Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Originally posted yesterday by CUSU
Quote:
I started Ideal Protein on March 31st of this year. From my initial weight-fully clothed at 4:00pm to weighing on the WiiFit this morning-sports bra and shorts, I have lost 100 lbs!!
Su--100lbs gone! That's WONDERFUL!!!! Congratulations!
You slipped this in under the radar on another thread yesterday, and I only saw it today--congratulations on your success! Seeing you and others who have had success in losing large amounts gives me added confidence, so thanks for the boost!

Jackie
Old 09-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanagirly View Post
Just finished my first week on IP - had my weigh in last night and I lost 6 pounds!! I am so excited!
Congratulations!! It's great to be on a program with such great results!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Great results today with weigh ins! Glad to hear! I go tomorrow for my weigh in and a little nervous actually, as it is TOM.. however, that is okay! i feel good and have been staying on protocol 100%

A lot of talk about the restricted today.. I personally have not touched them.. I wanted to at my last weigh in, however, my coach showed me some #'s of other Ipers at our clinic who used restricted vs no restricted, and it showed that those who did not use them lost on avg 1 to 2 pounds per week more.. that is just our clinic tho, everyone is different.. and our clinic is really small, so the #'s may not be reflective of a larger group overall... however, just threw my 2 cents out there!

Have a great night all
Old 09-23-2010, 02:44 AM   #79  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
I tried searching for this answer but haven't found it. Is Edamame allowed or allowed and restricted?
It is a controversial... yes. SOYA is allowed on the protocol... it was so debated that they have taken it off the new guideline sheet.

GREEN soy beans (edamame) are immature and contain a pretty large amount of sugar. I would use them as an occasional item only... meaning I did. and I lost weight.

BLACK soy beans are mature, natural, and not fermented soya. They are high in fiber and low in sugar and provide a good level of protein with a modest level of fat. VERY healthy actually. They are found canned by a company called eden organics. These I used a little more than occasional but still not as freely as our normal greens. They are a wonderful option for those who prefer a vegetarian or lower animal protein approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
Ok I'm having some PMS cravings.... the chocolate I can do.. but I want a snickerdoodle! I thought I saw a recipe for cookies on here somewhere.. but I believe it was oatmeal? I'll keep looking but if anyone knows of a way to do a sugar cookie of some kind I would appreciate it!
Check the packet tips or the newbie thread... I believe the snickerdoodle like "thing" is actually a Jordanna twist on a vanilla pudding with cinnamon. Let me see if I can find it. If I can I will edit and add it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatnFunky View Post
Can someone differentiate between 'frying' veggies, and 'stir fry'. I cook my veggies in a pan with olive oil and sea salt every day. Is this slowing my weight loss? TIA!

WELL.... it seems that there is little difference in heat (both use high temperature). Most of the difference is in the type of pan, size of pieces being cooked, the amount of oil used, and how frequently it is turned.

The link below is just one persons take on the different methods of "frying or sauteing foods".
http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/blog...-and-stir-fry/

I am not entirely sure why we don't do this on the program. It could be the increased amount of fat in foods that are cooked in oil at high heat.. we are avoiding that. It could be the destruction of nutrients do to the high heat. It could be the destruction of fiber at high heat. It could be the release of sugars ie increase of sugar levels in veggies cooked at high heat.

In any case, it is recommended to use little oil, enough to avoid sticking and no more, and lower to medium levels of heat.. NO FRYING.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAShutterbug View Post
I tried searching for this answer but haven't found it. Is Edamame allowed or allowed and restricted?

My weigh in was very little as expected. I watch my scale every day or so and it really hasn't moved in most of this past week. Coach said 10 lbs and 14 inches is good for 3 weeks but with following the plan I am expecting lots more. Had a rough week and maybe didn't get enough veggies in daily as Ketosis is making me not hungry and I'm forcing myself to eat. Fighting the big C too so might be abit of the issue. Got my food and had treated my self to a massage so hopefully with a relaxed body comes a relaxed mind and try harder this week.

Wishing I could fast forward the weeks so I can say I did it.
Make sure you increase your water intake. If you are drinking 64 oz then bump it up to 128. That will definitely speed your weight loss.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:40 AM   #81  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Good evening IP friends. Guess what! Today I was called "skinny." I cannot remember the last time someone said that about me. It was a pleasant surprise. I know that I still have pounds to lose, but it sure was nice to hear that today!
Congratulations "skinny"!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:47 AM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well had Week 5 WI tonight....2.8 pounds. That is a total of 19.9 pounds in 5 weeks. I really wanted that extra ounce!!! Overall I am happy since that is a 4 pound average per week!
Great job Starfish!!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #83  

Arrow It's ... Thursday and ...

Wednesday's chat is over

Don't be sad, come join us in the Thursday thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:36 AM   #84  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

Good Morning everyone.

I looked at the New Life Styles menu all I can say is wow! the variety there is amazing and the food is alot cheaper too?
Closed Thread