3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I'm Baaaaaaack! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/213221-im-baaaaaaack.html)

r101 10-04-2010 01:52 PM

Gosh , Thanks for starting this thread!! Ive been going through the exact same thing and was really mad at myself for not being able to stick to the diet.

I had phased out completely for the last 4 weeks while traveling abroad. And I hardly put on much weight(about 4lbs total!).

But these last 2 weeks of 'trying' to get back on the diet - i've put on a whopping 6lbs eating absolute junk cos i keep thinking, oh no, im not going to taste this for another 3 months. And then it was TOM, and i readily fell off the wagon after 2 good days telling myself that i wasnt going to lose much that week, so I might as well start later and make the first 2 weeks count. Sigh, i am sabotaging myself. And i realize it. I just need the will power! I found it really easy to start and stay on the diet the first time and I cant understand whats changed! I even have timelines - thanksgiving , xmas where i want to wear certain clothes etc.

All, please do share your own little tricks to psych yourself back into staying on the diet.

Btw, newlifestyles sells the RTD vanilla(24pk) for 67$, do you buy it for cheaper, how? where are these discount coupons ?

Also, I know a few people mentioned extreme hair loss. Ive had that side-effect too, what did you do to overcome it? Did you add any more supplements other than the Omega-3? Does your hair fall stop once you are off the diet? After a month off the diet, my hair loss didnt stop..yet.

On another note, i've been researching this deep conditioning keratin treatment called the brazilian blowout. There is still some controversy surrounding it, but a friend had it done recently, and her hair looks amazing! Its not on my list of rewards when i reach the next 20lb milestone!

showgirlaz 10-04-2010 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mepeterson (Post 3507552)
So today is my first official day back on plan. I am not using any IP stuff just the EAS shakes. I feel like I am ready to finish this journey (well today anyway)LOL! Thanks for all the support ladies. YOU ROCK!!!

Yeah!! This should be fun. I am right here beginning again with you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlasherea (Post 3507715)
Good News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mom is going to join Ideal Protein. We start next Wednesday the 13th and so last night she made like the biggest Thanksgiving dinner. It was so funny. She said "well I guess I can't have this food for awhile, so I'm eating as much as I want!" Pretty excited and I'll keep you updated as to her progress, as well as mine since I am starting Phase 1 again at the same time. I heard from my coach that it is really hard to go back to Phase 1 again, but for $81 a week, I will follow it to a "T"

I am so happy for you and for your mom! I guess you did a Canadian Thanksgiving! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by r101 (Post 3507828)

Also, I know a few people mentioned extreme hair loss. Ive had that side-effect too, what did you do to overcome it? Did you add any more supplements other than the Omega-3? Does your hair fall stop once you are off the diet? After a month off the diet, my hair loss didnt stop..yet.

On another note, i've been researching this deep conditioning keratin treatment called the brazilian blowout. There is still some controversy surrounding it, but a friend had it done recently, and her hair looks amazing! Its not on my list of rewards when i reach the next 20lb milestone!

For the hair loss I took, selenium, choline/inositol, and Michael's Hair/Skin/Nails supplements. Michael's alone seemed really good. I just found I did better with the others as well. My hair loss was strong while I did the program. When I took a break, I noticed a great deal of it stopped, then started to fill in.

I hope you enjoy that brazilian blow out.!

r101 10-04-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showgirlaz (Post 3507954)

For the hair loss I took, selenium, choline/inositol, and Michael's Hair/Skin/Nails supplements. Michael's alone seemed really good. I just found I did better with the others as well. My hair loss was strong while I did the program. When I took a break, I noticed a great deal of it stopped, then started to fill in.

I hope you enjoy that brazilian blow out.!

Thanks for the quick reply! I admit it had me worried. I dont want to be thin and bald at the end of the diet! Glad to know its not permanent. Could you share which brand of selenium, choline supplements you used? Where you bought them and how you spaced them out? once a day after a meal, or 3X a day ? I definitely want to try it , as it helped you. Thanks again!

Ill definitely report back about the brazilian blowout once i get to my midway goal!

showgirlaz 10-04-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r101 (Post 3507963)
Thanks for the quick reply! I admit it had me worried. I dont want to be thin and bald at the end of the diet! Glad to know its not permanent. Could you share which brand of selenium, choline supplements you used? Where you bought them and how you spaced them out? once a day after a meal, or 3X a day ? I definitely want to try it , as it helped you. Thanks again!

Ill definitely report back about the brazilian blowout once i get to my midway goal!

I got my supplements at Hi-Health health food stores.

The selenium was nature's way. I just followed the bottle guidelines.

I used source naturals choline/inositol (400mg each) 800mg total. I just followed the bottle directions.

The Michael's was also from there and was taken according to instructions.

I didn't do anything fancy just figured out where I might have a deficiency.

Linden 10-04-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

So today is my first official day back on plan. I am not using any IP stuff just the EAS shakes. I feel like I am ready to finish this journey (well today anyway)LOL! Thanks for all the support ladies. YOU ROCK!!!

Hey, Melissa, beaming right back atcha.

1FCuser 10-04-2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

You go girl ! Keep going, we're right here with you ! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch (Post 3507017)
That reminds me of Pita's "boneyard" story...picking all the parts and leaving the debris on the plate. Love it!:D

Yeah, my boyfriend turned red when he saw me taking the vinaigrette off my salad with a napkin lol !
I've tried my best to do great, but still no ketosis today! arg :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by motiv8edmama (Post 3506992)
I bet that period is just getting in the way of you feeling like you are in ketosis. I remember when I used to have a period, I was hungry all the time. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case, not that you were kicked out. It sounds to me that you made the best of a not so great situation. I am sure you were disapointed when your salad came out all wrong.

