Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 04:47 PM   #46  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

First and foremost I would like to apologize because this is one LONG message, however I want to be more involved in the boards and I believe everyone deserves kind words where it is needed . Second, I would really sincerely like to thank everyone who kept my hometown & the people of Newfoundland in their prayers and best wishes during hurricane Igor. The aftermath is devastating and I am glad to say everyone is pulling together as a community and helping one another!

HERE IT GOES!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
WI today and I'm nervous! For the past two weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs., but my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the inches are coming off. It seems to be petty on my part, when I'm feeling better and looking better, but I really want to see a loss of poundage today!!
Good luck on your weigh-in... remember with this program it's the inches we need to focus on not the pounds... but I know that is always nice to see go down as well good luck again. Glad you are feeling fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila1971 View Post
Good Morning everyone!

I did great yesterday. My son is off to L.A. and It is going to be a very busy busy day with no school.

my scale moved 1 pound since Tuesday.
Congrats on the 1lbs weight loss, you're so close to your goal!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Good Morning everyone! I had my first food nightmare last night... I was on a cruise.. at the buffet line... not an IP food in sight! EEK!!!
Haha oddly enough I have been having those as well and feel SO guilty once I wake up. Thank goodness it's not just me

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Just want to say that like Linden, I am a member of the Stick with It Club. Weeks 7-12 were slow slow slow for me and now the scale can be surprisingly good or bad BUT I feel so much better eating the IP way. I love the rtd vanilla boxes for breakfast. Salad and protein lunch and dinner with veggies. I had put my life on hold carrying around my dog (55 lbs) and more...An occasion treat will be in my future but I don't think I will ever eat out of control for days, weeks, months again. There's just too many things I want to do and places I want to see and I don't want to drag myself around anymore.
Great fun yesterday. I had splurged on a pair of Ferragamo pants about 5 years ago. They were a size 8 and a bit too small. They have been in the shopping bag in my closet and now they FIT. I love shopping at home! And I really love all the clothes choices I have now. I love IP!!!
Glad you decided to 'stick with it' you have had termendous weighloss and it is so inspiring to see how happy you are with the long term choice you have made. Also, congrats on the pants ahhhh I cannot wait to even fit into an XL haha that will be my first mini-goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
“There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.”

Consider me an IP “old-timer” and president of the Turtle Club (less than 2 lbs/week average); I mostly lurk and don’t post much. To all the Newbies: STICK WITH IT!!

This program is so worth a few months of your life to get healthy. In nearly 5 months, my blood pressure has gone down from scary-high to normal without meds. I’m wearing clothes that I never in my life dreamed of fitting into, have tons of energy, have lowered my goal weight by 15 pounds (thanks to the inspiration of Novak) and feel wonderful.

It doesn’t matter if you loose fast or slow, you will loose. Don’t compare yourself to others, just STICK WITH IT!! Don’t try to scam the program (no, there are no types of sugar cookies allowed), try your best not to cheat and STICK WITH IT!! It’s only a relatively few months out of your life and there is life after Phase 1 (I’m not there yet). Phase 1 will be over and you will be healthy and thin. There will be more birthday dinners, anniversary celebrations, barbeques and state fairs next year—and just think how great you will feel if you just STICK WITH IT!!

Mary
Thank-you for the wonderful pep-talk and thank you to the lady/gentlemen on this forum for all the wonderful information and making this program more easy for myself. I will definitley be STICKING WITH IT even though I was a little discouraged this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
.....in .8 more lbs I WILL have lost 20 lbs! In 24 days! YEAH! SOOOOOOOO excited....hopefully the next 60 come off in the same manner! I'm so stoked!
That's amazing! Congrats and I bet it feels great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI #13 this morning.... -3lbs (for a total of 32!)!! Take THAT plateau.

