Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 04:51 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!
Jackie, please don't apologize for your "long" posts. I love reading them. I'm so very proud of you -- 29 pounds in a month and a half. Wow! That's awesome! You're very honest in your postings, and it just makes me want to cheer you on. You go, girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Had my WI today (a day early) and I'd lost 3.5 pounds this week. Surprised the heck out of me, as I'd derailed a little on Monday. I plan events for my hometown, and next week is a fall festival, so I'm stressin' BIG TIME! But I'll take 3.5 pounds any week! Now, just imagine what would have been if I'd just left that piece of dark chocolate alone!

Tomorrow I head to the Windy City for a weekend conference. Each evening, my DH's firm will be hosting dinners at a great steak and seafood restaurant. I thought I might "cheat" one of the two days, but after talking with my coach, I have decided I can do this without cheating.

Who is this new me? I don't recognize myself in the mirror and I certainly don't recognize this person who actually has the willpower to decline the best twice-baked potatoes and dessert around.

But, I have decided it will all be worth it if just one person notices my weight loss. I know I shouldn't care what others think, but I've obsessed over everyone thinking I'm fat for so long ..... just one positive comment would be nice and will keep me out of the key lime pie line!

So, I'm off to pack for the weekend. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays on plan!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:53 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi Everyone,

Also, a thought about quantity that some folk might want to think about. This week I'm not even trying to do three packets. I'm using 4 packets a day as my new normal and it's working soooo much better. I'm not hungry and feel much less stressed than when I was trying to eat 3 and ending up eating 4 anyway. I've been having 4/day pretty much for the whole 7 weeks, and the weight has been coming off at a good rate, but now I'm just treating it as my normal. I am reminded that some other diets (eg, WW) allow extra portions for the extra large, so I'm taking this approach until my weight gets down a good chunk. I seem to recall that at WW the weight for women to add an extra portion is 250 lbs. This approach has also been fine with my coach all along, it just took some time to get my little perfectionist ego to accept as okay!

Also thanks for all the suggestions to increase water to 1/2 body weight. I've upped my water this week from under 100 to 160 oz and the pounds are melting away. I'm really looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, All!

Jackie
I think your 4 packets change is terrific! I did the same thing. There were some days in the last 9 weeks that I had 3 packets, but then usually I was super hungry at night even if I didn't notice it during the day. It didn't negatively affect my weight loss, in fact I think it helped it along. I don't think going hungry is very effective on this diet. Plus, we need to be sane! I know what you mean about it being a head thing. I didn't understand why I seemed to need more than everybody else, but then I stopped second guessing and just decided, well, it's working for me and everybody's body is different. Kudos!

KelleyAnn
Old 09-23-2010, 05:04 PM   #63  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Just carry a small container of oil and cider vinegar with salt and pepper added, but not in your carry-on unless it's under 6 oz. 6 oz is easily 4 servings. This is a lot cheaper than IP dressings and, to my way of thinking, heaps better tasting.
Just FYI, if you are planning on flying, each container needs to be under 3.4 ounces and it can't be a large container with only 3 ounces in it. The container must be labeled less than that. I have worked at airports as recently as last year and was trained as a Ground Security Coordinator, so this has been drilled into our brains.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the appreciation, CalebsGM. Re your trip: a 20lb loss shows, especially with this diet. I'm pretty sure people will notice how good you're looking, even if they don't say anything. Hope you have a great weekend.

KelleyAnne
,thanks for seconding the 4/day choice. Regarding it helping your weight loss--good to know! My coach did say that eating an extra packet can help the loss go faster, so not to worry about it. It helps a lot to hear of your positive experience proving the point, so thanks a bunch for your post! It's such a relief not to have to eat as little as possible for a change, but it is a big head shift for sure!

Jackie
Old 09-23-2010, 05:20 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Cool Skinny minnies don't get food addiction!

I'm back to working and not home as much. It's a good thing but it's a change and change is always a bit stressful. I've been thinking about food more. I may not be hungry, but I'm still a food addict, so I tend to want to turn to food for comfort. I think people who have never been really big don't get this part. They can say things that really aggravate me. They don't understand that it is not just about will power, how I wish that was all it took! Well I'm still doing good and I am trusting myself to be OK while sitting with emotions that are uncomfortable. Learning not to eat over those emotions is like learning a new language but I know I can do it if I just don't give up, and I won't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Dear IP friends, I need a PEP talk! I am drinking over 100 oz of water per day, I am weighing and measuring, and I haven't even come close to cheating. The only thing I do have trouble with is my schedule doesn't allow me to eat every 4 hours. Breakfast drink is at 7, lunch is at 12, Dinner is at 5-5:30 and my snack is at 8. After a nice first 2 weeks, (14 pounds), I have stalled. My scale at home has only moved .5 pounds in 2 weeks. I am feeling so discouraged. Inches have slowed too. I have added walking every other day. TOM is completely messed up, used to be like a clock--last month 5 days early, this month 5 days late and still waiting! PMS is OOC, and I need some help! I am also at the weight where I stall at every diet I have ever done. Please help me get past this road block!!!! I am getting desperate. How can I possibly consume less than 1000 calories a day for 14 days and see such small results when others do so well? I am sure I am not the only one that has faced this -- Any suggestions?
FatnFunky: Never give up! Never give up! Never never never give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
Mornin' everyone. Today is my first official WI... wish me luck... I'm off to see the wizard.
xmln3x: Hope the wizard is good to you, be sure to wear your red shoes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Also, a thought about quantity that some folk might want to think about. This week I'm not even trying to do three packets. I'm using 4 packets a day as my new normal and it's working soooo much better. I'm not hungry and feel much less stressed than when I was trying to eat 3 and ending up eating 4 anyway. I've been having 4/day pretty much for the whole 7 weeks, and the weight has been coming off at a good rate, but now I'm just treating it as my normal. I am reminded that some other diets (eg, WW) allow extra portions for the extra large, so I'm taking this approach until my weight gets down a good chunk. I seem to recall that at WW the weight for women to add an extra portion is 250 lbs. This approach has also been fine with my coach all along, it just took some time to get my little perfectionist ego to accept as okay!

