Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #61  
Soon To Be FitnFunky

S/C/G: 196/156/136

Height: 5' 1"

Can someone differentiate between 'frying' veggies, and 'stir fry'. I cook my veggies in a pan with olive oil and sea salt every day. Is this slowing my weight loss? TIA!

Last edited by FatnFunky; 09-22-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #62  
Ideal Protein 5/20/14

S/C/G: 204/195/130

Height: 5'4"

[QUOTE=mbswainer;3490669] As for IP bootcamp. I go in for my 12th week weigh in today and I have never even been offered the bars or any other restricted food. I have had a cup of green beans twice and tomato a couple times but otherwise have totally stayed in phase 1 which is boot camp. I have lost about 31 pounds and hope to be down more tomorrow. I think the restricted items really slow you down.[QUOTE]

Everyone is different and I don't necessarily think the restricted items will slow you down. I have heard that they have now changed the protocol to allow for restricted's right away. Actually my coach has always allowed restricted's. I have used the restricted's and I am down 16 lbs in one month.

Last edited by Kristin135; 09-22-2010 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Tonight I fixed a taco salad using our 5 oz. ground chicken and several allowed spices, then served it over shredded lettuce and it totally took care of my craving for Mexican food! Husband has lost 85 pounds, but I'm still hovering at 180 and have been for over a week. Hmmmm! I've looked over my food log and can't see anything that's holding me up, but I'm going to keep plugging along. I've lost 40# in about 11 weeks, so that is a victory.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #64  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

After every meal I now brush my teeth. Keeps me from munching on something since I don't want to get my clean teeth dirty
Old 09-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post
NSV! Last night when I got into the bathtub I could have sworn the bathtub somehow was bigger! Then I realized nope I'm just smaller! My hips no longer touch the sides of the tub, and I have a few spare inches on both sides!
I had the same experience about 2 weeks ago and it made my day! No, it made my week!! I find myself savoring the small victories and every day seems to bring something new. I had to buy a couple of pairs of pants for work because my old ones made me look like "dumpy butt." Discovered I'm down three pant sizes!!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:02 PM   #66  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Well had Week 5 WI tonight....2.8 pounds. That is a total of 19.9 pounds in 5 weeks. I really wanted that extra ounce!!! Overall I am happy since that is a 4 pound average per week!
Old 09-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #67  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

I've learned from these boards that everyone's body reacts differently! I have used restricteds daily from the beginning and am down nearly 45 lbs and it's week 12 for me. So, the restricted are something to consider (and in fact I cut them this week because I went a little crazy over the weekend and gained three pounds, so I've done strict IP w/no restricteds for the past three days and lost five), but vary from person to person.

My favorite, and the ones that taste the most real to me, are the chocolate soy puffs. I haven't craved regular chocolate (which shocks me), but they sure do make me feel like I'm cheating. Yum.

Today I was told I'm the best dresser of all the middle school teachers. It's a relatively small staff (12 at the MS level), but hey, a compliment is a compliment! I was told I "dress my age." I asked how hold my age is and was told I'm 26. So, they're only 6 years off, but hey, at nearly 32, I'll take that! I'm thinking because I've lost some weight, my confidence has increased whether I know it or not. I'm wearing cute jewelry, etc., when I didn't care so much before (or avoided attention maybe?). Just a fun thing to hear from the trendy 7th graders in my class today!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:41 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking Checking in...

Hi everyone. I finally found a moment to get online to check in. Glad to be back. We went out of town over the weekend and I only had 2 pounds of weight loss this last week, but I've lost 24 pounds in 4 weeks so I sure can't complain about that.

I've been having a harder time leaving other foods alone though and need a shot in the arm to get me back on track. I tend to start feeling sorry for myself.

I had a good lunch I wanted to share. Cook up the IP chili till it's nice and thick. Put shredded head lettuce on a plate, add some tomatoes green pepper and onion and then poor the chili over the top of it. Sort of like a taco salad and really good! I'll post this on the recipe thread to.

Hope you are all having a great week!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:42 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 229/223/160

Just finished my first week on IP - had my weigh in last night and I lost 6 pounds!! I am so excited!
Old 09-22-2010, 09:49 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

At work today one of the nurses told me how good I was looking, and how the outfit I wore the other day really showed how much I'd lost - she was glad I wasn't wearing such baggy clothes. Such a nice thing to hear. Helped me not even go near the banana bread that was in the break room. I've had a few slips and a bit of a slow down the last couple of weeks - but if the taste in my mouth is any indication I must be in Ketosis - big time!
Congrats to all you who keep hanging in and having great losses. Thanks to the wise ones who help us all keep moving on!
Jean
Old 09-22-2010, 10:58 PM   #71  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Weigh-in results / (un)Restricted packets

Well, I had my latest weigh-in today. I was down 1.8 lb which I'm ok with, but the big news was I am down 8 inches from just last week (and this is the week before TOM so I'm doubled shocked). Yay for inches.

