Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 01:34 PM   #31  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Good luck today!! You are going to do awesome I know it!!

These are some awesome scale and non scale victories! It really helps to keep me excited about I.P and motivated too!!

I'd like to share my scale success: after 8 weeks and 2 days, I have lost 50 lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm almost half way to goal!!!
WHoooopp whhhooopppp, those numbers are fantastic you are averaging 6.25 per week, :c p: wooowwweeee, great job, you are really an inspiration, the program does work ya just gotta do it!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #32  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodomommy View Post
Good luck today!! You are going to do awesome I know it!!

These are some awesome scale and non scale victories! It really helps to keep me excited about I.P and motivated too!!

I'd like to share my scale success: after 8 weeks and 2 days, I have lost 50 lbs!!! I can't believe it!! I'm almost half way to goal!!!
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't wait for the 50 lbs mark! This forum does keep me motivated! I said to my coach that I want to be at 250 lbs for Xmas he also explained to us how we will play with the phases to make sure we eat *whats on the table* without too much dammage im quite excited!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday, All.

I had my weigh in this am and was a bit disappointed with only 5 lbs gone since last official weigh in--to quote others "stupid TOM!". I noticed my ring was a bit tight this morning and the analytical scale at the clinic showed I was up 1.5% on water since last weigh in, so that explains that. So officially, I have lost 29.6 lbs in 7 weeks. I'll take it! As JLewis said above, I was hoping for more but this is way better than the alternative!

So that was the sort of good news, the great news is that I've released a solid 5 inches in the last two weeks--1" from my waist, 2" from my hips which I've really been noticing, 1.5" from my thighs and .5" from my arms. I thought my arms looked smaller and my coach was freaking about how much this represents for such a relatively small area. And I'm keeping in mind this includes TOM water retention, so today (under strict instruction from my coach) I'm putting less emphasis on the scale and more on the shift in my body. And one more sparkly little -5 lbs flower on my signature is making me happy too.

Have a great day, All. And congrats to everyone on all the great WIs, milestones and NSVs.

Jackie
Old 09-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #34  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I think I might revise my goal weight down to 165...

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!

I want 170s. That's the last weight I remember getting whistled at on the street. Yay for you!!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #35  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Ok Ladies I am going to go on a rant here... you don't need to read this unless you want to

I am 20 and have had large DD/ Small E cup breasts since I was a freshman in high school. Throughout high school I always had a lot of pain in my neck/shoulders/upper back but I blamed this on squatting (with a bar across my neck) and stress ect. since hs I haven't worked out like that in about a year and the pain has stayed consistent. I finally went and saw a doctor about 9 months ago who said I should try losing 20 or so lbs to see if my size decreased. Therefore I began IP. I have officially lost 23 lbs. and my chest sized has not decreased a cm. so I went back to my doctor who said I would have a very good chance of my insurance covering a breast reduction surgery if that was something I wanted. I called the insurance company (UHC) and was told that reconstructive surgery is covered if deemed "medically necessary" I presented my documentation from my MD, a chiropractor I've been seeing since I was 14 for my back problems, and a Therapeutic Therapist I've been seeing since I was 16 to a plastic surgeon. He took measurements, pictures, height, weight (you have to be in a healthy BMI range for insurance to not write back saying you need to try to lose weight first). He said he would be able to remove 535 g. from my right and 465 from my left (my right is a near cup size larger than my left). He sent everything in to my insurance company and they responded saying "I was denied because they require 500 to be able to be taken out of both breasts. I was 35 g. short on one breast. They said it was non-disputable. Wonderful. I am a student and have no idea where I can come up with $6000 for surgery on my own. Payment plans are nice and all except the interest rates would leave me paying about $7000 when it was all said and done after 2 years. I can't believe insurance companies have the power they do. Looks like I get to continue being in pain for another few years until I graduate and can afford to fix my own medical problems even though I pay out the wahzoo for insurance as it is. Thanks for letting me get this all out. It's been a tough morning. I have had my heart set on an approval because I was basically told there was no way they weren't going to approve me based on my height and body mass/frame.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 260.5/253/140

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
.....in .8 more lbs I WILL have lost 20 lbs! In 24 days! YEAH! SOOOOOOOO excited....hopefully the next 60 come off in the same manner! I'm so stoked!
CONGRATULATIONS! That's awesome - you SHOULD be stoked!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:13 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 260.5/253/140

Height: 5' 5"

Soon 2 B MrsT and sgorny

Congratulations to both of you! Great job!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 232/183.2/156

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
I want 170s. That's the last weight I remember getting whistled at on the street. Yay for you!!
That is great!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
Ok Ladies I am going to go on a rant here... you don't need to read this unless you want to