Also thanks for all the suggestions to increase water to 1/2 body weight. I've upped my water this week from under 100 to 160 oz and the pounds are melting away. I'm really looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, All!

Jackie
Jackie: I use 4 packets often as well. I have had trouble staying away from 2 restricteds a day though and I think that could make me slow down more. Let us know how your weigh in goes tom!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Tomorrow I head to the Windy City for a weekend conference. Each evening, my DH's firm will be hosting dinners at a great steak and seafood restaurant. I thought I might "cheat" one of the two days, but after talking with my coach, I have decided I can do this without cheating.

Who is this new me? I don't recognize myself in the mirror and I certainly don't recognize this person who actually has the willpower to decline the best twice-baked potatoes and dessert around.

But, I have decided it will all be worth it if just one person notices my weight loss. I know I shouldn't care what others think, but I've obsessed over everyone thinking I'm fat for so long ..... just one positive comment would be nice and will keep me out of the key lime pie line!

So, I'm off to pack for the weekend. Hope everyone has a good weekend and stays on plan!
Calebs Grandma: You have such a great attitude! I hope the event goes off without a hitch for you. Let us know how it went when you get back!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:32 PM   #67  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Hey does anyone know where I can find the nutritional value of IP food.. specially the bars? I'm wanting to order some off the new life styles but want to make sure they are comparable
Old 09-23-2010, 05:34 PM   #68  
1/5/11

nvm found it!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:46 PM   #69  

Hi everyone !

With school starting back, the new job and everything else, I don't really have the time to come and post often, but I'm thinking about you all a lot.

Somebody post this on facebook. I dunno, maybe you've seen it all, but I thought it could be good to share !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU

Last edited by 1FCuser; 09-23-2010 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:49 PM   #70  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default For Salesgod, I'm Swelting!, and CC. Others please ignore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Ah-ha! So that's where those ovaries came from!
I just read this and thought of you and I'm Svelting!.

"Have you ever wondered what dog thinks when he see you urinating in his water dish?"

Not my general post, I'll admit, but it caught me totally off guard -- at the end of an essay on puppy training (which I'm failing) -- and thought of you two, and maybe CoastalCrafter.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #71  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post

2. Yesterday I mentioned that my coach said celery and cukes are unlimited and someone commented that they are...I think that is what she said..so are they or aren't they.

3.Rhubarb? Is it allowed as a non restricted? I am only in week two. I keep hearing people talk about it but not sure where it fits in.
Did you look in yesterday's chat for the answer to yesterday's question? I know I responded and I think several others did, too.

Rhubarb is restricted. Check out its carbs and sugar content.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:33 PM   #72  
1/5/11

so i have thunder thighs... but i also have a thigh master that stares at me every day... would this be ok to use? is it even worth it until i reach my goal?
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Did you look in yesterday's chat for the answer to yesterday's question? I know I responded and I think several others did, too.

Rhubarb is restricted. Check out its carbs and sugar content.
Thanks, I will go back through there again
Old 09-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

For the last 3 weigh ins I haven't been doing so well... maybe 2 pounds barely any inches.... this is very sad!
I am having salad at lunch with pickles and cucumbers with some celery sticks pretty much everyday and not any salad really at supper time... I focus on the veggies and my protein. Is this my problem? What can I do to shock my system? I am in ketisos, I know as I have all the symptoms and the ketosticks are showing this. I am jogging/walking with my dog a couple times a week and doing some weights and cardio every other day but not even losing many inches....

PLEASE HELP ME.... I am slowly thinking I can't afford this anymore and I feel I could probably lose what I have been losing on my own with exercise and what I am currently doing...

Maybe I just need a kick in the butt. I am not cheating and still feel I am doing pretty good but there is no satisfaction at my weighins....
Old 09-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #75  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Just FYI, if you are planning on flying, each container needs to be under 3.4 ounces and it can't be a large container with only 3 ounces in it. The container must be labeled less than that. I have worked at airports as recently as last year and was trained as a Ground Security Coordinator, so this has been drilled into our brains.
Thanks SO much for the correction. I really appreciate it.
Closed Thread