Old 09-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Default Importance of Omega and Anti Oxy?

Hi all,

I decided to do Ideal to Go and my food arrived today (yay)! I won't start however until after my birthday this weekend. Since I have a couple of days to plan out meals etc. I am wondering--what is the significance of the Omega III and Anti-Oxy & Enzymes pills Ideal sales. I know they are optional but why? I didn't purchase for financial reasons more than anything but could opting out of these slow down my weight loss? Please explain. Thanks everyone. I don't start for a couple of days and already i am so inspired by you all
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
Hi all,

I decided to do Ideal to Go and my food arrived today (yay)! I won't start however until after my birthday this weekend. Since I have a couple of days to plan out meals etc. I am wondering--what is the significance of the Omega III and Anti-Oxy & Enzymes pills Ideal sales. I know they are optional but why? I didn't purchase for financial reasons more than anything but could opting out of these slow down my weight loss? Please explain. Thanks everyone. I don't start for a couple of days and already i am so inspired by you all
Not taking them is probably not likely to slow weight loss. My understanding is enzymes can enhance our break down of the dinner meal, improve nutritional intake, and help eliminate toxins. Our diet is a bit limited so it is helpful to do what we can to boost the absorbtion. Omegas are essential for cellular nutrition, skin, mood and so much more. They are a healthy fat and well worth incorporating when you can. Antioxidants are micronutrients that help with free radicals. It helps to prevent these little destructive elements from attaching to protein molecules and creating inappropriate oxidation. Again, the benefits are on a very molecular level. As a side note, I recently learned that it is best to take omegas oils with anti oxidants so that the omegas themselves don't leave a toxin "sludge" (my description) behind them.

I hope that helps you understand what they are for and why they are just suggested and not compulsory.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

I am good friends with my weight coach so she did not make me buy the vitamins from our doctor. Over the Count is just fine. The doctor has us taking the following supplements:
Breakfast = 1 Multi-Vitamin and Potassium-Calcium
Lunch or snack = 2 Calcium-Magnesium Blend
Dinner = 1 Multi-Vitamin and 2 Calcium-Magnesium Blend
Omega III and Enzymes – Enzymes is in case you have problems using the bathroom. I am not taking Enzymes.
Dee in Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

So the time of day you take the supplement does not matter for Omega 3 and Enzymes?
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #5  
Portland Oregon

S/C/G: 353/319/180

Height: 5'7"

Can anyone give an example of a good Anti Oxy or Enzyme they are taking? My coach was pretty fuzzy about this when I asked and I think she purposely changed the subject. I definitely need something for disgestion. Thanks! Dee
IdivorcedBenandJerry is offline   Reply With Quote