Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I guess this is what happens when you have a busy weekend and don't look at the threads for a while. I didn't even realize there was a "let's not cheat this weekend challenge."

Maybe I'm up in the night, but is it really that hard not to cheat on IP? If the cost of the IP packets weren't enough to deter someone, the life changing weight loss and the benefits of better health should be.

Over the past few months, I've put myself into some awkward social situations where the potential to cheat was high. Instead of cheating, I used those situations to recruit the support of family and friends in helping me to stick to it. When everyone else was hanging out, eating chips and dips, cookies, brownies and various other goodies, I stuck to my lemon pudding and celery and fielded their questions about why I wasn't indulging. Every time this has happened, I've added to the following of the curious who are now watching my progress. They don't wave the brownies in my face and pressure me to eat them. In fact, I think they'd be disappointed if I did take one.

That's not to say I haven't cheated over the past few months. But each cheat was planned in advance (my anniversary, for example) where the cheat was a meal or two off the protocol, and discussed with my coach in advance.

It's fair to say that the first several weeks on IP were the hardest in terms of avoiding temptation and staying on the protocol. I think that's normal. Your mind and body take a while to give up their desire for bread and sugar. A trip to the grocery store opens your eyes to all of the things you can't eat. Soon enough, that changes from can't eat to won't eat to don't eat.

I was offered cookies three times this weekend, cake twice, donuts once. When I turned the donuts down I was offered a banana and some gatorade. When I passed on that and took a bottle of water instead, I got some strange looks. But frankly, it's just as easy to say no to a cookie as it is to say yes. And since I know it's better for me to say no, it's actually easier to say no than yes.

You really can't do IP as an on again, off again program. It doesn't work that way. My apologies if I don't seem to understand what you're going through and how hard it is to not cheat. I do understand. I've been through it. Sometimes it takes long term perspective to reach short term goals. Short term goals can lead to long term results, but only when the long term goal remains the most important.

In that spirit I will commit to not cheating today. I will also commit to not cheating tomorrow. I honored that same commitment yesterday and the day before. And with each successful day that commitment grows stronger and reaching my goal becomes more of a reality. And reaching my goal is, and always has been, the reason I can't, won't and don't cheat.
BRAVO - Enough said.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:49 PM   #32  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

It is! I printed out "Is it really that hard not to cheat?" That's my phrase for today. Because it isn't! I need to stop it!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:00 PM   #33  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Today's my 3WI. I'm hoping to see another decrease to get me into a weight category I haven't seen in 3 years.

While I'm still new, I've embraced this program full force. For me the weight loss is an added bonus. I started it because of major stomach issues. I'm happy to say that since I started it, I've had a normal stomach--something I haven't been able to say in 5 years. I also am off my BP medicine. With those results I can't even imagine cheating and going back to the way life was, in fact, I'm scared of getting to the end for a couple of reasons. 1. I've never met my skinny self and I have no idea what she will be like. 2. I'm afraid that as I go back to normal food my stomach will rebel and i will get stuck back to what I was before. BUT looking on the positive side I've got 100+ to go before I have to start thinking about that and I know I've got the support of my family and my 3FC family.

Thanks for being so supportive!

Jess
Old 09-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #34  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning everyone ! Just finished Week 17 and am down 74.8 pounds !! All I can say is WOW !! Couldn't have even imagined this number 17 weeks ago.
Super awesome!! That's the track I'm on, so I love to hear the success story to keep me motivated!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:34 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post
Help - I went to the sticky that tells you how to change your ticker but I still can't do it right. Can someone explain it to me, please? thanks
Click on "User CP" above on the purple bar. Click on "Edit Signature." Scroll down to the url block. Delete the final number and replace it with your current weight. Scroll down further. Click on "Save signature."
Old 09-27-2010, 01:38 PM   #36  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

S/C/G: 160/123/125

Height: 5'3 Size 4!!

Thank you, salesgod and everyone else for the positive posts!!! I was tired and hungry and retaining water this weekend, but I didn't cheat!!!! Yay!!! Thank you 3FC bloggers!!! So, this morning I had a BM (didn't have one this weekend) and weighed myself - home scale says I'm down 5 lbs after just a week on IP. And I generally feel very good physically and mentally positive on IP. Now my next goal is to be able to wear my wedding band again! I fit it on my finger Friday - but had to take it off ASAP as my finger was starting to turn purple! But I will get that thing on again!! That is my mini goal.
No cheats this week either - count me in!!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:45 PM   #37  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Hello everyone

I did not stick to my challenge and it was mostly due to feeling really down so I will have to work on that. My son worked all weekend my daughter was with her father and i felt really lonely I guess. Crazy

