Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 07:17 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat - Friday 9/24/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post. Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album. Each person who posted in the previous IP thread now has his or her own thread in this sub-forum.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

WI today and I'm nervous! For the past two weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs., but my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the inches are coming off. It seems to be petty on my part, when I'm feeling better and looking better, but I really want to see a loss of poundage today!!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:33 AM   #3  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone!

I did great yesterday. My son is off to L.A. and It is going to be a very busy busy day with no school.

my scale moved 1 pound since Tuesday.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #4  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Good Morning everyone! I had my first food nightmare last night... I was on a cruise.. at the buffet line... not an IP food in sight! EEK!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:53 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Default CalMag

I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten an advice so I figure since this thread is more active I'll ask here.

OK, got a similar question/situation. I have been taking the multi vit, CalMag and Potasium as perscribed. The only one that I've might have not taken all 4 daily is the CalMag as some days would take one with a.m. and one/two at noon so I would forget the last. I would take that way because I have a very weak stomach and the first few days I started IP I would get very nauseous. Well last night due to the Big C, my coach said the CalMag might help if taken 2 lunch and 2 dinner. Well low and behold I had that reaction early this a.m. and sour stomach and nausea all day still with some Big D. I began reading about CalMag and some sites don't recommend that high of Mag as it could cause the Big D. I wonder if my body just doesn't need that much Mag. I really feel horrible and don't want to have an episode like that again. Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:13 AM   #6  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Just want to say that like Linden, I am a member of the Stick with It Club. Weeks 7-12 were slow slow slow for me and now the scale can be surprisingly good or bad BUT I feel so much better eating the IP way. I love the rtd vanilla boxes for breakfast. Salad and protein lunch and dinner with veggies. I had put my life on hold carrying around my dog (55 lbs) and more...An occasion treat will be in my future but I don't think I will ever eat out of control for days, weeks, months again. There's just too many things I want to do and places I want to see and I don't want to drag myself around anymore.
Great fun yesterday. I had splurged on a pair of Ferragamo pants about 5 years ago. They were a size 8 and a bit too small. They have been in the shopping bag in my closet and now they FIT. I love shopping at home! And I really love all the clothes choices I have now. I love IP!!!

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-24-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
I posted this on another thread but haven't gotten an advice so I figure since this thread is more active I'll ask here.

OK, got a similar question/situation. I have been taking the multi vit, CalMag and Potasium as perscribed. The only one that I've might have not taken all 4 daily is the CalMag as some days would take one with a.m. and one/two at noon so I would forget the last. I would take that way because I have a very weak stomach and the first few days I started IP I would get very nauseous. Well last night due to the Big C, my coach said the CalMag might help if taken 2 lunch and 2 dinner. Well low and behold I had that reaction early this a.m. and sour stomach and nausea all day still with some Big D. I began reading about CalMag and some sites don't recommend that high of Mag as it could cause the Big D. I wonder if my body just doesn't need that much Mag. I really feel horrible and don't want to have an episode like that again. Any advice would be appreciated.
Well, I don't know if that's what is causing your problem (maybe), but I was told to take the liquid calcium/magnesium capsules, 2 at dinner and 2 at bedtime. They are taken in the evening because they have a tranquilizing effect and also help prevent nighttime leg cramps.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:16 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 183/145/140

Height: 5'4.5"

“There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.”

Consider me an IP “old-timer” and president of the Turtle Club (less than 2 lbs/week average); I mostly lurk and don’t post much. To all the Newbies: STICK WITH IT!!

This program is so worth a few months of your life to get healthy. In nearly 5 months, my blood pressure has gone down from scary-high to normal without meds. I’m wearing clothes that I never in my life dreamed of fitting into, have tons of energy, have lowered my goal weight by 15 pounds (thanks to the inspiration of Novak) and feel wonderful.