I also had my coach configure my total inches lost and she came to the wonderful grand total of 24 inches! Holy cow!
Congrats on the wonderful weigh-in... the best part for me about WI in when I get to be measurred GOOD JOB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I think I might revise my goal weight down to 165...

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!

Congrats on the wonderful weightloss that is amazing, I can't wait till I am in those shoes one of these days even though I know I will probably need excess skin removal surgery due to me being so heavy but I guess that is something I am willing to do I hope your skin catches up for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Reading through all the posts this morning is such an inspiration. My scale hasn't budged in 3 days...and I was all discouraged, but came here and read that I am not alone and that this is worth it and that I am worth it.

Well done to all of you who have persevered.

Blessings Cie
Don't be discouraged try doubling your water intake, I believe this trick helped me wonderfully and I hope it does the same for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
Congrats on the great WI!!!! ....I had mine after 3 weeks without (due to vacation) and -15.2 or around that... total of -35 at night with clothes... I prefer my home scale who tells me that in the morning naked im -39 lol

Big NSV today... I do cakes as a hobby....and decided I wouldnt do any during my weight loss but had promessed friends like 4 months ago...so here I am today... baking a bday cake for a little 4yo princess...and drum roll I am not tasting anything.. not my cake.. not my so delicious Icing...I didnt know if I could do it.. but It seems I have more willpower than I thought!!!

Happy Friday everyone!
Congrats on the weightloss so far & a big double congrats for not giving into sweets.... I am not sure I am ready to start baking for my family yet which was also one of my favorite things to do! Your doing awesome and have great will-power!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
NSV here: I have Type II diabetes, but I am very insulin resistant and was on tons of insulin before IP. I am only in the middle of week 2, and have cut my insulin by 90% AND am off one of my 3 blood pressure medications. Amazing!
Reading this brought a big smile on my face, I am so happy for you.... my sister who has the same issues as you is thinking about doing IP but very hesitant because she does not like veggies but I tell her about the success stories like yours and she is very interested just doesn't know how to go about it. (this woman does NOT like veggies, she has never ate anything other than a potatoe and won't even try)

Congrats to you, I know you must be beyond happy & I am so happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Happy Friday, All.

I had my weigh in this am and was a bit disappointed with only 5 lbs gone since last official weigh in--to quote others "stupid TOM!". I noticed my ring was a bit tight this morning and the analytical scale at the clinic showed I was up 1.5% on water since last weigh in, so that explains that. So officially, I have lost 29.6 lbs in 7 weeks. I'll take it! As JLewis said above, I was hoping for more but this is way better than the alternative!

So that was the sort of good news, the great news is that I've released a solid 5 inches in the last two weeks--1" from my waist, 2" from my hips which I've really been noticing, 1.5" from my thighs and .5" from my arms. I thought my arms looked smaller and my coach was freaking about how much this represents for such a relatively small area. And I'm keeping in mind this includes TOM water retention, so today (under strict instruction from my coach) I'm putting less emphasis on the scale and more on the shift in my body. And one more sparkly little -5 lbs flower on my signature is making me happy too.

Have a great day, All. And congrats to everyone on all the great WIs, milestones and NSVs.

Jackie
Congrats on your 29.6 weightloss that is awesome, I also have the TOM problem last weigh in with only 5lbs down as well. Keep your chin up, you are doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
AARGH! Had my weigh in yesterday and sooooo wanted to reach my 50 lbs. mark at 16 weeks.....but it was not to be....49 lbs. lost.

I do know the only control I have is what I choose to eat and it's up to the body to shed weight or hold it....I keep repeating "the body will do, what the body will do!!! Perhaps next week....have never lost this much weight in such a short length of time anyway.....and without suffering.

Yes, 50lbs would have been nice but 49 is GREAT that is awesome! Congrats on that, you will be to your goal weight in no time!!!

