Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Stick with it!!! You are Worth it!
YES!!!
There are several members still posting who know about sticking with the program even when they're not losing pounds and/or inches-- sticking with it for 8, 9 weeks and more. Linden is one of them and knows whereof she speaks.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-23-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: testing html-knowledge-fu
Old 09-23-2010, 11:20 PM   #107  
RockinRosie

S/C/G: 169/144/130

Height: 5"5

Thumbs up

Wow, just wanted to say great job girlie!! I'm only on Day 2 and cannot weight to see what the end of the week will bring. Keep it UP !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Good evening ladies... I'm just finishing dinner and I had to let you know... my first weigh in was today... I'm down 7 lbs and 14.5 inches in 6 days. Also, I mentioned my 60 year old father is doing IP as well.. he's down 11.5 lbs and 17 inches.... crazy world we live in lol.. YAY!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:21 PM   #108  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default TX state fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibster View Post
Good morning, all. I survived my travel day. I ate my "regular" meal at lunch because my flight to TX was right after work. ...I brought my IP packets and shaker, and I'm ready for a great weekend. We may be going to the TX state fair tomorrow, but I think I can handle it...
I'm in TX and didn't realize it was that time of year already... Fried butter, chicken fried corn dogs (not sure if that's real)... all kinds of amazing carb+fat combos that can/will be imagined. Take it down to its bits and pieces and it all is a bit yuck, which is good, but TX fair food is the stuff that that the world likes to talk about - so lots of folks wanna just try it.

Several on the site have been excited about having a 'big breakfast.' Maybe my BB will be a slice/hunk/loaf of fried butter:-) not really, but it's fun to consider... a hunk a slice a piece of ...fried butter. (School House Rock.)

PS I've never been to the TX state fair.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #109  
RockinRosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Dear IP friends, I need a PEP talk! I am drinking over 100 oz of water per day, I am weighing and measuring, and I haven't even come close to cheating. The only thing I do have trouble with is my schedule doesn't allow me to eat every 4 hours. Breakfast drink is at 7, lunch is at 12, Dinner is at 5-5:30 and my snack is at 8. After a nice first 2 weeks, (14 pounds), I have stalled. My scale at home has only moved .5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am feeling so discouraged. Inches have slowed too. I have added walking every other day. TOM is completely messed up, used to be like a clock--last month 5 days early, this month 5 days late and still waiting! PMS is OOC, and I need some help! I am also at the weight where I stall at every diet I have ever done. Please help me get past this road block!!!! I am getting desperate. How can I possibly consume less than 1000 calories a day for 14 days and see such small results when others do so well? I am sure I am not the only one that has faced this -- Any suggestions?
I am brand new to this plan but from other posts that I have read have suggested the following:
1) Drinking too much caffeine each day?
2) Are you getting the full amount of veggies and getting some lettuce in there too?
3) Stress can play a role as well
Either way.....keep strong and at it...all the hard work will pay off !
Old 09-23-2010, 11:43 PM   #110  
RockinRosie

Hello everybody!! So day 2 for me and gotta admit feeling a bit hungry today for sure. At work I was talking with a colleague and she was eating popcorn and I was almost drooling over her every bite...she offered me some and yay for me...I declined...skinny jeans here I come! Struggled a bit with a headache today and almost light headedness/euphoria feeling? Weird?? Well From what I've read the hunger goes away after Day 3 or so?? Hopefully?? Anybody else hungry the first few days??
Old 09-23-2010, 11:51 PM   #111  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrosie View Post
Hello everybody!! So day 2 for me and gotta admit feeling a bit hungry today for sure. At work I was talking with a colleague and she was eating popcorn and I was almost drooling over her every bite...she offered me some and yay for me...I declined...skinny jeans here I come! Struggled a bit with a headache today and almost light headedness/euphoria feeling? Weird?? Well From what I've read the hunger goes away after Day 3 or so?? Hopefully?? Anybody else hungry the first few days??
Yes, I imagine most people are. Rather than break with the plan, have an extra packet before you go to bed. The hunger should end day 4-5. Headache? Did you get enough salt?

I hope you have the time to read widely through the posts and, especially, the Tips for Newbies. You'll benefit immensely from the collective knowledge. And welcome.
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Night from the west coast ladies and gent. Hope you all have a great day tom. and wake up thinner!
Old 09-24-2010, 01:04 AM   #113  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinrosie View Post
My first day I was fine.. it was the 2nd-4th that I was hungry and even slipped a little. I had headaches bad... try licking some sea salt off your hand or dissolving some in a small amount of water and drinking it down. It really does help. Also, you might get the euphoria feeling, as I think that's basically you body screaming "Yay!, I'm getting rid of toxins!", plus the added energy that will come...