It doesn’t matter if you loose fast or slow, you will loose. Don’t compare yourself to others, just STICK WITH IT!! Don’t try to scam the program (no, there are no types of sugar cookies allowed), try your best not to cheat and STICK WITH IT!! It’s only a relatively few months out of your life and there is life after Phase 1 (I’m not there yet). Phase 1 will be over and you will be healthy and thin. There will be more birthday dinners, anniversary celebrations, barbeques and state fairs next year—and just think how great you will feel if you just STICK WITH IT!!

Mary
Old 09-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #9  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

.....in .8 more lbs I WILL have lost 20 lbs! In 24 days! YEAH! SOOOOOOOO excited....hopefully the next 60 come off in the same manner! I'm so stoked!

Last edited by wyoangel; 09-24-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:45 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Silly Putty, I felt the exact same way about 12 hours ago. Everyone...Everyone here supported me -- So now it's my turn pay it forward.

Stick with it!!! You are Worth it!

This morning, I was stressing about my weigh in. In retrospect it was likely because I did have a mini-goal, and today was the day. I was sure that I hadn't come even close. So instead of giving up, I came here for encouragement and I was not disappointed. Let me tell you how the rest of my day went. I did have my weigh in today, but before hitting the scale, I talked to my coach about my woes (much the same as yours). And as I was complaining about the 2 pound losses, I stopped and listened to myself, and I actually started to feel kind of silly as my coach just patiently listened to me...

Let me ask you what I asked myself: Have you ever lost this much this fast in your life? Is the diet really that hard to do? Yes, It hits a bit in the pocket, but aren't you worth it? What if you don't lose the weight and develop diabetes or uncontrolled cholesterol - or any number of the things that can be caused by extra weight? Would you think twice about paying for medications? You are worth it and you can do it!!!

Everyone of us has those moments. Give it time. You will soon get on the scale and see a loss -- It may sneak up on you.

By the way, After my coach and I reviewed my woes, she suggested I just stay on track -- increase the water if I can, and to believe in myself and the program. In other words: Keep the faith. Then I stepped on the scale ... and I had lost 5.6 pounds since last week!!!!! And then I cried - Stupid Hormones!

My coach is very nice, but the people here are my real coaches. I can come here anytime I am down or even when I am totally pumped about IP, day or night, and I always feel better. I know without a doubt that we are all on the same road, we just hit the bumps in the road at different times. And thank God for that, since when one of us is struggling over a bump, there is someone else flying down a hill and just waiting to pick you up and pull you along.

A Very BIG THANKS to everyone who shared their experience, expertise and good will, and kept me from giving in to a bad moment. Thanks for being here, You really are the BEST support anyone could wish for.

Silly Putty, Keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry about tomorrow. Do it right today, and then do it right again tomorrow. Worry only about today and the weight will come off!
Jeannie - This is an excellent post! What a way to pay it forward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKF View Post
I'm in TX and didn't realize it was that time of year already... Fried butter, chicken fried corn dogs (not sure if that's real)... all kinds of amazing carb+fat combos that can/will be imagined. Take it down to its bits and pieces and it all is a bit yuck, which is good, but TX fair food is the stuff that that the world likes to talk about - so lots of folks wanna just try it.

Several on the site have been excited about having a 'big breakfast.' Maybe my BB will be a slice/hunk/loaf of fried butter:-) not really, but it's fun to consider... a hunk a slice a piece of ...fried butter. (School House Rock.)

PS I've never been to the TX state fair.
JKF - It looks like we probably won't be going to the fair. We checked last night, and today is opening day. We decided that it will probably be very crowded, so maybe next year. Crowds and heat - not for this Chicago girl!

I did my grocery shopping here yesterday. I was so disappointed that the romaine lettuce I bought is bitter! What's up with that? I enjoy making a big salad for lunch, and now I just want to throw out the rest of the romaine.

I did make turkeyburgers yesterday, so I can have one of those for my dinner each night that I'm here. Tonight I'll be babysitting my 2 DGD's while DD and DSIL have a date night. I feel sooooo in control on this trip. Usually, I'm munching on stuff while I'm here, especially in the evening. This time I'm not even having cravings.

