IP Daily Chat - Thursday 9/23/2010 - Page 6 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Did you look in yesterday's chat for the answer to yesterday's question? I know I responded and I think several others did, too.

Rhubarb is restricted. Check out its carbs and sugar content.
Rhubarb is on my Phase 1 sheet as a select veggie (unrestricted). It has 5.5 carbs per cup and 2.2 grams of fiber per cup. I used it a lot in Phase 1, especially when I needed a natural boost in the bathroom.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:19 PM   #77  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
For the last 3 weigh ins I haven't been doing so well... maybe 2 pounds barely any inches.... this is very sad!
I am having salad at lunch with pickles and cucumbers with some celery sticks pretty much everyday and not any salad really at supper time... I focus on the veggies and my protein. Is this my problem? What can I do to shock my system? I am in ketisos, I know as I have all the symptoms and the ketosticks are showing this. I am jogging/walking with my dog a couple times a week and doing some weights and cardio every other day but not even losing many inches....

PLEASE HELP ME.... I am slowly thinking I can't afford this anymore and I feel I could probably lose what I have been losing on my own with exercise and what I am currently doing...

Maybe I just need a kick in the butt. I am not cheating and still feel I am doing pretty good but there is no satisfaction at my weighins....
I don't know if you are opposed to using alternate products.. I use EAS Edge Carb Control shakes from Wally World... they are $6 for a 4 pack but it's significantly cheaper than IP and I still average 3-5 a week. Do not give up because of cost... sites like New lifestyles and Lindora have very comparable products for a fraction of the cost. You just have to do your home work and check nutrition labels... maybe you should cut down on the exercise? I've heard this can hinder weight loss... which is about the strangest thing in th world but hey, i'm not going to complain! Are you getting all your water in? I've noticed that I don't lose as much when I skimp on my water... when I skimp on anything actually. Go back to measuring EVERYTHING out to a T if you are lacking in that area (I get lazy sometimes and have to remind myself how important this is) Hope this helps!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Thanks Rachel13
Looks like we had similar start wieghts, current and goal weights.... Maybe i need to just be very strict and measure everything.
thanks
Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbf410 View Post
We're both in Wichita. Rox824 is my mom. What town are you in?
I'm in Sterling....about and hour north and west of Wichita.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're having an excellent day. As always, congrats to all on all your successes. I'd like to chime in with an NSV today--I wore a denim jumper with matching jacket that I love and have been too big for for the last three years or so. I am so glad to wear it again, because it's seasonal and by next year it will be miles too big!

Also, this morning I had a networking meeting that's held at a pie shop (The Pie Shack on Queen St. E. in the Beaches area of Toronto--fabulous pies!). We always get a slice of pie or freshly made-just-for-us muffins at the meeting. This morning was muffins and they smelled lovely. I didn't want one, but they smelled glorious, so taking the advice of SalesGod and others I just inhaled deeply and enjoyed the aroma. I didn't have time for breakfast before I went, so I loaded up my purse with an RTD and a bar, and opted for the bar while others were eating their still-warm-from-the-oven muffins. No feelings of deprivation whatsoever, and it tided me over until noon quite nicely.

I also have a couple of "two-cents" comments re posts above.
Re sauteeing veggies: to save on oil which I like to use for my salads, I have been using low sodium chicken broth to sautee veggies. Two or three tablespoons is enough to prevent veggies from sticking until their own juices start to flow, and it adds a bit of flavour too.

Many thanks to whoever posted about eating celery to help keep things moving a few days ago. Every time I eat beef, other things with lots or iron, not enough lettuce or too much chocolate stuff, my system slows and things get uncomfortable. Yesterday, I loaded up my IP chicken soup with chopped celery [Tip--if you also add a little garlic & a few small bits of chicken meat it's almost like Campbell's Cream of Chicken]. It worked like a charm!

Also, a thought about quantity that some folk might want to think about. This week I'm not even trying to do three packets. I'm using 4 packets a day as my new normal and it's working soooo much better. I'm not hungry and feel much less stressed than when I was trying to eat 3 and ending up eating 4 anyway. I've been having 4/day pretty much for the whole 7 weeks, and the weight has been coming off at a good rate, but now I'm just treating it as my normal. I am reminded that some other diets (eg, WW) allow extra portions for the extra large, so I'm taking this approach until my weight gets down a good chunk. I seem to recall that at WW the weight for women to add an extra portion is 250 lbs. This approach has also been fine with my coach all along, it just took some time to get my little perfectionist ego to accept as okay!

Also thanks for all the suggestions to increase water to 1/2 body weight. I've upped my water this week from under 100 to 160 oz and the pounds are melting away. I'm really looking forward to my WI tomorrow.

