Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:58 PM   #91  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
For the last 3 weigh ins I haven't been doing so well... maybe 2 pounds barely any inches.... this is very sad!
I am having salad at lunch with pickles and cucumbers with some celery sticks pretty much everyday and not any salad really at supper time... I focus on the veggies and my protein. Is this my problem? What can I do to shock my system? I am in ketisos, I know as I have all the symptoms and the ketosticks are showing this. I am jogging/walking with my dog a couple times a week and doing some weights and cardio every other day but not even losing many inches....

PLEASE HELP ME.... I am slowly thinking I can't afford this anymore and I feel I could probably lose what I have been losing on my own with exercise and what I am currently doing...

Maybe I just need a kick in the butt. I am not cheating and still feel I am doing pretty good but there is no satisfaction at my weighins....
Silly Putty, I felt the exact same way about 12 hours ago. Everyone...Everyone here supported me -- So now it's my turn pay it forward.

Stick with it!!! You are Worth it!

This morning, I was stressing about my weigh in. In retrospect it was likely because I did have a mini-goal, and today was the day. I was sure that I hadn't come even close. So instead of giving up, I came here for encouragement and I was not disappointed. Let me tell you how the rest of my day went. I did have my weigh in today, but before hitting the scale, I talked to my coach about my woes (much the same as yours). And as I was complaining about the 2 pound losses, I stopped and listened to myself, and I actually started to feel kind of silly as my coach just patiently listened to me...

Let me ask you what I asked myself: Have you ever lost this much this fast in your life? Is the diet really that hard to do? Yes, It hits a bit in the pocket, but aren't you worth it? What if you don't lose the weight and develop diabetes or uncontrolled cholesterol - or any number of the things that can be caused by extra weight? Would you think twice about paying for medications? You are worth it and you can do it!!!

Everyone of us has those moments. Give it time. You will soon get on the scale and see a loss -- It may sneak up on you.

By the way, After my coach and I reviewed my woes, she suggested I just stay on track -- increase the water if I can, and to believe in myself and the program. In other words: Keep the faith. Then I stepped on the scale ... and I had lost 5.6 pounds since last week!!!!! And then I cried - Stupid Hormones!

My coach is very nice, but the people here are my real coaches. I can come here anytime I am down or even when I am totally pumped about IP, day or night, and I always feel better. I know without a doubt that we are all on the same road, we just hit the bumps in the road at different times. And thank God for that, since when one of us is struggling over a bump, there is someone else flying down a hill and just waiting to pick you up and pull you along.

A Very BIG THANKS to everyone who shared their experience, expertise and good will, and kept me from giving in to a bad moment. Thanks for being here, You really are the BEST support anyone could wish for.

Silly Putty, Keep doing what you're doing. Don't worry about tomorrow. Do it right today, and then do it right again tomorrow. Worry only about today and the weight will come off!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #92  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Dear IP friends, I need a PEP talk! I am drinking over 100 oz of water per day, I am weighing and measuring, and I haven't even come close to cheating. The only thing I do have trouble with is my schedule doesn't allow me to eat every 4 hours. Breakfast drink is at 7, lunch is at 12, Dinner is at 5-5:30 and my snack is at 8. After a nice first 2 weeks, (14 pounds), I have stalled. My scale at home has only moved .5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am feeling so discouraged. Inches have slowed too. I have added walking every other day. TOM is completely messed up, used to be like a clock--last month 5 days early, this month 5 days late and still waiting! PMS is OOC, and I need some help! I am also at the weight where I stall at every diet I have ever done. Please help me get past this road block!!!! I am getting desperate. How can I possibly consume less than 1000 calories a day for 14 days and see such small results when others do so well? I am sure I am not the only one that has faced this -- Any suggestions?
My first week I lost a lot, my second week 1 1/2#'s, my third week nothing. I didn't cheat and was frustrated. The fourth week I lost 9#'s. I have lost irratically like that for 5 months and it all has totalled up to 85 pounds. They are just numbers - your body knows what it is doing. I just follow the plan and trust that the rest will take care of itself. I only weigh every two weeks now because it is what it is and it's not going to change if I jump on that scale every day.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 09-23-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #93  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
My first week I lost a lot, my second week 1 1/2#'s, my third week nothing. I didn't cheat and was frustrated. The fourth week I lost 9#'s. I have lost irratically like that for 5 months and it all has totalled up to 85 pounds. They are just numbers - your body knows what it is doing. I just follow the plan and trust that the rest will take care of itself. I only weigh every two weeks now because it is what it is and it's not going to change if I jump on that scale every day.
Thank You so much. I did weigh in today and at the clinic, I had lost 5.6 pounds. I am officially giving up the scale stress! It's always darkes before the dawn! Jeannie

Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Ending Week 3

I just returned from my Week 3 WI. I have lost 4.8 lbs this week. A total of 13 lbs in 3 weeks. I just can't believe this is actually working. I have never lost this much weight this quick. Yeah, IP!!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Ciebelle,
I am experiencing the same thing: the desire to cook all those things I can't have right now -- I actually think it's my way of patting myself on the back. I make something for my hubby, then pat myself on the back for not giving in to temptation. Sick, heh? Anyway, it works for me and for him!!!!!