Last edited by AvaLynn; 09-24-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:50 PM   #47  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Hi all! I haven't read today's posts yet cause I just got in, but wanted to share.. The owner of the IP place I go to called me personally today and asked to meet with me this monday to go over my dietary needs/concerns.( I need to try a week of all IP foods without sweetner in them!!) I am very pleased she called me without going into too much detail..

Very cloudy and foggy here now- have had a 'super migraine ' all day ..
Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #48  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Ok Ladies I am going to go on a rant here... you don't need to read this unless you want to
I read and I'm mad, for you. Could you wait 6 months, lose so more weight, except in the crucial spots, and have the doctor resubmit with the required numbers???
Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post

I'd like to share my scale success: after 8 weeks and 2 days, I have lost 50 lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm almost half way to goal!!!
Dodomommy how awesome!!! 50 lbs in 8 weeks...you are doing fabulously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Happy Friday, All.

I had my weigh in this am and was a bit disappointed with only 5 lbs gone since last official weigh in--to quote others "stupid TOM!". I noticed my ring was a bit tight this morning and the analytical scale at the clinic showed I was up 1.5% on water since last weigh in, so that explains that. So officially, I have lost 29.6 lbs in 7 weeks. I'll take it! As JLewis said above, I was hoping for more but this is way better than the alternative!

So that was the sort of good news, the great news is that I've released a solid 5 inches in the last two weeks--1" from my waist, 2" from my hips which I've really been noticing, 1.5" from my thighs and .5" from my arms. I thought my arms looked smaller and my coach was freaking about how much this represents for such a relatively small area. And I'm keeping in mind this includes TOM water retention, so today (under strict instruction from my coach) I'm putting less emphasis on the scale and more on the shift in my body. And one more sparkly little -5 lbs flower on my signature is making me happy too.

Have a great day, All. And congrats to everyone on all the great WIs, milestones and NSVs.

Jackie
Jackie Keep up the great job!!!

Quote:
Ok Ladies I am going to go on a rant here... you don't need to read this unless you want to

I am 20 and have had large DD/ Small E cup breasts since I was a freshman in high school. Throughout high school I always had a lot of pain in my neck/shoulders/upper back but I blamed this on squatting (with a bar across my neck) and stress ect. since hs I haven't worked out like that in about a year and the pain has stayed consistent. I finally went and saw a doctor about 9 months ago who said I should try losing 20 or so lbs to see if my size decreased. Therefore I began IP. I have officially lost 23 lbs. and my chest sized has not decreased a cm. so I went back to my doctor who said I would have a very good chance of my insurance covering a breast reduction surgery if that was something I wanted. I called the insurance company (UHC) and was told that reconstructive surgery is covered if deemed "medically necessary" I presented my documentation from my MD, a chiropractor I've been seeing since I was 14 for my back problems, and a Therapeutic Therapist I've been seeing since I was 16 to a plastic surgeon. He took measurements, pictures, height, weight (you have to be in a healthy BMI range for insurance to not write back saying you need to try to lose weight first). He said he would be able to remove 535 g. from my right and 465 from my left (my right is a near cup size larger than my left). He sent everything in to my insurance company and they responded saying "I was denied because they require 500 to be able to be taken out of both breasts. I was 35 g. short on one breast. They said it was non-disputable. Wonderful. I am a student and have no idea where I can come up with $6000 for surgery on my own. Payment plans are nice and all except the interest rates would leave me paying about $7000 when it was all said and done after 2 years. I can't believe insurance companies have the power they do. Looks like I get to continue being in pain for another few years until I graduate and can afford to fix my own medical problems even though I pay out the wahzoo for insurance as it is. Thanks for letting me get this all out. It's been a tough morning. I have had my heart set on an approval because I was basically told there was no way they weren't going to approve me based on my height and body mass/frame.
Rachel I am sorry that the ins. co. denied your application, I know what large breasts can do to your back, I suffered for 35 yrs then 13 yrs ago I had BR done and it was so much better. I am in Canada so I didn't have to pay anything either. Could you maybe go back to your Plastic Surgeon and have him do another assessment? I would try if I were you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I totally found THE DRESS today! Our dance studio has a fall showcase event October 2nd and I have been using it as a goal to find a really nice dress that actually fits me. Because of my weight changing so quickly, I wanted to wait until closer so it would still fit. After trying on a bunch of dresses, I found this great sparkly black one.