I will be traveling for work the next two days, I plan to keep on plugging away. If my scale is correct, I have lost about 3 lbs since getting back on track. But I have to wait until Wednesday for the official scale that I use at my gym.

Have a great week everyone!!

We'll be here waiting for you !! Keep going, you're SO worth it !

3lbs ! That's AWESOME :)

Quote:

!

I've taken Nutricap (Shoppers Drug Mart) + Nioxin scalp traitment, like shampoo, lotion and spray after. I've stopped loosing hair, but I don't know if it because of this treatment ! Don't worry, it's coming back quickly :)

mamaerinb 10-04-2010 10:01 PM

back to day one after slipping up hardcore...please keep me in your thoughts, this is WAY tougher the second time around:( probably ate too much protein, though i'm not hungry at all. i HAVE to get out of this eating for pleasure crap. here's to an amazing week for us all!

JessicaCourez 10-04-2010 11:03 PM

Quote:

Btw, newlifestyles sells the RTD vanilla(24pk) for 67$, do you buy it for cheaper, how? where are these discount coupons ?

I've found that New Lifestyles is the best option -- and if you buy 3 cases (totals $202) you can either get free shipping, or in the coupon place at checkout, put: OCT2010 and it'll reduce your bill by $35, but still charge you shipping. It ends up being $197 for 3 cases, so about $2.75 each. Much better than the $5 each I was getting them for at the clinic. Great deal! I just bought a bunch even though I'm phasing off in November!

Good luck!

JC

showgirlaz 10-04-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady5andy (Post 3508490)
Yeah, my boyfriend turned red when he saw me taking the vinaigrette off my salad with a napkin lol !
I've tried my best to do great, but still no ketosis today! arg :(

I've taken Nutricap (Shoppers Drug Mart) + Nioxin scalp traitment, like shampoo, lotion and spray after. I've stopped loosing hair, but I don't know if it because of this treatment ! Don't worry, it's coming back quickly :)

OMG.. too funny! That is being so dedicated to doing it right. I probably would have sent it back.

I am glad the hair is coming back!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3508573)
back to day one after slipping up hardcore...please keep me in your thoughts, this is WAY tougher the second time around:( probably ate too much protein, though i'm not hungry at all. i HAVE to get out of this eating for pleasure crap. here's to an amazing week for us all!

I am right there with ya, Sista! Day 1 boot camp... grrr.. I wish it were as easy as the first time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessicaCourez (Post 3508673)
I've found that New Lifestyles is the best option -- and if you buy 3 cases (totals $202) you can either get free shipping, or in the coupon place at checkout, put: OCT2010 and it'll reduce your bill by $35, but still charge you shipping. It ends up being $197 for 3 cases, so about $2.75 each. Much better than the $5 each I was getting them for at the clinic. Great deal! I just bought a bunch even though I'm phasing off in November!

Good luck!

JC

That is a pretty great deal, isn't it! They will be very convenient even in maintenance.

mamaerinb 10-04-2010 11:21 PM

a minute ago i was about to buy 2 workout dvds from amazon, a yoga dvd and jackie warner's new one...at checkout i realized what the **** are you doing? you're about to spend $35 when you can't even stay on track with 2 weeks straight of phase 1. my gift to myself on my bday(the 17th) is going to be those dvds. but only if i commit myself to ip till then. i am hoping this will help, and for once-a treat that doesn't involve calories! ladies, i think i'm on to something!! :lol:

showgirlaz 10-04-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaerinb (Post 3508692)
a minute ago i was about to buy 2 workout dvds from amazon, a yoga dvd and jackie warner's new one...at checkout i realized what the **** are you doing? you're about to spend $35 when you can't even stay on track with 2 weeks straight of phase 1. my gift to myself on my bday(the 17th) is going to be those dvds. but only if i commit myself to ip till then. i am hoping this will help, and for once-a treat that doesn't involve calories! ladies, i think i'm on to something!! :lol:

Good thinking, Erin! I love the motivation!

weathermom 10-05-2010 01:42 AM

I'm baaaack too! after a long (6 month) break with more attempts to get back on than I can even count... sure is tougher the 2nd time around. I really wish I hadn't slipped up 6 months ago - I'd be all done by now.

Anyways, enough beating my self up about coulda/shoulda/woulda... day 4 today, back in ketosis & over the cranky cravings. This is it.

nice to see some familiar names from early this year in this thread - I can't believe how the number of threads/posts has grown in less than a year!

deinekatze 10-05-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady5andy (Post 3508490)

Get the Follicle Booster from Nioxin too, the whole thing (cleanser (shampoo) Scalp Therapy (Moisturizer) and follicle booster) should do the trick.

mepeterson 10-05-2010 10:33 AM

SOOOoooo... I did amazing yesterday UNTIL..
Not really sure what happened. I did great all day lots of water salad, protein shakes and then at dinner I was a complete idiot. Ths is gonna be harder than I thought. Yowzerz!!! So it is again day one for me.

carlasherea 10-05-2010 12:36 PM

Man, you guys have me scared to start Phase 1 again!!! It sounds hard! but I need to succeed for my mom's sake!