I picked up a Taste of Home Halloween magazine this week, and found a couple of recipes I just have to try. I won't be able to eat the end result .. but that's okay. I am actually cooking more now than I have in a long time.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
They could use idealtogo.com if there is not a clinic in their areas. There is a clinic finder on their site too. My mom is going to go through idealtogo.com when she starts the program.
Thank you! I am sending her the link.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:34 PM   #97  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Congrats

Congrats to everyone I missed today and this week. It is great to see so many great success stories.

Congrats, also, to those who are persevering through the mentally tough spots that alone is a huge accomplishment. You should all be really proud.

I've had my own weird mental ups and downs this week so I can relate. I think this evening sitting here talking to my sister I realized that no matter what diet or exercise program I do, every time I hit a milestone like under 160 or under 150, etc. I mentally relax and splurge and then don't stop. Tonight, I bought a bunch of carb-loaded food that I know I can't have (saying I was going to use it for a party I'm having Saturday). Luckily, one of the things I picked up were my sister's favorite cupcakes. Once I got to the car I decided to call my sister over for dinner. She walked in and I handed her the bag full of cupcakes and cookies to take home. She is 100 lbs at the same height so they won't harm her at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Good evening ladies... I'm just finishing dinner and I had to let you know... my first weigh in was today... I'm down 7 lbs and 14.5 inches in 6 days. Also, I mentioned my 60 year old father is doing IP as well.. he's down 11.5 lbs and 17 inches.... crazy world we live in lol.. YAY!
Congrats to you and dad!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:03 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

to all who had such great WIs and NSV today, you are all such inspirations!!!

To those who are having a tough time, hang in there...it gets better, just believe in yourself and IP...here is some

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-23-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Good evening ladies... I'm just finishing dinner and I had to let you know... my first weigh in was today... I'm down 7 lbs and 14.5 inches in 6 days. Also, I mentioned my 60 year old father is doing IP as well.. he's down 11.5 lbs and 17 inches.... crazy world we live in lol.. YAY!

Well done
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #101  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

[QUOTE=elle12;3493055]I am so happy to be wearing a misses size 18, they are tight, I got them from Wal-Mart but I am in a Regular size. Also wearing 16w, which is great since I started this diet wearing a 22w.
QUOTE]
oh me too! we are the same weight and same size, but of course I am shorter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
I'm Svelting thanks for the help with the multiple links. I found the button. I was looking on the left not the right yay!

Has anyone else experienced this - since I started the diet I thought it would be hard to cook for my family, but now I am cooking more and baking for them, I am not even tasting or testing, but today I made 2 dozen muffins, a pot of soup and a pot roast...plus my food. On the weekend I made 4 dozen cinnamon buns, blackberry cobbler, pasta..all the stuff I can't have but ..I don't know it is almost therapeutic to make it. It is like working with the food is replacing eating it..I dunno..it will probably change but for now my family is enjoying the this diet too
It's the fall and change of weather here- been baking and cooking like crazy for my fam. with no desire to taste at all( wow that's so rare for me)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So we had a seminar last night at work for Ideal Protein and the Canadian and Ontario rep were there so I asked them about hair loss since I have noticed that I have been losing clumps in the shower. At the beginning of the month they got to meet Dr. Tran and asked him about it and I was told to take 6 omega3 for two days, then 4 for two days and then continue with two, accompanied by two anti-oxides each day. I'm not too concerned about it since my hair is very thick and I always get it thinned anyways, but thought I would ask since I had the opportunity.
thanks for sharing this!!!!!!!!

I am so happy to hear of all the great determination to lose weight and keep it off on this board.. I keep thinking "Imagine what you'll look like at goal, how you will feel about yourself when you can look in the mirror and say outloud finally 'I did it!, I am at my goal weight, I am the weight I was meant to be"!!!! With every pound loss we are getting closer to our goals!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 10:37 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
I'm still pretty new to the IP diet. I'm in week 3. But today I had a moment that makes all the salad and vegetables worth it. While I've only lost 8.5 lbs I'm sure the inches are coming off faster as I have baggy butt syndrome in all of my pants. Today I opened up my jeans drawer and pulled out that pair of "someday I'll fit into them" jeans. THEY FIT!!! Not only did they fit they were a bit loose. I have never been happier. It's the motivation I needed when I was starting to feel down about this diet. For those of you that have been doing this for a while, you know what I mean. So thanks 3FC for being there for me in the good times and bad!
And you were getting bored with the salad I'm proud of you and have a whole bag of clothes for you when you're ready. And remember, that "no butt" syndrome is partly genetic
Old 09-23-2010, 10:40 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Mornin' everyone. Today is my first official WI... wish me luck... I'm off to see the wizard.
I've been thinking about you today and hope your WI was everything you wanted it to be
Old 09-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #104  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post

Stick with it!!! You are Worth it!

YES!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #105  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So we had a seminar last night at work for Ideal Protein and the Canadian and Ontario rep were there so I asked them about hair loss since I have noticed that I have been losing clumps in the shower. At the beginning of the month they got to meet Dr. Tran and asked him about it and I was told to take 6 omega3 for two days, then 4 for two days and then continue with two, accompanied by two anti-oxides each day.
Are these IP supplements, supplied by your coach? The reason I ask is because I was never offered these as an option. Could you please tell us how many milligrams are in each omega3 tablet, and the values of the anti-oxides -- for those of us who've never heard of them? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Linden; 09-23-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Closed Thread