Last edited by gibster; 09-24-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

WI #13 this morning.... -3lbs (for a total of 32!)!! Take THAT plateau.

I also had my coach configure my total inches lost and she came to the wonderful grand total of 24 inches! Holy cow!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #12  
Motivated IP-er

S/C/G: HW313(2007) 264(IP)/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Default OMG!!!! 170'sssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!

Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!

179.1 to be exact.

I think I might revise my goal weight down to 165...

I just wish the skin could keep up! At least I know a good bodywork man in Tacoma... now I just have to wish that I didn't hear that another woman who needed it cost $30K!
Old 09-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Top OF THE MORNIN' -WISHING EVERYONE A GREAT IP FRIDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by rox824 View Post
WI today and I'm nervous! For the past two weeks I've only lost a total of 2lbs., but my clothes are fitting looser, so I know the inches are coming off. It seems to be petty on my part, when I'm feeling better and looking better, but I really want to see a loss of poundage today!!
Rox You will do great, believe in yourself and IP, can't go wrong!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
.....in .8 more lbs I WILL have lost 20 lbs! In 24 days! YEAH! SOOOOOOOO excited....hopefully the next 60 come off in the same manner! I'm so stoked!
wyoangel Yeah for you...20lbs is exciting and yes the next 60 will come off in the same manner...IP is great and so are you

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
“There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.”

Consider me an IP “old-timer” and president of the Turtle Club (less than 2 lbs/week average); I mostly lurk and don’t post much. To all the Newbies: STICK WITH IT!!

This program is so worth a few months of your life to get healthy. In nearly 5 months, my blood pressure has gone down from scary-high to normal without meds. I’m wearing clothes that I never in my life dreamed of fitting into, have tons of energy, have lowered my goal weight by 15 pounds (thanks to the inspiration of Novak) and feel wonderful.

It doesn’t matter if you loose fast or slow, you will loose. Don’t compare yourself to others, just STICK WITH IT!! Don’t try to scam the program (no, there are no types of sugar cookies allowed), try your best not to cheat and STICK WITH IT!! It’s only a relatively few months out of your life and there is life after Phase 1 (I’m not there yet). Phase 1 will be over and you will be healthy and thin. There will be more birthday dinners, anniversary celebrations, barbeques and state fairs next year—and just think how great you will feel if you just STICK WITH IT!!

Mary
Mary Well said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Just want to say that like Linden, I am a member of the Stick with It Club. Weeks 7-12 were slow slow slow for me and now the scale can be surprisingly good or bad BUT I feel so much better eating the IP way. I love the rtd vanilla boxes for breakfast. Salad and protein lunch and dinner with veggies. I had put my life on hold carrying around my dog (55 lbs) and more...An occasion treat will be in my future but I don't think I will ever eat out of control for days, weeks, months again. There's just too many things I want to do and places I want to see and I don't want to drag myself around anymore.
Great fun yesterday. I had splurged on a pair of Ferragamo pants about 5 years ago. They were a size 8 and a bit too small. They have been in the shopping bag in my closet and now they FIT. I love shopping at home! And I really love all the clothes choices I have now. I love IP!!!
HopefulTricia Fitting into clothes that you haven't been able to for a long time is so exhilarating isn't it...I only have 1 more pr of jeans that DD's BF gave her to shrink into size 13!!! Have a great day
Old 09-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #14  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
Had to post - I've slipped into the 170's today! For the first time in over 20 years!
Yay! That's awesome! I love that feeling! Had it when I got under 200, then into the 180s! Can't wait for the 170s!! and 160s! Keep up the good work!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Reading through all the posts this morning is such an inspiration. My scale hasn't budged in 3 days...and I was all discouraged, but came here and read that I am not alone and that this is worth it and that I am worth it.

Well done to all of you who have persevered.

Blessings Cie
Closed Thread