Welcome to the big loser fest... I'm excited and I hope you are too! It does get easier after the first few days... and believe me.. I thought losing weight wouldn't be easy.. pffft! If you need a diet buddy.. I'm around!

Also:
Thanks to everyone with the support. I'm super stoked about my 7lbs and 14.5inches loss... I've got my head on straight now and there's no stopping me. Fat is kinda like a crappy boyfriend and I'm leaving it behind!

Last edited by xmln3x; 09-24-2010 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2010, 02:12 AM   #114  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default Your male cat! or Your female cat! ...hum

[QUOTE=deinekatze;3492137]How about this:

I really appreciate your suggestions because I was a bit of a follower in the 80s/90s of muscle/fitness- and much of the true fitness/food theory of that time still holds true.

Of course - I was a single young woman and able to follow her own dreams/ideals but still - the M&F mags were a strong inspiration. That's one reson for my not balking at IP. Glad you're on the site. We're not doing a lot of training here but when we all reach our goals, which WE WILL, what would you suggest to be the next physical step -increase cardio or weight training? My history tells me WT but I've always overdone it to
fogetaboutit...

What might be the best schedule for the wimpiest of IPers? Thx! JKF
Old 09-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Hi everyone !

With school starting back, the new job and everything else, I don't really have the time to come and post often, but I'm thinking about you all a lot.

Somebody post this on facebook. I dunno, maybe you've seen it all, but I thought it could be good to share !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
Lady5andy: I wanted this video and it's the best 5 minutes I've spent all day. Thank you for posting it. Amazing.

Quote:
Good evening ladies... I'm just finishing dinner and I had to let you know... my first weigh in was today... I'm down 7 lbs and 14.5 inches in 6 days. Also, I mentioned my 60 year old father is doing IP as well.. he's down 11.5 lbs and 17 inches.... crazy world we live in lol.. YAY!
Congrats to both of you, but aren't those men irritating? All that weight, so little time (yes, SalesGod, I'm lookin' at you and your speedo...ok, maybe not.)

Well ladies and gentlemen (man?):

In the middle of TOM and very bad big C (4 days!! 4 DAYS!!!!), I still lost to get to having lost 51.2 pounds since May 10, and to 135.2 pounds, which gets me at my goal when I started, and a 22.8 BMI. I was blissfully happy, and even more excited when my doc said I needed to move to phase 2 (he knows about my thoughts about getting to 130 or even to the 120's!) And Here's where I say that I was wrong for thinking he'd be all about the packet purchase. He's a great guy, and they have been a fun clinic to go to. My complaint is mostly that I hear so much random, off the wall comments from others...

So, I'm starting Phase 2 tomorrow and will go until October 15 or so, maybe sooner. I was so excited tonight...I hard boild some eggs for tomorrow. I don't think I can handle chicken twice a day. Bleck.

I also raced home and checked to see where I was on my home scale to see if matched, and it did! I bought well.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:35 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

I wanted to check to see that my weight tracker was working.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:36 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Let's try this again...lol

Old 09-24-2010, 07:58 AM   #118  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Good day

I had my 2nd weigh-in this morning and am down now a total of 16lbs & 16.5 inches woo hoo only 14 days on the program. I am very pleased and hope things keep looking up from here.

I hope everyone else is enjoying their day!
Yippie!!!!
Old 09-24-2010, 08:21 AM   #119  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Hi everyone !

With school starting back, the new job and everything else, I don't really have the time to come and post often, but I'm thinking about you all a lot.

Somebody post this on facebook. I dunno, maybe you've seen it all, but I thought it could be good to share !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
That YouTube movie is GREAT!
Old 09-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Congrats! Great first weigh-in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
My first week I lost a lot, my second week 1 1/2#'s, my third week nothing. I didn't cheat and was frustrated. The fourth week I lost 9#'s. I have lost irratically like that for 5 months and it all has totalled up to 85 pounds. They are just numbers - your body knows what it is doing. I just follow the plan and trust that the rest will take care of itself. I only weigh every two weeks now because it is what it is and it's not going to change if I jump on that scale every day.
Wow! 85 pounds! In only 5 months! Impressive!
Closed Thread