I am 20 and have had large DD/ Small E cup breasts since I was a freshman in high school. Throughout high school I always had a lot of pain in my neck/shoulders/upper back but I blamed this on squatting (with a bar across my neck) and stress ect. since hs I haven't worked out like that in about a year and the pain has stayed consistent. I finally went and saw a doctor about 9 months ago who said I should try losing 20 or so lbs to see if my size decreased. Therefore I began IP. I have officially lost 23 lbs. and my chest sized has not decreased a cm. so I went back to my doctor who said I would have a very good chance of my insurance covering a breast reduction surgery if that was something I wanted. I called the insurance company (UHC) and was told that reconstructive surgery is covered if deemed "medically necessary" I presented my documentation from my MD, a chiropractor I've been seeing since I was 14 for my back problems, and a Therapeutic Therapist I've been seeing since I was 16 to a plastic surgeon. He took measurements, pictures, height, weight (you have to be in a healthy BMI range for insurance to not write back saying you need to try to lose weight first). He said he would be able to remove 535 g. from my right and 465 from my left (my right is a near cup size larger than my left). He sent everything in to my insurance company and they responded saying "I was denied because they require 500 to be able to be taken out of both breasts. I was 35 g. short on one breast. They said it was non-disputable. Wonderful. I am a student and have no idea where I can come up with $6000 for surgery on my own. Payment plans are nice and all except the interest rates would leave me paying about $7000 when it was all said and done after 2 years. I can't believe insurance companies have the power they do. Looks like I get to continue being in pain for another few years until I graduate and can afford to fix my own medical problems even though I pay out the wahzoo for insurance as it is. Thanks for letting me get this all out. It's been a tough morning. I have had my heart set on an approval because I was basically told there was no way they weren't going to approve me based on my height and body mass/frame.
I feel so bad for you! I had a BR in May of this year at my highest weight... I went from a 40 K to D... and I live in Canada so I did not have to pay a dime.. I feel so badly for our friends across the boarder as far as medical needs are concerned... Keep your chin up and maybe move?? tee hee... A big congrats on the weight loss tho, way to go!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:48 PM   #40  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

AARGH! Had my weigh in yesterday and sooooo wanted to reach my 50 lbs. mark at 16 weeks.....but it was not to be....49 lbs. lost.

I do know the only control I have is what I choose to eat and it's up to the body to shed weight or hold it....I keep repeating "the body will do, what the body will do!!! Perhaps next week....have never lost this much weight in such a short length of time anyway.....and without suffering.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:50 PM   #41  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I totally found THE DRESS today! Our dance studio has a fall showcase event October 2nd and I have been using it as a goal to find a really nice dress that actually fits me. Because of my weight changing so quickly, I wanted to wait until closer so it would still fit. After trying on a bunch of dresses, I found this great sparkly black one.

I wasn't going to show it to my husband until that day but he woke up while I was trying it on to make sure the undergarments looked right and got that look on his face! It was really cool!

On a side note, I also found a cute denim skirt that was on clearance that I can wear to a casual anniversary dance Sunday.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:02 PM   #42  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
“There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.”

Consider me an IP “old-timer” and president of the Turtle Club (less than 2 lbs/week average); I mostly lurk and don’t post much. To all the Newbies: STICK WITH IT!!

This program is so worth a few months of your life to get healthy. In nearly 5 months, my blood pressure has gone down from scary-high to normal without meds. I’m wearing clothes that I never in my life dreamed of fitting into, have tons of energy, have lowered my goal weight by 15 pounds (thanks to the inspiration of Novak) and feel wonderful.

It doesn’t matter if you loose fast or slow, you will loose. Don’t compare yourself to others, just STICK WITH IT!! Don’t try to scam the program (no, there are no types of sugar cookies allowed), try your best not to cheat and STICK WITH IT!! It’s only a relatively few months out of your life and there is life after Phase 1 (I’m not there yet). Phase 1 will be over and you will be healthy and thin. There will be more birthday dinners, anniversary celebrations, barbeques and state fairs next year—and just think how great you will feel if you just STICK WITH IT!!

Mary
Mary THANKS!!
My WI is tonight and I was not feeling very good about it. I may only loose 1-1.8lbs this week. (last week was just over 5 but that wasn't making me feel any better). I was wanting a french fry at lunch and would have eaten one but my DH ate them all before my salad was gone, I did give him a dirty look. I will chug on threw...Thanks again!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #43  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I totally found THE DRESS today! Our dance studio has a fall showcase event October 2nd and I have been using it as a goal to find a really nice dress that actually fits me. Because of my weight changing so quickly, I wanted to wait until closer so it would still fit. After trying on a bunch of dresses, I found this great sparkly black one.

I wasn't going to show it to my husband until that day but he woke up while I was trying it on to make sure the undergarments looked right and got that look on his face! It was really cool!

On a side note, I also found a cute denim skirt that was on clearance that I can wear to a casual anniversary dance Sunday.
That's awesome! Congrats.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #44  
09/15/10

S/C/G: 246.8/161.4/156

Height: 5'4 1/2

Good job to every one who has had a NV and SV you give me hope.

This is only my 2nd week on IP and I am still getting use to eating all the veggies. I did however have green peppers with my omelet and found that I actually liked the peppers. In the past I would eat a few pieces of pepper but pick around them if I could. I hope my tast buds will change so that I can enjoy more veggies.

By the way do you have to eat salad I eat every thing it says to eat except the all you can eat salad, will this affect my weight lose.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:35 PM   #45  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginBAM View Post
Good job to every one who has had a NV and SV you give me hope.

This is only my 2nd week on IP and I am still getting use to eating all the veggies. I did however have green peppers with my omelet and found that I actually liked the peppers. In the past I would eat a few pieces of pepper but pick around them if I could. I hope my tast buds will change so that I can enjoy more veggies.

By the way do you have to eat salad I eat every thing it says to eat except the all you can eat salad, will this affect my weight lose.
ginBAM, I go back and forth with this. I'm not really sure myself. I eat it every after noon for a bit then I stop. The minute I stall on weight loss or get the big C I go right back to eating it every afternoon.

Any one have a definitive answer on this?
Closed Thread