Hi Sheila,

I am an emotional eater too and life can be hard sometimes. But I keep trying to retrain my brain to think that food is not my friend. In the end it will only give me health issues, expensive, painful health issues, and for me even emotional health issues. I do not need the sugar ups and downs on top of this regular life roller coaster! I will be able to handle the challenges ahead of me if I am in "fighting form" and YOU WILL TOO!!! You can do this - look at your progress already!!! I'm around my kids all the time and it feels like I am always feeding them something (a lot of bad stuff too). So when I get a break from being with them, I just think of it as a mini-vaca where I can focus on just me!! Think of that time as an excuse to be good to yourself!!! You can do it!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #38  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

I went to my clinic today (Pittsburg, KS) and over heard a lady saying she was going on a vacation to Florida.. does this happen to be the same lady who is going on a vacation to Florida that is a member of this forum?? Or just a crazy coincidence ?
Old 09-27-2010, 02:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Super awesome!! That's the track I'm on, so I love to hear the success story to keep me motivated!
You are keeping us all motivated!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm angry!

Someone hijacked my email address and sent everyone in my address book messages and links about diet plans and simple ways to lose weight. My friends have been emailing and calling me, saying it didn't sound like something I would write. No kidding!! I will have to abandon my email account that I've had for YEARS until I get this cleared up. Some people are just unscrupulous!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:15 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

I am at a conference through Thursday. Please send me willpower dust to avoid all of the carbs especially the sweets!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:20 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone! Great to read how many people had successful weekends, also great to read the few that did have slips over the weekend that didn't let that get them down and are right back at it! That's definitely a life lesson we have to get if we are going to keep this weight off once we lose it.

I am excited as I'm down 3 pounds over the weekend! It's so weird how I can tell the night before that I'm going to be down. My stomach is where I'm mostly losing from and I can see the indent at my waist get more and more defined. It's so crazy as I had gotten so big and tight in my middle that I had no waist and I could barely stand up. It was like pushing myself out of a chair like a very pregnant women. Now I can bend at the middle and I can cross my legs!

My moods are still all over the place, I'm just quacking at everyone and then have waddle back and feather them with apologies. Of course my poor husband gets the worst of it, he's a trooper though. He's lost 18 pounds just because I'm dieting so he's making better choices to!

Well have a wonderful week everyone!!!

Your cheer of the day:
We will lose it yes we can! We will flush it down the can! Gooooooo team!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:27 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Week 2 weigh in 3.4 pounds for a total of 8.8 pounds. It is interesting on this diet that 3 pounds seems to trivial..but really that is pretty good. When out and stocked up on veggies galore. I am in love with kale chips right now and so are my kids so I look like I am feeding a herd of animals with the amount of kale I am buying.

NSV No cheat weekend! It was tough I worked and it was a night shift and people brought in ..count em:
2 dozen donuts
2 packs of halloween sized reeses peanut butter cups
1 giant bag of jujubes
Dutch short bread
and assorted other items.

I did not cheat

I also baked more muffins and more pizza and still no cheating. I am revelling in this while it lasts.

WTG everyone. It kinda hit home paying for my IP this week how much I am investing in myself and I have to keep telling myself I am worth it.

This week for my jello I am going to mix it up and put it in small containers and keep them in the fridge for a snack once a day. I know it is going a bit over but I like the jello and it is a real pick me up and makes me feel like I am cheating.

I put an order in for WF so that should come late this week..went a little crazy but..hey..

Anyway take care all
Cie
Old 09-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #44  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Week 2 weigh in 3.4 pounds for a total of 8.8 pounds. It is interesting on this diet that 3 pounds seems to trivial..but really that is pretty good. When out and stocked up on veggies galore. I am in love with kale chips right now and so are my kids so I look like I am feeding a herd of animals with the amount of kale I am buying.

NSV No cheat weekend! It was tough I worked and it was a night shift and people brought in ..count em:
2 dozen donuts
2 packs of halloween sized reeses peanut butter cups
1 giant bag of jujubes
Dutch short bread
and assorted other items.

I did not cheat

I also baked more muffins and more pizza and still no cheating. I am revelling in this while it lasts.

WTG everyone. It kinda hit home paying for my IP this week how much I am investing in myself and I have to keep telling myself I am worth it.

This week for my jello I am going to mix it up and put it in small containers and keep them in the fridge for a snack once a day. I know it is going a bit over but I like the jello and it is a real pick me up and makes me feel like I am cheating.

I put an order in for WF so that should come late this week..went a little crazy but..hey..

Anyway take care all
Cie
WOW 8 # in two weeks!!! How awesome is that??? Good willpower to stay away from all the junk food!! Great job!!!
Old 09-27-2010, 02:39 PM   #45  
Started IP Sept 20, 2010

Oh MOTHER DUCK - as a former HS cheerleader, you just made my day!!!
XOXOXO And made me laugh so loud the dogs were wondering what was going on!!! I will be using your cheer all day!!
Closed Thread