Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Hi all,

I'm guessing this would qualify as a NSV...I was letting my dogs out tonight and two of the neighbor men were across the street talking and one yelled over "how much weight have you lost?" and I said 49 lbs. The reply came back, "Well, you look great" to which I replied, "Well, I feel great...but I'm not finished yet"...and then the other voice from across the street said "Well, you're going to be a Cougar". Made me laugh...I'm probably more of a kitty-cat! It felt wonderful tho.

Marilyn
Marilyn, Dah-ling, a cougar is an older woman who picks up (much) younger men. They were hitting on you, you hot thing!!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Whenever I mix the Pink Lemonade in my shaker, it foams like crazy! There's about 1" of juice at the bottom, and 6 " of foam on top.

Does anybody else have this problem? Wondering if maybe the box of packets I got is somehow faulty, or if this is normal....
It is the high amount of protein that makes them foam. I eat the foam with a spoon
Old 09-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I hope I am doing this correctly -- today is my first day on IP. I have been looking forward to it for about six weeks. Enjoy reading everybody's posts and look forward to the encouragement to keep going!
You will do great on IP and this forum is absolutely the very best!!
Old 09-26-2010, 03:12 PM   #109  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
I hope I am doing this correctly -- today is my first day on IP. I have been looking forward to it for about six weeks. Enjoy reading everybody's posts and look forward to the encouragement to keep going!
You did it just right. Welcome to day one. Don't be a stranger, OK?
Old 09-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Red face NOT EATING OVER FEELINGS... but I want to!!!

Angry and sad today over my 21 year old son losing his dog (the dog is OK but was taken and not sure he'll get it back). Long story so I won't go into it, but the emotions coming with this are so hard and I so want to just eat!

Sometimes there seems to be so little justice in the world. It's a good thing I believe in a merciful compassionate God. I just need the strength to get through today, then the rest of the week will be busy so easier not to dwell on food. I'm not even hungry, it's just the emotional eating response and I hate that it controls me so much!

It is so hard not to get into your adult children's business and try to make everything better for them. For me that is the hardest thing of all. I just want to cry. I loved that dog to. Thanks for listening to me whine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
Hi Motherduck!

I had a lot to lose when I started (no pun intended). My doctor said that I was the sickest person, with the most weight to lose, that she had ever signed up for this diet. I wore that as a badge. I was determined to prove to her that I could do it. And I HAVE! I have never eaten one thing off of protocol, even if I want everything I see at the grocery store. I have had extra protein drinks when I absolutely think I have to eat. I just go with the belief that all I have to do is follow the guidelienes and the weight will take care of itself. My health issues are resolving themselves (insulin dependent diabetic) and my blood pressure is down. I spent 20 years as a bulimic and when I recovered from that the food was still an issue. I kept on gaining without success at any diet I would try. This is the first time in many years that i feel free. It scares me to death to think about going off of Phase one, but with the help of all of you, in about 50 pounds, I will be able to do it. It is not about the weight for us - it is so we find peace and contentment with our lives. You can do this one day at a time with the help of the beautiful people on this board and the belief in your self. I don't post alot - usually if I really have something to say, and I guess today was the day. I love and believe in all of you! I hope no one thinks I am bragging because I am not like that, but I am living proof that this diet works and we can do this.
Rosemary: Thank-you for the kind words. It is great to see someone who has come so far as sometimes the goal can seem so far away. The mini goals, like the halloween challenge, help as they let me see the progress in short bursts. This board is just wonderful for motivation and support. You should post more often, your wisdom is much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilblackdress View Post
Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenal success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
LilBlackDress: I can so relate. I knowing we've some a long ways and are doing great, but still want to Ferry God Mother to come along and wave her wand and "poof" we're all thin. Nope have to do the work. At least with IP it is a lot faster then other methods for sure. 39 pounds in 70 days! WOW!

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-26-2010 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Bolding changes
Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #111  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I still have so far to go that I get to feeling sorry for myself sometime, but I am determined to take this to the end and I'm so grateful to have this place to check in with all of you!
OMG! You've lost 45 pounds. You're a new person.

Why don't you just start that new person on the IP plan today and see what she can do?