Sorry for the long post. Have a great day, All!

Jackie
Wonderful thinking to avoid the muffins. I enjoyed your post. You must let us know tomorrow after your weigh-in how you did!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:42 PM   #81  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
so i have thunder thighs... but i also have a thigh master that stares at me every day... would this be ok to use? is it even worth it until i reach my goal?
yes it is, do it!
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #82  

Default It's a long one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
a couple of questions:

1. I tried linking several quotes so I could respond to individuals, and I did look at the sticky about it. I got the part about hitting the multiple links but when I go to do my post I cannot find the button to press to make them show up in my post.

2. Yesterday I mentioned that my coach said celery and cukes are unlimited and someone commented that they are...I think that is what she said..so are they or aren't they.
Quoting: Once you've collected all the quotes you want to respond to, scroll down to the last post on the page. Just below it there's a button that says "Post Reply"

Celery and cucumbers An IP coach in the Toronto area whose clients are getting very good results allows celery, cucumbers and pickles as unlimited consumption vegetables. Cue the rant on coaching inconsistencies. If your coach suggests that you have it, use it and keep it in mind as something to check in the unlikely event that your weight loss slows because of over-consumption of celery and cucumbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Its a daily choice! I am committed to getting up in the morning and choosing life. If I have a little slip up, I don't decide to throw myself under the bus completely. I start over immediately, not days later after I have gained weight.
As Yogi Berra said, 80% of the game is half-mental. Selecting the thoughts to act on is a big part of this program, and almost every other lifestyle change. Great thinking on your part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Good day
I had my 2nd weigh-in this morning and am down now a total of 16lbs & 16.5 inches woo hoo only 14 days on the program. I am very pleased and hope things keep looking up from here.
Well done! You have good reason to be dancing in the streets!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
I travel 2-3 weeks each month. I am on week 2 and so far I am doing fine, except I am unsure how to get in my allotted oil each day.
I have found that many places where I order salad will bring olive oil on request. A deli-style place near my office will give me a little take away container of it to have with my salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
I'd like to chime in with an NSV today--I wore a denim jumper with matching jacket that I love and have been too big for for the last three years or so. I am so glad to wear it again, because it's seasonal and by next year it will be miles too big!

Also, a thought about quantity that some folk might want to think about. This week I'm not even trying to do three packets. I'm using 4 packets a day as my new normal and it's working soooo much better. I'm not hungry and feel much less stressed than when I was trying to eat 3 and ending up eating 4 anyway. I've been having 4/day pretty much for the whole 7 weeks, and the weight has been coming off at a good rate, but now I'm just treating it as my normal. ...This approach has also been fine with my coach all along, it just took some time to get my little perfectionist ego to accept as okay!
Jackie, enjoy that old-new jumper. (Remember Chretien and his "new-new" and "old-new" money speech? ) Isn't it fun to shop in your own closet and find old favourites?

I too eventually decided that it wasn't worth "white-knuckling" this program. If I needed an extra packet, I'd have it. If I let myself go hungry and low-blood sugar, I'd definitely have raided the carb sections of the grocery store by now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Had my WI today (a day early) and I'd lost 3.5 pounds this week. Surprised the heck out of me, as I'd derailed a little on Monday. I plan events for my hometown, and next week is a fall festival, so I'm stressin' BIG TIME! But I'll take 3.5 pounds any week! Now, just imagine what would have been if I'd just left that piece of dark chocolate alone!

Tomorrow I head to the Windy City for a weekend conference. Each evening, my DH's firm will be hosting dinners at a great steak and seafood restaurant. I thought I might "cheat" one of the two days, but after talking with my coach, I have decided I can do this without cheating.

Who is this new me? I don't recognize myself in the mirror and I certainly don't recognize this person who actually has the willpower to decline the best twice-baked potatoes and dessert around.

But, I have decided it will all be worth it if just one person notices my weight loss. I know I shouldn't care what others think, but I've obsessed over everyone thinking I'm fat for so long ..... just one positive comment would be nice and will keep me out of the key lime pie line!
You've got a great plan for dealing with the event. If you haven't seen them in a while, someone probably will say something. You're doing this program for yourself and your health, I hope you'll think THAT's worth it even if nobody says anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
I'm back to working and not home as much. It's a good thing but it's a change and change is always a bit stressful. I've been thinking about food more. I may not be hungry, but I'm still a food addict, so I tend to want to turn to food for comfort. I think people who have never been really big don't get this part. They can say things that really aggravate me. They don't understand that it is not just about will power, how I wish that was all it took! Well I'm still doing good and I am trusting myself to be OK while sitting with emotions that are uncomfortable. Learning not to eat over those emotions is like learning a new language but I know I can do it if I just don't give up, and I won't!
You're doing great! And, you're absolutely right the effort involved in not numbing yourself with the food, stuffing the emotions down. Like learning anything new, it takes a lot of attention and energy at the start. Some situations are easier for me now, but not all.