I wasn't going to show it to my husband until that day but he woke up while I was trying it on to make sure the undergarments looked right and got that look on his face! It was really cool!

On a side note, I also found a cute denim skirt that was on clearance that I can wear to a casual anniversary dance Sunday.
Marion Isn't it so nice when our DHs get "that look" on their faces...love IP
Old 09-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #50  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post

Glad you decided to 'stick with it' you have had termendous weighloss and it is so inspiring to see how happy you are with the long term choice you have made. Also, congrats on the pants ahhhh I cannot wait to even fit into an XL haha that will be my first mini-goal
thanks AvaLynn--you will be surprised how quickly the time passes. Seems like yesterday I wore an XL! Just keep on believing because this plan is a winner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post

HopefulTricia Fitting into clothes that you haven't been able to for a long time is so exhilarating isn't it...I only have 1 more pr of jeans that DD's BF gave her to shrink into size 13!!! Have a great day
Thanks Journeysend. I think one of the most important NSVs we experience is the clothes thing. I have consistently purchased clothes that are a bit too small. I have found so many surprises in my closet.New with tags - Michael Kors white pants that fit just perfectly now. Ditto a leather jacket. Even really nice sweats from Canyon Ranch. Today's been a struggle for some reason. Thought I was really back on plan but after eating 3 bars today, I guess I'm not. It just can't be easy breezy, can it??
Old 09-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #51  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Had to share....today I was at Lowe's getting fertilizer for my yard. While taking the push cart back to the store I was taking huge steps to get out of the way of traffic. I caught the back of my foot on the cart and started to go down. I swear by body looked like I was inside of a washing machine, swaying from side to side, trying not to fall. I kept thinking, I'm going down.

Of course, there was a very nice looking man waiting in his car for me to get across the parking lot so he could leave. I had just spoken with him while paying. How embarrassing! I did manage to stay on my feet thank goodness!

I started thinking afterwards, that before I lost some of my weight, (I lost 25pounds before IP) that I would of hit the ground sure thing like I've done in the past.

P.S. Now I really know why my friends call me Grace.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
NSV here: I have Type II diabetes, but I am very insulin resistant and was on tons of insulin before IP. I am only in the middle of week 2, and have cut my insulin by 90% AND am off one of my 3 blood pressure medications. Amazing!
Great job Traveling Stitcher! Those results are better than your WI anyday. Keep up the good work.

Old 09-24-2010, 08:25 PM   #53  

Height: 5' 7"

I am in! Got my kit today. Day one on plan!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:32 PM   #54  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

@iowahawkeyemom Your story about your "almost fall" cracked me up. But I know what you mean. I've only shrunk 7 lbs.. but hey.. I definitely can feel it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Welcome! I'm in my 2nd week now... if you need a IP buddy, I'm around! Congrats on taking the first step to improving your life!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by in4life View Post
Welcome! Great to have you on board.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Hello All it's been awhile!
There are so many success stories that it's hard to respond to all so I will just simply say Congrats to Everyone!
The halloween challenge at first seemed to jinx me. My loss was so minimal but I went back to my diary from week 2 and followed it to the letter and next thing you know I have dropped 3.5lbs since last Friday! On Monday I was feeling so down that I called my coach and left the message that I just needed to hear that I was doing everything right. So he called me the next day by that time the scale had moved and I was feeling better but he still so inspirational to me that I still feel the high of that call today.
What I will tell you is that I had stopped eating as much lettuce and when I looked at my week 2 I realized that I was eating some every lunch and every dinner so I reintroduced it and sure enough started feeling the results on the scale.
I guess what it comes down to is that this is a journey or as my coach says it's a marathon not a race. Everybody has a goal but often when you reach the goal it's not the goal that you celebrate it's remembering all the obstacles you overcame along the way! This program may not always feel easy but it definitely feels worth it!