Last edited by Linden; 09-26-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:48 PM   #112  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
Even if you do use the scale as one indicator, just think, 5 more pounds and you will be exactly half way there.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:55 PM   #113  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Well Good Morning Everyone!
I have to admit that I was starting to panic about my trip to Toronto next week. I spoke with my boss to find out what was on the agenda as far as dinners go and he assured me that we were eating at a restaurant. So normally during our conferences they offer plenty of salad and veggies so I wasn't worried and then....
I find out on the one day that we are going to a Bluejays game! Which means no restaurant for dinner instead hot dogs and pizza! I emailed my friend who has been there for support thinking that she would tell me that it's only one meal and to my surprise she had a fantastic idea. Speak to the hotel and in the morning have them deliver some raw veggies to my room and bring some ziploc baggies with me. My room has a fridge so I can store the veggies in there during the day and before we head out I can throw the baggie in my purse. That way while everyone is enjoying their greasy food I can still stay on program and I will bring an extra pack of protein with me since I won't be able to have meat!
I felt so relieved that I wouldn't have to venture off program! And then I got mad because I didn't think of it myself! haha
Good thinking on the veggies... If it is dinner time at the game, that morning or the night before have the hotel bring you a piece of grilled chicken and some lettuce. Keep it in the fridge and take it with you for dinner with your veggies. Add mustard at the game and viola chicken burger sans the bun. I have done that a few times when I have had meetings that run over dinner time and was unable to get anything else.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #114  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordash View Post
No official WI this week - got to the clinic at 0550 yesterday to see a sign on the door that the coach had a death in the family. So used my scale. Had a great NSV this week- was able to buy 2 pair of pants that don't have elastic waists - that is a big first in a long time. They fit well in the butt and thigh area too. Not only have I lost weight, I'm changing shape. My waist has always been bigger than my bust and hips. If I bought something that fit my waist - real big in the butt and thighs. The actual size is still variable depending on the style and if I buy from Women s or Miss department.
As I get ready to move to phase II I have a couple of questions for all of you, especially the ones who have "boldly gone before": Did you continue to change in size and shape after the transitions and as the weight loss slowed or stopped? Has anyone considered having a tummy tuck or other plastic surgery once all the weight is lost? What were some of the concerns (besides $) associated with plastic surgery? I'm sure I want to loose another 10-15 pounds once I hit goal - but I'm thinking I want to hold at the new weight for a bit, then go for the rest of it - What are your thoughts, insights? I doubt I'm alone in my musings.
Jean
for all of us!
Hey Jordahs, You should give yourself the credit and update your current weight in your profile! Why to go! A friend of mine's body shape continued to 'shift' without losing actual weight through Phase 3. She has been in maintenance since June and looks fab with more than 50lbs lost. No surgery needed.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:06 PM   #115  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
I quit understand my daughter had a cinnamon roll in the car yesterday and the air was blowing it into my face, it was hard to get past how good it smelled so I asked her if she could wait 20mins and eat it at home.
No more cinnamon rolls talk, please! I am now calculating via google maps the shortest route to the nearest cinnabon
Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #116  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Had to share... after a way-off-track weekend last weekend celebrating DH's 30th, I got strict... welcome back, ketosis... and lost enough (7.4) to hit my 50 lbs this week! 50 POUNDS!!! 11 weeks is what that took. AH!!! So excited today! (I'm not quite 1/3 of the way to my goal, but I've never stuck with any diet over 25 lbs of loss, so YES, I can do it!!)
OMG! OMWFG - That is awesome! Great job getting back on track. It is important to remember that this is a program that is self motivating so if we need those little breaks it is ok. Keep up the good work. I hope by my week 11, I can shout out 50 lbs lost too!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

MotherDuckMJ Sorry to hear about your son's dog. Yes it doesn't matter how old our children get, we would love to make their lives all better, but doesn't work that way, be strong, take it hour by hour if you need to.

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-26-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:21 PM   #118  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning! I need a little advice on the Big "C". My girlfriend and I started IP on 8/24/10 and we both have been experiencing it. I have increased my water and have been taking Novalax but it still has been a problem for me. My friend called me last night and asked me to ask you wonderful ladies for help. I know that it is very important to take care of this for our weight loss. HELP!!!
If you are drinking lots of water, I would suggest a walk. A good long walk (low impact, 45 min) also helps me get "moving."
Old 09-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #119  
Started IP 07/22/2010

Quote:
Scale hasn't budged all week. Eating protocol, no slips. Cleaned out my closet and have a bag of clothes to give away, still feeling a bit disappointed. Tell myself I shouldn't...just coming off of a 9lb weight loss for the last 2 weeks and body needs time to adjust. All in all, I have been on the diet 70 days and lost 39 lbs which is a phenomenol success! Can't expect big losses every week. It is amazing how we set our selves up for failure! Really??? losing over 1/2 lb per day isn't good enough? How crazy is that thinking. Need to remind myself that just over 2 months ago I was wearing 20W-22W and now in a solid 16 misses! How long ago has that been? I will stick to plan, weigh in tomorrow and look for success next week. Perhaps I should not measure success by the scale but rather by sticking to plan!
Thank you! You just put into words exactly what I have been trying to tell myself for weeks. I have also come from a 20w to a 16 in 9 weeks and am only 1/2 way to my goal. All I seem to see when I look in the mirror is how far I have left to go, not how far I have come. Thanks for reminding me!
Old 09-26-2010, 04:38 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Welcome tc!
I just started last Monday so I'm into this one week and it has been great! This forum is wonderful for answering questions, getting encouragement and being inspired.
Closed Thread