!
Smiles to everyone!
Congrats on staying on program during your conference!!!
Nice to see you posting again, you are doing a wonderful job with your weightloss!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I think it's been wonderful that we've been beating a drum here about sticking with the program. And, though I don't see it this way, it may occur to some as tending toward the higher end of a "Don't cheat ever" zealotry scale. If you're seeing the "don't cheat" advice this way, I invite you to look at it differently:

We all chose freely to be on Ideal Protein. At some point, each of us said to him/herself "I want to lose weight/lower blood cholesterol/ eliminate or reduce my Type II diabetes / etc. and I'm going to give Ideal Protein a go to reach that goal."

There are so many temptations and distractions in the world to pull us off track. We don't even have to look outside ourselves; old habits, cravings, emotions can be seductive. There's always that thought, "Oh one xxx won't hurt." And, while some/many people in our lives are supportive and encouraging of our efforts, some of us deal with people who either intentionally or forgetfully offer us foods that don't support our goals or say things that we find unsupportive.

Many thoughts, habits and people tell us we can't or we shouldn't take a stand for our health. "I'm not good enough." "I'll do it after ..." "I can't ask for that." "They'll think I'm weird/compulsive/a nutcase..." "I can't spend that money on me. I should be able to do this on my own." "I'm weak and I always go off a diet at some point before reaching my goal, usually for months and years." and those are just some of the things we say to ourselves. By the way, none of those statements are true about me, even though I say them to myself, and they, or whatever your version of them is, are not true about YOU!

Somebody has to counter the environment (mental, social and physical) that we've each created that got us here, to an internet forum called 3 FAT chicks. That's where this board comes in. The people on this board know that making this program work is challenging. They do know that there are times when it's really hard.

The information, advice and cheer-leading are about supporting the commitment you made to yourself in a moment where you saw something different was possible for your health and your body. Eating something off program isn't wrong; it's just that it doesn't support what you really, truly, deeply want.
Wonderful post, I'm Svelting! Many thanks to you and Salesgod for adding such clear and well-thought posts articulating different aspects of the discussion. This forum is outdoing itself in awesomeness today. You guys rock!

Jackie
Old 09-27-2010, 09:13 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Coastalcrafter, I'm so glad you found a protein powder that works for you. Keep looking and I think you'll find that a wide variety of flavoured and plain PPs are available so you can have some variety too. Yay, for you staying on program.

EmmaJayne--way to go!! Successes like yours help keep me going! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

Jackie
Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 PM   #86  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
Today is my second day on IP but my first day at work. Of course right off the bat I had to encounter "Snack Lady" who had freshly made tortillas. I refrained from those but I when I was getting out some vegies about mid morning for a snack, she said "ewwwww". I am sure all of us deal with people like this all the time. But I told her they taste good and stuck with IP and I feel great. It will be well worth it
What a walking cliche she is. I'll bet she saw somebody do that when she was two and has mimicked it ever since. Good for you!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:17 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Thank you Salesgod/Dave are we once again looking for permission to cheat and forgivness for doing it. I do not believe anyone can make you cheat... food, good and bad is everywhere it surrounds every aspect of our lives even when relaxing... count the junk food commercials played during your favorite program. The only one who can put the food in your mouth is you! Thats why I say I am my own worst enemy. No one can make me do anything it is my choice and I am choosing to fight my way through the fat. Now I have made some poor choices and paid the price for them but the choice was mine. Sorry for ranting and I am really not a bwitch but i just had to say something.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:20 PM   #88  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Eating something off program isn't wrong; it's just that it doesn't support what you really, truly, deeply want.
Hear, hear! Huzza! Huzza!

(Been reading early 19th C lit again. Couldn't help myself. That doesn't mean I don't mean each word.)

Last edited by Linden; 09-27-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Bra burning??? Oh No! I recycled mine..

It holds 2 bowling balls now...
Too funny! I can hardly wait to either burn or recycle my clothes, bras included!
Old 09-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Holy moly journeysend you look fantastic! Congrats to all the LOSERS lol and mother duck i know where your coming from some days I have to apologize before I even start talking! HA HA! This "diet" is the best I am learning alot about myself and I am really hoping that life after IP is all its cracked up to be. I am a complete carboholic and its good I have a while before I am done because I am not over it yet. one day at a time i guess. Thank you everyone for your truly amazing stories and blurps, it feels good to see people no matter the weight loss that are having similar experiences. We are a community of LOSERS! And for once that is a great thing a really really great thing.
Closed Thread