7 weeks in and I am down 24 lbs and over 30"!

Life is what you make of it!

Cheers everyone!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #57  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:

I am 20 and have had large DD/ Small E cup breasts since I was a freshman in high school. Throughout high school I always had a lot of pain in my neck/shoulders/upper back but I blamed this on squatting (with a bar across my neck) and stress ect. since hs I haven't worked out like that in about a year and the pain has stayed consistent. I finally went and saw a doctor about 9 months ago who said I should try losing 20 or so lbs to see if my size decreased. Therefore I began IP. I have officially lost 23 lbs. and my chest sized has not decreased a cm. so I went back to my doctor who said I would have a very good chance of my insurance covering a breast reduction surgery if that was something I wanted. I called the insurance company (UHC) and was told that reconstructive surgery is covered if deemed "medically necessary" I presented my documentation from my MD, a chiropractor I've been seeing since I was 14 for my back problems, and a Therapeutic Therapist I've been seeing since I was 16 to a plastic surgeon. He took measurements, pictures, height, weight (you have to be in a healthy BMI range for insurance to not write back saying you need to try to lose weight first). He said he would be able to remove 535 g. from my right and 465 from my left (my right is a near cup size larger than my left). He sent everything in to my insurance company and they responded saying "I was denied because they require 500 to be able to be taken out of both breasts. I was 35 g. short on one breast. They said it was non-disputable. Wonderful. I am a student and have no idea where I can come up with $6000 for surgery on my own. Payment plans are nice and all except the interest rates would leave me paying about $7000 when it was all said and done after 2 years. I can't believe insurance companies have the power they do. Looks like I get to continue being in pain for another few years until I graduate and can afford to fix my own medical problems even though I pay out the wahzoo for insurance as it is. Thanks for letting me get this all out. It's been a tough morning. I have had my heart set on an approval because I was basically told there was no way they weren't going to approve me based on my height and body mass/frame.
Rachel, I had a breast reduction in January of 2008 from a DD to a B-C. My doctor's office filled everything out that I needed. They KNEW how much they were going to have to take out in order for insurance to pay for it and that's what they put down.

My advice is to go to another plastic surgeon. Also, about what size do you want to end up? My advice is go small. I actually wish mine were smaller than they are.

Edited to add: I think the $6,000 is way under what it would actually cost.

Last edited by amylew; 09-24-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:09 PM   #58  

Height: 5'8"

just wanted to drop in and say hello i see so many newbies on here and am so happy to see that the word is spreading so rapidly about IP. to all my old friends; soon2be, carlashera, linden, hopefultricia, journeysend, sgory, shrinkingsusie, imsvelting-i am SO proud of you all. you all were there for me through my journey and i hope to make some time to be there for you for the end of yours. wannabe and bevs you look AMAZING! love you all!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 09-24-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
just wanted to drop in and say hello i see so many newbies on here and am so happy to see that the word is spreading so rapidly about IP. to all my old friends; soon2be, carlashera, linden, hopefultricia, journeysend, sgory, shrinkingsusie, imsvelting-i am SO proud of you all. you all were there for me through my journey and i hope to make some time to be there for you for the end of yours. wannabe and bevs you look AMAZING! love you all!
Thanks, Erin. Good to see you around! You're looking great as usual!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #60  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Thanks, Erin. Good to see you around! You're looking great as usual!

Why thank you BevS I'm starting up for 10 more as my bday present to myself, I'm going to make it a habit to chime in at least once daily again(or more)

rachel
i have to agree with amy, try another surgeon and explain why you were declined the first time. they will probably be able to help.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 09-24-2010 at 09:33 PM.
Closed Thread