I remember once (10 years ago) having a difficult phone conversation. I vividly remember the series of thoughts that occurred after it ended,
Numbing thought: "I want to [self-harming habit]."
Interrupting thought: "No you don't, you're angry."
Numbing thought: "I want to eat something, a lot of something."
Interrupting thought: "No you don't, you're angry."
Next thought: "Ok if we're not going to do that, then you're right I'm angry. " and I punched a pillow and went for a walk, going as fast as I could and stomping it out until I was tired and over it.

Quote:
I just read this and thought of [salesgod] and I'm Svelting!.

"Have you ever wondered what dog thinks when he see you urinating in his water dish?"
I'm not sure what to say. You thought of me when you read about toilets? I'll have to dial up the prim and proper in my messages here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel13 View Post
so i have thunder thighs... but i also have a thigh master that stares at me every day... would this be ok to use? is it even worth it until i reach my goal?
Rachel the thighmaster will strengthen your thighs, it won't burn fat off there specifically. My vote: do the thigh master if you find using it fun and enjoyable, or if you want stronger glutes, quads and hamstrings. If not, put it away till later, sell it or give it away.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Is there some reason my 2nd week weigh-in (posted 9.19) doesn't get posted? I'm not proud of it, because I was up, but I do want you to think that I am posting.
Linden, your weigh-in is updated.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #84  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Linden, your weigh-in is updated.
Thanks.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #85  

Default A couple of NSVs

Yesterday a friend/neighbourhood business owner saw me as she was driving to work and I was walking to the train. Later she was talking with ScooterMan (my partner/fiancé) and enthusiastically commented about how good I looked and how much weight I'd lost. She's interested in what I've been doing, so I'll probably arrange to talk with her over the weekend.

Today I wore the "aspirational" skirt I purchased in August. It fits really well and there's something kind of fun about it -- the shape and the length. Because the weather was nice today and my workplace is casual, I didn't wear tights, stockings, pantihose, etc. The NSV: minimal thigh rubbing! I can actually believe that some day soon, I'll have no rubbing or chafing.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:09 PM   #86  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
[B]
I'm not sure what to say. You thought of me when you read about toilets? I'll have to dial up the prim and proper in my messages here.
No, silly. I thought of people who have an uncanny way of looking at things from another perspective, and making them funny. (And I'll bet you thought I was going to say No, I thought of dogs.)

Last edited by Linden; 09-23-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #87  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Interesting talk about flying with olive oil. This summer I flew on Olympic airlines from a Greek Island. It was only a 40 minute flight to Athens and they served us a complete dinner on such a short flight. It was chicken on a skewer, hard roll, and a side salad with little tiny plastic containers of olive oil in one and vinegar in the other. I thought, no wonder everyone who lives in Greece is thin. They eat healthier! I didn't notice many over weight people there. When you did see an overweight person, they were a tourist.

Went in for my weigh in today. It had been 10 days. I have to travel 45 minutes to get to my clinic. I was pleased with my 3.2 pound loss. But think what I could of lost if not for my slip up last weekend.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

I'm Svelting thanks for the help with the multiple links. I found the button. I was looking on the left not the right yay!

Has anyone else experienced this - since I started the diet I thought it would be hard to cook for my family, but now I am cooking more and baking for them, I am not even tasting or testing, but today I made 2 dozen muffins, a pot of soup and a pot roast...plus my food. On the weekend I made 4 dozen cinnamon buns, blackberry cobbler, pasta..all the stuff I can't have but ..I don't know it is almost therapeutic to make it. It is like working with the food is replacing eating it..I dunno..it will probably change but for now my family is enjoying the this diet too
Old 09-23-2010, 09:51 PM   #89  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

So we had a seminar last night at work for Ideal Protein and the Canadian and Ontario rep were there so I asked them about hair loss since I have noticed that I have been losing clumps in the shower. At the beginning of the month they got to meet Dr. Tran and asked him about it and I was told to take 6 omega3 for two days, then 4 for two days and then continue with two, accompanied by two anti-oxides each day. I'm not too concerned about it since my hair is very thick and I always get it thinned anyways, but thought I would ask since I had the opportunity.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:57 PM   #90  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Height: 5'6

Good evening ladies... I'm just finishing dinner and I had to let you know... my first weigh in was today... I'm down 7 lbs and 14.5 inches in 6 days. Also, I mentioned my 60 year old father is doing IP as well.. he's down 11.5 lbs and 17 inches.... crazy world we live in lol.. YAY!
Closed Thread