Also, on the restricted packet discussion earlier, I was not told to do the IP boot camp my first couple weeks. I still lost significantly. After all the talk of IP boot camp I decided to try it last week to see if it would up my numbers. I discussed this with my coach and she said some people cannot tolerate any restricted packets, but since I had such a large muscle base under my fat, my body is probably wanting the occasional restricted packets because the muscle is burning through my food faster. I would say, experiment to see what works best for your body, because everyone is a little different. Going without the restricted last week I had occasional dizzy/weak spells, but I worked out a ton before starting IP with a high protein intake. (For those of you wondering, I am not working out during IP under my Dr's suggestion. I am looking forward to get back to my PX90, Zumba, and Stripfit classes as soon as I get back to the real me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
My first week's packets are a mix. My coach said I would discover what I liked and what I didn't. So far only the lemon pudding gets a thumbs down.

Even though I've been reading here a lot, my question for all you experts is how do you know for sure you're in ketosis? And, how little a booboo to throw you out? Yesterday I had a little tickle in my throat and started to suck on a Halls lozenge, then realized OMG it's probably full of sugar!! I spit it out right away! Hope I didn't set myself back.
Kaarin, I hated several packets my first week but went back and tried them later to help cravings for different flavors and ended up liking them, so don't necessarily rule something out for good this early on. As far as the Halls, it is hard to say, especially if it is your first week. XClear/Spry has several sugar-free products (sweetened with Xylitol) for those throat tickles. I order it off of Amazon.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:19 PM   #72  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by navy mom 72 View Post
HI Okay I understand the rasp jello dessert option. But please tell me about the others... (Can you tell I still have a bit of a sweet tooth?)

Have a great night celebrating
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
...I'm going to need to know what you're talking about, ma'am. My dessert obsession is crying to find out about cheesecake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I think wyoangel is using Lindora products, not strictly IP products.

Lindora has a cheesecake packet that's pretty good.

Yes, yes, and yes. I am using both Lindora and IP...to supplement costs. They have several puddings and such....I have compared the nutrients and such and have found them pretty comparable.....the choc. cake is high, it is def a restricted item, but if you don't eat it all....... The cheesecake pudding is 8 carbs, 120 cal (so a little high)....the custard creme pudding is 6 carbs, 90 cal. But, my most fav is the chocolate pudding...with a smidge of SF hazelnut syrup.....ohhhhh, Nutella! Yummy!

So, you ask.....what did we choose? We did the cake with the chocolate/hazelnut pudding on top....and split it between 2! I figure if you can't have ice cream.....eat cake.....right?????
Old 09-22-2010, 11:36 PM   #73  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Yes, yes, and yes. I am using both Lindora and IP...to supplement costs. They have several puddings and such....I have compared the nutrients and such and have found them pretty comparable.
New Lifestyles has the same products and I see more cross-over with IP products. Prices are sometimes cheaper than Lindora...depends on Lindora's sales.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:45 PM   #74  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
New Lifestyles has the same products and I see more cross-over with IP products. Prices are sometimes cheaper than Lindora...depends on Lindora's sales.
I have looked at NewLifestyle before...but Lindora has been running some super great specials...my kitchen table looks like it exploded....I really need an organizing method for my madness! I find it helps to have the variety at hand.....then I'm not tempted to cheat. I can have a sweet if I want....just a smart sweet!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Well, I had my latest weigh-in today. I was down 1.8 lb which I'm ok with, but the big news was I am down 8 inches from just last week (and this is the week before TOM so I'm doubled shocked). Yay for inches.

Also, on the restricted packet discussion earlier, I was not told to do the IP boot camp my first couple weeks. I still lost significantly. After all the talk of IP boot camp I decided to try it last week to see if it would up my numbers. I discussed this with my coach and she said some people cannot tolerate any restricted packets, but since I had such a large muscle base under my fat, my body is probably wanting the occasional restricted packets because the muscle is burning through my food faster. I would say, experiment to see what works best for your body, because everyone is a little different. Going without the restricted last week I had occasional dizzy/weak spells, but I worked out a ton before starting IP with a high protein intake. (For those of you wondering, I am not working out during IP under my Dr's suggestion. I am looking forward to get back to my PX90, Zumba, and Stripfit classes as soon as I get back to the real me).

Kaarin, I hated several packets my first week but went back and tried them later to help cravings for different flavors and ended up liking them, so don't necessarily rule something out for good this early on. As far as the Halls, it is hard to say, especially if it is your first week. XClear/Spry has several sugar-free products (sweetened with Xylitol) for those throat tickles. I order it off of Amazon.
Thanks Sheila. I hope the Halls didn't do me in! At the end of day three I'm feeling pretty good. Not hungry at all, but must go eat my chocolate pudding because I have to!
Closed Thread