Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:57 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

It's a gorgeous final day of summer here in Toronto. I'm hanging in there with my next official WI coming on Friday am. Congratulations to all those with losses and NSVs and to Sales God and others for success while on vacation, travelling and other types of hiatus from the IP life.

I had a thought for those suffering from "the big C" (constipation). I recalled last night that for many people chocolate can really slow things down. If you are experiencing problems in this regard, you might want to try avoiding chocolate products for a couple of days and see if that helps to get things moving again.

Jackie
Old 09-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Default Newfoundland

AvaLynn,

My prayers are with your family and friends. I was writing my post while you put up your pictures, so my apologies for the unfortunate juxtaposition of my happy Toronto weather bulletin following immediately on yours of the flooding in your home town. And people wonder why Canadians are weather obsessed!

Jackie
Old 09-21-2010, 01:06 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Height: 5'5

Default Blahhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
That really does sound like a bootcamp experience. Have you done it before? Did it work?

I'm kinda interested to get my body back into hefty losing mode.
Please let me know as well! I thought the veggies worked to help clear you out!
I'm having a rough day here IPers. Weigh in for end of week 3 and only down 3.5 pounds. I did not expect to keep loosing a pound a day however, i would like to be in the 3-5 pound a week range. I started Sept. 1st at 222 and now 207 at end of week 3. If this bootcamp thing works, i'm all about it!!! HELP. I'm feeling like i'll lose it with football season starting and everyone gathering and me being the cook haha..
Hope everyone has a great day! Congrats on all losses.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #49  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmln3x View Post
I really just don't want to have to drink another IP drink today.
Please try a pudding, with 16 oz of water, as a shake. Cuts the sweetness. If you're a coffee drinker, Vanilla, Cappuccino, and Butterscotch are pretty good with 1/2 teaspoon powdered expresso.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #50  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
AvaLynn,

My prayers are with your family and friends. I was writing my post while you put up your pictures, so my apologies for the unfortunate juxtaposition of my happy Toronto weather bulletin following immediately on yours of the flooding in your home town. And people wonder why Canadians are weather obsessed!

Jackie
Thank-you for your kinds words and enjoy the beautiful weather you are having in Toronto... it is freezing here in Alberta.

Sadly, the weather in Newfoundland isn't easing off yet and it just getting worse, so glad to know all of the individuals are in your prayers during this hard time.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
That really does sound like a bootcamp experience. Have you done it before? Did it work?

I have never done boot camp before this is my first time. I enjoy the bars so much I was not willing to give them up. I have had a tough few months so I decided to try this. Plus I have a surplus of non restricted IP packages that I need to get rid of so what better way than to eat them LOLOL
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM   #52  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Quote:

Thx, that is what I thought. Funny though because I have been doing that off and on since starting IP. I have had no restricted IP foods and only the occational red or yellow pepper or tomato or tomato sauce (no sugar). I feel great, have creavings occationally, and when I feel I need extra (like when tom's in town and coach instructed me to) I have an extra IP packet. Tonya
Old 09-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #53  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvaLynn View Post
Hi all;
I am having an absolute horrid day... my hometown is under a state of emergency due to hurricane Igor and I am unable to get ahold of family members please take a moment and wish everyone well in Newfoundland, Canada, their homes are flooding and roads which are their only access in and out of their communities are washing away. Thank-you
Praying for everyone's safety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbswainer View Post

Are you drinking tons of water? Could also be the veggies you are eating, they can change up the color and smell.
I am drinking upwards of 120 oz of water a day. I tend to believe my coach because the intensity of the yellow corresponds to the amount of ketones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I'm not sure how wandering around in my speedo is going to add to everyone's holiday cheer. But I'm sure I can find one that's, er, festive!
Okay, in my quick read---or strange mind, I read "festive" as "elusive". It was a scary double take!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #54  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

AvaLynn, that looks scary. I'm sorry you are so worried. Do let us know how your family is when you reach them. sending strength and prayers...

Quote:
I'm not sure how wandering around in my speedo is going to add to everyone's holiday cheer. But I'm sure I can find one that's, er, festive!
How about festive and furry to keep the, um, 'parts' warm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniestf View Post
OMG….Someone give me strength! There are three « Family size » bags of chip wagon fries in the kitchen right now….I can smell them from my desk and it’s overwhelming…..

Is this a test? OMG….I can do it….I know I can!

Help!!!!
Yes, melaniestf, you are strong and you know you can do it!! We know it too.

as one who is very value conscious, I love the idea of one cheat costing you about $40 (thx for reminder, sheila1971). That cost is about three days worth of IP packets plus supplements when that one cheat takes you out of ketosis and it takes you three days to get back.

Speaking of ketosis, I am on day 5 and am not sure if I am in ketosis or not. In yesterday's thread, you may have read me saying that for my first three days, I had 4 IP packets on each of those days (plus everything else was supposed to eat and drink). Now I am just doing 3 packets. I feel pretty good and my mouth doesn't taste weird (metallic or cottony). My urine is yellow and bright, but I'm drinking so much water that it seems normal given the supplements I'm on. I tried ketosis sticks (including first thing in the morning urine, where I guessed the ketones might be more concentrated) and only in my wildest imagination is there any color change (slight, if any) I'll be a bit embarrassed that I didn't find it myself from all the resources here, but can anyone point me (and the other newbies) to more specifics on knowing you are in ketosis?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:30 PM   #55  
Started IP 07/22/2010

S/C/G: 257.4/205.8/175

Quote:
So I went to my first WI since my protocol hiatus, and the news was acceptable. After 9 days off protocol, and another 7 back on, I broke even. No gain, no loss -- or better said, an equal amount of gain and loss. So I'm back on track and it's looking like if I hit the Halloween Challenge (30 lbs. for me), then after Halloween I can start on Phase 2. I should be on maintenance just in time to avoid all of the holiday food...

I bet you could find a red one with a matching Santa hat or antlers
Old 09-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tminus80 View Post
Thx, that is what I thought. Funny though because I have been doing that off and on since starting IP. I have had no restricted IP foods and only the occational red or yellow pepper or tomato or tomato sauce (no sugar). I feel great, have creavings occationally, and when I feel I need extra (like when tom's in town and coach instructed me to) I have an extra IP packet. Tonya
Your losses each week have been amazing !! 40 pounds since July good for you !!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 191/157/140

Hello all - haven't posted in a while, just been busy. Managed to eat out and stay on IP. Awesome baked salmon with veg and salad. Delish. As for IP foods, i must state that I hate the banana drink. Blech. Blech, Blech. Can anyone say medicine? I think I'll just stick with the others. Also, had the choc rasp bar at coffee break yesterday. Cut it into little pieces. It felt like such a splurge. For sure a favourite.

Tonight we're going out of town so may not have best food choices. Wish me luck. I've already prep'd my salad to take in the car on the ride in.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #58  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Okay, in my quick read---or strange mind, I read "festive" as "elusive". It was a scary double take!
I'm going with strange mind on that one, quick read or no. But it gave me an idea for a children's book called The Ferret and the Elusive Speedo. Look for it at a book store near you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
AvaLynn,
How about festive and furry to keep the, um, 'parts' warm?
There's a "ho ho ho" joke and a "down the chimney" joke in their somewhere...and when I say somewhere in there, I mean in the speedo. And by speedo I mean ferrets. They're furry...
Old 09-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 222/207/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tminus80 View Post
So, it has worked for you. I'd love to do away with my veggies! I feel full after my Ip foods and my one grilled protein a day. I'm scared to do it without knowing for sure that it works!
Old 09-21-2010, 01:44 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaKate View Post
So, it has worked for you. I'd love to do away with my veggies! I feel full after my Ip foods and my one grilled protein a day. I'm scared to do it without knowing for sure that it works!
You still need to eat your vegetables and salad. You just stay away from the ones you are allowed 2 times per week.
Closed Thread